Foxhound vs. X-men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Avalonofthewind
Ocelot
Sniper Wolf
Psycho Mantis
Vulcan Raven
Liquid Snake
*Cyborg Ninja

***We never saw what Decoy octopus was capable of, so I replaced him with the Ninja.***

Vs.

Cyclops
Jean Grey *Not Phoenix*
Beast
Wolverine
Angel
Storm

Same story as my other thread, the government decides the X-men are too dangerous and sends Foxhound Including the Ninja after the xmen

Cosmic Cube
Any info on Foxhund?

Avalonofthewind
I'm sure you could Google some Metal Gear Solid sites.
This is one of those things where playing the game and witnessing it's storyline in person would give you a deep understanding of the characters.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
I'm sure you could Google some Metal Gear Solid sites.
This is one of those things where playing the game and witnessing it's storyline in person would give you a deep understanding of the characters.

Then I can't comment.

GalacticStorm
The Xmen win this. With Jean there Psycho Mantis is redundant. The rest of the opposition arent nothing Storm and the rest cant handle

Nataku8188
Psycho couldn't shake my busted ass controller, Jean Grey is going to pound his ass into nothing. Storm will fry most of them in a few seconds, and none of them could completely put down Logan. With Angel in there, the X-men have a healer, and Cyclops could knock any of them around.

Grey Fox is the only one I really think would be difficult, if his suit protects him from JG, then he could do some damage, but I'm pretty sure he's gonna get his ass kicked too.

grey fox
If jean tries to enter ninja's mind she is in for a world of hurt.....his mind is so ****ed up it's unbelivable

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by grey fox
If jean tries to enter ninja's mind she is in for a world of hurt.....his mind is so ****ed up it's unbelivable

Telekinesis. Even before the PF, Jeannie was Omega level.

FieryBalrog
intricacies of the Phoenix aside, Jean is an omega level telekinetic/telepath and more than capable of taking on anyone on that team....

Avalonofthewind
Psycho does have that mask that is similar in function to mags helmet. Keeps others thoughts out, but lets him do his dirty work. His powers are similar to Jeans with the addition of mind control (he is an expert at it)

Raven also has that weird shaman magic thing going also where those mystical ravens touch you and paralyze you.

Cyborg ninja has stealth, invisibility, and what appears to be class 100 strength, and above human speed.

Ocelot has perfect aim, even being able to hit targets perfect from wall ricochets.

Sniper wolf... not too much special about her that would help against the x men.

Liquid, seems to be batman + geese howard combined. He should have all of Snakes abilities.

Not a bad ensemble for a bunch of non mutants.

Cosmic Cube
Jean is powerful enough to resist any form of mind control. Telekinesis doesn't affect the mind.

Cyclops aim and trigonomiic senses are nigh infallable.

Wolverine fights class 100 occasionally without taking to much damage.

Storm will fry most of them at the beginning of the fight.

Can't say much for the rest.

mr.smiley
I love Metal Gear!
Most people know this though,just look at my wolverine vs solid snake thread!
However,Foxhound will go down fairly fast against this roster of xmen.
Fox hound goes down in about 5 minutes max.

Cosmic Flame
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Jean is powerful enough to resist any form of mind control. Telekinesis doesn't affect the mind.

Not to mention the fact that she has gotten through Mags helmet before.

Avalonofthewind
I doubt Mantis would try to go for Jean... as a military man, he would probably go for cyclops and wolverine and turn them against their own team mates. He would know they are linked and she cares for them and use that to his advantage.

Going for Jean directly for would be suicide for FH.

Storm vs Raven could go either way. She cant avoid his wraith ravens forever. Once she is caught, it would be over. Storm is powerful, but it usually takes her time.

There are a lot of possibilities here due to the amount of characters, but its a decent battle.

leonheartmm
ok ok, ill put in some real info on foxhound, but i must tell u that AGAIN, the only reason xmen win is because of jean grey,
ill start with the weak,
ocelot has perfect aim and a very good manipulative battle sense, among pretty good hand to hand combat{nothin cyclpos or wolvernie couldnt handle} he goes down easy
sniper wolf is a human who has perfect aim and patience, along with a modified PSG1 sniper rifle, depending on the scenario she could do damage to cycops, angel storm and beast, she might even kill cycops, and storm{if she catches her offguard but i doubt thas happpening}, and could kill angel definately with a head shot{his healing factor doesnt realy rival wolvied so he cant just repair his brain}, but soon wolverine will find her and slice her in half.
now vulcan raven is a bad son of a *****, wolverine cant really get to him with the wrath of that thirty caliber machine gun, and cycops or angel dont stand a chance, remember also that he can paralyze his victims with mystic force , so wolverine, angel and beast are gone just like that, {he might hae a little problem with beast, but that gun, his strength and his supernatural powers are too much for beast to take}, beast will duke it out with storm for a while , either one can kill each other but physically storm is only human and cant really stop thirty caliber bullets, and doesnt have protection against mystical forces
PSYCHO MANTIC, on the other hand is on a whole different level, a lot of people dont know this but he was the one who was telepathically controlling the minds of all the genome soldiers on shadowmosses, he has illusion castind, astral projecting capabilities too, and in his history, we find out that when his dormant psionic power surface as a child, he accidently destroyed his entire city, he alone could take care of anyone other than jean, he might even prove to be a worthy opponent to jean grey if he loses control{when jean isnt the phwonix}
the cyborg ninga again is on a completely different level, he has class 100 strength{much more actually} about the same durabilty as colossus, more agility than even venom or carnage or sidey, and is only a step below snake in hand to hand combat, can see in the dark due to thermal vision, and is the greatesr soldier{even in his human form} to have lived after snake and liquid, add his ultra strong sword and stealth camouflage to the mix and u got sum1 that can kill every1 other than jean,
LIQUID SNAKE! now this guy is just about the same as solid snake, has an iq of 180{the human max} and is the perfect soldiergenetically and physically, along with psychologically, hes about the same league in martial arts and battle tactics as snake, and is so used to hot or cold temperatures that he goes without even a shirt for hours in temperatures below minus fifty, hes not superhuman but can more than easily handle, wolverine, archangel, cycops and even beast, its his perfection that stands out, remember what a superhuman like volgin said to snake ashe died "i am going back to mother earth, but u and the boss{referring to liquid}, ur from another world, a world that i do not wish to know}, raven was actually afraid of them, and liquid's gentic destiny and heritage doesnt let him die easily,{hel his gentic code is so strong and dominating that it created HIM out of ocelot, just by his arm}

leonheartmm
no mantis would go for jean, hes not really a military manl, he only lives to kill as many people as he could, out of hate, he cant even see or hear ashis eyes were taken out n his eyelis sewn shut and his ears destroyed too by the government to that he could CONCENTRATE more on his psychic powers, he sees the world around himself only through his powers, and his mask keeps his mind shut from other's thoughts.

GalacticStorm
"His powers are similar to Jeans with the addition of mind control (he is an expert at it)"

Going by in game feats Psycho mantis' psionic powers are no comparison to jeans whatsoever. An expert at mind control in comparison to jean? I love metal gear as well but thats ridiculous. She is an omega level telepath whose ultimate psychic potential is to tap into the primal force of creation. Psycho mantis has never displayed anything to show him to be nothing more than a low level telepath. His powers would be very effective against humans, the untrained and those who have less powerful psychic powers but jean would laugh at him.

"Cyborg ninja has stealth, invisibility, and what appears to be class 100 strength, and above human speed."

Nah he doesnt have class 100 strength. None of his feats from within game suggest he's any stronger than current beast. He may have invisibility but storm sees the world around her as energy patterns he would still be detectable. His machinerys operations could be taken out via an EMP wave. Also Wolverine or Beast could smell/hear him and jean would know exactly where he is. The xmen are trained to resist telelpaths and mind control. That is why they are only ever taken out by powerful telepaths. Psycho Mantis is far from that category. Jean would deal with him and protect the xmen from his manipulations, although if they could probably resist them without too much trouble themselves. Dont attack me for saying that metal gear fans if you actually read xmen comics regularly you'll know that to be the case.

