Still just blue and green??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Mercenary
The one thing that gets me boiled over about Ep2 is the fact that the entire jedi nation only have blue and green lightsabers, I know Mace gets a purple one, but he's just one man.

I at least wanted orange ones, but no dice.

I'm a little bored by the lack of colors, and I know you kids are gonna say " George wanted it this way" but George is a jerk.

ToMacco
laughing out loud

finti
there seems to be a lot of purple sabers in the arena

queeq
And Mace has one.

Emperor Helmet
From what I've been told:

Blue
Green
and 1 purple

queeq
Difficult to say how many Jedi wear purple ones. Sometimes the blue ones look purple too.... and perhaps the other way around.

Ushgarak
Sharp bet that it's just the one purple and just a small illusion in the arena.

Captain REX
I want to see a yellow lightsaber! Right now! And more purples! And whites! mad

Well, no use crying over spilled milk. The movie is ready to be released...in...9...days...

WOOHOO!!!

queeq
Well, you won't see them.

BTW, Yoda's sabre is not in his cane.

finti
white saber, would be to alike the blue one

queeq
All sabres are white, only the glow has a different colour. big grin

finti
white aint a color

queeq
True. It's all colours combined.

yerssot
don't think any new colors will come now...

Emperor Helmet
Actually it isn't, black is. White is absence of color.

queeq
No, black is absence of light. White is all parts of the colour spectre.

Captain REX
This is about LIGHTSABERS, not LIGHTS!

queeq
It's still about light.

Emperor Helmet
Go ahead and mix every color together and tell me what color you get. I can tell you that it isn't white.

finti
white light is composed of all the colors of the spectrum .

Ushgarak
Yes, Helmet, you are way wrong on this one. I think you are confusing light with pigment.

Of course white light is comprised of all colours; that's why you can split it through prisms, and it can form rainbows. You ever seen blackness form a rainbow?

Emperor Helmet
This is a stupid conversation.

Ushgarak
Well, you started it! That point needed refuting.

Emperor Helmet
Black and white are absent color, which is what I said. This has nothing to do with light or SW. There are only 3 colors for sabers and 1 purple one.

Ushgarak
You said white is the absence of colour, and it is not. That's all.

Emperor Helmet
Really? Take note of definition 1:

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary

1) Free of color.

Ushgarak
First of all, that link of yours does not lead anywhere.

Secondly, you are only making yourself look increasingly foolish. Anyone who knows the slightest bit of physics knows that white is the combination of all light in the colour spectrum. I will point you again to my points about prisms and rainbows. And did you ever note that when there isn't any light things go BLACK!?

Only in a pigment sense can white be considered to be colourless.

Emperor Helmet

Ushgarak
I HAVE looked it up in a dictionary, where colourless is just one of several meanings.

Why don't YOU look it up in a basic physics book? You really are looking VERY stupid right now.

Emperor Helmet
How can something be colorless and have color? Thank God I didn't take your Physics class.

Ushgarak
Ok, pay attention, Helmet...

My physics classes were EXTREMELY good, unlike yours, apparently

I already told you that white is considered colourless ONLY with regards to pigment.

With light, it is ALL colours of the spectrum.

Now, as you seem to have sadly not been taught this very basic piece of information, here are some webistes that explain the point, from many different angles, and quite clearly, so you won;t lose track.

http://www.spacecast.com/flow/spaceGrrrlFAQ/content/Blue_sky.asp

http://www.clubmac.ie/members/michael.barry/

http://www.stld.org.uk/Colour_Mixing.htm

http://www.adscape.com/eyedesign/photoshop/three/colours.html

http://van.hep.uiuc.edu/van/qa/section/Light_and_Sound/Properties_of_Light/948005663.htm

I think you will find the last link, aimed at a 12 year old, will make it the most clear for you.

Emperor Helmet
Here we go with light again. roll eyes (sarcastic) Were' talking about colors, not light, EDITED

Ushgarak
Not that those two things are mutually exclusive, Helmet, as light has colour.

