It should have been Yoda... speaking to Anakin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vanquish
When Anakin was called before the council and they accept him as a council member, it definitely should have been Yoda speaking to Anakin.

Windu says it with such arrogance and snide when he tells Anakin that they do not grant him the title of Master. It's almost as if inside he is smiling about it. I think that more then anything was what pissed Anakin off. If it was Yoda, it would have all been fine. He would have said something that make Anakin proud of his acheivement of being on the council, and not care so much about the title of Master.

Yoda: "proud we are of you, young Skywalker. A member of the Jedi council you are."

Anakin: "thank you master Yoda, it is a great honour."

Yoda: "The youngest member of the council you are, but ready to be a master you are not. In time, a great Jedi master you will be. Patience young skywalker, patience... Now side down next to me and spark up that Thai stick will ya." smile

If it went down that way, Anakin would be a lot more trusting of the council, and he would feel the master title is not important.

PVS
...What the f**k?

Red Superfly
Yeah Windu was a harsh piece of shit.

All it took was someone to say: "Anakin, you're obviously gonna be Master, I'd say the best of us all, but right now you are only just realising your power. With patience, you will be the greatest Jedi ever"

But then again, thats the whole point of the Jedi failure. They were blind and too old-school to even comprehend Anakin's predicament.

Windu was way too over confident in his own abilities. He failed Skywalker just as much as Obi-Wan did.

Poor Obi-Wan, he gets the blame for Anakins turn, when he was actually the most sympathetic towards Anakin, and it was the Jedi like Windu who were undoing all of Obi-Wans hard work.

DenKi
Extremely Nice thread, Its true tho..

Dresta
yeah windu really didn't like anakin for some reason he was always rude to him even in Phantom Menace

chilled monkey
Windu had Anakin's number. He wasn't fooled by the 'sweet little boy', he saw his true colurs.

Fishy
Windu just believed Anakin was to old and he didn't believe in that chosen one prophecy crap either. He didn't see Anakin as anything but a possibly powerful boy that would more likely turn out to be a danger. He probably thought that being strict on him would help, it didn't of course.

Red Superfly
lol, Windu is teh n00b!

SpyCspider
hahaha figured they'd get Samuel Jackson to play an *******.....fit so perfectly.

Yea, sometimes I wonder how come Yoda doesn't speak up. I think he's simply....tired of all the nonsense, the war, Jedis being killed, political strife, etc. He probably feels the need to meditate more than anything. I also wonder whether Mace sometimes feels like he needs to be more aggressive so not to be under Yoda's shadow. He's like the Lieutenant-2nd in command that the troops dont' really like.and fear....while Yoda's the Captain that the troops respect.

Red Superfly
He's like the strict teacher everyone hates at school.

Everyone has one, why should Anakin be any different?

Anakin just did what everyone always wanted to do to their most hated teacher; take a lightsaber and cut him.

We've all been there. Most of you American kids kill your teachers all the time evil face

DenKi
Thats Funny actually, in American they really do that....................

MistaMandalore
Seriously...he's a Jedi Knight, the Chosen one and made a member of the Jedi council. He shouldn't have to be 'coddled'. Anakin is way to arrogant. If they had made him a master he would've been bitching about not being allowed to have Yoda's chair.

Darth Travizzle
Ya personaly I hated Windu. Yoda would have been perfect for the scene. However, if Windu hadn't pissed him off he might not have gone to the Darkside. Because he didn't just go to the Darkside because of Padme. He also thought the Jedi Council was holding him back.

Dresta
don't blame mace for anakin being an arrogant little brat who thinks he's above everyone else. it was right for mace to put him in his place

ShotgunWes
Nope. Mace has always been overly harsh to him. Remember how harsh he was to Anakin in Eps I, Anakin was only 10 at the time. Mace needed to get a reality check, and I'm glad Anakin was the one to give it to him. I think Mace was jealous of Anakin really.

Dresta
no mace could just see that anakin was dangerous and that's why he didn't want him trained and if u think about it u will see that it would hav been better for the jedi if they had listened to windu and not trained anakin he was too old!!

palpy_666
Originally posted by Dresta
no mace could just see that anakin was dangerous and that's why he didn't want him trained and if u think about it u will see that it would hav been better for the jedi if they had listened to windu and not trained anakin he was too old!!

I completely agree.

Ogami Itto
Originally posted by MistaMandalore
Seriously...he's a Jedi Knight, the Chosen one and made a member of the Jedi council. He shouldn't have to be 'coddled'. Anakin is way to arrogant. If they had made him a master he would've been bitching about not being allowed to have Yoda's chair.

LOL laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Delta 62
All Anakin wanted was for someone to tell him they were proud of him and appreciate what he's done. They all treated him like a was a child, talked smack on him..the only ones who were ever really nice to him was of course Obi - and Anakin still wanted more from him - and the Chancellor.

