how powerful are angels?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cking
how much more powerful are they than humans?

finti
can wediscuss how powerfull orcs and trolls are compare to human strength too?

cking
I know they are more powerful that humans

finti
trolls and orcs?

cking
God made humans a lesser rank than the angels

cking
is that what you believe?

cking
what is a troll anyway?

finti
what`s this a bit schizo posting here? state a thing then question it yourself

cking
what do you mean?

cking
angels are messengers of god

cking
they don't look like humans or any other being

cking
In heaven they do have superhuman wisdom ans strength

finti
beside the internet take on it , troll are something from Norwegian folklore, its creatures(usually giants, but sometime portrayed as dwarfs too) that lives under bridges, in mountain caves, on the hill. They can be both friendly and unfriendly

finti
ok cking you dont have to post all those things as single posts, you can gather them

cking
what about dwarfs?

cking
Sorry about that, what do want to know about any of them?

finti
read what I wrote one more time

cking
you really get into that troll stuff

finti
as I said it is Norwegian folklore and I am a Norwegian

cking
I'm new in this forum and this stuff seems to slow for me.

cking
How cold is it in norway?

finti
biblical stuff has that effect yes

cking
angels seem more real to me

cking
you don't have to see angels to believe they are real

finti
right now it is around 70, but its been kind of windy lately so it feels colder, the right question to ask is whats the temperature in Norway right now, misconception has it that we have winter all year around, well not a fact

finti
they are all fantasy beings to me

answer above

cking
what makes you believe that they are fantasy?

finti
I dont believe in the bible, angels are biblical creatures,

cking
do you believe anything in the bible?

cking
you know it wasn't exactly written by humans

cking
God used prophets to reveal his word to man

finti
no

oh, really who wrote it then

cking
no human can come up with that much knowledge and put it into one book.

cking
God did

cking
the prophets had the holy spirit of god in them and so the spirit told them what to write

finti
what knowledge? It aint nothing but tales, there are more concept of "knowledge" in the guidance book to my car

finti
dont believe in any god

prophets were suppose to say whats to come, like fortune tellers. Most of the biblical stories is about what happened, like in the past. A history book for the jews

cking
not just your ordinary tales

cking
prophets could predict thousands of years into the future

cking
God cannot reveal himself in a physical way

finti
tales are tales, dont find the biblical tales more extraordinary than any other tales around

should have got into the weather business then

cking
that is why he has prophets

cking
right now if you see god face to face you will turn inot a pillar of salt because his holiness is too great

cking
alot of people were like that in the bible

cking
that is why he doesn't show himself to man

finti
laughing hysterical

yeah fantasy figures

cking
this is no joke

cking
if he appeared right now the whole world would be blinded by his holiness

cking
what kind of religion are you in anyway?

finti
oh but it is

laughing out loud laughing

finti
I am an atheist

cking
I'm a baptist

cking
I know alot of other religions and I have studied them

cking
my mom use to be a catholic

finti
name them

cking
hindu, jewish, christian, buddhist, new age religion, muslim,postmodernism, christian science, humanism, freemasonry, mormons, pentacostals, and many more

finti
and how long did you take study each?

cking
not long

cking
the new age religion is the most strange of them

cking
actually that is satan's oldest religion that first started in the garden

cking
If you want I can explain some of these religions for you

cking
I know one thing for sure is that the new age religion is becoming a world known religon instead of a cult

finti
I know what I need to know about them

so in other words you read about them, studies of religion craves years so if you dont spend years studying them you read about them

cking
in your country what is the national religion?

cking
I read them just because, I want to know what they are and how much affect they have in this world.

cking
I actually know someone this year in school that was from norway and he moved back.

finti
Christianity in the form of Church Of Norway (Evangelical Lutheran)

finti
Chrisitanity is the only religion I have really studied, we had to have it in school so I had a couple of hours of chrisitianity each day for 9 years.

cking
where I live baptists are seen everywhere and catholic churches come in second. I actually went into a pentacostal church and we thougth it was baptist at first but it turned out to be different when people started dancing from row to row and I was scared and we decided to leave because they were coming towards us.

cking
we can't have any kind of religon in my school or any other in america

cking
baptists are more conservative when it comes to dancing and music. I heard tht pentacostals worship, sing, study the bible, and eat at the same time.

cking
it is like they have a cycle of doing things every sunday

finti
Used to live in Arkansas so I know about baptist, pentecostal, church Of christ, assembly Of god, house of praise, presbyterians and the likes

cking
what town did you live in arkansas, because I live in arkansas

cking
did you live in northwest arkansas?

