X

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blue Dragon
I have this video, I bought it on the market yesterday. It's called X, that's it. I've watched it & it's pretty good. It's a 15. It's about this boy called Kamui Shirou, his destiny & he has to kill his childhood friend.

The destription on the back:
At the millennial edge, the concluding battle for humanity's future is staged. Kamui Shirou's destiny has been decided as he returns to Tokyo to face his ultimate challenge.

The Dragon of Heaven, defenders of the Earth, stand ready to protect the world from the Dragon of Earth, the seven angels of legend, who embrace the devastation of the planet to bring ablout its purification.

Now Kamui must decide which side to fight for although he finds the idea utterly unappealing. It isn't until realizing that his two childhood friends, Fuma & Kotori Monou, are in grievous peril that Kamui decides to step into his fated position in the climactic struggle of the Year of Destiny.

Also on the video, someone said "X rocks" - Time out New York.
It got 5 stars.
***** "Superb...a must - see" - Gamers republic.

It's sad at the end...everyone dies but Kamui.

Blue Dragon
Here's the video.

jnr hiphop
lol.. ive never seen it or heard of it..

dvampire
Originally posted by Blue Dragon
I have this video, I bought it on the market yesterday. It's called X, that's it. I've watched it & it's pretty good. It's a 15. It's about this boy called Kamui Shirou, his destiny & he has to kill his childhood friend.

At the millennial edge, the concluding battle for humanity's future is staged. Kamui Shirou's destiny has been decided as he returns to Tokyo to face his ultimate challenge.

The Dragon of Heaven, defenders of the Earth, stand ready to protect the world from the Dragon of Earth, the seven angels of legend, who embrace the devastation of the planet to bring ablout its purification.

Now Kamui must decide which side to fight for although he finds the idea utterly unappealing. It isn't until realizing that his two childhood friends, Fuma & Kotori Monou, are in grievous peril that Kamui decides to step into his fated position in the climactic struggle of the Year of Destiny.

It got 5 stars.

Yes thats a very good series, it has a bad ending though. sad Theres a T.V. series with 8 volumes if your interested. smile

sai12
I saw the movie. I wasn't all that impressed. Though I have been told that the tv series is much better than the movie. Also, dont' watch the movie dubbed! The voice acting is TERRIBLE! I only got a few minutes into it and HAD to change it to subtitles! I mean...I usually watch anime dubbed...but this..no no no!

Anyway, just my two cents wink

snehin

It got 5 stars.

It's sad at the end...everyone dies but Kamui. never heard of it but it sound good

snehin
Originally posted by sai12
I saw the movie. I wasn't all that impressed. Though I have been told that the tv series is much better than the movie. Also, dont' watch the movie dubbed! The voice acting is TERRIBLE! I only got a few minutes into it and HAD to change it to subtitles! I mean...I usually watch anime dubbed...but this..no no no!

Anyway, just my two cents wink in india its better to just watch it online the dubbin sucks here they can ruin an anime it isn't even a year since a god anime cahnnel came here and already its damn expensive i watch it all on dvd or online!!

sai12
Originally posted by snehin
in india its better to just watch it online the dubbin sucks here they can ruin an anime it isn't even a year since a god anime cahnnel came here and already its damn expensive i watch it all on dvd or online!!

Huh? I don't watch anime on TV. I just meant the series.... messed

Lana
I've seen the movie....sadly I saw it dubbed....gah sick they freaking mispronounced Kamui's name through the whole thing!!!

(sorry, but I'm nitpicky and little things like that bug me)

Anyway, it was okay, I've been told that the series was much better...I'd read the manga but it seems that Borders NEVER has #1.

sai12
Originally posted by Lana
I've seen the movie....sadly I saw it dubbed....gah sick they freaking mispronounced Kamui's name through the whole thing!!!

(sorry, but I'm nitpicky and little things like that bug me)

Anyway, it was okay, I've been told that the series was much better...I'd read the manga but it seems that Borders NEVER has #1.

Oh my God! Border's...not having a MANGA!? Every Borders I go to has soooo many that you're bound to always find what you're looking for! Your Borders is SLACKING!

Tell them to order it *nod*

Lana
Oh my God! Border's...not having a MANGA!? Every Borders I go to has soooo many that you're bound to always find what you're looking for! Your Borders is SLACKING!

Tell them to order it *nod*

They have TONS of manga....I have yet to find X/1999 #1 though. And it's starting to irritate me, as I HAVE asked them to order it and they haven't.

sai12
They have TONS of manga....I have yet to find X/1999 #1 though. And it's starting to irritate me, as I HAVE asked them to order it and they haven't.

You need to ***** more!! Or order it online? Amazon is your friend wink

snehin
Huh? I don't watch anime on TV. I just meant the series.... messed yeah i mean i watch any anime or used to atleast on tv now its frikkin expensive i hate tht they cut out channels right in the middle of a series i haven't gotten far in tht way always started and ended in a middle of episodes hate tht whos dundass idea is it to increase the cost to over a 100 bucks its too much!!

Pad_aki
I have all the mangas allready...ok not all but 18.. I really like this one T_T CLAMP it's a good team-- ya never heard about them??????????????? T________________T

Blue Dragon

Anyway, just my two cents wink
All this dubbed...I can't exactly watch it in another language other than English can I....the series...I wouldn't know where to get it.
Originally posted by dvampire
Yes thats a very good series, it has a bad ending though. sad Theres a T.V. series with 8 volumes if your interested. smile
Bad ending yes...like I said, everyone dies & it's sad...the 14 year old died...she had a wolf which faded away...to where?