"Ocelot has perfect aim, even being able to hit targets perfect from wall ricochets."

TK shields will render that ability redundant. The others would be protected by jean. Bullets wont do squat to wolverine also. This team dont have adamantium i their world and even if they did wolverine has on a number of occassions taken a barrage of adamantium bullets and still kept going.

"Sniper wolf... not too much special about her that would help against the x men."

additional cannon fodder in other words

"Liquid, seems to be batman + geese howard combined. He should have all of Snakes abilities."

Street level class character. Nothing any of the Xmen couldnt handle. Except maybe Warren but who cares about him.

"Storm vs Raven could go either way. She cant avoid his wraith ravens forever. Once she is caught, it would be over. Storm is powerful, but it usually takes her time."

Thats a common misconception with Storm. It doesnt take a long time for her to use her weather powers. This is what i mean. You cant be Xmen readers if you think this, because you would know that is not and never has been the case. I think the misconception arose from the cartoons inaccurate portrayal of Storm. She generates lightning herself virtually instantaneously, in battle she regularly generates hurricane winds just like that. Even in an enclosed space she has generated a massive flash flood in seconds. That argument doesnt work here im afraid. Its far from the truth. Storm would fry Raven in seconds.

"PSYCHO MANTIC, on the other hand is on a whole different level, a lot of people dont know this but he was the one who was telepathically controlling the minds of all the genome soldiers on shadowmosses, he has illusion castind, astral projecting capabilities too, and in his history, we find out that when his dormant psionic power surface as a child, he accidently destroyed his entire city, he alone could take care of anyone other than jean, he might even prove to be a worthy opponent to jean grey if he loses control{when jean isnt the phwonix}
the cyborg ninga again is on a completely different level, he has class 100 strength{much more actually} about the same durabilty as colossus, more agility than even venom or carnage or sidey, and is only a step below snake in hand to hand combat, can see in the dark due to thermal vision, and is the greatesr soldier{even in his human form} to have lived after snake and liquid, add his ultra strong sword and stealth camouflage to the mix and u got sum1 that can kill every1 other than jean,"

P Mantis is not class 100. Are you hoping that none of us have actually played the games? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jean Grey is an omega level telepath/telekinetic. PM isnt beating Jean. He isnt on her power level and he hasnt fought another decent psychic before. Hes always got his own way because in the Metal Gear world psychics are a rarity and far from being as abundant as they are in Marvel. In Marvel there are many, many telepaths yet Jean is the second most powerful one on the planet (pre-phoenix). That is impressive. Controlling a bunch of untrained (psychically) defencless soldiers is nothing to any half decent telepath who could also kill a city if their powers lashed out of control. PM psychically isnt impressive in Marvel terms. Im sorry but thats the truth. Jean would beat him in a telepathic battle with no trouble. Or she could just snap his neck like with a thought. GAME OVER.

GalacticStorm
"LIQUID SNAKE! now this guy is just about the same as solid snake, has an iq of 180{the human max} and is the perfect soldiergenetically and physically, along with psychologically, hes about the same league in martial arts and battle tactics as snake, and is so used to hot or cold temperatures that he goes without even a shirt for hours in temperatures below minus fifty, hes not superhuman but can more than easily handle, wolverine, archangel, cycops and even beast, its his perfection that stands out, remember what a superhuman like volgin said to snake ashe died "i am going back to mother earth, but u and the boss{referring to liquid}, ur from another world, a world that i do not wish to know}, raven was actually afraid of them, and liquid's gentic destiny and heritage doesnt let him die easily,{hel his gentic code is so strong and dominating that it created HIM out of ocelot, just by his arm}"

Liquid has the potential to be something greater i mean look at what some of the other clones could do. However liquid in current state was nothing more than a Captain America. He would get taken down by the Xmen.

mr.smiley
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
"His powers are similar to Jeans with the addition of mind control (he is an expert at it)"

Going by in feats Psycho mantis' psionic powers are no comparison to jeans whatsoever. An expert at mind control in comparison to jean? I love metal gear as well but thats ridiculous. She is an omega level telepath whose ultimate psychic potential is to tap into the primal force of creation. Psycho mantis has never displayed anything to show him to be nothing more than a low level telepath. His powers would be very effective against humans, the untrained and those who have less powerful psychic powers but jean would laugh at him.

"Cyborg ninja has stealth, invisibility, and what appears to be class 100 strength, and above human speed."

Nah he doesnt have class 100 strength. None of his feats from within uggest he's any stronger than current beast. He may have invisibility but storm sees the world around her as energy patterns he would still be detectable. His machinerys operations could be taken out via an EMP wave. Also Wolverine or Beast could smell/hear him and jean would know exactly where he is. The xmen are trained to resist telelpaths and mind control. That is why they are only ever taken out by powerful telepaths. Psycho Mantis is far from that category. Jean would deal with him and protect the xmen from his manipulations, although if they could probably resist them without too much trouble themselves. Dont attack me for saying that metal gear fans if you actually read xmen comics regularly you'll know that to be the case.

"Ocelot has perfect aim, even being able to hit targets perfect from wall ricochets."

TK shields will render that ability redundant. The others would be protected by jean. Bullets wont do squat to wolverine also. This team dont have adamantium i their world and even if they did wolverine has on a number of occassions taken a barrage of adamantium bullets and still kept going.

"Sniper wolf... not too much special about her that would help against the x men."

"Liquid, seems to be batman + geese howard combined. He should have all of Snakes abilities."

Street level class character. Nothing any of the Xmen couldnt handle. Except maybe Warren but who cares about him.

"Storm vs Raven could go either way. She cant avoid his wraith ravens forever. Once she is caught, it would be over. Storm is powerful, but it usually takes her time."

Thats a common misconception with Storm. It doesnt take a long time for her to use her weather powers. This is what i mean. You cant be Xmen readers if you think this, because you would know that is not and never has been the case. I think the misconception arose from the cartoons inaccurate portrayal of Storm. She generates lightning herself virtually instantaneously, in battle she regularly generates hurricane winds just like that. Even in an enclosed space she has generated a massive flash flood in seconds. That argument doesnt work here im afraid. Its far from the truth. Storm would fry Raven in seconds.

"PSYCHO MANTIC, on the other hand is on a whole different level, a lot of people dont know this but he was the one who was telepathically controlling the minds of all the genome soldiers on shadowmosses, he has illusion castind, astral projecting capabilities too, and in his history, we find out that when his dormant psionic power surface as a child, he accidently destroyed his entire city, he alone could take care of anyone other than jean, he might even prove to be a worthy opponent to jean grey if he loses control{when jean isnt the phwonix}
the cyborg ninga again is on a completely different level, he has class 100 strength{much more actually} about the same durabilty as colossus, more agility than even venom or carnage or sidey, and is only a step below snake in hand to hand combat, can see in the dark due to thermal vision, and is the greatesr soldier{even in his human form} to have lived after snake and liquid, add his ultra strong sword and stealth camouflage to the mix and u got sum1 that can kill every1 other than jean,"

P Mantis is not class 100. Are you hoping that none of us have actually played the ? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jean Grey is an omega level telepath/telekinetic. PM isnt beating Jean. He isnt on her power level and he hasnt fought another decent psychic before. Hes always got his own way because in the Metal Gear world psychics are a rarity and far from being as abundant as they are in Marvel. In Marvel there are many, many telepaths yet Jean is the second most powerful one on the planet (pre-phoenix). That is impressive. Controlling a bunch of untrained (psychically) defencless soldiers is nothing to any half decent telepath who could also kill a city if their powers lashed out of control. PM psychically isnt impressive in Marvel terms. Im sorry but thats the truth. Jean would beat him in a telepathic battle with no trouble. Or she could just snap his neck like with a thought. OVER.

