Did Anakin seem that powerful?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

king_arthur
I expected him to seem much more powerful in ROTS. I mean, the way he said to Dooku that he was twice a powerful, I expected him to absorb lightning or affect objects when he walked past them..

He just seemed to come across pretty ordinary really compared to Yoda or Sidious.

Don't get me wrong he seemed good with his saber and everything, but I just expected to see someone that made the others not even comparable.

It would have been good if he had such an advantage with the force that during the purge in the temple we could have seen him flung multiple jedi against walls at the same time and stop blaster shots with his hands like he does in ESB.

What does everyone think?

NoFate007
What I think they could've benefited from is to show him use something in the Force that nobody has seen before. My favorite idea for this would've been for him to be in the space battle and lift his hand up, and watch as an enemy ship collapses on itself.

DenKi
Yeha like Yoda did in The Clone Wars cartoon, yes yes yes, I know its EU

PVS
wasnt it clear that he was all powerful when he made a total b!tch out of dooku? or even in the way vader managed to cause what seemed to be a force-earthquake when he found out padme was dead? (an awsome scene immediately killed by "NOOOoOOOoooOOoo!!!!!" )

Hybris
by the way, they couldn't make Vader do things in EIII that he couldn't do later on in A new hope, ESB, ROTJ...

Falacerjedi
Originally posted by PVS
wasnt it clear that he was all powerful when he made a total b!tch out of dooku? or even in the way vader managed to cause what seemed to be a force-earthquake when he found out padme was dead? (an awsome scene immediately killed by "NOOOoOOOoooOOoo!!!!!" )

I agree they should have left out that "NOOOoOOOoooOOoo!!!!!" and put anything else in their - even a moment of silence with just a shot of a facial expression of Sidious would have been perfect. that scene didn't need a follow up after the Force Earthquake thing.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Hybris
by the way, they couldn't make Vader do things in EIII that he couldn't do later on in A new hope, ESB, ROTJ...

this is the best explanation i could come up with as well. If it's done in ROTS but not in the following movies, it'll create inconsistency.

~wickerman~

Tulak Hord
Maybe not, since he did lose 3 limbs fighting Obi-Wan, and lost massive amounts of Midi-Chlorians. If he was still the same, he would've pwned Luke in a heartbeat.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Tulak Hord
Maybe not, since he did lose 3 limbs fighting Obi-Wan, and lost massive amounts of Midi-Chlorians. If he was still the same, he would've pwned Luke in a heartbeat.

i was ready to refute your argument about the missing arms/legs and how that doesn't matter, but then you used logic against me in saying he also lost midi-chlorians due to that and now i have to hate you for thinking that one up sad

ps:

Fekkin awesome thumb up laughing

~wickerman~

Tulak Hord
Come to the Dark Side and you too will have logic. That's why all light-siders are idiots.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Tulak Hord
Come to the Dark Side and you too will have logic. That's why all light-siders are idiots.

ur just stoopid coz u like sith. sith are g@y hahahahahahaha

liteside rullz luke pwnz azz

aah...feel so much better now

~wickerman~

Darth_Otaku
Ah jij rukridder.Sorry.Prepare to feel the wrath of Darth Otaku the greatest Sith of them all.

sultan kudarat
he's definitely more powerful tha he was in EP2. he was more like a whiny man-child in AOTC. he was still a whiny man-child in ROTS but with more muscle mass and better light saber skills.

Dark hoser
i think anakin was kinda more powerful but he did have some flaws lol

Swanky-Tuna
He was a textbook "gothy emo" kid. Which is why I found is especially great that he was bested by the straight arrow.

Vanquish
I think it was portrayed properly actually. Anakin, ISN'T the strongest Jedi, and he's even weaker as Vader in the suit. I think what the movie was supposed to portray is someone with tremendous POTENTIAL, and someone who ultimately loses power because he falls to the dark side.

Anakin should have become the strongest Jedi ever, but he didn't. They show him being the youngest council member ever, which is a great feat for him considering his lack of training. They show him owning Dooku which again, shows his power. But ultimately he loses to a Jedi that is probably less powerful, but far more wise and in control.

The movie showed exactly what I have thought about him all along. A kid with a lot of potential, that never realizes it because he doesn't complete his training as a Jedi.

koolruningz
Originally posted by Vanquish
I think it was portrayed properly actually. Anakin, ISN'T the strongest Jedi, and he's even weaker as Vader in the suit. I think what the movie was supposed to portray is someone with tremendous POTENTIAL, and someone who ultimately loses power because he falls to the dark side.

Anakin should have become the strongest Jedi ever, but he didn't. They show him being the youngest council member ever, which is a great feat for him considering his lack of training. They show him owning Dooku which again, shows his power. But ultimately he loses to a Jedi that is probably less powerful, but far more wise and in control.

The movie showed exactly what I have thought about him all along. A kid with a lot of potential, that never realizes it because he doesn't complete his training as a Jedi.

Really well said. The last 3 lines could have been applied to Luke as well if he hadn't gotten bailed out by Leia on cloud city. I think Lucas tried to parallel Anakin's and Luke's journey's on many occasions.

Darth Vegas
Originally posted by Vanquish

Quoted for truth.

Smodden
Yes

matreid
Anakin's power was slightly over hyped in imo. He was still pretty good though.

ShotgunWes
Anakin was the strongest jedi ever he said so himself in the movie "I'm more powerful than Palpatine now. I can overthrow him." He says this when talking to Padme on Muustafar. Also in the book Mace Windu says that Anakin is arguably the strongest jedi ever and still getting stronger. Anakin owned, except for that whole getting cut to pieces by Obi part. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Vanquish
And yet another person who actually believes all the cocky bullshit that comes out of Anakins mouth. Just because he CLAIMS to be the strongest, doesn't mean he is. Anakin thinks he is way stronger then he actually is. He gets owned all the time after talking shit, I thought that was made abundantly clear to you by now. Maybe go read back a few posts and see all the times that Anakin has CLAIMED to be stronger, only to get his ass kicked.

Palps would have kicked the living shit out of Anakin if they fought. I would have loved to see that actually.

Anakin: "Why join you, my powers are even greater then yours. I will destroy you, and rule the galaxy with my hot little wifey"

Palps: "have you lost your mother ****ing mind Anakin? What are you smoking to think you can beat me"

Anakin: "Your powers are weak old man"

Palps: "PSH... " (palps blasts Anakin with force lightning, and after using all his strength just to stop from being fried, Palps casually walks over to anakin and cracks his skull with the but end of his saber, and then cuts off both hands and feet and leaves the whinny little chosen one pussy there to bleed out.)

Anakin: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I thought I was stronger"

Palps: "Think again B1tch... Peace"

koolruningz
^ Impressive..........most impressive.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.