Welcome To the (Urban) Jungle (Werewolf game)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Next Venom_girl

Next Venom_girl

Next Venom_girl

Trickster
What dowe actually do, though. Choose one set from each?

Like,
Rowan Drijianer
Homid Galliard

Background
Ancestors
Contacts
Pure Breed
Rites
Totem

Gifts
Ignite
Beast Speech

Would it not be best if all the pack was the same tribe?

Trickster
Venom - it would be good if you gave us some description of wha the game is like, what the setting is, things like that.

What the Wyrm is, and the Wyld. All these things - you have to tell us what the game is actually about!

Next Venom_girl

DarkDethbringer
permission did you get?

Next Venom_girl
Ushgarak said "go ahead."

Trickster
So... The story is that the Garou (werewolves) are fighting to preserve the good in the world, as the Weaver (evil) has corrupted the Wyrm (balance) to turn against the Wyld (good). Our characters fight against that, in packs and gangs.

Am I right?

Fire
Something like that.

keiji

Next Venom_girl
The Werewolves focus on the Wyrm as the bad guy, because that is, directly, where most of the things they fight originate. But there are those among the Garou that point out the Weaver is what corrupted the Wyrm in the first place, and thus must also be a force of taint. Red Talons, Wendigo, Stargazers, and many Fenrir have severe distrust of things of the Weaver. Others like the Glasswalkers and the Bone Gnawers say the Weaver can't help it, she's just doing her job and they argue that it's the Wyrms fault, it would have turned anyway.
However these philosophical debates often become a moot point when being faced down by charging hoards of Wyrmspawn.

Character sounds good Keiji. smile

As for totems, I'll start listing them when I see how many people are playing, how many points the pack has, etc. Have to find a totem that everyone has to agrees on or there is disunity within the pack. eek!

keiji
yeah!

when do we start?

Next Venom_girl
I guess when everyone finishes creating their characters. :P

Oh, and with Familiar Spirits, yes, you get to choose what it is. Can be used as a friend, companion, and "Gnosis battery" it can store or lend you more Gnosis in times of need. Though it may become irritant if you do this too often. Though with only 1 point it will be a small and minor spirit. If you ask nicely (and have enough experience points) it may also teach you gifts.

keiji
ok
*sits back and waits in wolf form, looks like a happy wolfhound with tongue hanging out*

keiji

Next Venom_girl
Ok. wink

Trickster
What's Gnosis? I'm still drawn between Galliard and Ragabash. As well as Bone Gnawer and Glasswalker. Advice - does the group need a Ragabash to function - and would a second Galliard be pointless?

Rowan Hoster A.K.A Flicker
Social - High
Physical - Average
Mental - Low

Breed: Homid
Auspice: Galliard
Tribe: Bone Gnawer

Gifts
Ignite
Beast Speech
Speed of the Messenger

Background
Ancestors
Kinfolk - my brother, another Homid
Familiar Spirit (2)
Totem

History
Brought up in a human household, it was only when his older brother changed and his step-father threw him out of the house that Rowan realised something might be amiss between his parents. When his mother finally told him, giving in to days of questioning, he refused to believe her. Until the change took him too. His step-father barred him from his home, and Rowan sought out his older brother.

Now firmly encroached in warehouse gang culture, Disk, his older brother, was heading up his own gang of young werewolves, under the banner of the Street Shogun. Quickly rising through the ranks, Flicker and Disk became inseperable. Then the Shogun - the Garou Rowan had discovered to be his father - was killed in a raid by a rival gang. Rumours circulated about who was responsible, and Rowan, taking his new name of Flicker, slowly formed up his own gang of humans - the Infernos. Disk was heading up his gang, the Third Hill Pirates, and it was only a matter of time before the urges of pack called to him once again.

A raid on his brother's pack by some Glasswalkers spun Flicker into the revenge he was to be famous for. Taking out his gang of humans, he hunted down each of the Garou that participated in the raid and killed them. However, the attempt took the lives of his Infernos and he began to sleep rough.

When he's looking at his best, Flicker cuts a stunning figure. Tall and muscly, he has a deadly smile and the dark aura that attract the prettiest girls. Brown haired and blue-eyed, his face is well shaped, with only one scar. He prefers to wear dark colours.