But we ARE talking about light. We are very VERY clearly talking about light. Lightsabres are hardly pigmentation, are they? They are light sources. Hence the glow, see? Hence it being light.

Ushgarak
And you have been warned about your language before, Helmet.

Emperor Helmet
EDITED- For repetitive pointlessness.

Emperor Helmet
http://www.thesaurus.com/roget/III/429.html

yerssot
or you can make a mod like in JO and change it all wink

Emperor Helmet
EDITED. Again, a pointless repeat post.

Ushgarak
What on Earth is that link for? That's just comparing adjectives for one use of the word 'white'

Did you bother to read the five links I gave you?

Emperor Helmet
They are all definitions of "absence of color"

I don't care about your physics links. We aren't talking about light here. We are talking about color.

Ushgarak
And I will repeat again Helmet, that it has been clearly stated, by the moderator for this area, that we are talking about LIGHT.

Emperor Helmet
And by the way get your physics sites to spell color correctly.

Ushgarak
That's the way it is spelt in the UK, Helmet.

Emperor Helmet
It figures. They have sex on TV, but may change the rating of AOTC, because of a head butt.

yerssot
errr... you know what... post a poll in GDF to ask about it, you'll see everyone will disagree with you helmet... even I know the answer on this one...

Ushgarak
Yeah, whatever. Steer away from cultural comments in future.

Now it has been definitely established that, as queeq said very clearly, we are talking about LIGHT, and it has also been established that white light is a combination of all colours in the spectrum, this thread should stop being distracted and return to topic.

Emperor Helmet
What does that have to do with Star Wars? Nothing. It's a movie guys, wake up. They don't follow the laws of physics. If they did, Anakin wouldn't be able to jump from a speeder a couple hundred feet and land on a speeder.

Dim
laughing out loud Nothing wrong with exercising your mind, Helmet.

Ushgarak
Again, Helmet, you commented on it, so you should expect the fall-out from it.

Emperor Helmet
The fall out? Please, you are bringing Physics into a science fiction film. That's why it's called fiction, you bozo. You do know that the Force doesn't exist.

Ushgarak
AGAIN, Helmet, you are the one who commented on the colour thing in opposition to what queeq said. If you thought it was so irrelevant you should have said so at the time. But you didn't, you made an erroneous statement, and you have NO grounds to complain when you are called out as being wrong about it.

Dim
We bring everything else into these movies..why not physics?...

yerssot
why not Darth Legion... please?

Emperor Helmet
Yeah, I brought up color, not light and physics. And I am right about the color thing. By the way there is no such thing as colored light. Rainbows are caused by light reflecting off of water.

Dim
Hmmm...wrong.

So much for Mr Know-it-all... maybe I'll explain it to you right someday.

Ushgarak
No. Queeq brought up the issue of colour. You said he was wrong, which he was not, and then queeq clearly said he, and thefefore the thread, was talking about LIGHT.

And there IS such a thing as coloured light, othrwise everything you saw would be white! You ever seen light split by a prism?

In any case, Helmet, my opinion on all this has been made perfectly clear. Which is: We were talking about light, and if you thouigh we were not you were wrong. And white light is all the colours of the spectrum combined.

I don't want to hear ANY more on this silly diversion that only one man disagrees with. That's final.

Emperor Helmet
What are you going to do, ban me? Then I will just come log on under another name.

yerssot
IP and e-mail and some secret thingies actually...

Emperor Helmet
Ooooh, I'm scared now.

Wait, I have to turn down my purple light.

yerssot
that remembers me...

what is the chance GL will make a yellow sabre?

Ushgarak
Ok, Helmet, you are getting an official warning from me, which if you are flippant about WILL result in a banning. And if you come back, Raz has more permanent ways to keep you away. it;s happened plenty of times before.

yerssot
how many warnings does one get actually?

Emperor Helmet
You mean that reminds me, right?

And as far as the yellow saber goes, you have a better chance of being in Episode III.

yerssot
well, I always hoped Yoda had a yellow one!

