Thor vs. Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dvampire
Give reason why you think that character should win. The fight is in Metropolis and the city is unpopulated. Who wins?

DigiMark007
Do a search. This fight has been done before.

...thor here though...

-DM

dvampire
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Do a search. This fight has been done before.

...thor here though...

-DM

Man. My bad again then. embarrasment

Cosmic Cube
Thor.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Thor.

Superman big grin stick out tongue

Cosmic Cube
Yeah right. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Captain Marvel gave Superman a nosebleed. Thor would own him.

whirlysplat
Sif knocked Thor for a loop big grin

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by whirlysplat
Sif knocked Thor for a loop big grin

Sif?

whirlysplat
Indeed Thors old girlfriend big grin

Cosmic Cube
?

Anyway, Mjolnir is all that Thor needs to win this fight.

dvampire
?

Anyway, Mjolnir is all that Thor needs to win this fight.

Superman would just speedbiltz him and the fight is over. Thor is fast but hes not moving at light speed. smile

whirlysplat
Hmm lets not get into this but............ "no one in the nine worlds can"............ "I guess on my world the dials go up to 11", Supes was blindsided by Marvel in JLA and in Kingdom come he took supes by suprise with the lightning if thats your point. Speed blitz by supes takes it big grin He hits Thor a thousand times, before, Thor who is quick knows its happening big grin

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by dvampire
Superman would just speedbiltz him and the fight is over. Thor is fast but hes not moving at light speed. smile

Neither is Superman. Thor can fly way faster than light via Mjolnir, he's just as strong as Superman, he's just as durable, and he's a million times a better fighter. Mjolnir has more than enough juice to put Superman down a hundred times over.

Cosmic Cube
Hmm lets not get into this but............ "no one in the nine worlds can"............ "I guess on my world the dials go up to 11", Supes was blindsided by Marvel in JLA and in Kingdom come he took supes by suprise with the lightning if thats your point. Speed blitz by supes takes it big grin He hits Thor a thousand times, before, Thor who is quick knows its happening big grin
Thor can move, fight, and react just as fast as Superman. I saw scans of Superman's fights with Captain Marvel. I don't think he blindsided him.

dvampire
Neither is Superman. Thor can fly way faster than light via Mjolnir, he's just as strong as Superman, he's just as durable, and he's a million times a better fighter. Mjolnir has more than enough juice to put Superman down a hundred times over.

He can fly at faster then light but he can't fight that fast. But Thor is not to be taken lightly.

I give this to Superman 8/10

Thor being able to teleport and use godblast are going to cause some problems for Superman. smile

whirlysplat

Thors flight speed in the Atmosphere is escape velocity according to Marvel. Thors quick but not that quick and his not as durable really. Don't get me wrong I love Thor specially in the days when Marvel had a hierarchy and he used to beat the Surfer up, but................... Mjolinir won't touch supes if supes doesn't want it to and if Nefaria can stop it so can the man from Krypton.

big grin

Cosmic Cube
He can fly at faster then light but he can't fight that fast. But Thor is not to be taken lightly.

I give this to Superman 8/10

Thor being able to teleport and use godblast are going to cause some problems for Superman. smile
Are you serious? Perhaps you didn't see what Captain Marvel's lightning did to Superman. Thor is 100% god, not some kid with magic powers.

Superman doesn't move or fight even close to the speed of light. He will be lucky if he can keep up with Thor in Warrior Madness.

Thor wins at least 8 of 10.

Cosmic Cube
Thors flight speed in the Atmosphere is escape velocity according to Marvel. Thors quick but not that quick and his not as durable really. Don't get me wrong I love Thor specially in the days when Marvel had a hierarchy and he used to beat the Surfer up, but................... Mjolinir won't touch supes if supes doesn't want it to and if Nefaria can stop it so can the man from Krypton.

big grin

Escape Velocity? Where did you get that? Marvel.com says "greater than light."

Superman's top speed on Earth is Mach 15, so he certainly doesn't have the speed advantage.

whirlysplat
Escape Velocity? Where did you get that?

Superman's top speed on Earth is Mach 15, so he certainly doesn't have the speed advantage.

Supes is faster than 15 times the speed of sound, I got it from a dated (i accept that) Marvel Universe set.

whirlysplat
Are you honestly telling me you think Thor moves and has reflexes as quick as Superman.

dvampire
Are you serious? Perhaps you didn't see what Captain Marvel's lightning did to Superman. Thor is 100% god, not some kid with magic powers.

Superman doesn't move or fight even close to the speed of light. He will be lucky if he can keep up with Thor in Warrior Madness.

Thor wins at least 8 of 10.

Captain Marvel will give Thor a fight if not beat him.

Wisdom of Solomon

Strength of Hercules

Stamina of Atlas

Powers of Zeus

Courage of Achilles

And Speed of Mercury

dvampire
Escape Velocity? Where did you get that? Marvel.com says "greater than light."

That was ten years ago. confused

Cosmic Cube
Captain Marvel will give Thor a fight if not beat him.

Wisdom of Solomon

Strength of Hercules

Stamina of Atlas

Powers of Zeus

Courage of Achilles

And Speed of Mercury

Thor's faster than Mercury, stronger than Hercules, and a better fighter than any greek god. He would hand Captain Marvel his ass on a platter.

