6 DVDs to Release...THIS FALL

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sting_2003
According to sources for
ComingSoon.Net, we'll be seeing 6 different Star Wars DVD releases on November 1st of this year. It looks like you can buy the final movie separately, buy the prequels together or buy all six films in a complete set. Whether or not this is the "definitive release" of the complete saga is unknown, but we can sure hope for a pile of new extras. Here's the list we were given:

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (Widescreen) 11/1
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (Full Screen) 11/1
Star Wars Episodes I-III (Widescreen) 11/1
Star Wars Episodes I-III (Full Screen) 11/1
Star Wars Episodes I-VI (Widescreen) 11/1
Star Wars Episodes I-VI (Full Screen) 11/1

(Courtesy: TheForce.net)

Ken Kenobi
I doubt the credibility of this.

For sure Episode III will be released in November, maybe the Prequel Boxset.

But I think they will wait a bit on the Saga Boxset

Morning_Glory
why arent they all on widescreen?

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
why arent they all on widescreen?

They are. confused

Read it again, verrrrrrrrrrrry slowly.

Darth_Sidious01
damn i hope this is true

Lazerlike42
how about episodes IV-VI without all the extra garbage.... like that will ever happen sad

palpy_666
TFN also reports this.

ragesRemorse
God dammit, i just got done dishing out $60 for the original star wars box set. Lucas industires has been blinded by greed. Does this make george a sith? I think so.

DeVi| D0do
Wouldn't it make more sense to just release Episode III first... so that people who have bought the prequels seperately and the OT Box set can complete their saga?

And then release a Saga Box Set with different extras... so that people who already have the whole saga will buy it again.

And then release just the OT Box Set with even more extras and deleted scenes.

And then the PT Box Set with more extras. Then release an Ultimate Saga Box Set with even more extras and rocket boosters on the side.

And then release an Ultimate Hyper Super Dooper Mega Most-ridiculously-over-priced Saga Box Set.

And then when the next format comes out do the whole thing again!

WOOOO! HAPPY TIMES ARE AHEAD OF US!

Darth Jello
Lucas already said, no saga release until HD/Blu Ray, so not until at least 2007

Darth Jello
if this news is true though, I think that as part of the special edition, they should add a scene to episode III where baron papanoida is killing jedi on an alien world made entirely of money.

tlbauerle
What the crap...

I just hope the special features in the Prequel Box is the same in the Saga box...

Damn...

HOWEVER...

Maybe there will be some corrections on the OT, we can always hope for that. Fix the audio and sabers...I'll buy that a second time.

kremzike
I'm feeling that this prequel box set this fall could simply be the two DVDs we already have of I and II plus the new DVD of III. I don't think it's gonna be like the OT set we got last year. The only thing that makes me doubt my own theory is that it might cost a bundle if they include both discs that came with I and II as well as 2 discs for III. But perhaps they won't include those extra discs for I and II. Or maybe they'll make a box to match the OT box. 4 discs, with the last disc maybe being the extra features for III alone, or maybe with a few of the I & II extras.

Whatever the case, I don't think the DVDs of IV, V and VI will be any different than the ones we got last September. if they actually do go and box the PT up to match the OT or even package them all in one box already, the content will probably be the same. Damn, my head hurts because i'm thinking about something I have absolutely no knowledge of! None of us know for sure, and the more I think, the more options I come up with! Let's come back here in November & see if any of us were right.

Mist
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Wouldn't it make more sense to just release Episode III first... so that people who have bought the prequels seperately and the OT Box set can complete their saga?

And then release a Saga Box Set with different extras... so that people who already have the whole saga will buy it again.

And then release just the OT Box Set with even more extras and deleted scenes.

And then the PT Box Set with more extras. Then release an Ultimate Saga Box Set with even more extras and rocket boosters on the side.

And then release an Ultimate Hyper Super Dooper Mega Most-ridiculously-over-priced Saga Box Set.

And then when the next format comes out do the whole thing again!

WOOOO! HAPPY TIMES ARE AHEAD OF US!

laughinglaughinglaughing

damn you dodo laughing

gotta catch em all! eek!