So true

Hoshi
i think in a direct fight fox hound would lose , but if they can catch the x-men of guard they sure will win

Hoshi
if fox hound fight as they are supposed to fight, getting the enemy in favorable conditions for a fight they would have the upper hand, any x-men if are not ready are as tough as a human, except from beast , wolverine and maybe angel

leonheartmm
Going by in game feats Psycho mantis' psionic powers are no comparison to jeans whatsoever. An expert at mind control in comparison to jean? I love metal gear as well but thats ridiculous. She is an omega level telepath whose ultimate psychic potential is to tap into the primal force of creation. Psycho mantis has never displayed anything to show him to be nothing more than a low level telepath. His powers would be very effective against humans, the untrained and those who have less powerful psychic powers but jean would laugh at him.

this is NORMAL jean were talking about, not pheonix, even though she has great powers, she hasnt really shown the ability to destroy an antire town with a single psionic blast, secondly id say that controlling the entire genome army telepathically would put u a wee bit higher than a LOW LEVEL TELEPATH woudnt u agree

Nah he doesnt have class 100 strength. None of his feats from within game suggest he's any stronger than current beast. He may have invisibility but storm sees the world around her as energy patterns he would still be detectable. His machinerys operations could be taken out via an EMP wave. Also Wolverine or Beast could smell/hear him and jean would know exactly where he is. The xmen are trained to resist telelpaths and mind control. That is why they are only ever taken out by powerful telepaths. Psycho Mantis is far from that category. Jean would deal with him and protect the xmen from his manipulations, although if they could probably resist them without too much trouble themselves. Dont attack me for saying that metal gear fans if you actually read xmen comics regularly you'll know that to be the case.

mantis IS a powerful telepath, and fox MOST DEFINATELY has class 100 strength, have u forgotten that he LIFTED rex when rex was about to crush snake, and lets not forget that the foot of rex was coming down with a LOT OF FORCE due to its crushing movement and that wa augmented by its own wieght, if fox can lift that without much difficulty than he is actually much higher than normal class 100{remeber rex is well over 100 tons as it is, couple that with the crushing force of the foot and u have over class 100 strength}

Storm vs Raven could go either way. She cant avoid his wraith ravens forever. Once she is caught, it would be over. Storm is powerful, but it usually takes her time."

i NEVER said that it takes her time, i read the comics and know that she can create bolts and storms just like that, but she has no protection against raven's mystic freezing powers does she, and she cant just blow raven away with a a storm, she could take him out with a lightning bolt but then its just a case of if she can conjure up the lightning bolt before raven mystically paralyzes her, and her wind gust give her no protection against 30 caliber bullets does it, thas why i said that it can go either way.

i never said that ocelot could do much to the x men,

i said that she could ONLY DO damage if she was given a good hidden surprise vantage point,k or a good long distance sniping point.

P Mantis is not class 100. Are you hoping that none of us have actually played the games?

lol, when the HELL did i ever say that mantis was class 100? hes not even a good human fighter, i could beat his ass with my own hands in hand to hand, and plus hes blind, his main power is psionic, and that is enough to destroy every 1 other than normal jean, he COULD stand up to normal jean seeing as he was strong enough to destroy a whole town in a single psionic blast{forgive me for saying this but doesnt that make hin like one of the top 5 earth born telekentics in marvel terms, leveling a whole town with a single blast?} and was also strong enough to control the entire genome army telepathically against their own will{here also, a person who can telepathiocally simultaneously control hundreds of soldiers over the shadow mosses island is a VERY strong telepath in earth born marvel terms isnt it}. he also had the abilty to tell the future{precognition} and the abilty of astral projection and illusion casting, now think about all that.

leonheartmm
Jean Grey is an omega level telepath/telekinetic. PM isnt beating Jean. He isnt on her power level and he hasnt fought another decent psychic before. Hes always got his own way because in the Metal Gear world psychics are a rarity and far from being as abundant as they are in Marvel. In Marvel there are many, many telepaths yet Jean is the second most powerful one on the planet (pre-phoenix). That is impressive. Controlling a bunch of untrained (psychically) defencless soldiers is nothing to any half decent telepath who could also kill a city if their powers lashed out of control. PM psychically isnt impressive in Marvel terms. Im sorry but thats the truth. Jean would beat him in a telepathic battle with no trouble. Or she could just snap his neck like with a thought. GAME OVER.

sna[p his neck like a twig, SHE COULD, and i also agree that mantis hasnt fought with a lot of decent telepaths, but if u read my posts i said that THE XMEN WOULD WIN, and ONLY BECAUSE OF JEAN GREY, but it is ALSO A FACT that mantis COULD hold his own against normal jean for quite a long time,

Liquid has the potential to be something greater i mean look at what some of the other clones could do. However liquid in current state was nothing more than a Captain America. He would get taken down by the Xmen.

he is actually a lot more than captain america, do u not remember what he survived without help? well lets me remind u that he survived that helicopter crash, the metal gear destruction, {meaning a stinger missile STRAIGHT into the cocpit, the fall from a height that no man could have survived, a couple of bullets from snake, a jeep crash and he also held up against the foxdie virus FOR A HELLUVA LONG TIME, and just his arm was genetically powerful enough to take over its host OCELOT, hes a lot more than a street thugh, he went around without even a shirt on for hours in temperatures less than minus 50, and was almost as good and intelligent as snake in hand to hand combat and was also a weapons specialist greater than wolverine could ever be,

FieryBalrog
um, first of all you are killing off wolverine way too fast. The is not going to go down to someone with a machine gun. Machine gun + Wolverine = angry wolverine + dead machine gun operator.

secondly, Storm doesn't take much time if any to generate her weather effects. This is a misconception people get from watching the movies and cartoons. In the comics, if you read her it takes her a while to cook up a MAJOR storm, sure. But stuff like lightning, fog, winds and all that is the work of seconds.

thirdly, there is no clear line between "normal" Jean and "phoenix" jean- shes been manifesting phoenx signatures and hinting at it for 70 issues and years even after she first "came back" in X-factor. For a while they were powering her down by getting rid of her TP first and then her TK because of various reasons/injuries.

But even then, lets just say theres some "normal Jean" benchmark (even though there isnt.) I'm just going to take it as whenever she hasnt specifically manifested the phoenix raptor. Even so, this "normal" Jean- an omega lvl telepath/telekinetic- has mentally frozen Apocalypse with ease, then ripped him out of her husbands body in a single panel. Shes often been labelled the second most powerful telepath behind prof. X. She freezes crowds of people in place without a strain, mindwipes, etc. She preserved prof X's entire mind inside her own when the body he was in died- then split it up amongst every mutant on the planet, while keeping his mind alive. Etc.

leonheartmm
secondly, Storm doesn't take much time if any to generate her weather effects. This is a misconception people get from watching the movies and cartoons. In the comics, if you read her it takes her a while to cook up a MAJOR storm, sure. But stuff like lightning, fog, winds and all that is the work of seconds.

i already said that i accepted that, n that wolverine thing, this isnt just any normal machine gunner, its a machine gunner firing 8000 bullets per minute of thirty caliber each, he has superhuman strength and can mystically paralyze wolvie.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by leonheartmm

i already said that i accepted that, n that wolverine thing, this isnt just any normal machine gunner, its a machine gunner firing 8000 bullets per minute of thirty caliber each, he has superhuman strength and can mystically paralyze wolvie.

Storm could blow all of them away in a hurricane. Or create a lightining storm that fries all of them. Using her power does not take time. A few well placed lightining bolts will put half of this team down in the first seconds.

Avalonofthewind

P Mantis is not class 100. Are you hoping that none of us have actually played the games? roll eyes (sarcastic)

I never said he was in Jean's level power for power, I just said he had similar abilities. I even said it would be suicide for him to go directly after her...read...

As for the Ninja, Metal Gear went to stomp him, and he managed to actually grab its leg with all its momentum to keep from getting crushed. Thats definitely above the beasts strength. I would say the Gear is close to 100 tons with all its artillery loaded and the force of downward momemtum.