It is a point of pride that when in Lupus form, his coat is coal black, and his eyes turn to a bright blue. The scar on his cheek was actually gained in this form, and is most visible - a single jagged line down the side of his muzzle.

Next Venom_girl
Awesome character. smile
Kinfolk are mortal (nonwerewolf) relatives (human or wolf) that you are allied with and support you. Ironically, Werewolf relatives are free.
Gnosis is the amount of spiritual energy a werewolf has. It is used for activating Gifts and Fetishes, and may be "fed" to spirits in exchange for favors. Rage and Gnosis cannot be spent at the same time. Silver causes a drain on a werewolf's Gnosis, you loose a point for every silver item you carry. One may regain Gnosis through meditation / focusing on one's spiritual side, by bargaining with spirits, or during the Sacred Hunt, a ritual that takes place during Werewolf moots (i.e. parties / revels with deep spiritual significance) where it is often the custom to hunt down and "kill" a spirit, and if "killed" will surrender it's Gnosis.

Let's see. Stats. Since you got a Homid character, you begin with Gnosis 1.
If you go for Ragabash you start with Rage 1 if you go for Galliard Rage 4
Bone Gnawer is Willpower 4 / Glasswalker is Willpower 3

Packs usually have each of the 5 auspices, however, this is not mandatory. A pack could just as easily have several members of one auspice and still function. Pack develop out of friendship and a shared sense of purpose. While a group doesn't need a Ragabash to function it can get kind of dreary if there is no one around to tell jokes and lighten the mood. Also the Ragabash often acts as a force for self-reflection of the pack, exposing faults and questioning conventional thinking.

Next Venom_girl
Oh and Keiji, just saw your Mentor question. Yeah, you can create / design your own mentor. All you need is a basic idea. Name, breed, auspice, tribe. How did they become interested in you, what do they teach you (i.e. music, spirit rituals, theivery, combat or martial arts, etc), and will they protect you if you get into trouble. Since you got 1 in Mentor, your mentor will only be one level above you, a Mentor of Second Rank. Keep in mind that Mentors don't even have to come from same tribe, auspice, whatever, walk of life as your character. I once had a Get of Fenris character who trained under a Kailindo ("Werewolf Kung-fu" shapeshifting martial arts designed by the Stargazers) master.

feralboy
Name:artims
Social - High
Physical - Average
Mental - Low
breed:Metis
gifts:Create Element,catsfoot,& Heightened Senses
Auspices:Galliard

tribe:Bone Gnawers

Background
Rites:2
Totem:3
3 Gnosis
Ancestors:Mother werewolf. father left.

history: after mother died i was taken in by my human aunt by marrage in LA. there i was loved like i was her own child untill she found out about me 3 years ago. she then put me out and told me if she ever saw my face agine she would shot it clean off with a sivler bullete. when in my form my coat is snow white and eyes a icy blue but when in human blond hair the same icy blue eyes 5 foot 8 119lbs. ~i hope this is right~

Fire
Trickster Gnosis allows you to use special abilities

feralboy
i'll be a Philodox

Fire
what made you change your mind?

feralboy
i don't know. so when can we start

keiji
thinking about a mentor....

Trickster
Fire - you gunna play?

Rowan Hoster A.K.A Flicker
Social - High
Physical - Average
Mental - Low

Breed: Homid
Auspice: Ragabash
Tribe: Bone Gnawer

Gifts
Ignite
Open Seal
Speed of the Messenger

Background
Ancestors
Kinfolk - my brother, another Homid
Familiar Spirit (2)
Totem

History
Brought up in a human household, it was only when his older brother changed and his step-father threw him out of the house that Rowan realised something might be amiss between his parents. When his mother finally told him, giving in to days of questioning, he refused to believe her. Until the change took him too. His step-father barred him from his home, and Rowan sought out his older brother.

Now firmly encroached in warehouse gang culture, Disk, his older brother, was heading up his own gang of young werewolves, under the banner of the Street Shogun. Quickly rising through the ranks, Flicker and Disk became inseperable. Then the Shogun - the Garou Rowan had discovered to be his father - was killed in a raid by a rival gang. Rumours circulated about who was responsible, and Rowan, taking his new name of Flicker, slowly formed up his own gang of humans - the Infernos. Disk was heading up his gang, the Third Hill Pirates, and it was only a matter of time before the urges of pack called to him once again.