The Ones
i checked coming soon.net but that story isnt there. could they have taken it down because it was fake (like with the spider-man villains)

JediStang
AHHHH NO VHS! I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT MY VHS!!! mad mad mad

just kidding. laughing laughing

But that sounds cool. Hopefully, they will all come out and you will be able to get all the bonus material without buying the I-VI set. But I will definately buy the I-III on widescreen DVD, because I have I and II on Fullscreen and they suck. sad

JediStang
I just had a revelation, there will be 10 disks:

Episode I DVD
Episode I DVD Bonus

Episode II DVD
Episode II DVD Bonus

Episode III DVD
Episode III DVD Bonus

Episode IV

Episode V

Episode VI

OT Bonus (the one in the OT DVD box)

Plus 10 is a good round number, and it will come in a nice box. So yeah like I said I am going to buy the Prequel DVD's again.

atila the great
unless the PT has some new stuff i won't buy them, just episode 3 alone

Delta 62
I'd be full of BS if I said I wouldn't buy every single DVD release..

I heard somewhere about a totally new bonus disc for the OT with the Saga box. One filled with OT deleted scenes.

Unfortunately it probably won't be until 2007..that and the TV series will be what Celebration IV is based on.

That's exactly what I was thinking..all these other changes have been made..but the most basic ones have not. The saber blades and blaster shots need to be redone..as well as having JEJ re-record the lines for EpIV. He sounds totally different in this film than in all the rest. Voice isn't as deep or something..

Lazerlike42
make han shoot first....

ShadowKing
I'm waiting for the 3D versions of all six...

think about it...light saber battles in Matrix bullet-time with full rotation around the characters!

yeah...it would probably suck...

imarebel
argh... i just want to know when this thing is coming out... (impatient)
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/smilies/cartoon/mad.gif
mad
i dont know why people are buying the OT set and all the DVDs of I II and III when they can just buy the whole thing.... it sucks that theyre releasing them all multiple times so it just eats up your $$$...

ah well... i look forward to it...http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/smilies/cartoon/biggrin.gif
big grin

Ogami Itto
eer

imarebel
stupid smilies What the f**k?

leowyatt
i knew episode III was comming to dvd in the fall i posted it here
some where

FF7 Freak
Anyone Know When Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Is Coming Out?????

FF7 Freak
I have Seen Star Wars 3

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by FF7 Freak

Please take your discussions about FF to the appropriate forum.

Red Superfly
Originally posted by FF7 Freak

laughing

The Ones
why is that funny.

cad
thats cool cant wait intill it comes out.

Ani's Girl
If Lucas were REALLY smart (and wanted to keep people happy), he would eventually release one set of the whole saga, completely unchanged (aside from being digitally remastered) from the theatrical releases and a second with all of the deleted scenes, edits, changes, etc. That way those that didn't like the changes to the OT could be happy with one and those that prefer to see everything else could be happy too.

DeVi| D0do
I don't think the original prints even exist anymore do they?

It wont happen anyway...

vader519
They are not going to release the original versions of the OT ever again. That is why in 95 when they released the original version on VHS, they said that was the last time to ever own the orginial versions. Personally, I love all the changed, and I have no problem with them. If people do not like the changes, they are going to have to live w

sasa
Hey its official i think, Episode 3 DVD will be release on November 8 ~!

http://theforce.net/topstory/story/Revenge_of_the_Sith_DVD_November_8th_93595.asp

USA Today is reporting on summer movies heading home more quickly than ever. In it is a mention of when Star Wars is expected to land:

"The progression from a summer theatrical release to a holiday video release is a well-worn path," says industry analyst Tom Adams, president of Adams Media Research. "Even late-summer releases will be out in time for the holidays."

The year's No. 1 movie so far, Star Wars, Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, is expected to arrive in stores Nov. 8. That was the same week that top sellers Shrek 2 and Finding Nemo came out in previous years.

Other movies that will be released for holiday sales, although no dates have been announced, include The Longest Yard, The Amityville Horror and Cinderella Man.

Also likely to be released in the fourth quarter of this year: War of the Worlds, Madagascar, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Fantastic Four, Bewitched, Kingdom of Heaven, The Interpreter and Batman Begins.

vader519
Well they say it is expected to land in stores Nov 8th, so it is not fully confirmed yet. They are just guessing. IT would be cool if it does come out Nov 8th though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.