Cosmic Cube
That was ten years ago. confused

And it hasn't changed. I read Superman's comics quite often.

dvampire
And it hasn't changed. I read Superman's comics quite often.

I highly doubt that. Superman flew from eath to pluto (Superman: our worlds at war) in no time. Superman flew from the earth to the sun in less than a few seconds (issue #13 Superman/Batman) where he fought Darksied and speedbiltz him.

dvampire
Thor's faster than Mercury, stronger than Hercules, and a better fighter than any greek god. He would hand Captain Marvel his ass on a platter.

Hes not faster then Captain Marvel. He has a hard time fighting the Hulk most the time.

Cosmic Cube
I highly doubt that. Superman flew from eath to pluto (Superman: our worlds at war) in no time. Superman flew from the earth to the sun in less than a few seconds (issue #13 Superman/Batman) where he fought Darksied and speedbiltz him.

I said, on Earth. In space, Superman flies at about 50% the speed of light. Flying at Mach 15, he could escape earth's gravity in about 15 seconds. Thor does so much faster. Magic has no physical restrictions.

Draco69
I think a better fight would be the future Adult version of Superboy versus Thor. Superman's powers.....but absolutely no morals and restrictions. Not to mention his uber-TK.

kgkg
I said, on Earth. In space, Superman flies at about 50% the speed of light. Flying at Mach 15, he could escape earth's gravity in about 15 seconds. Thor does so much faster. Magic has no physical restrictions.
Thor can go beyond Light speed.

But his reaction is much slower than superman’s.

Superman does have speed advantage like Gladiator.

Gladiator 100X light speed vs Superman’s near light speed

Hammer =win for Thor.

Without his hammer (like the battle with Hulk)

Thor goes down

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Draco69
I think a better fight would be the future Adult version of Superboy versus Thor. Superman's powers.....but absolutely no morals and restrictions. Not to mention his uber-TK.

Thor would still defeat Adult Superboy. It's not a matter of whether of not Superman holds back. Thor is a way better fighter, and Mjolnir is capable of nearly anything.

long pig
Show me somewhere that states Thor can fight/react/travel at light speed.
Speed is the only reason 99% of people, including me, think Superman can win.

Without a speed advantage, superman is doomed.

Show me.....it'd be nice to know.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by long pig
Show me somewhere that states Thor can fight/react/travel at light speed.
Speed is the only reason 99% of people, including me, think Superman can win.

Without a speed advantage, superman is doomed.

Show me.....it'd be nice to know.

One sec, long pig. One sec...

long pig
no prob....it'd be nice to have closure on this subject.

evil face i hope thor can go lightspeed.....evil face

kgkg
no prob....it'd be nice to have closure on this subject.

evil face i hope thor can go lightspeed.....evil face
light speed embarrasment
there you go long pig

dvampire

Superman is as fast the speed of light. In Superman issue #217 he even stats that he could go faster but he almost always slows when flying over populated areas to eliminate the sonic boom. smile

leonidas
even without his speed advantage this is too close to call. supes has taken gods down before. draco, in the war of the gods mishmash that ran through wonder woman a few years back, didn't supes battle a couple different gods?

i'd give the strength edge to supes, the fighting levels don't much matter IMHO - they'll both stand there punching the crap out of each other. in a somewhat recent battle with doomsday (think the scans are in the ss v superman thread) supes is shown to be about 3 feet away from dd when dd unleashed some sort of energy weapon. we see superimposed supes as he, apparently without effort of moving from his initial position, evades the breath weapon! supes is DAMN fast, and in combat i'd give him the edge in speed. BUT . . . you cannot deny the hammer advantage. thor's lightning and god force is WICKED powerful magic and i think most times it would be too much for supes to overcome. AND while supes is supes, thor is thor . . . i'm gonna say thor 6/10, in a bloody war. i'd pay a good money to see an issue where these 2 actually went all out . . .

kgkg
Superman is as fast the speed of light. In Superman issue #217 he even stats that he could go faster but he almost always slows when flying over populated areas to eliminate the sonic boom. smile
and gladiator says he can rip stars

smile

And no one can beat him.

dvampire
Originally posted by kgkg
and gladiator says he can rip stars

smile

And no one can beat him.

Yeah. But he got defeated by the Hulk so hes beatable. Superman also lift war world so he can punch a planet with no problem at all.

long pig
What issue is that from?
Was this the issue where Glad was going 100x lightspeed??

Cosmic Cube

dvampire
What issue is that from?
Was this the issue where Glad was going 100x lightspeed??

I have to find the issue but head to photobucket.com or incrediblehulk.com its at one of those sites . He defeated Gladiator, he even tried to take him into space but failed (he grab the belly to belly not very smart on his part). laughing

long pig
Is it safe to say Thor is at WW's fighting speed or faster?
If yes, then Superman goes down.
(I was serious about Gladiator going 100x speed of light, he's done it)

Cosmic Cube

Easily. He was fast enough to react and avoid the Silver Surfer's attacks. People tend to forget that he's a god. He has godlike fighting speed. Why expect any less?

kgkg
when he fought thor he went 100X speed of light

Gladiator whould kick

THor , or Supermans ass

a guy who blows planets with one/two.

