Kyle Katarn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ChaoticReign
Just how powerful is kyle? Where does he stand in the new jedi order in abilities. I'm trying to settle an arguement. How does he compare to some of the more famous jedi like obi, mace, etc. And where does he stand in comparison to corran horn? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Darth Ridah
Kyle Katarn is a chump & not fit to hold Obi's lightsaber

DarthMandalore
is it just me, or does it seem like every single jedi the NJO has as much power as yoda and mace combined? i mean, way too few weaker jedi!

jaden101
i like katarn...he's got an attitude that doesn't fit with the snotty jedi traditions...i think his flirtations with the darkside made him pretty powerful as well

he has defeated jerec, tavion and desann...i'd say he's pretty powerful

Emperor Revan
Originally posted by DarthMandalore
is it just me, or does it seem like every single jedi the NJO has as much power as yoda and mace combined? i mean, way too few weaker jedi!

I don't think so. The only really powerful one Imo is NJO Luke. The others I doubt could compare to Mace or Yoda. As for Kyle, most people agree he's about at Darth Maul's level.

TraptUnderIce
Kyp Durron was pretty powerful when he was controlled by Exar but other than that I think they're all pretty balanced except for the son of the Chosen One.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Emperor Revan
I don't think so. The only really powerful one Imo is NJO Luke. The others I doubt could compare to Mace or Yoda. As for Kyle, most people agree he's about at Darth Maul's level.

I think Kyle is more powerful than Maul... I mean, just compare there accomplishments.

wink

Naga Sadow
Nah, kyle is a pussy...besides, dessan knows shit bout dark side...tavion is his apprentice = she knows shit as well. and i have no idea who the **** jerec was...

TraptUnderIce
Jerec was the evil doer in the first comic. He was a loser.

LordSorgo
Originally posted by jaden101
i like katarn...he's got an attitude that doesn't fit with the snotty jedi traditions...i think his flirtations with the darkside made him pretty powerful as well

he has defeated jerec, tavion and desann...i'd say he's pretty powerful

I believe Jaden defeated Tavion.

But anyways, I think Kyle is a pretty accomplished Jedi. He has done alot for the order and has stopped a couple of dark lords that provided big enough threats, although i think Jaden could kick Kyles ass.

And why does Kyle have a real name? Aren't Star wars names supposed to be different? Luke too.

Jeez!

darth-yoda
i like kyle no way jadan could kick his ass

Darth Mantis
Originally posted by LordSorgo

But anyways, I think Kyle is a pretty accomplished Jedi. He has done alot for the order and has stopped a couple of dark lords that provided big enough threats, although i think Jaden could kick Kyles ass.

And why does Kyle have a real name? Aren't Star wars names supposed to be different? Luke too.

Jeez! Not only that... Jaden beat Tavion and she had the help of Marka Ragnos's ghost... That must count for something...

LordSorgo
Originally posted by Darth Mantis
Not only that... Jaden beat Tavion and she had the help of Marka Ragnos's ghost... That must count for something...

Who cares. Jaden and Kyle can suck it.

darth-yoda
yeah the defeat of a ghost of a powerfull sith lord and a dark jedi must be a feat not many jedi can acomplish

Swanky-Tuna

Jeez!
I suppose in a universe of Dookus and Maces, a name like Kyle and Luke are pretty different.

DarthMandalore
Mace is named after a weapon... maul is a verb... tyrannus is a form of "tyrant" sidious is probably a form of "insidious" Revan might be "Raven" only w/ the letters mixed around..

darth-yoda
yeah but were did obi wan qui gon vader and yoda come from

LordSorgo
Vader is "Father" in swedish (hint hint)

The rest who cares.

DarthMandalore
Evil Lord Father? thats an odd name for a sith...

yoda might be "YO! DUH!!" only slurred...
and there was this test you can take to find out what your name in sw would be, so ob1's is a bi product of someone's test.

jaden101

katarn did also...but left her alive after she pleaded for mercy in jedi outcast

Naga Sadow
ye, ye, the point is, that those dark lords couldnt pose a threat...they werent even lords, they were lord wannabes. who trained them in the dark side knowledge? nobody. THEY SUCK ASS.defeating them isnt really that honorable.

TraptUnderIce
Originally posted by Naga Sadow
ye, ye, the point is, that those dark lords couldnt pose a threat...they werent even lords, they were lord wannabes. who trained them in the dark side knowledge? nobody. THEY SUCK ASS.defeating them isnt really that honorable. Quoted for Truthery.