A raid on his brother's pack by some Glasswalkers spun Flicker into the revenge he was to be famous for. Taking out his gang of humans, he hunted down each of the Garou that participated in the raid and killed them. However, the attempt took the lives of his Infernos and he began to sleep rough.

When he's looking at his best, Flicker cuts a stunning figure. Tall and muscly, he has a deadly smile and the dark aura that attract the prettiest girls. Brown haired and blue-eyed, his face is well shaped, with only one scar. He prefers to wear dark colours.

It is a point of pride that when in Lupus form, his coat is coal black, and his eyes turn to a bright blue. The scar on his cheek was actually gained in this form, and is most visible - a single jagged line down the side of his muzzle.

Trickster
What sort of forms do Familiar Spirits come in?

Next Venom_girl
Well In werewolf cosmology, everything has a spirit. A Familiar spirit of 1 or 2 would typically small. It often is one of a small animal, but doesn't have to be. Urban Werewolves are just as likely to befriend the spirit of their computer or their motorbike. So, go wild! I knew someone with Familiar Spirit score of 1 who decided theirs would be a parakeet-spirit!

Sounds pretty good, Feraboy. Sounds like you got the Metis idea-- they are often abandoned by their birthparents and dumped onto kinfolk relatives. Though, Metis usually don't learn to shapeshift out of their (wolfman) warform until they are 7 to 9 some prodigies learn to shift as soon as they learned to walk at 1 or 2, so the background of being raised by a clueless Aunt is conceivable. You've just had to keep your true nature hidden all these years. wink
Hate to nitpick, but I believe Catsfeet and Heightened Senses are lupus gifts. You get a Gift from your breed, your auspice and your tribe. So you'd select a Metis Gift, a Philodox Gift, and a Bone Gnawer Gift.

So, do you guys want to start play or do you want to wait for more people? confused

Next Venom_girl
Oh, Feralboy, what's Artims' Derangement / Deformity? (A must have for Metis characters). You get to choose 1. evil face
Sample Derangements / Deformities:
Albino, Blind, Crinos Reflection, Deranged (i.e. Delusions of Gradneur, Ennui, Hallucinations, Manic, Moon-Mad, Multiple Personalities, Obsession, Paranoia, Phagomania), Fits of Madness, Fragile Claws, Deaf, Disfigured, Hairless, Horns or Hooves, Hunchback, Hyperacute Senses, Lame, Monstrous, Mute, No Sense of Smell, No Tail, One Eye, Seizures, Silver Sensitivity, Third Eye, Tough Hide, Wasting Disease, Weak Immune System, Withered Limb, etc.

Trickster
Can it be a supernatural animal - like a Sprite or so on?

Next Venom_girl
Originally posted by Trickster
Can it be a supernatural animal - like a Sprite or so on?
Why Certainly! smile

feralboy
ok i'll be a metis. she has 2 tails

Next Venom_girl
That works. wink

Fire
maybe trickster dunno yet

Next Venom_girl
Hmm.... Someone was asking about totems earlier... well that is something to think about.... Here are a few of the totems available:
Crow, Termite, Cheetah, Cougar, Fly, Gecko, Roadrunner, Rooster, Spider, Wasp, Chameleon, Dog, Dolphin, Dragonfly, Frog, Kanau the Wedge-Tailed Eagle, Merlin, Mongoose, Moodai the Brush-Tailed Opossom, O'Mighty Dolla', Old Man Sea, Old Scratch, Pegasus, Splash, Trash Heap, Twister, Bear, Bison, Boar, East Wind, Ethereal Wind, Fenris, Flying Fox, Fog, Goat, The Great Fire, Hare, Hecate, Iwai the Crocodile, Cat, Lion, Mantis, Mistwolf, The Muses, Nemesis, North Wind, Raccoon, Raccoon Dog, Rat, Raven, Southwind, Westwind, Wyvern, Bull, City Father / Mother, Cockroach, Concrete Crow, Crab, Cuckoo, Dove, Firedrake, Flea, Hyena, Mountain Lion, Mustang, Owl, Echidna, Cheetah, Shadow, Shark, Badger, Camel, Cheshire Cat, Chimera, Coyote, Deer, Eagle, Fox, Grandfather Thunder, Hornet, Jaugar, Loki, Monkey King, Morrigan, Quetzal, Seadrake, Scorpion, Skunk, Sphinx, Uktena, Unicorn, Weasel, Wendigo, Wildcat, Wind, etc.