As for storm, I got this directly off her Marvel directory a while back, and it does take her time to manipulate weather patterns. If its a beautiful clear day out, she cant just make a storm, she has to manipulate the weather, she isnt thor. Either way, I cant see her beaving Raven, his powers are too much for her.

I woudnt sleep on Liquid, seeing characters like Batman and Spiderman have given the xmen a hard time on their own. Remember also that these guys kill quickly without remorse while the xmen usually *try* to restrain at first.

Cosmic Cube
I never said he was in Jean's level power for power, I just said he had similar abilities. I even said it would be suicide for him to go directly after her...read...

As for the Ninja, Metal Gear went to stomp him, and he managed to actually grab its leg with all its momentum to keep from getting crushed. Thats definitely above the beasts strength. I would say the Gear is close to 100 tons with all its artillery loaded and the force of downward momemtum.

As for storm, I got this directly off her Marvel directory a while back, and it does take her time to manipulate weather patterns. If its a beautiful clear day out, she cant just make a storm, she has to manipulate the weather, she isnt thor. Either way, I cant see her beaving Raven, his powers are too much for her.

I woudnt sleep on Liquid, seeing characters like Batman and Spiderman have given the xmen a hard time on their own. Remember also that these guys kill quickly without remorse while the xmen usually *try* to restrain at first.

Spiderman gave the X-Men a hard time? When?

Beast can lift more than 25 tons.

Marveldirectory.com is not a canon site. It takes time for Storm to make a country sized hurricane. Not to make a simple storm.

Avalonofthewind
Spiderman gave the X-Men a hard time? When?

Beast can lift more than 25 tons.

Marveldirectory.com is not a canon site. It takes time for Storm to make a country sized hurricane. Not to make a simple storm.

My info didnt come off a website. It came from books. Do I remember which ones? Hell no, I was still in school when I read these.

Spiderman did give these guys a hard time, Wolverine, Cyclops, Beast, I believe Iceman was in it also. He took them all at once, and even cracked jokes while effortlessly dodging and fighting. Normal spiderman...no cosmic powers either.

Did everyone also forget FH has 1 week of prep as per my original thread?

GalacticStorm
"Spiderman did give these guys a hard time, Wolverine, Cyclops, Beast, I believe Iceman was in it also. He took them all at once, and even cracked jokes while effortlessly dodging and fighting. Normal spiderman...no cosmic powers either."

That was in Secret Wars and spiderman never faced the Xmen. He was spying on them, heard something suspect and ran off to report to the avengers and FF and so on. He was spotted and the xmen tried to capture him not fight him and he dodged and ran out till he came across some other heroes at which point prof X wiped his mind with a thought.

Cosmic Cube
My info didnt come off a website. It came from books. Do I remember which ones? Hell no, I was still in school when I read these.

Spiderman did give these guys a hard time, Wolverine, Cyclops, Beast, I believe Iceman was in it also. He took them all at once, and even cracked jokes while effortlessly dodging and fighting. Normal spiderman...no cosmic powers either.

Did everyone also forget FH has 1 week of prep as per my original thread?

Read them again. You'd see that it doesn't take long at all for Storm to summon a storm. She has deft control over the elements. Summoning wind, rain and lightning takes almost no effort whatsoever. She often does so accidentally.

Wolverine nearly killed Spiderman by himself. I doubt Spiderman did any such thing. Do you have an issue number?

Avalonofthewind
"Spiderman did give these guys a hard time, Wolverine, Cyclops, Beast, I believe Iceman was in it also. He took them all at once, and even cracked jokes while effortlessly dodging and fighting. Normal spiderman...no cosmic powers either."

That was in Secret Wars and spiderman never faced the Xmen. He was spying on them, heard something suspect and ran off to report to the avengers and FF and so on. He was spotted and the xmen tried to capture him not fight him and he dodged and ran out till he came across some other heroes at which point prof X wiped his mind with a thought.

100% wrong. This had nothing to do with Secret Wars. Nice try though.

GalacticStorm
100% wrong. This had nothing to do with Secret Wars. Nice try though.

Not really cos Spiderman did tangle with the xmen in secret wars also and with some of the same xmen you mentioned. Either way this debating should have ended a few days ago. Everyone but metal gear fanboys can see that the xmen would punk this lame ass team. You were probably hoping none of us had actually played the game.

Avalonofthewind
Read them again. You'd see that it doesn't take long at all for Storm to summon a storm. She has deft control over the elements. Summoning wind, rain and lightning takes almost no effort whatsoever. She often does so accidentally.

Wolverine nearly killed Spiderman by himself. I doubt Spiderman did any such thing. Do you have an issue number?

I didnt say anythin about consistency. I have also seen wolverine scare the sh*t out of spidey on their own. It makes no sense, but then again, thats Marvels fault. Spidey always seems to do better against teams that 1-on-1.

If all the elements are in place, then it is easy for her to summon a powerful storm quickly. If its a nice day out, her powers take longer to reach full effect. Her powers were not fast at all when Doom turned her into a statue.

Either way, how will this help her against a man who can mystically paralize her?

Avalonofthewind
Not really cos Spiderman did tangle with the xmen in secret wars also and with some of the same xmen you mentioned. Either way this debating should have ended a few days ago. Everyone but metal gear fanboys can see that the xmen would punk this lame ass team. You were probably hoping none of us had actually played the game.

Getting upset? laughing

I have not said the xmen will lose automatically, I'm just stating scenarios, and we are talking about a superpowered military team with a week of prep here.

The only one that sounds like a fanboy is you.

DarkCrawler
I didnt say anythin about consistency. I have also seen wolverine scare the sh*t out of spidey on their own. It makes no sense, but then again, thats Marvels fault. Spidey always seems to do better against teams that 1-on-1.

If all the elements are in place, then it is easy for her to summon a powerful storm quickly. If its a nice day out, her powers take longer to reach full effect. Her powers were not fast at all when Doom turned her into a statue.

Either way, how will this help her against a man who can mystically paralize her?

The Doom statue thing happened many years ago. Storm is an near-omega level mutant now. She can kill Vulcan Raven INSTANTLY with her weather powers.

K3VIL
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
The Doom statue thing happened many years ago. Storm is an near-omega level mutant now. She can kill Vulcan Raven INSTANTLY with her weather powers.
She has bullet dodging reaction time?Cause I think VR chaingun has some nice arguments for Storm powers.She can't summon wind if bullets reach her.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by K3VIL
She has bullet dodging reaction time?Cause I think VR chaingun has some nice arguments for Storm powers.She can't summon wind if bullets reach her.

Those mystical ravens are something else she wont overcome. She'll be frozen in place ready to be picked off by anyone.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by K3VIL

Well, she has dodged bullets before...Stormfront knows more about Storm.

Cosmic Flame
Can Storm's powers work behind a TK shield? If they do, then it won't matter who shoots or whether ravens come or not.

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
Can Storm's powers work behind a TK shield? If they do, then it won't matter who shoots or whether ravens come or not.

exactly...... yay telekinesis.

mr.smiley

Yeah she's nuts now.In that one uncanny issue she created winds that where as violent as the surface of jupiter or some planet like that.

leonheartmm

i DID SAY THAT JEAN WAS THE ONLY REASON THAT THE X MEN MIGHT WIN THIS FIGHT, but think about it, wont jean bee too busy with psycho mantis, who is about 70% as powerful as she is id say. lookin at what theyve both done{normal jean} and storm can neither block nor dodge bullets and certainly cant stand the muystic force of vulcan reaven.