cking
I live in northwest arkansas in Bentonville, where walmart headquarters is at.

finti
I lived in Dover(yeah go Pirates), pope county. 10 miles north of Russellville. Yeah those were the days 1985-86
Bentonville huh, actually been there

cking
I know alot of people, hear how bad walmart is and how they put kmart out of business. I work in walmart, and I know what is wrong and right about walmart. the store people are harmless people and so are the ones who work in the warehouses such as my dad are the same as the store people. the only ones that would cause any damage are the executives, CEO, vice chairmans, or the president of the company which is Lee scott. They are a bunch of crooks who steal from their own employees. tom couglin was fired and he was vice chairman the number two position under lee scott and he makes about 3 million a year. lee scott makes about 20 million a year. They don't treat no one wrong, all it is about is a bunch of people who are tired of what they do and they cause trouble just to get some money.

cking
what do you think about walmart? do you think my statements are true?

finti
nothing against wal mart

cking
I have been through that area. walmart makes most employees do the walmart cheer which is really korny. it is like give me a w-a-l-m-a-r-t, what is that spelled and we are suppose to say walmart! then they say, I can't hear you! walmart! walmart! thank god I haven't done the cheer yet and I won't! right when they are finished with the L part they do the squiggly, which is some of break dance. in the DC part my dad said they do the it everyday and he said hardwork! instead of walmart! because in the DC, it is like slave work but it pays descent at $14.00 an hour. He didn't actually say it but he was thinking about it and if he did he woud get written up for it.

cking
thats good. I can imagine and it would be funny if they started chanting hardwork! hardwork! hardwork! instead of walmart! everytime.

cking
alot of thugs hang around in the DC. if you work the first day there you won't make it through the first day because it is alot of manual labor, you either work in the shipping or receive department. you somtimes have to pick up 100 pound boxes. most of the thugs don't make it.

cking
the only people that are paid the most in either store or DC are the store and district managers which get paid about $150,000 a year at the most.

BlackC@t
Cking, for **** shakes quit posting every minute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quit clogging the thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you've made a post and want to add something else, edit it and add what you wanted to say!

Sorry I got mad, I have a short fuse.

cking
the managers are college educated also. store and Dc are not and both of them people quit all the time. some in the dc are do have college degrees but are too lazy to do anything with them.

cking
didn't see you coming

cking
so what brings you here?

cking
I have to end this right now, because I have to go to bed and plus I'm hungry at an hour I shouldn't and I have to go to work, so I'll see you guys around.

finti
work huh, so schools out for summer?

School's out for summer
School's out forever
School's been blown to pieces

No more pencils
No more books
No more teacher's dirty looks

Well we got no class
And we got no principles
And we got no innocence
We can't even think of a word that rhymes -Alice Cooper

PrinceofBlades
wow, not even five seconds into the thread and it already got off topic. I mean, the OTF is bad, but the religion forum too?!!? Someone end the madnesss wallbash

finti
guess the power of the so called angels aint too much to debate

debbiejo
I believe there's angels or beings all around us....INVISIBLE...

Invisibles good...though I'd like to see them, maybe just a few times...

finti
invisible, of course how else could the fantasy live on

debbiejo
Science has proved that the INVISIBLE is alive....

finti
ok.................now where are those dudes in white overcoats again

debbiejo
There not coming to take me away...

It's particle wave theory...

titalice
You know, I think Angels are messangers from God and slaves from Hell. In the Satanic Bible it says that Angels were kept in their dungeons and turned evil by the tortures Satin had. It also says (if you read in between the lines) that Satin is a child and will kill God when God is a man. Angels were tortured by the boy. He would sit in front of their prison and stare them, he didn't have to blink for hours. They went mad with his staring and served him well. They sent messages back to God, turned good and came back to be evil again. Angels are untrustworthy and evil, dumb and empty.

debbiejo
I have a guardian angle, his name is 90 degrees.

PrinceofBlades
Originally posted by titalice
You know, I think Angels are messangers from God and slaves from Hell. In the Satanic Bible it says that Angels were kept in their dungeons and turned evil by the tortures Satin had. It also says (if you read in between the lines) that Satin is a child and will kill God when God is a man. Angels were tortured by the boy. He would sit in front of their prison and stare them, he didn't have to blink for hours. They went mad with his staring and served him well. They sent messages back to God, turned good and came back to be evil again. Angels are untrustworthy and evil, dumb and empty.

as some people here... roll eyes (sarcastic)

debbiejo
I have a Arch Angle too...He's bent on doing right... eek! You know as in math..