Trickster
I like the Great Fire or Old Scratch - but what is Old Scratch?

Of course, it's a pack thing.

Well I suggest that unless Fire is playing, we start the game now.

Rowan/Flicker's Familiar Spirit is going to be a Shadow creature.

feralboy
I'LL LIKE THE Cheetah TETOM

Next Venom_girl

Fire
well I'll play in the second half of july no time before that

Next Venom_girl
Okay. smile

feralboy
And the Wendigo,Cheshire Cat, Chimera. jusyt asking so don't snap plz. but can more than one look over a pac

Next Venom_girl

Trickster
Loki, Monkey King, Morrigan, Quetzal?

If I was you, Venom, I'd start a new thread for the actual RP.

keiji
Firedrake!!!!!!!!!!!!

familiar spirit.........basilisk?

menotor...........still thinking.

Next Venom_girl
Basilisk sounds good. But keep in mind it's gonna be a low-powered one. Maybe starting out like a little lizard and grows as you gain experience.

Loki is the firey trickster spirit of Nordic myth. He gives his children an additional health / battle stamina and increases either their physical strength, dexterity, or stamina. However, his children must always accept formal challenges, even from the Wyrm. They also must offer all their battle kills to Loki as a sacrifice.

Monkey King, is another trickster spirit but is also a totem of Wisdom. He grants his children the Gifts Blur of the Milky Eye and Open Seal. Each of his children also find it easy to evade or escape. His children also become fast learners. However, in return Monkey King demands that they never constrict another's freedom. This does not include Wyrm minions, but does include talens, fetishes, dedicated items, etc. If the spirits freely wish to give their service to a Garou, the posession of such an item is permissable. In addition, Monkey King's Children lose Honor renown if they abandon those whom they have befriended or who are within their care.

The Morrigan is revered by the Fianna werewolves and the Corax raven-people. She is the Phantom Queen, the red-haired celtic goddess of Death, Sexuality and War. She appears in triple form with Nemhain (Frenzy) and Badhbh (Raven). A conceiver and destroyer of life; passion and fury follow her wake as she inspires rage and frenzy. A warrior, the Fianna hold her in high stead, and warlike packs howl her name! The chosen of The Morrigan gain Glory renown and are filled with the fury and agility of the legendary celtic warp-warriors (+2 Rage points, not to exceed 10, and increased Physical Dexterity). In addition they never enter Fox frenzy, only Berserk. The Morrigan's children must never flee a battle, constantly attacking and using wrath and fury. They must keep the celtic 'head-hunting' tradition-- chopping off the heads of their greatest foes and embalming them in cedar oil for display.

Quetzal is a proud totem of Respect, but he also delights when his warriors shed blood on the battlefield. His followers learn to be leaders. They also become more handsome / beautiful, learn to be more polite, become skilled with melee weapons and gain Honor renown. They also gain 3 extra Willpower pts per story. Quetzal requires that his packs not shame him by acting rudely or ignobly. He may also demand that they take action to defend his favored home of Central or South America from anyone who would pillage those lands or their people.

Firedrake is a dragon war-totem. He gives his children 4 extra Rage points per story. He also teaches his children the Gift Master of Fire, how to fight, and how to forge and shape metal. But Firedrake, is avaricious. In return for his boons, his children must sacrifice gold to him each month by hurtling it into a potent fire such as a furnace.

Okay, making a RP thread:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=4111168#post4111168

keiji
what would mostlikely be the totem of the Uktena?

keiji
okay! my familiar spirit is a basilisk which looks like a lizard right now.

Next Venom_girl
Uktena typically choose Totems of Wisdom, having to do with Native American legends or dark occult or arcane knowledge. Their totems are often dark but powerful. The Uktena are very powerful but are at high risk of falling to the Wyrm (come to the dark side, muwahah). Though remember pack totems tend to be more personal to said pack then to general tribe.