TeCk-IcE
But then I took it....hehe. stick out tongue

yerssot
and you will get payed for it, I take?

queeq
HElmet, helmet. And you were such a good boy the last few days...... tsk tsk tsk.

TeCk-IcE
laughing out loud

Emperor Helmet
I'm not worried, trust me.

smokin'

queeq
But you should be. This time I'm around to see your handiwork.... and I'm getting in the mood.

yerssot
*clears the path to the closet*

Emperor Helmet
Funny, I don't feel scared.

queeq
As I said: You should be. By the time you get scared now, it's already too late.

Emperor Helmet
Just to let you know, the bashing has been reported. Since you guys do it, maybe I should.

queeq
Bashing? WOOOHAHAHAHHA.... hardly.

THese are warnings, Helmet. It's not all that hard to be friendly online you know.

Emperor Helmet
Apology accepted.

Jedi Mercenary
please shut up. I don't give a rats rectum about this whole light thing, this thread is about LIGHTSABERS, not light in general, so anyways, the whole blue and green thing is really boring, I think GL should have put more colors just to spice it up a bit BADABING BADABOOM.

p.s if someone wants to argue with me about why George W. is not a good president please pm me and we'll have at it. And don't come in saying " He's gonna lower taxes" .

Captain REX
Wow! Emperor Helmet is right for once! I mixed a bunch of paints together and got blackish-grey!

The absence of color is black...plain and simple...you small minded...argumentative...freak...from...a certain...place that...is...very...VERY...HOT!!! evil face

Captain REX
http://CermMy Documents\Jordan's Files\Smile Men\Hot.gif

Bantha Fodder
Who cares what color the lightsabers are? What difference does it make?

Isn't it more important HOW the lightsabers are used, and if they have anything to do with the plot?

Jedi Mercenary
Well who the F**k cares about what black and white is, jeeze this is my damn thread, and I say close the bastard.

yerssot
ok, let's keep it nice and easy, and preferable ontopic...

sooooooooooooooooooooo... Mace and purple huh?

Dim
OKay, first of Merc, Don't tell people to shut up.

Secondly guys, just because you start a topic doesn't mean you own it. You don't get to chose when it gets closed and if people want to discuss other things about the topic that you don't like then that's tough...don't post it.

Thirdly colors in paint or print is different than color in light so, no..Helmet wasn't really right..not that I"m rubbing it in at this point but I don't want you guys to be misguided. If you're that interested in the effects of color mixing take a color theory class.

peluffo
Agreed...
"Newton color circle" is a test:

Do a paper circle, divide it as a pie, and paint each part with diffrent colors. Then put it on some sort of an engine (you can paste it on a fan stick out tongue ) and make irt spin really fast: you willl see that all the colors, when it spins really fast, makes WHITE.
It was a test on my school, when I was a child.

And when you see a BLACK object, is just because it HASN't any color to reflect.

the discussion gets blurry when you explains the THEORY OF COLOR:
An object absorbes all the colors except the one you see, because it is reflected to your eyes, or something (i KNOW USH CAN EXPLAIN IT A LOT BETTER THAN I)
SO: when you see black, all the colors were absorved, and none is reflected to your eyes, and it can make the wrong impression that BLACK is the mix of all colors...

Emperor Helmet
Thanks professor.

finti
he is right though

Emperor Helmet
Thanks.

finti
laughing out loud I was actually refering to Pluto eehh peluffo`s post there, as you didnt know roll eyes (sarcastic) big grin

Emperor Helmet
Of course I knew.

finti
anyways are you sure there is only one purple lightsaber, cause at the endd of the clone war trailer it seems to be more

Emperor Helmet
Yeah, just 1.

finti
hmm doesnt really matter though. I have been happy with three colors we`ve seen so far

Emperor Helmet
Me too. I would have loved more, but oh well. At least this stops all rumors about it, even for Episode III. The only question is, will Mace have the same color in EPisode III.

finti
guess so

yerssot
Geonosis is a red planet etc, basicly some people say blue looks purple then...

I hope this is true, since we never saw purple, and then all of a sudden a few hundred knights have it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.