Ogami Itto
jedi shouldn't give a rats ass about appreciation or people being proud of them! A real jedi does good and expects NO THANKS!! imo

macgeek2005
In the book, he needs the rank of master to be able to access different librarys of information and stuff, and find out about the dreams he's having, and how to prevent them from coming real.

Altar[1stONE]
mace is just the embodiment of one of those arrogant jedi asses the sith are always talking about. he was made this way from episode 1, especially with his over confident form VII. God i hate the way this guy thinks hes the best mutha ****a around.

Stunrun
Originally posted by Vanquish
When Anakin was called before the council and they accept him as a council member, it definitely should have been Yoda speaking to Anakin.

Windu says it with such arrogance and snide when he tells Anakin that they do not grant him the title of Master. It's almost as if inside he is smiling about it. I think that more then anything was what pissed Anakin off. If it was Yoda, it would have all been fine. He would have said something that make Anakin proud of his acheivement of being on the council, and not care so much about the title of Master.

Yoda: "proud we are of you, young Skywalker. A member of the Jedi council you are."

Anakin: "thank you master Yoda, it is a great honour."

Yoda: "The youngest member of the council you are, but ready to be a master you are not. In time, a great Jedi master you will be. Patience young skywalker, patience... Now side down next to me and spark up that Thai stick will ya." smile

If it went down that way, Anakin would be a lot more trusting of the council, and he would feel the master title is not important.

That would make an instant Disney classic im sure yes

laughinglaughinglaughing

Dresta
Originally posted by Altar
mace is just the embodiment of one of those arrogant jedi asses the sith are always talking about. he was made this way from episode 1, especially with his over confident form VII. God i hate the way this guy thinks hes the best mutha ****a around.

what are u talking about mace is pretty much the perfect jedi, he never loses his temper, he's never afraid etc.

u all need to stop defending anakin he's just a arrogant brat. palps saw this so he knew he could easily be turned to the darkside. Also Anakin seemed to think that everyone was working against him when in fact they were trying to help him, even mace.

Darth_Rankkor
I agree. Anakin is the kind of brat that has every and single toy but still craves others toys. Even I agree that at some points they coul handle him differently but, the main issue here is simple: Anakin's a spoiled brat and all that happened to him, it's his own fault.

koolruningz
Yeah I've got to side with Mace on this one. A Jedi doesn't crave praise and this is why it was easy for Palpatine to work his magic.
Mace had to be harsh on Anakin for the sake of the story, when it was time for Anakin to make a choice he had the master who had boosted his ego and kissed his ass or the master who was hard on him and told him the truth even if he didn't want to hear it.
I agree Mace was hard on him but maybe it was to make him a better Jedi, they all knew he had the potential but he craved things that Jedi shouldn't.
Sure Yoda would have been nicer to Anakin but he comes across as a gentler character, Mace is a hard ass. Anakin should have just got on with his job and excepted his role like the rest of the lower ranked Jedi. If Obi Wan had spoken to Mace like Anakin did in ROTS he would have been told to "take a seat" to. I think Mace was more pissed at the fact that Palpatine had appointed Anakin to the Council instead of the Council themselves.

Darth Travizzle
I still hate Windu, I don't care what anyone else says.

koolruningz
Nothing wrong with having your own opinions.

Xam
pffff windu thinks he gangsta juss cuz he black

koolruningz
Yeah there are soooo many black gangsters, Al Capone, John Gotti the list is endless.

green dude
Vanquish nice thread big grin i know that was kinda dum they a least give him some incouragement

like "we can't make you Master cuz you havn't reached your full poteical and when you are master which will be very soon and you will be the youngest and one of the strongest Masters"

Cuz that would help he wouldn't be frustrated or anythin but yet i say agian no sequals

Deadlyshot07
I think that Windu is a good Master and was only being strict with Anakin because he wanted Anakin to turn out to be a strong and wise jedi.

darthhova
windu got what he deserved

jabbar
Originally posted by Ogami Itto
jedi shouldn't give a rats ass about appreciation or people being proud of them! A real jedi does good and expects NO THANKS!! imo

But isn't it human (or "intelligent being"wink nature to want praise and appreciation for your deeds? Do Jedi use their mastery of the Force to suppress such needs?

darthhova
windu contradicted the whole jedi premise. cuz he was so arrogant, and it seemed he had a chip on his shoulder, i'm not suprised he didn't turn

Cybervader
Originally posted by Dresta
yeah windu really didn't like anakin for some reason he was always rude to him even in Phantom Menace

True..Mace windu did not seem to like anakin pretty much,even though it was clear he knew he was indeed the Chosen One.

But come to think of it..did anyone, any jedi, really did like anakin?

But i thought killing is not the jedi way..didn't windu detached jango's head in AoTC? He's not the most exemplary jedi huh..

Hybris
killing isn't forbidden, it's just killing a unarmed enemy that may not be killed...

LordSorgo
Mace is the primary reason for the building of Darth Vader. First he lets Anakin off the Council blunt and harshly, then he does not let him come to arrest Palpatine...

Mace is a b!tch and he deserved to get his shit chopped.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.