Rogue vs thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ThaWhiteShadow
Discuss

Draco69
Current Rogue would get her ass kicked. Classic Rogue is more likely to win do to her aerial advantage and of course her absorption powers. She won before. She can do it again.

who?-kid
Rogue (classic one).

She can even take on the Hulk imo.

stormfront13
classic rogue wins easy current rgue loses badly, and upgraded rogue wins w/out breaking a sweat

Zahit
oh yeah, what about pre-crisis ben grimm.....?

Mainstream
our super Namek Rogue

Zahit
personally i think Thing would beat even classic Rogue.
she got knocked out by trying a flying attack against Titania.
Thing has fought countless people who could fly and were super-strong.
She'd win if she got a got hold of him with her skin....
but he'd probably knock her good or apply a wrestling maneuver on
her and break something of hers....

Xplosive
Originally posted by who?-kid

She can even take on the Hulk imo.

Not a chance.

sbo
Thing will get pounded into gravel. Rogue already kicked his craggy ass, and pretty quickly at that.

ThaWhiteShadow
anyone have pics of her beating thing, not that i dont beleive u, i just wanna see it

Zahit
Originally posted by sbo
Thing will get pounded into gravel. Rogue already kicked his craggy ass, and pretty quickly at that.
prove it.
what issue?
prove it or (judging by your avatar) you're just a rogue-fanatic.

GalacticStorm
"she got knocked out by trying a flying attack against Titania."

She wasnt knocked out. She got knocked back and that was it.

"anyone have pics of her beating thing, not that i dont beleive u, i just wanna see it"

Yeah i wouldnt mind seeing this to.

Draco69
I think it was X-Men vs. FF4 crossover. Rogue absorped his powers. She looked all craggy looking. Go to uncannyxmen.net, then to Rogue's bio, then to her absorption list. They have the details.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Zahit
prove it.
what issue?
prove it or (judging by your avatar) you're just a rogue-fanatic.

No need to suddenly get insulting. Just chill smokin'

Zahit
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
No need to suddenly get insulting. Just chill smokin'
I am chill.
I'm also used to people outright lying about things here.
I'm an avid fan of Marvel comics and I don't remember ANY
fights between Thing and Rogue.
If he read one, then he should show it instead of just telling us.
I wouldn't just come out and say "Thing kicked Rogue's butt"
without providing some details.....

Draco69
Fantastic Four vs. The X-Men #2

sbo
Originally posted by Zahit
I am chill.
I'm also used to people outright lying about things here.
I'm an avid fan of Marvel comics and I don't remember ANY
fights between Thing and Rogue.
If he read one, then he should show it instead of just telling us.
I wouldn't just come out and say "Thing kicked Rogue's butt"
without providing some details.....

Just because you don't remember it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

I never read anywhere on this forum that it was mandatory to bring evidence when you're going to debate.

Anyway, as Draco already stated you can go look it up for yourself in the X-men fantastic 4 crossover.

Zahit
now that's more like it. cool

now, i know she can absorb him and take him out,
but did she do it while facing him one-on-one,
or was this something she did while he was pre-occupied or something?

Draco69
One-on-One. Rogue knew she was outmatched in strength so she said it was time to take of the kidsgloves...literally.

Zahit
aawww, thing probably thought she was cute and let her "touch" him....

wouldn't you?

DigiMark007
Shouldn't he be able to just whale her face in before she touches him? Just because she broke even and/or beat him once doesn't mean that's how it'd go every time. Before I knew about the comic-fight, I would have voted Thing. With the new info, I'm torn, but I really think Thing would still win 7/10. He's a damn good fighter, and if he gets a hit in before she absorbs his powers, she's toast. The absorbtion only lasts so long anyway. In the end, I think Thing wins.

-DM

sbo
If he punched her in the face he'd still activate her absorption power. He'd be better off trying to slug her in the stomach or someplace that's normally covered by her costume.

But Rogue's proven she can take quite a pounding, and she can give one too. Add to that her advantages in the flight and speed dept. and she's got Thing beat.

Zahit
Thing's just too distracted by her breastseses.....

Tony Stark
Rogue is extremely overmatched, The THING dominates her and she's down before she knows it, and in La La land. She can fly and absorbs powers for a short period of time and she's semi-strong. 40-60 tons compared to Ben's 85-100+ tons. Ben's too great of a fighter. Rogue is small time to him.