FieryBalrog

i DID SAY THAT JEAN WAS THE ONLY REASON THAT THE X MEN MIGHT WIN THIS FIGHT, but think about it, wont jean bee too busy with psycho mantis, who is about 70% as powerful as she is id say. lookin at what theyve both done{normal jean} and storm can neither block nor dodge bullets and certainly cant stand the muystic force of vulcan reaven.

you apparently have no idea what "normal jean" has done, since you labelled her a "LOW LEVEL TELEPATH" when shes nothing of the sort. I suggest you actually read some of the stories involving her, maybe you will realize that 1) there is no nice categories of "normal Jean" and uber-Jean", her power levels fluctuate over long time periods- and 2) "normal Jean" is the second most powerful telepath on the planet, a planet brimming with telepaths of all sorts.

yea, I'm sure Psycho mantis is near her level because he once controlled some guards, wow, some guards, really? Happy Dance laughing

leonheartmm
i never called jean a low level telepath, i just said that MANTIS wasnt a low level telepath either, and we are talkin about normal jean without the pheonix force and there is an extremely notable difference between normal jean and jean with the phenix force, normal jean cant defeat galactus,

FieryBalrog
i never called jean a low level telepath, i just said that MANTIS wasnt a low level telepath either, and we are talkin about normal jean without the pheonix force and there is an extremely notable difference between normal jean and jean with the phenix force, normal jean cant defeat galactus,

actually, there isn't that noticeable of a difference, it scales up. Shes used the Phoenix force in small amounts too. Her relationship with it is complicated.

I mean she manifests a phoenix raptor in Uncanny X-men 355 or so (or one of the issues around it), but that doesnt mean shes about to punk Galactus. she manifests her phoenix self more and more as needed by the universe.

she manifests phoenix powers in New X-men 120 when she humiliates the U-men who come to the school to destroy it, but again shes not about to swallow the universe. If the situation gets dire though, she rises to the occasion. When her and Logan are hurtling into the Sun 28 issues later she ressurrects, saves Logan as they hit the surface and performs other miraculous deeds. The line between "normal jean" and "phoenix jean" doesnt exist very clearly, if at all. Her power levels fluctuate and sometimes shes lost and gained powers due to injuries and events, but her baseline capabilities and regular powers are extremely strong.

And I've yet to see a single impressive feat listed for Psycho Mantis. Controlling a bunch of soldiers doesn't count, Jean does that like every day. Telepathically overpowering Apocalypse with ease, thats something. Preserving Prof Xs mind, splitting it up into every living mutant and connecting them back up and having him survive the process is something.

leonheartmm
And I've yet to see a single impressive feat listed for Psycho Mantis. Controlling a bunch of soldiers doesn't count, Jean does that like every day. Telepathically overpowering Apocalypse with ease, thats something. Preserving Prof Xs mind, splitting it up into every living mutant and connecting them back up and having him survive the process is something.

it wasnt just a bunch of soldiers. it was a whole army, he could also look into the future and as i explained before, destroyed an entire town with a single psionic blast{his most impressive feat}, he can also sense the world around him psinically as he does not have any eyes, he is also capable of illusion casting and astral projection,

FieryBalrog

it wasnt just a bunch of soldiers. it was a whole army, he could also look into the future and as i explained before, destroyed an entire town with a single psionic blast{his most impressive feat}, he can also sense the world around him psinically as he does not have any eyes, he is also capable of illusion casting and astral projection,

when he destroys the town, does he just destroy the people with the blast or the buildings and such? Cause telepathy doesnt let you destroy buildings with psionic blasts... that would be some other power.

leonheartmm
it wasnt telepathy it was telekentic power, mantis is a strong telekenetic too u know, well it wasnt really just telepathy, it was raw psionic energy as stated in his bio, and it destroyed all the buildings, the ground and killed all the people in the town.

leonheartmm
psionic BLAST is different from psi bolt, psi bolt affects the mind, psionic BLAST or SPIKE destroyes physical stuff.

DarkCrawler
it wasnt telepathy it was telekentic power, mantis is a strong telekenetic too u know, well it wasnt really just telepathy, it was raw psionic energy as stated in his bio, and it destroyed all the buildings, the ground and killed all the people in the town.

Cool. Jean could do the same thing.

GalacticStorm

Thats really not that impressive especially after you said his powers were lashing out of control at the time. Between that and controlling some soldiers he really isnt on Jeans level. Theres a reason why shes called an omega level mutant and why shes referred to as the second most powerful telepath on the planet. She could take out PM with no problem while protecting the more vulnerable Xmen with a TK shield.

Between jean, storm and wolverine the foxhound are finished with ease. Foxhound may have prep time but what you have to remember is that they dont come from the marvel universe. They wouldnt have thought any mutants and definitely noone even remotely as powerful as storm and jean. They only have their own worlds technology to prepare with. That would not be enough.

leonheartmm
no, i might agree on jean's power level{though i never differed with that to begin with} but without her help, all of the xmen including storm are DOOMED.

Creshosk
no, i might agree on jean's power level{though i never differed with that to begin with} but without her help, all of the xmen including storm are DOOMED. Why are you removing jean all of the sudden?

Can we remove your telepath too?

GalacticStorm
He never created this thread so he has no say in who is featured within it. Jean stays, Foxhounds die

leonheartmm
thas true,

Avalonofthewind
Galacticstorm. It doesnt matter if they arent originally from the MU. A week of prep is a week to study your enemy and their weaknesses.

In all fairness, I'll take out Jean/Phoenix as she is too powerful now with the phoenix. Any volunteers on who can take her place?

Cosmic Cube
Iceman. evil face

Avalonofthewind
Iceman. evil face

He's powerful, but not very intelligent if memory serves me correctly?

stormfront13
omg the amount people know of storm is actually humorous. first of all she is a confirmed omega-level mutant. also in uncanny x-men # 17 the writers say that she is one of the most powerful mutants to ever walk the earth. and yes, her powers work instantley. in x-men black sun # 2 she froze an entire forest instantley, even the nagari(misspelled) that were trying to kill her were frozen. another example of this was during the dark phoenix sage. she was carrying the weight of herself, wolverine, and cyclops. phoenix was chasing them and storm knew that she needed to buy them time so she created a tornado that was so powerful it blew dark phoenix back and she had to cover her face for cover, INSTANTLEY. another example of storm using powers instantley was also in the dark phoenix saga. nightcrawler was getting beat by shaw so she instantley created a pocket of arctic cold around him. nightcrawler was unaffected by this, but shaw was and she literally dropped the temo below zero instantley and basically froze the fight out of him. also in tournament of heroes storm was against the human torch and they were talking. it was SUNNY out and storm created a MONSOON INSTANTLEY. she raised her hands and there was literally water everywhere. and yes, storm can affect the inside of shields also. she did it to unus the untouchable, magneto, and jean grey. also in uncanny x-men # 17 x-cutioner had a shield up, and she literally BROKE HIS SHIELD. she electrified the air around him and his shield broke, the attack was so intense that he had to teleport away. storm could easily beat any of these people by sending a bolt through their brain which will short out all the synases in their brain. and someone said they use technology, an emp anyone?

stormfront13
also someopne brought up bullets, storm has easily dodged bullets from highly trained assassins before, and her winds have stopped bullets before

Cosmic Cube
He's powerful, but not very intelligent if memory serves me correctly?

Does it really matter? An absolute zero blast will kill a few members members of this team, and seriously harm others.

Avalonofthewind
Does it really matter? An absolute zero blast will kill a few members members of this team, and seriously harm others.

If Mantis controls him, then he could Bobby pull that on the X-men.

I'm going for an oldie but goody...Forge.

Cosmic Cube
If Mantis controls him, then he could Bobby pull that on the X-men.

I'm going for an oldie but goody...Forge.

True.

Nightcrawler could kill all of them, if he was out of character.