Fishy
ye, ye, the point is, that those dark lords couldnt pose a threat...they werent even lords, they were lord wannabes. who trained them in the dark side knowledge? nobody. THEY SUCK ASS.defeating them isnt really that honorable.

I agree, who or what were those guys... Nothing special or amazing

Draykid
Welp...

Kyle Katarn trained the dude who killed a ghost of one of the most powerfull Sith Lords ever. Not to mention he killed many Reborn.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Draykid
Not to mention he killed many Reborn.
Yeah, he killed a ton of those guys.

Draykid
LMAO!

That's frickin' crazy. Also, he killed a ton of storm troopers, too. And those dark troopers er whatever they're called.

OB1-KeNinja
I would say Katarn is considerable powerful. He could easily take on like five of those sith lord posers. Plus, he also mastered quite a few powerful force powers like sith lightning and force choke.

Draykid
He's stronger then alot of Jedi. But, he's no match for many other, like Mace Windu, or Yoda, or Luke.

SnakeEyes
Some people are really underestimating Kyle when they say that he is at about the same level as Maul. I mean, with saber skills, Maul was pretty damn good, but overall, he wasn't that special. Kyle defeated over 5 Sith lords (Jerec, Desann, Tavion, Gork, Pik, Bok... those are the ones that come to mind), tons of reborn, tons of stormtroopers/darktroopers/swamptroopers etc, was trained by Luke Skywalker, and has mastered both light and dark sides of the Force. He could give the best Jedi a run for their money, even if he wouldn't necessarily win.

Draykid
Damn straight.

TraptUnderIce
How were those people Sith Lords? Who trained them?

Draykid
Who knows?

And, maybe they learned from ancient Sith artifacts and such?

Emperor Revan
Nah, kyle is a pussy...besides, dessan knows shit bout dark side...tavion is his apprentice = she knows shit as well. and i have no idea who the **** jerec was...

Desann was trained by Luke, and he had been through the valley of the Jedi. As for Jerec, the new essential guide to characters says he was almost a Sith lord but Vader already held that title, plus he was also through the Valley of the Jedi.

And Snakeyes: Those guys aren't Sith lords, they're weaker. They're called Dark Jedi for a reason except Jerec was close to a Sith lord.

Bishop X
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Yeah, he killed a ton of those guys.

My God...does he really have to fight all of them in the actual game???

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Bishop X
My God...does he really have to fight all of them in the actual game???
No, I cheat coded it and rigged it so I couldn't die. I can't imagine taking them all without cheats. You get force choked like every 10 seconds and there's so many lightsabers flying around that they actually killed themselves faster than I could at first.

jaden101
a question about kyle katarn...when you go to the SW databank the entry for him has a pic with it...

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/kylekatarn/img/eu_sm.jpg

who is the guy playing him and what is the pic taken from that has a real person playing him

LordSorgo
katarn did also...but left her alive after she pleaded for mercy in jedi outcast

I know that, but Jaden still "Defeated" her.

Bishop X
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
No, I cheat coded it and rigged it so I couldn't die. I can't imagine taking them all without cheats. You get force choked like every 10 seconds and there's so many lightsabers flying around that they actually killed themselves faster than I could at first.

Where can I find the cheats Swanky?

Ogami Itto
a question about kyle katarn...when you go to the SW databank the entry for him has a pic with it...

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/kylekatarn/img/eu_sm.jpg

who is the guy playing him and what is the pic taken from that has a real person playing him

In "Darkforces 2:Jedi Knight" game on the pc the cutscenes were live action.i do believe that is a sshot from that

jaden101
cheers....havent played it...might try and get it on the cheap sometime soon..

Ogami Itto
it's pants by jedi outcast/academy standards but should be pretty cheap it's ancient!

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Emperor Revan
And Snakeyes: Those guys aren't Sith lords, they're weaker. They're called Dark Jedi for a reason except Jerec was close to a Sith lord.

Fine! Ignore all of the excellent points I made and pick out the one error. Yes, they were Dark Jedi. There, I corrected myself.

Emperor Revan
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Fine! Ignore all of the excellent points I made and pick out the one error. Yes, they were Dark Jedi. There, I corrected myself.

lol, ok. roll eyes (sarcastic)

SnakeEyes
My point still is that he was far superior to Maul...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.