Uktena the totem is a totem of wisdom. Uktena is a chimerical creature with a pumas front end, a snakes back end and deer antlers. He places a protective ward on each of his children while they are in the Umbra, they can easily take a lot of punishment while in the spirit world. They quickly learn Enigmas, Occult, Rituals, Gifts, or other mystical knowledge. They gain much Wisdom renown, but they find it more difficult to socially interact with werewolves of other tribes other then the Native American Garou, but the Uktena tribe will treat the pack like brothers. Uktena asks that his Children recover mystical lore, objects, and animals from the minions of the Wyrm. (So they may be properly studied.)

keiji
cool! so what are all the totems of wisdom?

Trickster
One of the above, would be my choice. Preferably Loki or Quetzal.

Next Venom_girl
Totems of Wisdom: Uktena, Cheetah, Cheshire Cat, Chimera, Monkey King (Wisdom / Cunning), and Old Scratch. An Uktena might also go with Quetzal or Wendigo since they have origins in the Americas.

keiji
i like these three: Cheshire Cat, Chimera, Old Scratch

Trickster
Well...

What type of pack are we going to be?
An action-orientated pack of beefy gangers, slightly richer upper-class gangsters (like the mafia), or some legal organisation.

Since we are already on the street, I presume we are at least slightly shady. We could of course be a business conglomorate, meeting to conduct under-the-table deals.

Next Venom_girl
Just thinking young (mostly city) cubs. Totem is up to you guys.

Trickster
Ah, but it makes a different. I expect if we are gangers then Wisdom might not be such a good choice.
If we are like physical fighty gangers, with territory and the like, then a more offensive-styled totem would be ideal, but if we are a bit more refined then maybe Loki or another trickster-type totem. If we are conmen, that's definately a good idea.

I doubt Wisdom, since we do appear to be taking orders from someone else. Something that can more directly affect gameplay, I'd reckon.

feralboy
yea

Trickster
Wait...

You didn't say which you'd prefer - what kind of pack are we?

Obviously we are some sort of gang (the knife and the violence), but what kind.

keiji
who's a uktena?
i know i am, but who else?

definately a gang. but there's only three of us.......i'm a theft, and i'm pretty good at distracting ppl.

Trickster
I'm not.

We can be like a rent-a-group. You see gangs of five people, and no doubt we'd have human hangers-on. Family, and the like.

keiji
guess......don't have any family for the RP though.

Next Venom_girl
Chaos is the only Uktena. Flicker and Kitty are Bone Gnawers.
Yeah, probably more along the lines of a totem of War or Cunning.
You'd take orders right now, 'cause your still a young group. When you gain more rank you can be giving the orders. But right now, you're still learning about the werewolf world. There's just the 3 of you in the pack right now, but Trickster's right, you could have kinfolk gang buddies or allies or contacts with local gangs.

Trickster
I'd prefer Loki.
But Quetzal and Monkey King are okay too - I expect not Monkey King, though.

Firedrake would be okay, if our group is all about the fighting.

keiji
don't really care

feralboy
me also

Next Venom_girl
Then you guys are cool with Loki? confused

keiji
fine by me.....he doesn't require stuff like getting rid of FS, that make me happy.

feralboy
i'm cool

FlyFree
erm hi???

feralboy
hi

keiji
wanna join?

Next Venom_girl
Hi.

Preciousdagger
I dont want to be a werewolf but could it be possible that I could be a human

keiji
is that allowed, venom?

Next Venom_girl
Sure? You want to play a regular mortal or kinfolk?

Preciousdagger
It doesnt matter as long as I can be part of the storyline.

Next Venom_girl
Look at regular character creation rules only you don't have to worry about breed or auspice (since you're human). If you're playing a kinfolk list what tribe / tribes you're related to. If you play kinfolk you actually see a werewolf and know what they are. Normal mortals for the most part won't remember if they see a werewolf in their warform. (Unless you want to play an antagonist such as a werewolf Hunter). Kinfolk (that know about their relatives) may have a Gift from related tribe and may know a few low level rites.