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by stormfront13
omg the amount people know of storm is actually humorous. first of all she is a confirmed omega-level mutant. also in uncanny x-men # 17 the writers say that she is one of the most powerful mutants to ever walk the earth. and yes, her powers work instantley. in x-men black sun # 2 she froze an entire forest instantley, even the nagari(misspelled) that were trying to kill her were frozen. another example of this was during the dark phoenix sage. she was carrying the weight of herself, wolverine, and cyclops. phoenix was chasing them and storm knew that she needed to buy them time so she created a tornado that was so powerful it blew dark phoenix back and she had to cover her face for cover, INSTANTLEY. another example of storm using powers instantley was also in the dark phoenix saga. nightcrawler was getting beat by shaw so she instantley created a pocket of arctic cold around him. nightcrawler was unaffected by this, but shaw was and she literally dropped the temo below zero instantley and basically froze the fight out of him. also in tournament of heroes storm was against the human torch and they were talking. it was SUNNY out and storm created a MONSOON INSTANTLEY. she raised her hands and there was literally water everywhere. and yes, storm can affect the inside of shields also. she did it to unus the untouchable, magneto, and jean grey. also in uncanny x-men # 17 x-cutioner had a shield up, and she literally BROKE HIS SHIELD. she electrified the air around him and his shield broke, the attack was so intense that he had to teleport away. storm could easily beat any of these people by sending a bolt through their brain which will short out all the synases in their brain. and someone said they use technology, an emp anyone?

I agree, Storm is really powerful... but again, shes not in Uncanny X-men # 17! She was introduced in Giant Sized X-men #1, which is right before Uncanny X-men #94! stick out tongue

FieryBalrog
Galacticstorm. It doesnt matter if they arent originally from the MU. A week of prep is a week to study your enemy and their weaknesses.

In all fairness, I'll take out Jean/Phoenix as she is too powerful now with the phoenix. Any volunteers on who can take her place?
youre going to need another telepath to counter Psycho Mantis... someone like classic Psylocke or Rachel. Otherwise it leaves the X-men in a lot of trouble.

Telepaths are brutal in matchups like these.

stormfront13
well yeah, then it must be secpnd series. and the telepath won't matter here cause storm could protect her whole team from him by establishing a lightning field. storm could possibly take down this entire team by herself

Creshosk
Originally posted by FieryBalrog
youre going to need another telepath to counter Psycho Mantis... someone like classic Psylocke or Rachel. Otherwise it leaves the X-men in a lot of trouble.

Telepaths are brutal in matchups like these. Or he could remove psycho mantis, but I've got the distinct feeling he doesn't want a fair fight . . .

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by Creshosk
Or he could remove psycho mantis, but I've got the distinct feeling he doesn't want a fair fight . . .

its true Storm has some resistance to telepathy, but hostile telepaths have overcome her before. Heck, Brainchild just did in the savage land arc.

So Yea, Psycho Mantis would be a problem.

stormfront13
that was before storm could establish a lightning field, since then she has kept out emma frost, rachel grey, and at one point even xavier

Avalonofthewind
Actually Psylocke seems like a good matchup for this.

Are any of the X men immune or a match for Vulcans Mystical Ravens though?

stormfront13
what do they do?

Avalonofthewind
They can be used as Surveilance, or attack, or he can paralize you.

FieryBalrog
well, I mean it depends. Are they irresistible or something? How long does it take them to act? Has anyone shrugged it off before?

Couldn't Storm just blow them away or Cyke just blast the ravens with his beam?

FieryBalrog
Actually Psylocke seems like a good matchup for this.

Are any of the X men immune or a match for Vulcans Mystical Ravens though?

well, Psylocke would be useless as a telepath in her current form, since she doesnt have any telepathy.

grey fox
mantis turns them all into vegetables

well yeah, then it must be secpnd series. and the telepath won't matter here cause storm could protect her whole team from him by establishing a lightning field. storm could possibly take down this entire team by herself

You are startign to sound like a fanboy i suggest you stop

stormfront13
hey, it's not really fanboyism if she could. she's one of the most powerful mutantsd to ever walk the earth. she establishes ligtning fields that keep telepaths out. she could protect her whole team. you obviously don't know storm

FieryBalrog
hey, it's not really fanboyism if she could. she's one of the most powerful mutantsd to ever walk the earth. she establishes ligtning fields that keep telepaths out. she could protect her whole team. you obviously don't know storm

shes not immune to telepathy though, and her telepathy resistance isn't guaranteed. Like I said, she was controlled just 3-4 issues back in Uncanny.

stormfront13
yes, i nmever said she was immune, but very, very hard to get in her head. when rachel had tried to controll storm storm didn't establish a lightning field, an was going on pure determination and it took all rachel had to bring her down. then storm established a lightning field but never finished, and rachel had said that if they were a second late she would have never been able to put storm down. and again, when storm awoke and wasn''t able to access her powers which meant no lightning field it literally took everything rachel had to keep storm under her control. she couldn't even move and psylock walked right up to her, rachel was starring at her but rachel had to give everything she had to concentrate on storm. then psylock called upon a psychic knife and rachel was starring at her because if shehad tried to stop psylock then she would have lost control on storm. even w/out a lightning field she was able to have someone who has a very small portion of the phoenix force a run for their money

leonheartmm
ur givin storm way too much credit, storm could just as easily kill raven with a lightning bolt as he could immobilize her with his soul ravens. and storm cant protect against 30 caliber bullets please. and storm cant protect herself from the plasma bolts of fox, or the power of mantis, she cant take a 7.62 caliber bullet from sniper wolf's PSG1 either, nor any other bullet.

leonheartmm
a tornado that was so powerful it blew dark phoenix back and she had to cover her face for cover, INSTANTLEY

uhm, if the pheonix theories are correct and theres no real difference between pheonix and jean, then how come a pathetic tornadoe from a lowly mutant could affect her at all?

Hoshi
it is basically the same thing , but with no control of that

stormfront13
did you seriously just call storm a lowly mutant!?!?!?! SHE IS ONE OF THE MOST POWERFUL MUTANTS EVER TO WALK THE EARTH(uncanny x-men # 17, second series)!!! and go look it at yourself, she was carrying a lot of weight, then threw her hands up and a tornado appeared instantley. it literally blew back the dark phoenix and she was suprised by the attack. but yes storm has blocked bulltes with her winds, and has created pressure domes before which can deflect attacks. after you have learned about storm, then we'll talk

FieryBalrog
a tornado that was so powerful it blew dark phoenix back and she had to cover her face for cover, INSTANTLEY

uhm, if the pheonix theories are correct and theres no real difference between pheonix and jean, then how come a pathetic tornadoe from a lowly mutant could affect her at all?

mostly because Dark Phoenix was toying with them, and exploring her potential. Storm has never seriously affected Dark Phoenix.

Also, Jean places mental blocks upon herself to limit her power (she hits one when fighting Magneto in issue 109 or 110 or some such, for example). In the first Phoenix storyline, she heals the M'kraan crystal- nexus of all realities- but later her and Xavier get tranquilized by a low level thug. Partly Plot induced Stupidity, partly mental blocks.

FieryBalrog
did you seriously just call storm a lowly mutant!?!?!?! SHE IS ONE OF THE MOST POWERFUL MUTANTS EVER TO WALK THE EARTH(uncanny x-men # 17, second series)!!! and go look it at yourself, she was carrying a lot of weight, then threw her hands up and a tornado appeared instantley. it literally blew back the dark phoenix and she was suprised by the attack. but yes storm has blocked bulltes with her winds, and has created pressure domes before which can deflect attacks. after you have learned about storm, then we'll talk

Actually, I think you've got the issue number wrong... because Storm is in 2 panels in X-men vol. 2 # 17, and its about something else... confused

stormfront13
well the title of the comic is uncanny x-men # 17, and the date is 1993. it must be second series or something, but it has x-cutioner in it. with one simple attack storm literally breaks right through his field

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by FieryBalrog
well, I mean it depends. Are they irresistible or something? How long does it take them to act? Has anyone shrugged it off before?

Couldn't Storm just blow them away or Cyke just blast the ravens with his beam?

They are pretty effective. One landed on Snake and froze him immediately. He uses both mystical and real ravens from the times Ive played the game. The real ones would get blown away of course...

