Anyone else notice that Jar-Jar untimately killed the Jedi?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Xer0daze
Ok, I searched through the previous posts and I didn't see anything on this...

I watched ATOC again last night and noticed... Jar-Jar killed the Jedi.

When he granted the Chancelor "Emergency Power" He escentially sealed the fate of the entire republic. I just find it curious that the Jedi were so lost in all this... I think they would have been better off to just let Jar-Jar die in TPM...

palpy_666
I've heard this before and have thought about it, but even without Jar Jar... Palpatine was so manipulative that he would've had his way eventually.

Sans_Fi
then... R2 killed the Jedi... if it wasnt beacuse of him, QuiGon will never reach Tatooine, and he wont ever met Anakin.

neo313
OK, you could say that about almost any character in the SW universe. anyone who was manipulated by palpatine is partially responisble (from a certain point of view wink ), meaning anakin, many senators, jar jar, the jedi themselves....

but in reality, palps is the one who did the manipulating, he started the chain of events that led to the empire and the jedi purge- so he should be blamed above anyone else.

neo313
Originally posted by Sans_Fi
then... R2 killed the Jedi... if it wasnt beacuse of him, QuiGon will never reach Tatooine, and he wont ever met Anakin.

yea exactly, you could blame anyone.

JKozzy
Yep.

Lord Tyrant
Who Gave Jar Jar the power to do that?

Falacerjedi
Padme did when she and Anakin left...

kremzike

Lana
Keep in mind Padme voted no confidence in Vallorum, which is how Palpatine wound up being Chancellor to begin with. Basically you could pin the blame on EVERYONE.

JKozzy
Or, just blame Palpatine, since he manipulated everyone. stick out tongue

Darth_Rankkor
Can't you see uncle palp is the good guy? Are you all blind? hahahaha After all he wanted peace... under his rule of course heheheh

Lana
Originally posted by JKozzy
Or, just blame Palpatine, since he manipulated everyone. stick out tongue

But that would be too easy!!! shock

Darth_Rankkor
agreed. blame others for being manipulated :P

seaapple
Well, you can debate about this all you want, but one thing is certain:

Jar-Jar for d**n sure killed the Phantom Menace.

Darth Vegas
Palpatine was a good guy....from a certain point of view.

WindDancer
I blame Watto for betting agaisn't Qui-Gon and letting Anakin go free.

macgeek2005
if Jar-Jar wasn't there, it would have been Padme. Remember? He's representing her.

darkperson
I blame anikans mom for dying. evil face

jerlark386
I blame Lucas.

Crazymaniac
this is ridiculous no offense

matreid
Although Jar- Jar is a moron and played a small role in this scheme without knowing it, he didnt "ultimately destroy the jedi" it was palps and annie.

gentmax
I felt that Lucas did that on purpose for the Irony of how everyone hated Binks, and Binks is the one gave Palps the power.

PVS
Originally posted by macgeek2005
if Jar-Jar wasn't there, it would have been Padme. Remember? He's representing her.

wrong

padme never would have made such a motion, and palpatine knew it.
that was the whole point of first trying to kill her (ep2) and then when that failed, sending her into hiding on naboo. the purpose was so that she would not be present at the senate. then he went to work in manipulating jar jar into believing that the 'emergency powers' vote was something she would have wanted to do.

ArynCrinn

Stunrun
Originally posted by Xer0daze
Ok, I searched through the previous posts and I didn't see anything on this...

I watched ATOC again last night and noticed... Jar-Jar killed the Jedi.

When he granted the Chancelor "Emergency Power" He escentially sealed the fate of the entire republic. I just find it curious that the Jedi were so lost in all this... I think they would have been better off to just let Jar-Jar die in TPM...

Jar Jar quite simply stole the words from Mas Amedda's mouth. No wonder everyone's left this forumno

Hybris
I say that the death of all the Jedi, was 3PO's fault, he bored them all to DEATH! What a terrible way to die, snif...

vader476
........who cares
what happened has happened

Robin Darkside
Palpatine was responsible for everything, he's the sith lord.
All started with the invasion of Naboo, in EP I.

Darth_Rankkor
Thinking of which, it all started when plagueis had palp as an apprenctice hahahahaha. It's his fault

idiot_1185
Well actually whoever had sex to create the great great great great great great great greatgreat greatgreat great great great great great great great great etc. grandfather of palpatine is responsible for the events that transpire.

jainasolo55
i blame all of you big grin

PloKoon Forever
Hey Jar Jar cant be blamed.... palps did it

SithSpy
I blame this forum for not putting stricter rules on who can start threads

Darth Koroni
I blame communism, even though that has hnothing to do with Star Wars.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.