Gladiator wins

laughing

dvampire

Gladiator whould kick

THor , or Supermans ass

Gladiator wins

laughing

And yet he lost to the Hulk. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Cosmic Cube

Gladiator whould kick

THor , or Supermans ass

Gladiator wins

laughing
And Silver Surfer can fly at speeds millions of times faster than light. Imagine how fast Thor is.

kgkg
And yet he lost to the Hulk. roll eyes (sarcastic)
ya and pre crisis supes was send to Space by the same Hulk roll eyes (sarcastic)

Cosmic Cube
ya and pre crisis supes was send to Space by the same Hulk roll eyes (sarcastic)

X-actly

kgkg
And Silver Surfer can fly at speeds millions of times faster than light. Imagine how fast Thor is.
Thor was using some device reed made to keep up with Gladiator.

But Thor has fought many speedsters

In Comics (Marvel or DC) when it comes to Power houses they seem to ignore speed lot sad especially if they have tons of power.

Gladiator wins

long pig
I was under the impression he can fight near sound speed, but I've never seen Thor speed blitz anyone.

But of course, who want's a 2 panel comic?

Cosmic Cube
I was under the impression he can fight near sound speed, but I've never seen Thor speed blitz anyone.

But of course, who want's a 2 panel comic?

How often have you seen a speed blitz in a fight that didn't include Flash, Quicksilver, or some other character with superspeed alone? Superman almost never speed blitzes, and he's known for his speed. Thor isn't a "Look how fast I can move!" guy. He's more of a "See how swiftly I might smite thee!" kinda guy. He doesn't boast his speed.

juggernaut74
How often have you seen a speed blitz in a fight that didn't include Flash, Quicksilver, or some other character with superspeed alone? Superman almost never speed blitzes But yet you say Silver Surfer will do it. Happy Dance

Your a f*cking genius wink

leonidas
<<Gladiator wins>>

what the ----??

(leo sneaks up on an unsuspecting kg . . .)

pssst, kg, come here. yah you. that's it. come here, i gotta tell you a secret . . .

THIS IS A THOR VS SUPERMAN THREAD!!!!!!!!!

oh, and your relationship with glads is starting to freak me out . . .

smile

thor has more trouble with supes than glads, by the way . . .

kgkg
long pig do you like mario ? big grin

kgkg
Originally posted by leonidas
<<Gladiator wins>>

what the ----??

(leo sneaks up on an unsuspecting kg . . .)

pssst, kg, come here. yah you. that's it. come here, i gotta tell you a secret . . .

THIS IS A THOR VS SUPERMAN THREAD!!!!!!!!!

oh, and your relationship with glads is starting to freak me out . . .

smile

thor has more trouble with supes than glads, by the way . . .
sorry big grin

long pig
Who doesn't like mario? big grin
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/user_sigs/customsig_54292_Wa.gif

Cosmic Cube
LMMFAO!!!

Long pig, you officially "the man."

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by juggernaut74
But yet you say Silver Surfer will do it. Happy Dance

Your a f*cking genius wink

Aren't I?

Mind you, we aren't talking about "fighting in character." We're discussing Thor's speed. Speedblitzing is a viable tactic for Superman. He's welcome to do so.

juggernaut74
Aren't I? Im convinced.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Im convinced.

edited my post.

Avalonofthewind
Supes wins this fight 8/10

Mjolnir is Thors real chance due to its magic properties.

Thor is nowhere near Supes strength. He is nowhere near Supes speed. He has nowhere near Supes Durability.

A blast of true heat vision from a pissed off Supes would quickly end thors "immortal" life.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Supes wins this fight 8/10

Mjolnir is Thors real chance due to its magic properties.

Thor is nowhere near Supes strength. He is nowhere near Supes speed. He has nowhere near Supes Durability.

A blast of true heat vision from a pissed off Supes would quickly end thors "immortal" life.

Is this just your opinion, or do you have proof?

Sentry
Thor walked through it to try and get Superman did he not? Heat Vision. Pffttt...If Thor was written properly, he would have used Mjlonir to block the heat vision and walk forward.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Sentry
Thor walked through it to try and get Superman did he not? Heat Vision. Pffttt...If Thor was written properly, he would have used Mjlonir to block the heat vision and walk forward.

Heat Vision? What the f**k?

He's talking about the crossover? Puh-lease. That was the crappiest writing since Batman vs Hulk.

Thor can fly faster than Superman via Mjolnir. Thor can move just as fast as Superman. Thor is just as strong as Superman. Thor is just as durable as Superman. Thor is a billion times the fighter Superman could ever dream of being. Thor has one of the most powerful magical artifacts in the universe. It's not just a magic hammer.

Thor owns Superman. To say otherwise is simply denying the facts.

Sentry
I agree Cube. Thor was the backbone of marvel heroes. Goes against characters like Ego, Thanos, Classic Juggs, etc...Thor wins.

Avalonofthewind
Is this just your opinion, or do you have proof?