FieryBalrog
well the title of the comic is uncanny x-men # 17, and the date is 1993. it must be second series or something, but it has x-cutioner in it. with one simple attack storm literally breaks right through his field

this gets more and more confusing, because the second series isn't called "uncanny x-men"- in fact, there hasn't been a second volume of that. The first volume is still going with uncanny 461.

X-men #17 (the second series, labelled vol. 2 because the Uncanny line wasn't labelled "Uncanny" until issue 114) IS about the X-cutioners song, but theres no "Uncanny" on the cover, and Storm is in 2 panels. Her group is talking to the professor about the blackbird, thats it. I'll look through 16, but are you sure you have the right comic...?

GalacticStorm
They are pretty effective. One landed on Snake and froze him immediately. He uses both mystical and real ravens from the times Ive played the game. The real ones would get blown away of course...

Well when he's taken out his ravens disperse and the spells effects are negated. Storms powers work psionically so she would still be able to use her weather powers if frozen as she has done before after being turned into a chrome statue by Dr Doom in uncanny xmen just after the Dark Phoenix saga. One lightning bolt hes outta the picture

Avalonofthewind
Well when he's taken out his ravens disperse and the spells effects are negated. Storms powers work psionically so she would still be able to use her weather powers if frozen as she has done before after being turned into a chrome statue by Dr Doom in uncanny xmen just after the Dark Phoenix saga. One lightning bolt hes outta the picture

You are right on point with that. If Storm gets frozen though, she wont have time while she's being shot up.

Mr Parker
woops wrong thread. embarrasment

leonheartmm

uhm. no, shes not a high level mutant to me, lets look at the mutants heirchy
1, franklin richards
2. nate grey
3. cable
4. hyperstorm
5. legion
6. proteus
7. apocalypse
8. red son{gambit}
9. magneto
10. xavier
11. jean grey{as a mutant}
12. scarlet witch
13.bishop

oh my.............. i dont see storm anywhere on that list, now how could that be if she is one of the most powerful mutants like u say, the answer is that she WAS one of the most powerful mutants, but is not anymore. shes a normal/high level mutant. and im pretty sure she cannot stop 30 cailiber bullets being fired by a miachine gun at 12000 rounds per minute.

stormfront13
where did you get that list from?? because bishop shouldn't be on it, storm has easily overloaded him with electricity. and she is, the writers say so all the time, and it even says it in that comic. and storm has almost beat magneto by herself before, she's fought legion, she's fought apocolypse and can hurt him. and she may not be a high level mutant to you, but that's beause you don't know anything about her because she has stopped machine gun fire before.

DarkCrawler

1, franklin richards
2. nate grey
3. cable
4. hyperstorm
5. legion
6. proteus
7. apocalypse
8. red son{gambit}
9. magneto
10. xavier
12. scarlet witch
13.bishop

oh my.............. i dont see storm anywhere on that list, now how could that be if she is one of the most powerful mutants like u say, the answer is that she WAS one of the most powerful mutants, but is not anymore. shes a normal/high level mutant. and im pretty sure she cannot stop 30 cailiber bullets being fired by a miachine gun at 12000 rounds per minute.

That list is not accurate.

leonheartmm
that list is pretty accurate, and bishop has gret potential,

where did you get that list from?? because bishop shouldn't be on it, storm has easily overloaded him with electricity. and she is, the writers say so all the time, and it even says it in that comic. and storm has almost beat magneto by herself before, she's fought legion, she's fought apocolypse and can hurt him. and she may not be a high level mutant to you, but that's beause you don't know anything about her because she has stopped machine gun fire before.

she cant beat magneto, never, maybe the older magneto, but not the newer more powerful version,and yes she has fought legion and apocalypse, and im assuming u also remeber what the outcomes of the fights were, legion and apocalypse win, just because wolverine has fought magneto doesnt mean hes in his league.i DO know a lot about her, tell me what i dont know about her, n she may have stopped machine gun fire before but im betting it wasnt a 30 caliber gatling gun, n she sure as hell can not escape the soul ravens of vulcan raven.

stormfront13
i gave those examples because when she fought apocolypse she hurt him. and yeah she nearly suffocated older magneto, which usually needed all of the x-men to take him down. and yeah she has dodged machine gun fire from highly trained assassins

leonheartmm
i gave those examples because when she fought apocolypse she hurt him. and yeah she nearly suffocated older magneto, which usually needed all of the x-men to take him down. and yeah she has dodged machine gun fire from highly trained assassins

hurting apocalypse doesnt qualify as being better than him and OLDER magneto was not quite as powerful as the new one, and again, i DOUBT shes dodged machine gun fire of 12000 rounds per minute, do u know how fast that is? thas 20 bullets PER SECOND, and a single 30 caliber bullet can destroy a tank, besides she wont be able to move with raven's special ability.

stormfront13
well i never said that she was bette than him, but not most mutants can even hurt apoc. and her winds have saved her from gunfire like that, and it's debatable if raven will even touch her

leonheartmm
its not debatable, because raven has those soul ravens, which will paralyze her through the soul, and she cant protect herself from that gun.

leonheartmm
LOL, I CAN SEE HOW MUCH U "LOVE" STORM, ur not just any ordinary fanboy{pun intended}

stormfront13
and also storm could just as easily take out raven, one bolt to the head frying all the synapses in ravens brain, so it depends on who acts first and all it takes is a thought for storm, and lightning can move at the speed of light. also i may be a fanboy at times, but not here, here you underestimate storm

stormfront13
and what pun?

leonheartmm
lightning can move at the speed of light.

lightning does not move at lightspeed, not even close to it, it moves at a maximum speed of 300000miles per hour.

stormfront13
oh wait.... whoops, didn't mean to say speed of light, but i have read a ton of places that it moves around lightspeed

leonheartmm
then uve read wrong my friend, lightning does not move anywhere close to the speed of light. if it did, the electrons would have enough energy to cause a catastrophe on earth. or even beyond that.

stormfront13
well i have read near lightspeed in books and such, but anyway i know 3000000mph is to slow

leonheartmm
its not slow at all, but i can ASSURE YOU, that lightning does not travel anywhere close to the speed of light.

stormfront13
well other people on this board have said that speed of light and lightspeed are different speeds, i'm assuming this is true because i have read abiut scienists recording the speed of a lightning bolt and one was recorded at lightspeed.

leonheartmm
uhm speed of lightspeed and lightspeed are different ways of saying the same thing, that is the speed that light travels on, n where did u hear about a lightning bolt travelling at lightspeed? because thas not possible, lightning is made up of electrons having mass and charges, there is no way that they can travel at lightspeed, no way, it would violate einstiens theory.

stormfront13
no, i know what ightning is made of and stuff, but i have read it from a book called WEATHER AND IT'S AFFECTS. i got it at borders, and the author way somethig browning

GalacticStorm
that list is pretty accurate, and bishop has gret potential,

she cant beat magneto, never, maybe the older magneto, but not the newer more powerful version,and yes she has fought legion and apocalypse, and im assuming u also remeber what the outcomes of the fights were, legion and apocalypse win, just because wolverine has fought magneto doesnt mean hes in his league.i DO know a lot about her, tell me what i dont know about her, n she may have stopped machine gun fire before but im betting it wasnt a 30 caliber gatling gun, n she sure as hell can not escape the soul ravens of vulcan raven.

Storm is far more powerful than Bishop. Before Jean started manifesting Phoenix again storm was the most powerful on the team. If you're an avid xmen reader you'd know that because its stated in the comics and its shown through her actions. In terms of energy she can generate theres few mutants who can beat her. Also what you must take into account in her battle with legion (just before the AOA saga) is that Legion was drawing on the energies of the M'Kraan crystal to empower himself. Normal legion just wasnt anywhere near as powerful as that and certainly wasnt more powerful than storm who at the time was more powerful than Jean who was the second most powerful telepath on the planet. In this battle the Xmen had to rely on their only true powerhouse among the team on the field and guess who that was? The team was Jean, Psylocke, BISHOP and Iceman i believe. While Storm duked it out with Legion the others cowered behind Jeans teke shields.