PrinceofBlades
cool, I'm good in math, so he helps me in science...

fruits
well first of all, trolls and orcs and stuff dont exist.

second of all, angels are a lot more powerful then humans. obviously if god trusts them to guard us (guardian angels) then they've gotta be pretty powerful. and its not like when you die you gain the power of an angel because according to my beliefs, you dont become an angel when you die. god make angels for other purposes, liek to guide us and stuff like that, we just get into heaven when we die. not become angels. or at least that's my belief

debbiejo
No one caught my jokes about angles? Not angels...

fruits
i got it.

BlackC@t
Aren't you forgetting ghosts? smart

finti
exist just as much as god and angles do

debbiejo
Originally posted by finti
exist just as much as god and angles do

Angles??

finti
yep a cross between Anglos and angels

debbiejo
Very creative...

finti
I am

debbiejo
Originally posted by finti
I am

The great "I Am" has returned...I thought a Satanist destroyed you.

finti
those wusses wouldnt last a second

titalice
I have destroyed... I am destroying... I will destroy...

finti
only yourself

debbiejo

The mind is a terrible thing to waste.

fruits
true dat. there's proof of god and angels though. like people have "seen" tme. no one has even reported seeing orcs and trolls.

debbiejo
People report seeing fairies and aliens though.

finti
yes they have, but it is as reliable as being abducted, seeing angles, blood crying statues of Mary, Shroud of Turin

debbiejo

Believing in Satan still doesn't make him real...And Satanists don't believe in Satan. They use the word Satan for theatrical use..They mean it as a belief only in themselves, are against organized religions. They don't believe in rewards or punishments....

Anyone here like that.... big grin

sonnet
Originally posted by debbiejo
Believing in Satan still doesn't make him real...And Satanists don't believe in Satan. They use the word Satan for theatrical use..They mean it as a belief only in themselves, are against organized religions. They don't believe in rewards or punishments....

Anyone here like that.... big grin

You obviously do not know anyone who has been caught up in Satanism otherwise you would not have written this.

sonnet
Originally posted by fruits
well first of all, trolls and orcs and stuff dont exist.

second of all, angels are a lot more powerful then humans. obviously if god trusts them to guard us (guardian angels) then they've gotta be pretty powerful. and its not like when you die you gain the power of an angel because according to my beliefs, you dont become an angel when you die. god make angels for other purposes, liek to guide us and stuff like that, we just get into heaven when we die. not become angels. or at least that's my belief

Angels can only be as powerful as God wants them to be as they can only act on a situation when God instructs them to do so. They are in His service. There are different types (ranks) of angels each with their own given task/purpose. We know they are more powerful than demons because they can protect us, also from demonic attack.

debbiejo
Originally posted by sonnet
You obviously do not know anyone who has been caught up in Satanism otherwise you would not have written this.

No I don't know any satanists, but watched a program on the History Channel 2 nights ago.

finti
satanism the real one does not believe in Satan. They chose a stupid ass name for it , but still.....those who has been caught up in Satanism with Satan as their dude missunderstood the entire concept. Big difference between Satanism and those who practice devils worship

PrinceofBlades
What if Satan is the devil?

finti
again Satanism use a stupid word for themselves cause of the christian view of satan. The real follower of satanism doesnt even believe in a satan so for them satan, devil or whatever you wanna call the bad guy it doesnt apply

PrinceofBlades
No I was just saying...

debbiejo
Originally posted by PrinceofBlades
What if Satan is the devil?

The word devil is just a word to describe an evil....

PrinceofBlades
Satan is evil...

debbiejo
People are evil...Satan is a description.

finti
you met him?

debbiejo
Since the topic is angels....did any one notice whos B-day it is today???
sadangel

PrinceofBlades
No who's is it......

Nah I'm just joking with you...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!1 Happy Dance happybday

debbiejo
You almost fooled me.....thank you.. smile

mr.smiley

The founder of the church of Satan himself stated Satanist neither belive in God or Satan.They belive that all concepts of God and Satan are delussional.To them,you send back what has been given to you.

PrinceofBlades
Originally posted by mr.smiley
The founder of the church of Satan himself stated Satanist neither belive in God or Satan.They belive that all concepts of God and Satan are delussional.To them,you send back what has been given to you.