Hulk and Juggs have given Thor and extremly hard time.
Hell, he had to send Juggs away..he couldnt do much to him.

Supes Heat vision eliminated an army of DD clones.
Is thor more durable than Doomsday? Thor doesnt hold back anywhere near as much as Supes does.

Norse "Gods" are not as durable as Supes, they aren't even truly immortal. While Marvel changes things here and there..they have kept some of their originality intact.

Where are you getting this speed thing for Thor? I've read a bunch of thor and avengers comics over the years and have NEVER seen thor do anything remotely close to Supes speed. Mjolnir allows him to fly, blast, and teleport, but that doesnt mean he's anywhere near Supes league himself.

You saw what Supes has done to DD lately? He will do that to Thor..only worse.

dvampire
I agree Cube. Thor was the backbone of marvel heroes. Goes against characters like Ego, Thanos, Classic Juggs, etc...Thor wins.

Superman fights beings like Darksied, General Zod, Imperiex (a being that destorys galaxies), and lots more. smile Superman wins this in speed and strentgh.

Supes 8/10

Cosmo Kramer
I am confused. How much has Supes powers been upgraded over the years?

Sentry
Thor fights beings like Surtur, Ymir, Desak, Perrikus, Thanos, Galactus etc...Can't forget what Gog did to Superman many times.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/galanvsthor.jpg

dvampire
Originally posted by Cosmo Kramer
I am confused. How much has Supes powers been upgraded over the years?

Alot sense ten years ago. Traveling faster then the speed of light and lifted the planet war world, hes not post-crisis but hes heading in that direction. smile

dvampire
Thor fights beings like Surtur, Ymir, Desak, Perrikus, Thanos, Galactus etc...Can't forget what Gog did to Superman many times.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/galanvsthor.jpg

The only way Thor ever would beat Galactus is if hes veeeeeeeery weaken. smile

Cosmo Kramer
Oh, good because this old comic makes no sense!

Cosmo Kramer
Alot sense ten years ago. Traveling faster then the speed of light and lifted the planet war world, hes not post-crisis but hes heading in that direction. smile

I hate DC comics!

Avalonofthewind
He heated up the earth with his heat vision.

dvampire
Originally posted by Cosmo Kramer
I hate DC comics!

Umm...well...no comment. laughing out loud

Sentry
Thor has driven away a weak Galactus. A weak Galactus is no stronger than a skyfather. That's why feebs like Krona and the Guardians got the better of him.

Cosmic Cube

Superman never traveled faster than light post-crisis.

dvampire
Superman never traveled faster than light post-crisis.

Sorry I meant pre-crisis. And current Supes is more powerful then he was ten years ago. embarrasment

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Hulk and Juggs have given Thor and extremly hard time.
Hell, he had to send Juggs away..he couldnt do much to him.

Supes Heat vision eliminated an army of DD clones.
Is thor more durable than Doomsday? Thor doesnt hold back anywhere near as much as Supes does.

Norse "Gods" are not as durable as Supes, they aren't even truly immortal. While Marvel changes things here and there..they have kept some of their originality intact.

Where are you getting this speed thing for Thor? I've read a bunch of thor and avengers comics over the years and have NEVER seen thor do anything remotely close to Supes speed. Mjolnir allows him to fly, blast, and teleport, but that doesnt mean he's anywhere near Supes league himself.

You saw what Supes has done to DD lately? He will do that to Thor..only worse.

Juggernaut is totally invulnerable. Superman wouldn't be able to hurt him either. Hulk would give Superman the fight of his life. He has exceeded Superman's strength in mere seconds, and once he's mad, it's next to impossible to knock him out. Bad comparison.

You can't really comment on Thor's durability if you don't read up on him.

How do you know how much Thor holds back? What the f**k?

The Avengers doesn't give Thor's best showings. Read his comics to see his true power. He's got what it takes to put Supes down and then some.

I believe Superman was enhanced when he fought Doomsday. Regardless, he can do anthing Superman can, and better. Thor would have no problem dealing with Doomsday.

Cosmic Cube
Sorry I meant pre-crisis. And current Supes is more powerful then he was ten years ago. embarrasment

I read "Adventures of Superman," "JLA," and "Action Comics" regularly. Honestly, I don't see any difference.

dvampire
Juggernaut is totally invulnerable. Superman wouldn't be able to hurt him either. Hulk would give Superman the fight of his life. He has exceeded Superman's strength in mere seconds, and once he's mad, it's next to impossible to knock him out. Bad comparison.

You can't really comment on Thor's durability if you don't read up on him.

How do you know how much Thor holds back? What the f**k?

The Avengers doesn't give Thor's best showings. Read his comics to see his true power. He's got what it takes to put Supes down and then some.

I believe Superman was enhanced when he fought Doomsday. Regardless, he can do anthing Superman can, and better. Thor would have no problem dealing with Doomsday.

Juggernaunt is to slow and can't fly so he loses.

Superman can just speedblitz the Hulk, knock him in the air and hit him with alot of heat vision or speedbiltz him from all types of angles in the air since the Hulk can't fly or atleast dash out of the air hes at a big disadvantage, or the easiest option would be to grab him by his legs and take him into space where he can't breath.

