Bring Balance to the Force; Don't leave it in Darkness

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Styles
So many Jedi, Only 1 sith Master and 1 apprentice at any 1 given time. Does this mean that Anakin did fulfill the prophecy and bring balance back by turning to the Dark Side...

I mean for every good, there is an evil right... It's very much the ying and yang philosophy.

Your thoughts?

Did Anakin bring balance to the force by turning or by killing the emperor in RotJ?

ctsketch
killing the emperor in ROTJ

Ast Rofan
There is a chance, but it is 97% certain it was killing Palpatine.

Jedi Styles
But what is this supposed balance in the force though? which is what I am not getting....

For every good there is evil
for every fat guy there is a skinny one
for every old, there is a young...

So for every Jedi, there is no Sith? How's that a balance? I guess I don't understand where this balance is supposed to be in play.

DarthLazious
He did when he killed Darth Sidious in ROTJ.

Robin Darkside
the whole bring balance to the force doesn;t make sense

Vanquish
Well, many people (i'm one of them) believe that "balance" in this Star wars sense, doesn't actually mean the dictionary definition of balance. In this imaginary world of Star wars, I believe Lucas used the term balance to actually refer to the destruction of evil.

So I guess if you think that balance to the force does actually mean one bad for every good, then yes, Anakin resores balance by turning to the dark side and killing all but Yoda and Obi wan. 2 Jedi, 2 Sith, and there is literal balance.

But if you are like me, you believe that balance to the force came when Anakin finally killed the Emperor and turned back to the light, which destroyed the last of the Sith, and brought balance to the force because everyone is now a "positive" light side force user. No abusers anymore (dark side) meaning balance.

Take it how you will smile

Robin Darkside
balance == destruction of evil
now that makes sense
quite possible

Jedi Styles
Ummm... I can see that, but still. If Lucas based the Jedi on the Samurai in Feudal Japan, then he must of known that they believed in the Ying and Yang theory/ philosphy. I'm trying not to guess here, I'm trying to strike logical sense from what has beens mentioned by the "Phrophecy" and general marital arts philosophy as I know it (being a Martial Artists and Instrutor)....

In respect to the destruction of evil, that can make sense. No more Dark Side, and there is now just light...

For me, I think the balance cam when Anakin turned. So therefore there was 1 Sith Master, 1 Sith Apprentice, 1 Jedi Master and 1 Jedi. I will take your explantion though, logical it is not, reasonable it maybe... Hmmm, yes... lol

Vanquish
Because really, if the prophecy was actually intended to mean that there will be an equal number of Jedi's and Sith's, and this is general knowledge that it means that, then how come the Jedi's don't dispose of him when they find him?

There are thousands and thousands of Jedi's at the time they find the so called chosen one but they know there are only 2 siths, only 1 of which they know at the time..

So if it means an equal number of both sides, then why doesn't the Jedi council do the math? Shit, 10,000 of us, 2 of the dark side. If we train the boy, there will only be 2 of us left.

...Yoda looks around the room... confident that he will be one of the last two... his head tilts and ears rise up with a half smile and a classic yoda Mmmm...

Darth Bong
I dont think that balance meant one Jedi for every one Sith. The Sith are like an anomaly, they arent supposed to be there because the true nature of the Force is using it for good. So destroying the Sith would bring the balance back how it was meant to be. smokin'

Jedi Styles
Okay.. Darth Bong, that makes logical sense then... Saying that they are not supposed to be around makes more sense then just saying, oh if we kill off the Sith then there is a balance... I needed to know why there is to be a balance when clearly when the Sith and Jedi are in existence then there is a balance of the good and evil... But since Sith are anomolous and thier demise would bring balance, then that sounds logical...

From one stoner to another, pass dat shit... LOL

matreid
Killing the emperor. There is balance when the sith are extinct.

b-dan
by killing the emperor ya twit

Darth Jello
the Sith are the imbalance, the dark side is unnatural because it's imposing your will on the force when the light side is guided by the force. therefore, no sith, no imbalance.

jabbar
The Jedi equate "balance" to "peace", which only exists when there are no Sith. However, Yoda did admit, albeit unclearly: "Misread, the prophecy may have been" (or something like that). Yoda could have admitted a misinterpretation of the phrophesy.

On the other hand, Lucas states that "Vader ultimately brings balance in ROTJ" (or words to that effect), so it is confusing - Yoda hints that Anakin's role may have been misinterpreted by the Jedi, and Lucas confirms that the Jedi's intreprettaion was correct.............

Wickerman
Yes, as many have said, what Lucas meant by "balance" wasn't 1 sith for 1 jedi, it was no sith at all, seeing as how their art was a perversion of the force.
When people say "no no no, Anakin brought balance by killing all the jedi" that's nonsense because for one thing Lucas made it clear that's not the case, and for another thing, there weren't just 2 sith/2 jedi, there was an entire galaxy controlled by millions of clone/storm troopers led by a sith.

~wickerman~

DenKi
Jedi and No Sith at all, that doesnt seem a Balance to me..

Wickerman
Originally posted by DenKi
Jedi and No Sith at all, that doesnt seem a Balance to me..

you should really re-read what's already been said.

~wickerman~

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.