is it only me who finds r2d2 being ejected from anakins ship, stupid?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Master of B.S
i think its ridiculous, what if he didnt land on his feet and got broken? true he could be fixed but why take that risk?

g0h4n
I find it more weird than stupid...

peluffo
Have you seen the bump against the wall he hit a little later on the movie? Or the smash on the floor in Dagobah, when he is spitted out of the swamp slug?

Clearly, an astromech droid (or maybe an "special customized" like r2 seems to be) is more stroger than you think.

BTW, i think that r2 uses his little rocket-things to landing smoothly.

PVS
i just think artoo moved far to quickly to be consistant with the rest of the saga. i mean, it doesnt look stupid...in fact i kinda like it even more... but in the OT he moved much slower, especially when walking on two legs. its like he was jacked up on speed. oh well

HAROLD
WHO CARES?

PVS
Originally posted by HAROLD
WHO CARES?

foolish huh? but who is the greater fool?
the one who cares and takes the time to post...
or the one who doesnt and takes the time to post?

darthmaul1
Originally posted by HAROLD
WHO CARES?

I agree, who gives a rats ass, just watch the movie and enjoy it.
next thing you'll say will be how come a star destroyer can sense life signs on an escapepod but on the death star they can not tell if anyone is on board the falcon and need a special scanning crew to check it out.

PVS
Originally posted by darthmaul1
I agree, who gives a rats ass, just watch the movie and enjoy it.
next thing you'll say will be how come a star destroyer can sense life signs on an escapepod but on the death star they can not tell if anyone is on board the falcon and need a special scanning crew to check it out.

ben was using the force to mask their presence.

Red Superfly
Well, I'm more concerned with the fact it seemed so casual.

The astromechs seem to pop in and out of the ships like nobodies business.

Yet, when it comes to getting into an X-Wing, they need special cranes and a couple of attendants to get in.

Also, how exactly do they FIT?

Look at the Naboo Starfighter. How does that work exactly - doe R2's head telescope up? How come he seems to shrink when he enters a Jedi Starfighter?

It's really anal, but it is something I have been wonderring. So far only the X-Wing and Y-Wing make any sense.

Swanky-Tuna
I thought it was very Fonzy or Dukes of Hazzard of R2 to jump out like that.

Red Superfly
Ayyyyyyyyyyyeeee

thumb up

koolruningz
The only thing that bothered me about R2 was the rocket boosters. Why fall off Jabbas sail barge if you can just fly across?

Jedi Styles
the whole R2 Thing was fine... For me I was against on the movement of the Protocol Droids. If you noticed, the whole crotch area was not metal, an the area was more painted on then a real metal cod peice... or whtaever it is... The protocol droids moved way more flulidly then they did in the OT.

koolruningz
At least they didnt fly. wink

DeVi| D0do
I thought it was stupid. And it looked so fake.

peluffo
Well, it happens 20 years later, and we can say, 20 years with a civil war on the way. Maybe during this war, the technology just stopped and in the OT we see old machines, fixed one way or another, and ships that are a pile of junk instead brand new shinny silver naboo-ian vessels

On TPM Incredible cross sections it's showed how the astromechs units blend with naboo fighters. His "head" goes up and a lot of little arms get connected to the ship (or something like that, you get the idea)
Sadly, i havent a pic to show you sad

Darth_Rankkor
A war never makes tech stop. At least war technology

SW3HP4IJ4
Originally posted by PVS
i just think artoo moved far to quickly to be consistant with the rest of the saga. i mean, it doesnt look stupid...in fact i kinda like it even more... but in the OT he moved much slower, especially when walking on two legs. its like he was jacked up on speed. oh well

I don't think so. He can move fast if he wants to.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.