And Doomsday is way faster then Thor and he can evovle while hes fighting. Thor would have a difficult time fighting against something like that. smile

Cosmic Cube
Juggernaunt is to slow and can't fly so he loses.

Superman can just speedblitz the Hulk, knock him in the air and hit him with alot of heat vision or speedbiltz him from all types of angles in the air since the Hulk can't fly or atleast dash out of the air hes at a big disadvantage, or the easiest option would be to grab him by his legs and take him into space where he can't breath.

And Doomsday is way faster then Thor and he can evovle while hes fighting. Thor would have a difficult time fighting against something like that. smile

Can Superman defeat anyone without throwing them into space? That's not really fighting. It's more like avoiding a fight. Truth is, that's the only way he could get the best of Juggernaut. Thing is, Juggernaut won't be able to hit Superman, either.

Heat vision isn't going to defeat Hulk. If anything, it would make him stronger. Speedblitzing could work, but Hulk deals with foes with superspeed regularly. Hulk's a wild card. He could go down near the plateau of the fight, or he might get stronger and get the best of Superman. I give Superman 6/10 victories against Hulk.

Doomsday is not faster than Thor. I've heard a million myths about Doomsday's speed that have never been substantiated. Someone says "Wow Doomsday's fast!", and suddenly, he's faster than Flash.

He adapts after being overcome by a certain type of attack. If he becomes a problem, Thor could teleport him into a black hole, if he wanted to.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

DrDoom
Preach!

leonidas
thor's greatest strength (his magic hammer) is supes's greatest weakness. i agree - supes is faster, stronger and more durable. but thor is no slouch in any of these areas and is close enough to where his magic would often be the deciding factor. magic lightning, godforce magic, these would weaken supes enough for thor's strength and hammer to finish him. supe's heat vision would never touch thor because of his hammer. this is still an extremely close fight and i give thor the edge, barely - 6/10.

CorderaMitchell
Pleas read http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/genesis/review/R15722.html

dvampire
Can Superman defeat anyone without throwing them into space? That's not really fighting. It's more like avoiding a fight. Truth is, that's the only way he could get the best of Juggernaut. Thing is, Juggernaut won't be able to hit Superman, either.

Heat vision isn't going to defeat Hulk. If anything, it would make him stronger. Speedblitzing could work, but Hulk deals with foes with superspeed regularly. Hulk's a wild card. He could go down near the plateau of the fight, or he might get stronger and get the best of Superman. I give Superman 6/10 victories against Hulk.

Doomsday is not faster than Thor. I've heard a million myths about Doomsday's speed that have never been substantiated. Someone says "Wow Doomsday's fast!", and suddenly, he's faster than Flash.

He adapts after being overcome by a certain type of attack. If he becomes a problem, Thor could teleport him into a black hole, if he wanted to.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Superman is already from the start stronger and faster then him. And he can fly that gives him a big advantage. And heat vision (that go up to 3-4000 degrees) would burn all his flesh off of his body, it take some time for him to heal by that time he will already be in space. Plus he can just speedbiltz him hulk can't counter FTL speeds ever. Supes just knocks him in the air and just have his way with him, the Hulk got nothing on him. What good is strength if your not fast enough or can't reach your opponent. smile Doomsday and Superman was fighting at Sound speed ten years ago. Doomsday is way more powerful then that now (he now has intelligence).

dvampire
thor's greatest strength (his magic hammer) is supes's greatest weakness. i agree - supes is faster, stronger and more durable. but thor is no slouch in any of these areas and is close enough to where his magic would often be the deciding factor. magic lightning, godforce magic, these would weaken supes enough for thor's strength and hammer to finish him. supe's heat vision would never touch thor because of his hammer. this is still an extremely close fight and i give thor the edge, barely - 6/10.

Supes not going to stand in front of his attacks. Thor has range attacks but so does Superman with his heat vision and ice breath. And hes way faster then him, Thor can't keep up with Superman. smile

Cosmic Cube
Supes not going to stand in front of his attacks. Thor has range attacks but so does Superman with his heat vision and ice breath. And hes way faster then him, Thor can't keep up with Superman. smile

Thor can definitely keep up with Superman. He fights Silver Surfer, who is way faster than Superman. Heat Vision will get deflected or absorbed by Mjolnir, Super Breath won't have much of an effect. Mjolnir's full force would leave Superman lifeless. Superman will get taken down hand to hand, or at range.

leonidas
lightning attacks (magic) can come from anywhere in an instant. supes can't dodge it. once he's staggered, a godforce blast stuns him more (possibly beats him because it is HIGH LEVEL magic) then thor can get his hands on him. heat vision again, would never touch thor who has blocked and absorbed surfer's blasts. believe me, i love supes, but thor wins the majority of these i think.

Cosmic Cube
Superman is already from the start stronger and faster then him. And he can fly that gives him a big advantage. And heat vision (that go up to 3-4000 degrees) would burn all his flesh off of his body, it take some time for him to heal by that time he will already be in space. Plus he can just speedbiltz him hulk can't counter FTL speeds ever. Supes just knocks him in the air and just have his way with him, the Hulk got nothing on him. What good is strength if your not fast enough or can't reach your opponent. smile Doomsday and Superman was fighting at Sound speed ten years ago. Doomsday is way more powerful then that now (he now has intelligence).