So then why do the "Satanist", those who believe in Satan and God and what not, change their name?

finti
what would be a proper name

PrinceofBlades
I don't know, "To those who wish to be screwed"?!!?

sonnet
Originally posted by mr.smiley

Look, they can call themselves what they want to but they worship the Prince of Darkness, Lucifer, etc. whatever they want to call them. What is very certain is, is that they go on campaigns where they actually have "prayer" meetings to "pray' for the breakup of Christian marriages specifically, they visit christian churches with the intention to try and disrupt the sermon. I listened to the testimony of a High priestess who were saved and became a a Christian and yes they do worship Satan, whether they call him that in public or not. A major part of their mission is to try and disrupt Christians' lives, they have a mission against Christianity. So they know that they are fighting God.

sonnet
Originally posted by debbiejo
Since the topic is angels....did any one notice whos B-day it is today???
sadangel

Hope you had a great Birthday!!!happybday

debbiejo
Hope you had a great Birthday!!!happybday

Oh Sonnet....Thank U....

I guess I only made it obvious.. big grin

debbiejo
Lucifer "Light-bringer," Latin title for the Morning Star god who annouced the daily birth of the sun. Canaanite's called him Shaher. The Jewish Shaharit (Morning Service) still commemorates him. Shaher's twin brother Shalem, the Evening Star, announced the daily death of the sun. Shalem was worshipped along with his brother in Jerusalem which means, "House of Shalem.: Shaher and Shalem were the same as the Greeks, Dioscuri or Heavenly Twins, Castor and Polux, born of Leda's World Egg. This found in the 7th Century B.C. included a dirge for the fallen Morning Star:

How hast though fallen from heaven, Helel's son shaher! Though didst say in thy heart, I will ascend to heaven, above the circumpolar starts I will raise my throne, and I will dwell on the Mount of Council in the back of the north, I will mount on the back of a cloud, I will be the unto Elyon.

cking
almost the samething in Ezekiel

markie
Originally posted by cking
God used prophets to reveal his word to man The only part God wrote is the ten comandments.

KPrince
Originally posted by cking
how much more powerful are they than humans?

They are incredibly more powerful than humans. Angels have carried flaming swords (not your balrog variety), they can change their size and form, can control the elements, inflict plagues and pestilences, move throughout the universe instantly by mere thought, and can read minds, just to name a few.

whobdamandog
Originally posted by KPrince
They are incredibly more powerful than humans. Angels have carried flaming swords (not your balrog variety), they can change their size and form, can control the elements, inflict plagues and pestilences, move throughout the universe instantly by mere thought, and can read minds, just to name a few.

Even with these abilities, they truly are not superior to humans..in fact comparatively speaking, from a spiritual standpoint, they're below them.

The bible states that no force on earth...be it "Demon, Angel, man, etc" can seperate you from a relationship with god if you truly desire it. The fact that we are able to harness the power of Christ within us, should make us fear nothing on this earth.

No angel has the ability to have this type of relationship with God. We have a choice to know him intimately, they do not. We have a choice to be heirs in his Kingdom and live amongst him. They do not.

Mankind has a different type of relationship with God...a truly loving one. Not based on condition..but based on our sharing of this experience known as life with him, and the choice of following the one who created it.

KPrince
Originally posted by whobdamandog
Even with these abilities, they truly are not superior to humans..in fact comparatively speaking, from a spiritual standpoint, they're below them.

The bible states that no force on earth...be it "Demon, Angel, man, etc" can seperate you from a relationship with god if you truly desire it. The fact that we are able to harness the power of Christ within us, should make us fear nothing on this earth.

No angel has the ability to have this type of relationship with God. We have a choice to know him intimately, they do not. We have a choice to be heirs in his Kingdom and live amongst him. They do not.

Mankind has a different type of relationship with God...a truly loving one. Not based on condition..but based on our sharing of this experience known as life with him, and the choice of following the one who created it.

You are somewhat right, in Hebrews, it says man was made "a little lower than the angels" but that is not permanent. Mankind does have a greater potential than the angels. At no time did God refer to the angels as His "Sons".

Shakyamunison
I think that angels are friendly bacteria of fungi like Penicillin.

debbiejo
blink laughing out loud

lord krondor
Angels are slightly less powerful than a Jedi Knight. A Master Jedi, however, shouldn't have any problem with an angel. But, in the case of the great battle on Dirka 9, 48 angels ambushed 13 Master Jedis and after weeks of all out war, killed the Jedis. So Jedis aren't completely superior to angels, but in an one-on-one battle, they would completely whipe the floor with them.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>