As An OT original Fan...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Xam
As An OT Fan i found seeing obi wan and yoda figthing side by side AMAZING...other Original Ot fans...wut did u like the most???

ZoSo
The incorporation of the OT Star Destroyer Bridge Sets into the Venator-class SD's of RotS. wink

Stunrun
I agree. It was great seeing Yoda and Obi-Wan fighting side by side, its just a shame they didnt do it more often in Episodes I and II. When watching Empire, there friendship becomes much more felt after seeing ROTS. I've also loved any sound effect that came from the originals, like: The death star chasm sound on Geonosis in AOTC, the Carbon freezing chamber sound when Mace Windu leaves the temple to arrest Palpatine, and ofcoarse, the alarm sound at the begining of AOTC, and during the duel on Mustafar in ROTS.

But the last three or four scenes in particular felt as if i was watching the originals all over again. I had goosbumps when i saw the bridge of the Star Destroyer, and also the very last scene, which bought me full circle!big grin

Xam
is it me or seeing palps smilling just after he says : once more the sith will rule...n we shall have peace>was just like ROTJ

mysterio69
well, after obi-wan chopped anakin up, seeing him talk about him in the OT is kinda sad. "he was a good friend." and i guess the white hallways of the tantive. seeing obi-wan, yoda and 3po and r2 walking them in the PT is really cool. it's like these Pt characters stepped back in time...or forward...well you know what i mean.

Ogami Itto
the inside scenes of the tantive 4 really brought me back!!!

Stunrun
Originally posted by Xam
is it me or seeing palps smilling just after he says : once more the sith will rule...n we shall have peace>was just like ROTJ

oh yes!devil2

especially when he says "double your search." - i dunno, the just REALLY sounded alot like his ROTJ character. Ok, i know its the same actor, but i solute him for remaining faithful to his character in 1983smile

Stunrun
Originally posted by Ogami Itto
the inside scenes of the tantive 4 really brought me back!!!

yes i forgot to mention that oneyes a legendary set completely free of blue and green screenbig grin

Ogami Itto
i think it was cause 3p0 was there too !!his face and that wite surfaces !!total nostalgia!!yeeha

Xam
also the ship sidious uses to go save anakin from burning....

mysterio69
it would've been cool to see some of the republic soldiers on the tantive with those damn-fool helmets like ep IV. and seeing those almost-tie fighters was cool.

Stunrun
Originally posted by Ogami Itto
i think it was cause 3p0 was there too !!his face and that wite surfaces !!total nostalgia!!yeeha

yeh i think i'd feel really quite emotional if i were Anthony Daniels. He had the first line of Star Wars in 1977, then gets the last line of Star Wars in 2005, on the same set!crybaby

what a journey!cool

DeVi| D0do
PALPATINE: "I can feel your anger. It give you focus, makes you stronger."

Woo! That felt just like ROTJ...

They screwed the mouse droids though... in the 60 minutes footage they looked good, but then they made them smaller and... well, more mouse-like. They look stupid.

Ast Rofan
The big tie in moment for me came during the Mace confrontation. The way Anakin sat and watched whil one was being electrocuted and pleading.

Bombadil
I loved seeing the transformation of the Republic into the Empire....and finally seeing Palpatine's skill with a saber.

koolruningz
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
PALPATINE: "I can feel your anger. It give you focus, makes you stronger."

Woo! That felt just like ROTJ...

Nice one, he said it the same way as when he is trying to bait Luke. I really like the way the republic spaceships started to look more like the OT ships, in TPM i was wondering how they were going to regress back to the more basic looking vehicles - it was well done IMO.
Obviously seeing characters like Tarkin, Chewie and the Death Star are nice tie-ins.
When Palpatine first put his hood on after being scared i got goosebumps. Same as when Vader takes his first breath in the suit, that got the biggest cheer in the theatre.

PVS
ah yes, obi and yoda! the dream team we've been waiting to see in action! seeing yoda throw that saber into the clonetrooper was pretty badass.
yes, i liked that scene very much, however fleeting it was.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.