Didn't notice this post. Hulk has taken the heat of thermonuclear reactors without even blistering. The heat of a star wasn't enough to stop him. 4,000 degrees is nothing. Heat vision isn't doing anything to him.

Superman does not move faster than light.

Thor is faster than sound. Much faster. If I recall correctly, sentience made Doomsday weaker.

kgkg
lightning attacks (magic) can come from anywhere in an instant. supes can't dodge it. once he's staggered, a godforce blast stuns him more (possibly beats him because it is HIGH LEVEL magic) then thor can get his hands on him. heat vision again, would never touch thor who has blocked and absorbed surfer's blasts. believe me, i love supes, but thor wins the majority of these i think.
The only way I see Supes winning is separating Mjolnir from Thor.

Cosmic Cube
The only way I see Supes winning is separating Mjolnir from Thor.

Which is impossible, as stated by Odin. Unless Thor places Mjolnir on the ground, and Superman lifts it, Superman cannot come into it's possession, or take it from him. Mjolnir cannot be taken from Thor's hands, period. The crossover was plain crap.

kgkg
Which is impossible, as stated by Odin. Unless Thor puts Mjolnir down and Superman lifts it, Superman cannot come into it's possession. Mjolnir cannot be taken from Thor's hands, period. The crossover was plain crap.
not really

Gladiator kicked Mjolnir away from thor and kicked his ass.

Cosmic Cube
not really

Gladiator kicked Mjolnir away from thor and kicked his ass.

Was the hammer in Thor's hands?

dvampire
Thor can definitely keep up with Superman. He fights Silver Surfer, who is way faster than Superman. Heat Vision will get deflected or absorbed by Mjolnir, Super Breath won't have much of an effect. Mjolnir's full force would leave Superman lifeless. Superman will get taken down hand to hand, or at range.

Surfer never speedbiltz Thor. And Superman will beat him h2h. smile

kgkg
Was the hammer in Thor's hands?
Yes Gladiator speed blitz him (you know how fast glad can be)

Then knocked his hammer away from his hand , then kicked it

kgkg
but superman is no Gladiator one hit from M will send him packing

dvampire

Supermans heat vision heated up an planet with. At 11,000 degrees Thor won't last long. smile

kgkg
Supermans heat vision heated up an planet with. At 11,000 degrees Thor won't last long. smile
Gladiator heat vision (eye beam) is more lethal than the hottest stars

Thor has blocked that.

dvampire
Didn't notice this post. Hulk has taken the heat of thermonuclear reactors without even blistering. The heat of a star wasn't enough to stop him. 4,000 degrees is nothing. Heat vision isn't doing anything to him.

Superman does not move faster than light.

Thor is faster than sound. Much faster. If I recall correctly, sentience made Doomsday weaker.

He can amp heat vision to even greater degrees. smile

dvampire

Superman takes blows from General Zod, Darksied, Imperiex, and Preus. Superman can take him with no problem. He survived a black hole and withstood the moon's destruction.

kgkg
Superman takes blows from General Zod, Darksied, Imperiex, and Preus. Superman can take him with no problem. He survived a black hole and withstood the moon's destruction.
CM with (magic powered punch) knocked him out with one hit.

Thor will do the same thing

dvampire

Superman face beings just like Gladiator (who got beaten by the Hulk) some even more powerful, Darksied, General Zod, Imperiex, Preus and more. smile

Cosmic Cube
He can amp heat vision to even greater degrees. smile

Doesn't matter. Hulk can take the heat of a star, or hotter. Heat Vision won't put him down.

dvampire
Doesn't matter. Hulk can take the heat of a star, or hotter. Heat Vision won't put him down.

When in rage by that time he the fight would be over. smile

kgkg
Superman face beings just like Gladiator (who got beaten by the Hulk) some even more powerful, Darksied, General Zod, Imperiex, Preus and more. smile
Gladiator =< Pre Crisis superman

Gladiator speed: 100 X speed of light

Superman: not even close

Gladiator breaks planets with one hit:

Superman can't

Gladiator heat vision is hotter than many stars combined

Supes can’t match that

As for hulk radiation was used to explain

The same hulk has punched Pre-Crisis supes into space.

Cosmic Cube
Surfer never speedbiltz Thor. And Superman will beat him h2h. smile

Superman is not a better hand to hand fighter.

