SPOILERS Obi-Wan's Lightsaber???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
I saw the hi-res pics of Ob1 and Mace at RC's site, and I noticed something about his lightsaber. He uses the same one that he lost in the pit during the duel with Maul. He killed Maul with Qui-Gon's saber while his own saber clunked down the pit. But in Ep. II he uses the same lightsaber he lost.

Am I missing somethin here? confused

jedi fernando
if its green it doesnt mean its the same one, there was not only a green sabre in the whole republic

Jedi Mercenary
it's blue. stick out tongue

ToMacco
That confused me too, Rex. It is the same one.

finti
you know after the battle with Maul obi had time to retrive his own saber

queeq
Maybe he just made a new one, looking exactly the same.

Oh, and OB1 looses his sabre in this film too. Just like Anakin. During teh fight with Dooku they both have borrowed sabres.

Emperor Helmet
It isn't the same saber. The one in AOTC has a very shiny chrome finish, and the buttons and knobs are different. Even though they are the same basic design, they aren't the same. There are differences, mnay actually.

queeq
I figured as much. I saw a pic of it a long time ago and it did look very similar but not the same.

Darth Ninja
The Attack of the Clones Scrapbook clearly states that OBi-Wan built a new (blue) lightsaber while Anakin has a green lightsaber. What happened to QGJ's green lightsaber? Anakin's is not quite the same as QGJ's. Also, doesn't Anakin built a blue lightsaber, which is eventually is given to Luke by Ben in SW4: ANH

"You father wanted you to have this."

"What is it?"

"Father's lightsaber."

Emperor Helmet
Anakin's lightsaber isn't green, it's blue.

queeq
It is.

And Anakin's sabre gets cut in half in this film, so I guess he builds a new one which becomes the one Luke gets. OB1 looses his one again, so he may build his ANH sabre as well between II and III.

Darth Ninja
Then where's Qui-Gon Jinn's green bladed lightsaber? confused

Darth Ninja
Then where's Qui-Gon Jinn's green bladed lightsaber? confused

Emperor Helmet
It was burned along with him.

queeq
Hmmmm, maybe yes.... Dunno really. Doesn't matter anyway. A Jedi should have his own self-made sabre.

Emperor Helmet
That saber will never be seen again.

queeq
If you say so.

Emperor Helmet
True.

laughing out loud

queeq
Helmet appears to be an alias to either Lucas or McCallum...

Emperor Helmet
Hmmmmm. rolling on floor laughing

queeq
But then.... THEY did seem to have manners. wink

Captain REX
laughing out loud

Well, the AOTC scrapbook is messed up then. Anakin and Ob1 both have blue lightsabers. In AOTC, Ob1's lightsaber is the same model used in TPM, but they made it look different with the stupid buttons and knobs. Lame. That or he retrieved it, but then he would have to find a way down that shaft.

Anakin's lightsaber is actually, if you take a good look, the one that we see in ANH. Or similar too it.

What, is GL too lazy to make one and his excuse is that Jedi make the same lightsaber design over and over? Ob1 has a different lightsaber in ANH, so I think he should have that one.

queeq
He will, he looses this one again...

Weird, eh? Jedi seem to be doing a lot of loosing their sabres in the PT.

yerssot
not to mention there hands/arms!!!

Emperor Helmet
The saber Anakin uses is exactly like Vader's but with a silver emitter end, while Vader's was black.

It wasn't the same as Luke's in ANH.

queeq
And that's the one we're looking for here.

Captain REX
GL's making ideas again... roll eyes (sarcastic)

queeq
He better. He has one more film to do.

Emperor Helmet
Yoda's saber looks more like Luke's than Vader's does.

Pianoman
What color is Yoda's lightsaber again?

Bantha Fodder
Man I've seen some lame threads, but this is top for sure!

If you're walking down the street and see someone driving a car, same make and model as yours, same color....do you conclude that they STOLE your car and are driving your's and only yours? Uh, no.

With thousands of Jedi, it is entirely possible that light sabers are mass produced and thus not each one would be entirely unique. Of course there is Mace Windu's pimped-out purple lightsaber electroplated in 24 carat gold...but there are also other sabers that look alike.

Furthermore, WHO GIVES A RAT'S ASS!!!

My GOD you fanboys talk about the most vacuous subjects at times! It's amazing that when faced with a movie that is nowhere near the OT in terms of story and plot, your discussion of it disintegrates into pedantic babble about whether Obi-Wan picked up his lightsaber after hacking up Darth Maul! What's next? Are you going to figure out how Jedi go to the bathroom with all those flowing robes? Here's a good one: What happened to Darth Maul's light saber??? Did someone pick it up and fix it? Did the Jedi simply leave it with Maul's gory corpse, out in the open for some unsuspecting teenage fanboy to pick up and unwittingly poke his eyes out?

The horror! The horror!!

yerssot
fanboys? you know what they are?

and meanwhile... massproduction? proof it!

peluffo
Then don't post here confused

finti
Bantha Fodder if you dont like the discussion butt out of it then, and if you want to be sarcastic some humor would do, cause if you want to know what lame is take a look at your own posting. roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

Emperor Helmet
Green

yerssot
and we already have lots of pics about it, including a nice short film where he battles "someone"...
how old is that quote Emp? thought it would be basic knowledge, even for the none-spoiled ones

Darth Mulover
When Obi Wan uses QGJ's sabre to destroy Darth Maul, (a green one), is it not possible that Obi Wan keeps his masters light Sabre, and builds himself a new one, to remind him of Quigon confused

LanceWindu
I don't know, that could be possible. Like he builds a whole new one but keeps Qui-Gons as a spare?

queeq
Well, Bantha Fodder, it IS not lame and I suggest you refrain from such unappropriate bashing.
For one, we have not yet seen one, I repeat ONE, sabre that looked identical to another one. We have reason to believe, although this is mainly EU, that building your own personal lightsabre is an essential part of the training. Therefore they ARE handmade and unique.
It has also been suggested that apprentices make their sabres after the fashion of their master's. The design similarities between OB1's sabre and Qui-Gon's are illustrative of this. Yet, they are not identical.
The same goes for Luke's sabre in ROTJ, it looks a lot like OB1's in ANH.
So, since the sabres appear to be unique, it is interesting to see where the ANH sabres appear.

Emperor Helmet
I think it is quite obvious when they appear. In ANH.

queeq
That wouldn't work. OB1 gives Luke a sabre he says once belonged to Anakin. To tie up the saga I think we need to see that one sooner or later.

Emperor Helmet
We'll probably see it in EP.3.

queeq
we better.

Captain REX
What I ment to say earlier was "GL's having lame ideas again..."

So that means that Ob1 will have to have a new lightsaber in Ep. III. Anakin too. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mujaffa
anakins saber get's destroyed... so he gets a new one while fighting in the arena

queeq
They BORROW one, the other Jedi give them sabres. I'm sure they'll make new ones that are their own.

Emperor Helmet
They'll both have new ones. Ewan may or may not have his ANH saber. He may lose the one from Episode III. Ewan was allowed to choose his saber style, Hayden wasn't. We'll see if that holds true again. Don't worry Lucas knows about the sabers, he isn't going to screw it up.

queeq
He better not.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.