Cosmic Cube

lightning does not move at lightspeed, not even close to it, it moves at a maximum speed of 300000miles per hour.

Lightning can move at 90,000 miles per second. That's about half the speed of light.

FieryBalrog

1, franklin richards
2. nate grey
3. cable
4. hyperstorm
5. legion
6. proteus
7. apocalypse
8. red son{gambit}
9. magneto
10. xavier
12. scarlet witch
13.bishop

I'm sorry, this list is totally haphazard and random, and why the hell is Bishop on it? What has Bishop ever done that merited his inclusion over Storm...? Storm has channeled the energy of an entire galactic star core. She containts nuclear bombs with her pressure fields.

Cable is not that powerful, he has a virus, its part of him, and as a result his power levels are lower. You've ranked his mother much too low given her current power levels. (What, shes not a mutant anymore because shes the White Phoenix of the Crown?)

Why are you pretending like this is the official mutant heirarchy? laughing

FieryBalrog

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/gen99/gen99096.htm

youre off by a factor of 10,000.

Your speed = 83 miles per second
Lightning speed = 90,000 miles per second.

leonheartmm
cable doesnt have the virus anymore, and i put jean in that place because without the pheonix force, thas where she probably is, and bishop can tap into other mutant's power and get stronger. and legion has vastillusion casting abilities which can destroy storm. and i would like to see a ur list of the mutants heirchy if u think that list is wrong.

DarkCrawler
Bishop can't tap into any other mutants powers. He can only use them if they are fired into him. I can kill Bisho with a gun, he can't absorb the momentum of a bulled fired into him. yOur list is way wrong.

leonheartmm
ok ok, other than bishop, whas so wrong about my list.

Cosmic Cube
Bishop can't tap into any other mutants powers. He can only use them if they are fired into him. I can kill Bisho with a gun, he can't absorb the momentum of a bulled fired into him. yOur list is way wrong.

Bishop can absorb the kinetic energy from a bullet.

Mainstream
Bishop can absorb the kinetic energy from a bullet.

he couldn't absorb the bullet itself though...you mean he could absorb the speed off the bullet right and make it fall before it can harm him?

leonheartmm
yea thas true, he can absorb energy, and is very powerful.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Mainstream
he couldn't absorb the bullet itself though...you mean he could absorb the speed off the bullet right and make it fall before it can harm him?

Exactly. As soon as it hits his skin, the kinetic energy would be stolen, and the bullet would fall harmlessly to the ground.

DarkCrawler
yea thas true, he can absorb energy, and is very powerful.

But he is not one of the 13 most powerful mutants.

Cosmic Cube
But he is not one of the 13 most powerful mutants.

I don't believe he is.

leonheartmm
i said that cause apocalypse also put him into that machine with the twelve mutants of incredible power.

Cosmic Cube
i said that cause apocalypse also put him into that machine with the twelve mutants of incredible power.

Maybe he is. Who were they?

leonheartmm
they were the ones whose power apoc would drain to gain enough power to enter the body of xman, which would give him celestial power level.

DarkCrawler

Other mutants there were also Cyclops, Mikhail Rasputin and Sunfire...hardly the most powerful mutants...

Here is the List:

Bishop
Cable
Cyclops
Iceman (The Classic one, not the current)
Living Monolith
Magneto (Nearly powerless at that time)
Phoenix IV (Jean)
Polaris
Mikhail Rasputin(Had only teleporting power)
Storm
Sunfire
Xavier

Cosmic Cube
they were the ones whose power apoc would drain to gain enough power to enter the body of xman, which would give him celestial power level.

Names? confused

DarkCrawler
Posted them...

Cosmic Cube
Other mutants there were also Cyclops, Mikhail Rasputin and Sunfire...hardly the most powerful mutants...

Here is the List:

Bishop
Cable
Cyclops
Iceman (The Classic one, not the current)
Living Monolith
Magneto (Nearly powerless at that time)
Phoenix IV (Jean)
Polaris
Mikhail Rasputin(Had only teleporting power)
Storm
Sunfire
Xavier

Yeah, that's wrong.

stormfront13
yeah well anyway, the x-men win this

leonheartmm
yeah well anyway, the x-men win this

yeah well they win this only cause of jean grey, and no one else.

FieryBalrog
Yeah, that's wrong.

the Twelve weren't the most powerful mutants, just twelve mutants chosen for various dubious reasons (Jean, Cable and Cyke are on there because they embody the first "family"... Storm, Sunfire etc because they are "elementals"... etc.)

cable doesnt have the virus anymore, and i put jean in that place because without the pheonix force, thas where she probably is, and bishop can tap into other mutant's power and get stronger. and legion has vastillusion casting abilities which can destroy storm. and i would like to see a ur list of the mutants heirchy if u think that list is wrong.

Cable still has the virus. It wouldnt matter whether the PF is affecting Jean or not, Juggs is powerless without Cyttorak, so I guess he was never powerful at all, so what? Bishop is really not that powerful.

leonheartmm
nope cable doesnt have the virus anymore, only the permanently mutated arm and eye.

FieryBalrog
nope cable doesnt have the virus anymore, only the permanently mutated arm and eye.

ah ok, I hadnt read the newer Cable and Deadpool issues. But it says his power levels have greatly diminished because of the baby Phalanx they put in his body.

http://www.mutanthigh.com/cable.html

leonheartmm
baby phalanx?

FieryBalrog
baby phalanx?

phalanx was that techno-organic race from space...

basically, they replaced the virus (which returned after he lost it) with this phalanx thingie as a way of diminishing his powers.

stormfront13
not just cause of jean, others will take people down to i.e storm

leonheartmm
yea, but storm will be beaten by raven, and will definately be beaten by mantis, she cant handle the whole of fouxhound.

stormfront13
she might not be able to, but she will take down a lot of them. and what excatley can raven and mantis do?

leonheartmm
hmmm raven can paralyze her and blast the hell out of her with his machine gun, and mantis can destroy her through telekenesis, raw psionic energy, telepathy, mental botls, read her mind to know her every move, mind control her through telepathy, cast illusions to **** up storm, or cause illusions to exploit her weakness, that is claustrophobia, also he can make shield that can stand her lightning.

stormfront13
i never asked for ways they could try and beat storm, i asked what their powers are. storm is very resistant to even the most powerful of telepaths, and if storms weakness is exploited then she unleashes her powers, that's what she does. only like 2 or 3 times has storm done nothing when she was afraid, out of like 20. her weakness is always being exploited and she is always unleashing her powers when it happens to her. so her weakness is exploited and almost everyone in the vicinity dies

leonheartmm
not really, mantis puts psychic dampers up to shield every one, or he could jusyt stop her mind or just hurt her fatally, with his raw power, killin her.

stormfront13
did you see what happened to her when doom exploited her weakness?? her mind was unreachable, she was causing the entire worldto go into melt-down, her powers were grealty increased due to the emotions she was feeling, and with the way her powers were then she could have used the elements of a cosmic storm. she was literally like dark phoenix in another form, and storm has bypassed pshycic shields before

leonheartmm
yea but she wont be bypassin soul ravens or mantis's raw destructive power.

stormfront13
you still haven't even described their powers

leonheartmm
yes i have, if u had bothered to read the older posts.

DarkCrawler
What if Storm is just going to fry Mantis before he can do anything?

DarkCrawler
hmmm raven can paralyze her and blast the hell out of her with his machine gun, and mantis can destroy her through telekenesis, raw psionic energy, telepathy, mental botls, read her mind to know her every move, mind control her through telepathy, cast illusions to **** up storm, or cause illusions to exploit her weakness, that is claustrophobia, also he can make shield that can stand her lightning.

And yet, he was killed by Snake...

leonheartmm
storm cant fry mantis, mantis is a talapath, hed know what she wa gonna do, and could easily protect himself and kill her, and yes he was killed by snake cause SNAKE IS DA MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>