Yes Gladiator speed blitz him (you know how fast glad can be)

Then knocked his hammer away from his hand , then kicked it

What is going on in this scan? Did Thor throw the hammer, or something? Why is it floating in mid-air?

dvampire
Gladiator =< Pre Crisis superman

Gladiator speed: 100 X speed of light

Superman: not even close

Gladiator breaks planets with one hit:

Superman can't

Gladiator heat vision is hotter than many stars combined

Supes can’t match that

As for hulk radiation was used to explain

The same hulk has punched Pre-Crisis supes into space. roll eyes (sarcastic)

But he was beaten nearly to death by the Hulk. Superman can break planets with a punch. He lifted war world and fought beings like Imperiex that destroys galaxies.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Cosmic Cube
When in rage by that time he the fight would be over. smile

Probably not. Superman's heat vision will do some damage to Hulk, until he gets mad. When Hulk gets mad, it's almost impossible to knock him out, or even hurt him. If Hulk is pissed enough, he could crush Superman. Otherwise, he'd still give Superman a good fight, but he would lose. Superman would have to strategize against Hulk. Going blow for blow, he's toast.

kgkg
roll eyes (sarcastic)

But he was beaten nearly to death by the Hulk. Superman can break planets with a punch. He lifted war world and fought beings like Imperiex that destroys galaxies.
roll eyes (sarcastic)
but it's true

poor supes

kgkg
roll eyes (sarcastic)

roll eyes (sarcastic)

show me scans of this.

LOL he can't break planet with one punch buddy nice try laughing

Cosmic Cube
roll eyes (sarcastic)

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hulk breaks planets with a punch, and he can easily become 100 times as strong as Superman.

Thor fights guys like Surtur and Fing Fang Foom, who destroy galaxies.

What's your point?

Cosmic Cube
show me scans of this.

LOL he can't break planet with one punch buddy nice try laughing

Hulk can, and did. big grin

dvampire
Probably not. Superman's heat vision will do some damage to Hulk, until he gets mad. When Hulk gets mad, it's almost impossible to knock him out, or even hurt him. If Hulk is pissed enough, he could crush Superman. Otherwise, he'd still give Superman a good fight, but he would lose. Superman would have to strategize against Hulk. Going blow for blow, he's toast.

If he gets speedbiltz to death Supes wins. Superman just grab him by his legs and take him into space where the Hulk can't breath, the fight is over. smile

kgkg
Hulk can, and did. big grin
ya hulk can supes can't

Just assumption where did supes break a planet with one hit

lol

dvampire
Hulk breaks planets with a punch, and he can easily become 100 times as strong as Superman.

Thor fights guys like Surtur and Fing Fang Foom, who destroy galaxies.

What's your point?

He can becaome strong all he wants, he still won't be fast enough to hit him. smile

Mainstream
ya hulk can supes can't

lol

doesn't Supes struggle to lift the moon now?

Cosmic Cube
If he gets speedbiltz to death Supes wins. Superman just grab him by his legs and take him into space where the Hulk can't breath, the fight is over. smile

You'd be suprised how long Hulk can hold his breath. A speedblitz might work, depending on Hulk's state of mind. As I said before, throwing your opponent into space isn't winning a fight, it's avoiding one. Superman doesn't have what it takes to kill Hulk.

kgkg
Originally posted by Mainstream
Yes people are just making shit like that.

Gladiator on the other hand

Has actually moved 100X times light speed

And shattered planets with his fist 

This is a forum and characters use all there abilities that they have shown

Cosmic Cube
He can becaome strong all he wants, he still won't be fast enough to hit him. smile
If Superman plays his cards right, that could be the case. But, Superman isn't notorious for fast reaction time, or dodging punches.

Cosmic Cube

*Push* the moon.

whirlysplat
I n whom the gods would destroy Sif knocked Thor down
Heimdall blindsided him in the same way Marvel blindsided Supes and knocked Thor out for Karnilla.

Lucky punches happen.
Thors not touching Supes if he doesn't want him to. The old Nefaria trick of catching Mjolinirs thong and riding it back might be fun for supessmile

Mainstream
*Push* the moon.

sad55

dvampire
ya hulk can supes can't

lol

In superman #204 he put a huge crater in a near by planet (and he wasn't even tring to destroy it) when he heard GL from the other side of the galaxy. smile

dvampire
sad55

No it was war world. smile

Cosmic Cube
The old Nefaria trick of catching Mjolinirs thong and riding it back might be fun for supessmile

No, it wouldn't.

dvampire
You'd be suprised how long Hulk can hold his breath. A speedblitz might work, depending on Hulk's state of mind. As I said before, throwing your opponent into space isn't winning a fight, it's avoiding one. Superman doesn't have what it takes to kill Hulk.

It works Gladiator tried to do the same thing but he grab him belly to belly (the writers was smokeing). smile

Cosmic Cube
It works Gladiator tried to do the same thing but he grab him belly to belly (the writers was smokeing). smile

Hulk isnt't anywhere near as fast as Superman, but he's extremely fast for a non-speedster. He can run at speeds exceeding 500 miles per hour, and jump at high Mach Speeds, even fast enough to escape Earth's gravity. He fights just as quickly. Even Superman was astounded by his speed. He can't move as fast as Superman, but he could react to some or most of Superman's attacks.

I didn't say Superman couldn't throw Hulk into space. I said that's more like avoiding a fight than winning one.

kgkg
In superman #204 he put a huge crater in a near by planet (and he wasn't even tring to destroy it) when he heard GL from the other side of the galaxy. smile
ohh ya that was a planet LMAO

dvampire
Hulk isnt't anywhere near as fast as Superman, but he's extremely fast for a non-speedster. He can run at speeds exceeding 500 miles per hour, and jump at high Mach Speeds, even fast enough to escape Earth's gravity. He fights just as quickly. Even Superman was astounded by his speed. He can't move as fast as Superman, but he could react to some or most of Superman's attacks.