Preciousdagger
Ok just to add some spice to the story I think I want to be a wolf hunter.

punkrocker666

punkrocker666

punkrocker666

punkrocker666

Next Venom_girl
Preciousdagger: Okay, just right up a character bio / history including why you want to hunt wolves (the wolf hunter is just after wolves and would have no idea what he / she was getting into, unlikely to find in L.A.) / werewolves (this type of hunter knows there are werewolves around but just sees them as senseless monsters, not as the world's protectors, and feel it is their duty to humankind to exterminate them before they kill or infect anyone else) and what brings you to L.A. Do you have a personal grievence against the werewolves (in general or one of the other Player Characters in particular?) or do you see hunting them as a duty to protect people from them. Do you have another job? Silver bullets can get expensive. Look at nonsupernatural backgrounds (allies, contacts, resources, etc)

Punkrocker666: Okay, anime pics, cool. Does that mean you want to make a character or are you just spamming?

Trickster
Dude, don't spam.

We get a hunter, awesome.

keiji
Originally posted by Trickster
Dude, don't spam.

We get a hunter, awesome.
whoa! hunter?

Trickster
Originally posted by Preciousdagger
Ok just to add some spice to the story I think I want to be a wolf hunter.

Preciousdagger
Name:Karen Hunter (Isnt that ironic?)
Race:Human
Background- Her family were legenday shamans but were massacred when she was younger and before she could learn what she truly was. She would always have nightmares about what happened to her family until one day when she was about 14 a mysterious man appeared to her and told her the truth about what happened to her family and that they were slaughtered by werewolves. He then offered to help her exact her revenge and she has been training in various martial arts ever since until recently when she was informed that werewolves had surfaced to L.A. some strings were pulled and now she is currently with the L.A.P.D but she isnt looking for petty criminals she's looking for the monsters that murdered her family or so she thinks.

How is that? I can change it if needed.

keiji
Name:Karen Hunter (Isnt that ironic?)
Race:Human
Background- Her family were legenday shamans but were massacred when she was younger and before she could learn what she truly was. She would always have nightmares about what happened to her family until one day when she was about 14 a mysterious man appeared to her and told her the truth about what happened to her family and that they were slaughtered by werewolves. He then offered to help her exact her revenge and she has been training in various martial arts ever since until recently when she was informed that werewolves had surfaced to L.A. some strings were pulled and now she is currently with the L.A.P.D but she isnt looking for petty criminals she's looking for the monsters that murdered her family or so she thinks.

How is that? I can change it if needed.
oh! hi! welcome to the world of werewolves!

angel_wings2010
((may i join this rp as well?))

Preciousdagger
Hi I look to forward to working for all of you. Right now I'm just waiting for the ok of my profile.

feralboy
yes you may join also

angel_wings2010
((thank you))

feralboy
sure

Next Venom_girl
Great background Preciousdagger.
Were you thinking of ambushing the other players while they slept or were you planning to pick them off one by one. Right now we got "rest time" in game. evil face

Welcome, Angel Wings, just make a character and we'll work you in.

Preciousdagger
Well actually I was going to wait for them to go somewhere public and I was gonna track one of them there.

Next Venom_girl
The pack's headed for Big 5 Sporting Goods soon. evil face

Preciousdagger
Ok I'll try an work myself in then

keiji
Originally posted by Next Venom_girl
The pack's headed for Big 5 Sporting Goods soon. evil face
we are? oh yeah! we are!

feralboy
is ralph good or bad and is he a one time char

Next Venom_girl
He's a good guy. Don't know, I guess it depends if he's needed... wink

feralboy
k

Trickster
Ok I'll try an work myself in then

Go to the sporting goods place!

DanieLs_4_Ever
Name: Saruh(Pernounced Sar-ruh; not Sarah)
Physical:
Out of form: Well if you'd ever seen a St Bernard you'd knwo what I look like. Long brown coat of hair on top, white on the bottom. Black eyes. Lovely expression.
In Form: Long black thin coat of hair on top, and underneath grey and white. One blue eye, one black. Long snout, with a mouth full of gaping teeth.
Mental: Saruh is a nice companion, loyal, and caring.
breed: Lupus
dog form: St Bernard
Auspices: Theurge
tribe: Black Furies
gifts: Mother's Touch,Find Water,Song Of The Seasons

riku harada
nice ta meet ya!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.