Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllp

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spartan 117545
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME IF XBOX 360'S CAN PLAY ORIGINAL XBOX GAMES

dave123
I'd be schocked if they couldn't...

SaTsuJiN
They've declared that xbox 360 will only be backwards compatible with select titles... whichever titles microsoft deems worthy will be playable on 360.. at least thats the current story they're dishing out messed

dave123
bollocks

surely it'd be easier to make it COMPLETELY rather than selectively?

SaTsuJiN
thats possible.. I dont know about what it takes to make a system reverse compatible.. but I do know that just having the feature limits the system power (coding and chips on the circuit board being used for the old games, where they could be used to further the architecture for the new technology).

if they did either total backwards compat or selective compat.. I'd hope they'd do what sony had, where you can add more graphics to the old games.. and even have a faster reading speed and so on big grin

Zen2nd
They said all Xbox titles will be playable on the 360

SaTsuJiN
Ah, thats cool.. on the press conference video they said only select titles.. when did they change it?

Zen2nd

Smasandian
Completly different architecture is making it only selectivite games backwards.
They would have to reprogram the game, I think to make it work.
Halo 2 is suppose to be like that.

SaTsuJiN
hehe.. hope the games have a very different feel from their E3 demo counterparts.. cuz the differences from xbox to 360 were fairly subtle in terms of design and approach.. i.e. dead or alive looked the same, but with higher rez stuff attatched.. I was hope it would have somewhat of a different control scheme

SN/\KE E/\TER
yeah it is combatiable with the top sellers so basically halo and halo 2...jk lol

nadja
have u played fable

Smasandian
Sats, Dead Or Alive always looks the same.

darth_royke
how can they only play select titles? will there be some sort of selection process on the hard drive? maybe the pop ldol dwer will be the ones to judge it. if this is true the microsoft are bigger ****'s than i already thought

The Doom Master
yeah bigger ****'s, and smell like ****

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.