Galactus vs. Ego, the living Planet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Betageuze
who will win this encounter... i know not much about Ego...

DigiMark007
Galactus's job is to devour and destroy planets. But somehow I don't think this would be that easy.

There's precedents for this. They've fought at least once. And while Big G wasn't able to kill Ego, he outsmarted him (once he attached a weird giant engine onto Ego so that he couldn't control his movements).

My thought is that a full-powered G would destroy Ego, but otherwise it'd be a stalemate.

-DM

Mider
Gladiator beating Ego was bad writing i mean yeah i guess you can excuse Ego losing cause of Thor and the like i mean He probably has the weaknesses of a planet and the like.

DigiMark007
Gladiator beating Ego for a little while was crap. Think about this. Ego can create hundreds of Class 100+ fighters out of himself. In theory he should destroy Glads. How they want to say Gladiator was going to kill him when they've had Ego almost overpowering Galactus and not exactly 'losing' to him, I can't understand...one of them has to be wrong, and my money's on the Gladiator incident.

-DM

DigiMark007
Oh, and here's a great pic for this thread...

Dizzle
Big G isn't lookin all that big...

kgkg
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Oh, and here's a great pic for this thread...
ill picture smile

G wins

LordFear
Ego will lose but Galactus needs to use cunning and not just power to best him

radioboy121
Originally posted by DigiMark007
There's precedents for this. They've fought at least once. And while Big G wasn't able to kill Ego, he outsmarted him (once he attached a weird giant engine onto Ego so that he couldn't control his movements).

Silver Surfer used that device when he was stuck on Ego to move him towards the sun in which he panicked and let him go. Apparently Ego is not durable enough to handle the heat.

As to the battle, Galactus the advantage. Ego was given a headache and couldn't do anything when a Celestial occupied him (of course in Exiles, he was able to keep 2 at bay).

LordFear
Originally posted by radioboy121
Silver Surfer used that device when he was stuck on Ego to move him towards the sun in which he panicked and let him go. Apparently Ego is not durable enough to handle the heat.

As to the battle, Galactus the advantage. Ego was given a headache and couldn't do anything when a Celestial occupied him (of course in Exiles, he was able to keep 2 at bay).

Yeah but in Ego's defense, how many beings can fight a Celestrial?
In the Heroes Reborn issues, those Celestrials were beings similar to GOd. They operate on an unknown level. They create and destroy worlds as they please. There no freakin' joke!!!

radioboy121
Originally posted by LordFear
Yeah but in Ego's defense, how many beings can fight a Celestrial?
In the Heroes Reborn issues, those Celestrials were beings similar to GOd. They operate on an unknown level. They create and destroy worlds as they please. There no freakin' joke!!!

I agree to a certain extent of what you're saying that they are intimidating (just on their size alone), but actually they don't necessarily go around destroying worlds (heck, Silver Surfer and the like have the power for that) and only one really takes a part in mass manipulations on any given world (the others seem to do smaller scale manipulations). But still, Ego could do nothing to one and of course there was that incident when the Kree was able to get ahold of him for their purpose too.

LordFear
Originally posted by radioboy121
I agree to a certain extent of what you're saying that they are intimidating (just on their size alone), but actually they don't necessarily go around destroying worlds (heck, Silver Surfer and the like have the power for that) and only one really takes a part in mass manipulations on any given world (the others seem to do smaller scale manipulations). But still, Ego could do nothing to one and of course there was that incident when the Kree was able to get ahold of him for their purpose too.

Yeah but that was through cunning. I forget that saga but Ego was dissected and turned into some form of protoplasm but was rapidly reforming himself. The Kree had to shut down Ego's mind, and by doing that reverted him to a primordial, mindless ooze.
My point is that the Kree didn't just decide one day to take Ego down and did it. They were guided by the Supreme Intelligence and used opportunistic methods to subdue Ego.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.