the New Online Star Wars Game.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zatch_Bell
I have heard advertisements about it. they say you can get on anytime and play with anybody from han solo to darth vader it is your choice. They say there is unlimited things you can do in this game.

TraptUnderIce
Galaxies?

Zatch_Bell
I think.

Julie
Probably, I've never tried the game...it sounds like just one more thing to suck up way too much time

Zatch_Bell
It is I'm sure if it a never ending game.

Julie
never ending...see, now that would just annoy me...I'm the type to like closure

Zatch_Bell
Me to I hate those type of games.

Julie
The weird thing is I like tetris and pinball

Zatch_Bell
Old school games huh. I like RPG's. They are fun but they do end eventually.

Julie
Yeah, I've only ever played KOTOR I and KOTOR II but marrowind looked great...no wait, I;ve also played Third age, but that's a weird RPG:-)

Zatch_Bell
Me Final Fantasy.

Julie
I've never played any of them, which is the best, if I were to ever get into them?

Zatch_Bell
7 and up they are all in 3D the rest I haven't played yet.

TraptUnderIce
Galaxies has been out for a while. As for FF, 7 is the best for the original Playstation. The newer ones I'm not a real big fan of. The original 3 and 4 for SNES are my personal favorites even though quite time consuming.

Zatch_Bell
My favorite is 7 but I can't beat it I am stuck.

ShotgunWes
I'm a perfectionist so I HAVE to get all my characters stats maxed out before I even fight the final boss. Vincent turns out to be the strongest in the game, but he is the hardest to build up. So you get what you put in.

P.S I'm talking about FF7

Zatch_Bell
I know I am stuck in the temple of the ancients.

SnakeEyes
Wow, we are talking about Final Fantasy in the Star Wars Forum, in a Star Wars thread...

LordSorgo
Originally posted by TraptUnderIce
Galaxies has been out for a while. As for FF, 7 is the best for the original Playstation. The newer ones I'm not a real big fan of. The original 3 and 4 for SNES are my personal favorites even though quite time consuming.

Yeah! Finally someone who agrees!

FF3 and FF7 are the greatest!

PWNAGE!

Zatch_Bell
I do.

DarthMandalore
that would be galaxies, sounds fun to me, but i don't want to pay for it...

Boris
It was good, well I thought so, but they totally fecked it up a month or so ago.

DarthMandalore
how so?

darth-yoda
KoTOR FF7 KoTOR 2 best rpgs ever and i hate morrowind its terible at the begining you are in a first person view the you can change and its looks crap i hate itso much i got it for 2 for 20 at gamestation i hate it anyway i wanna play galaxies it looks good

Darth Koroni
From what I've heard, mostly from angry reviews on Amazon, the Combat Update managed to suck the remaining life out of Star Wars Galaxies by copy and pasteing data from Everquest.

Zatch_Bell
Anyone can you help me with FF7?

darth plo koon
how can galaxies be a time sucking up thing when there is unlimmited time unless ur gunna die soon plus its the best game ever

Zatch_Bell
OK OK I hear you. You must be a star wars fan.

darth plo koon
well lol this is a star wars forum

Zatch_Bell
I know. We were just saying never ending games aren't are thing. We like closure not something that keeps going and going.

darth plo koon
the only thing i hate about galaxies is you CANT be a kel dor that uis brain cell killing news

Zatch_Bell
well Ok I guess.

darth plo koon
its only end when you become a jedi and do alot of pvp then get bored =)

darth plo koon
c ya im going to another forum

Zatch_Bell
Bye.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Zatch_Bell
I have heard advertisements about it. they say you can get on anytime and play with anybody from han solo to darth vader it is your choice. They say there is unlimited things you can do in this game.
It pretty much sucks. Poor dev support, the CU (combat upgrade) destroyed what once was a thing with prospect, crippling lag (server-side), etc. And playing with Vader and Solo? I've only seen one screenshot with Vader in it and haven't heard a peep about playing with Han.

Becoming a Jedi is extremely time-consuming and difficult, and now much of the player base are either Jedi or BH (Bounty Hunter). The BHs love the fact that they can hunt Padawans for nice cash payouts with little-to-no risk (depending on the pre-Jedi build, of course...which you won't understand unless you do a little research). Jedi are underpowered, it costs millions of credits to get a decent lightsaber, grouping as a Jedi is very difficult (visibility, which gets you on the BH terminals), Jedi lose vast quantities of experience when they die, which takes forever to make up, etc.

Now that I've killed your interest in the game, is there anything you'd like to ask about it?

By the way, this game is far from 'new'. It already has two expansions out.

MTAPlayer
hey zatch bell i got past the temple of ancients but i got stuck lol
i cant manage to beat those weapons around the world the just dont die
i used knight of the round 3 times and that thing dont die, so what? i died

Darth Travizzle
Originally posted by Julie
Probably, I've never tried the game...it sounds like just one more thing to suck up way too much time
Time and money.

Zatch_Bell
Originally posted by MTAPlayer
hey zatch bell i got past the temple of ancients but i got stuck lol
i cant manage to beat those weapons around the world the just dont die
i used knight of the round 3 times and that thing dont die, so what? i died

Where do you get that materia. i havent found it yet.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by FeceMan
Becoming a Jedi is extremely time-consuming and difficult
So they figured it out? I read that the users were too "slow" to figure out how to access the force so they had to dump a walkthrough on them.

Heh, sounds like my crappy level 50 monk > jedi padawans.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.