I didn't say Superman couldn't throw Hulk into space. I said that's more like avoiding a fight than winning one.

Its not avoiding the fight; sense when is there rules in a fight, if Superman is capable of doing that then he can. smile

Cosmic Cube
Its not avoiding the fight; sense when is there rules in a fight, if Superman is capable of doing that then he can. smile

Sure Superman can throw him into space. Or, Superman could just fly away to Jupiter. Both are a means of totally avoiding a fight.

whirlysplat
Supescould also avoid all Thors blows with his far superior speed. big grin

Mainstream

for a while he could

Cosmic Cube

His speed isn't "far superior."

Superman doesn't seem to be very good at dodging blows, either.

whirlysplat
His speed isn't "far superior."

Superman doesn't seem to be very good at dodging blows, either.

Bad writing, Thor is nowhere near supes speed, Quicksilver etc run rings round Thor

Cosmic Cube
Bad writing, Thor is nowhere near supes speed, Quicksilver etc run rings round Thor

Quicksilver runs rings around Thor? When have they fought? Regardless Thor isn't a runner; he fights at superspeed. This isn't a race. We're talking about fighting speed. Superman's footspeed won't help unless he's trying to run away. big grin

How often do you see Superman dodging attacks? I doubt his reflexes are better than Thor's.

Zahit
I'd give this fight to Thor based on the magic of mjolnir and his thousands of years
of experience. Although it is possible for Superman to win too, but he'd have a hard time.

HWFF.

Mainstream
a man who has lived as long as Thor has obtained the universe in his mind. Destroy him and you destroy worlds.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Zahit
I'd give this fight to Thor based on the magic of mjolnir and his thousands of years
of experience. Although it is possible for Superman to win too, but he'd have a hard time.

HWFF.

I agree. Mjolnir would knock the HWFF! out of Superman.

Mainstream
I too agree

Zahit
HAMMER TIME!

Mainstream
HAMMER TIME!

Superman can't touch this

dvampire
Sure Superman can throw him into space. Or, Superman could just fly away to Jupiter. Both are a means of totally avoiding a fight.

Hes not running hes just taking the fight to an easier advantage. Throw the Hulk into space and just have his way with him. smile

Mainstream
Hes not running hes just taking the fight to an easier advantage. Throw the Hulk into space and just have his way with him. smile

throw the hulk into space....okay. *sarcastic reponse*

Cosmic Cube
HAMMER TIME! Originally posted by Mainstream
Superman can't touch this

LMAO! You two are insane.

Supposing that Hulk can't move in space? Hulk can go for days without breathing. Superman may have the advantage in space, but Hulk isn't totally out of the fight.

dvampire

HWFF.

Yeah. But his fighting experience never seem to help when hes fighting the Hulk.

And Superman Took blows from Imperiex a being that destroyed galaxies. Superman and General Zod blows was so devastating that they were causing earthquakes. Hes way more durable then you think. And is as slow as a snail, once Supes speedblitzs him the fight is over. smile

Cosmic Cube
Yeah. But his fighting experience never seem to help when hes fighting the Hulk.

And Superman Took blows from Imperiex a being that destroyed galaxies. Superman and General Zod blows was so devastating that they were causing earthquakes. Hes way more durable then you think. And is as slow as a snail, once Supes speedblitzs him the fight is over. smile

It always helps. It's hard as hell to fight a guy that can become a million times stronger than you are. Thor always holds his own, or wins

Thor fights Surtur, a being that destroyed galaxies. He takes blows from a suit of armor with unlimited strength and takes blows from him. He's way more durable than you think.

A speedblitz won't work. Thor can react, and counter.

Zahit
Any thing from Mjolnir will seriously hurt Superman.
I don't count him out of the fight. He CAN win against Thor.
It's just that Superman has weaknesses.
One is magic. Thor is a god. Mjolnir is powerful magic. That's trouble for Supes.

Every time you see me that Hammer's just so hype
I'm dope on the floor and magic on the mic
Now why would I ever stop doing this
With others makin' records they just dont hit
I toured around the world from London to The Bay
It's Hammer go Hammer Thor's Hammer Yo Hammer
and the rest go and play
Can't touch this!!!

whirlysplat
The Hammer really in the comics never adds much Thor always seems to do as well without. Do you remeber the one with the space phantom where he had Thor seperated from his hammer and trapped in Limbo it was sometime round about Thor 280 first series. I can never really work out what the hammer adds confused most things he throws it at it bounces off. Do you remeber Thor 302 with the maths geek who created constructs that pretty much held Mjolinir. Sorry its just never really impressed me that much. I l am a big Thor fan, he was one of the first comics I started reading but...............

dvampire
It always helps. It's hard as hell to fight a guy that can become a million times stronger than you are. Thor always holds his own, or wins

Thor fights Surtur, a being that destroyed galaxies. He takes blows from a suit of armor with unlimited strength and takes blows from him. He's way more durable than you think.

A speedblitz won't work. Thor can react, and counter.

How could he react to FTL speeds I never seen Thor move that fast against anybody.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>