Ben is a winner 9/10 one on one.

IMO

stormfront13
well the smart thing for rogue to do would rip all of her costume so that she was wearing a bikini type thing so that whatever he does he touches her.

Mainstream
Originally posted by stormfront13
well the smart thing for rogue to do would rip all of her costume so that she was wearing a bikini type thing so that whatever he does he touches her. Rogue in a two piece...everyone wins perv

Creshosk
Originally posted by stormfront13
well the smart thing for rogue to do would rip all of her costume so that she was wearing a bikini type thing so that whatever he does he touches her. She also gets a distraction bonus against males of her species that can precevie the normal visable spectrum. . .

black wolverine
i dont think rogue can absorb the thing she couldnt absorb juggernaut because he was to powerful same thing with

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by black wolverine
i dont think rogue can absorb the thing she couldnt absorb juggernaut because he was to powerful same thing with

Dont go by the cartoon. Its portrayal of the characters and their abilities is very inaccurate. Also Thing would not be too powerful for rogue to absorb. The mans just class 85. Shes absorbed she hulk with no prob before and at the time she was class 75.

Draco69
She already did. And she absorbed Thor, Mephisto...

Juggernaut she did too. Although she had a negative backlash.

black wolverine
ok but in the episode juggernaut was unharmed he said that tickles

Draco69
That's the cartoon. It's like saying Rogue doesn't have super-strength by quoting the movies.

black wolverine
ok when u put it that way

geese
thing would win,
too experienced

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Rogue is extremely overmatched, The THING dominates her and she's down before she knows it, and in La La land. She can fly and absorbs powers for a short period of time and she's semi-strong. 40-60 tons compared to Ben's 85-100+ tons. Ben's too great of a fighter. Rogue is small time to him.

Ben is a winner 9/10 one on one.

IMO

so thats why Rogue beat him 1 on 1?

By the way, she cant fly anymore, and she doesnt have superstrength. Those werent her original powers anyway, her only native powers are absorption. Times change.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by FieryBalrog
so thats why Rogue beat him 1 on 1?

By the way, she cant fly anymore, and she doesnt have superstrength. Those werent her original powers anyway, her only native powers are absorption. Times change.

Even more of a reason Rogue can't compete.

I'll have to check the cross over again if that's where your coming up her being 1 to 0 wins solo against Ben.

Because i don't remember them actually going toe to toe.

cool

Wonder Man
Rogue with absorbtion powers and the permenant steal of flight inv and strength pluse a dual alien mind.
That Rouge. Thing might turn back to Grimm. while rogue decided to go bake some bread in her new oven.
Seriously. She can pretty much stand up to telepaths.
I doubt that the Things near 100 ton strength would slow her down.
She just absorbs and moves forward.
That's her style.
I fig. that's why Wolvie likes her so muuuch

Grimm22
Rouge's only chance in this fight is to absorb Ben's powers.

Other than that she dosent have a chance.

Can you say Thunder Clap wink

Tassadar
The longer the fight lasts, the more likely the fight goes to Rogue, which is why Ben would try to end it quick, hes not stupid

who?-kid
Originally posted by Grimm22
Rouge's only chance in this fight is to absorb Ben's powers.

Other than that she dosent have a chance.

Can you say Thunder Clap wink
You know that (classic) Rogue had some kind of spider-sense ? That she is much faster than Thing ? That she can fly ? That her strength is at least Class 50 ? And that though she's not invulnerable, her durability still is close to that of Thing ?

Versatility goes all the way to Rogue. Thing is only a bit stronger, but it wouldn't help him when she absorbs his powers. She can use the same trick as the last time she beat him (with ease) : she kissed him, and a second later, he was already weakening.

Thing can beat her, but in such a way he never touches her. He'll really have to use his brains.

Rogue 7/10.

Metalmanx
Classic Rogue would, in my opinion, stomp Thing. Class 50 strength (yes, I know Thing is anywhere between Clas 85-100 now), super reflexes, SUPER-SONIC SPEED (which apparently many of you have forgotten), her uber-durability, FLIGHT, absorbing powers...and yes, as well as her rarely-talked-about "sixth sense" that enables her, in a way, to predict an opponent's moves.

If this is Classic Rogue, Thing goes down hard. 8/10.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.