Kamui friend dies...it's so sad....wonder why his friend went to the otherside, it's like he was brainwashed...what happened to the girl, did she die?

Pad_aki
yes, she did...fuuma become a Dragon of earth because when Kamui decides to be a Dragon of Heaven someones had to fill the space that he didn't choose..but in the manga it's totally diferent--

Lana
Originally posted by Pad_aki
I have all the mangas allready...ok not all but 18.. I really like this one T_T CLAMP it's a good team-- ya never heard about them??????????????? T________________T

I don't know anyone who reads manga that DOESN'T know CLAMP. Right now I'm really loving Tsubasa: Resevoir Chronicle.

All this dubbed...I can't exactly watch it in another language other than English can I....the series...I wouldn't know where to get it.

It's actually fairly easy to find anime that's not dubbed. It's called DVD.

soundtrack
th emovie was good/ok, but i didn't really like the ending. i saw one episode of the series and i love it. i need to buy/rent the rest of it b/c the rest looks really good.

Blue Dragon
I don't know anyone who reads manga that DOESN'T know CLAMP. Right now I'm really loving Tsubasa: Resevoir Chronicle.

It's actually fairly easy to find anime that's not dubbed. It's called DVD.
1. I don't knoe clamp. I do like manga/anime but do not know hardly any. Tenchi Muyo/in Toyko I enjoyed until they took it off the tv! mad Outlaw Star, also gone.

2. You mean...have the characters talking as normal with English translations at the botton? Well yeah...but subtitles can go too fast.

I watched this Jackie Chan movie called Twinkle Twinkle Lucky Stars, they spoke Chinese...I HAD TO PAUSE THE MOVIE TO READ THE SUBTITLES!

Lana
Tenchi in Tokyo was horrid...and Outlaw Star was rather heavily edited. There were entire episodes not shown.

CLAMP made Cardcaptor Sakura, Magic Knight Rayeart, Chobits, X, Duklyon, Tokyo Babylon, Wish, Clover, Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicle....just to name some of them. There are a lot more.

Yeah, the characters will be speaking in Japanese with English subtitles...and generally the subtitles go slow enough where it's easy to read what they're saying.

soundtrack
there are a lot of animes that were edited or not shown at all. i'm not sure where in the u.s. they did this but i know that when i was watching cowboy bebop on adult swim, the station didnt air ep. 22 'cowboy funk' b/c of the 9/11 attack on the world trade center and the pentagon (it was too closely based on terroist attacks). it also took them this long to begin airing cowboy bebop the movie on adult swim, again with the terroist attack similarity (there planning on showing it some time this year, i think the fall).

sai12
1. I don't knoe clamp. I do like manga/anime but do not know hardly any. Tenchi Muyo/in Toyko I enjoyed until they took it off the tv! mad Outlaw Star, also gone.

2. You mean...have the characters talking as normal with English translations at the botton? Well yeah...but subtitles can go too fast.

I watched this Jackie Chan movie called Twinkle Twinkle Lucky Stars, they spoke Chinese...I HAD TO PAUSE THE MOVIE TO READ THE SUBTITLES!

You must read very slow. Subtitles are usually put at a moderate reader's pace. Even to a slow reader's pace. They want to make sure that EVERYONE can read them. Though maybe...you just stumbled onto some bad subtitling job.

CLAMP is awesome! Those women are Gods almost :P

Lana
Originally posted by soundtrack
there are a lot of animes that were edited or not shown at all. i'm not sure where in the u.s. they did this but i know that when i was watching cowboy bebop on adult swim, the station didnt air ep. 22 'cowboy funk' b/c of the 9/11 attack on the world trade center and the pentagon (it was too closely based on terroist attacks). it also took them this long to begin airing cowboy bebop the movie on adult swim, again with the terroist attack similarity (there planning on showing it some time this year, i think the fall).

I see the Bebop movie on cable movie channels all the time, I must have watched it 15 times on there stick out tongue

You must read very slow. Subtitles are usually put at a moderate reader's pace. Even to a slow reader's pace. They want to make sure that EVERYONE can read them. Though maybe...you just stumbled onto some bad subtitling job.

I love CLAMP, they rock love

Flame Alchemist
I've never seen X but you guys & girls make it sound sooooo goodm I'm gonna check it out at my library.

soundtrack
I see the Bebop movie on cable movie channels all the time, I must have watched it 15 times on there stick out tongue

yea i know that you can watch it on the 'cable movie' stations all the time, but im talking about cartoon network/adultswim. they couldnt/wouldnt show it before b/c of the terroist-like attacks in the films.

Blue Dragon

Oh no. If you watched this film it was very fast. Chinese speak quickly & the subtitles were just like zoom! I ain't kidding. I wouldn't say I'm a fast reader no, I'm not that great at reading.

Takiko_4ever
X Is the Best! I Love Kamui!
Here is Hot!
better than Fuma....yuck!
and i hate the girl in there...what's her name again???

CodeLyokoFan
hello

b-dan
ya i got the movie last year took me a wiel to get it ive taken a liking to Fuma its one of my fave animes. Evangellion is my fave now

Takiko_4ever
go ahead and take Fuma!
but stay away from my Kaumi!
LOL

crazy_c
I've only seen the tv series. The movie sounds... different. Odnesss. I heard it sucks though. I wanna start collecting the manga but i Heard clamp never actually finished it? is this trueness? Cuz it's kind of off putting to start collecting a manga with no ending harumph!

Takiko_4ever
yea the movie kind of sucked...and it was pretty odd!
But i loved the battle parts! The were great!
I have yet got to see the tv series! I heared it was pretty good!
Plus in the previews it looks pretty interesting!
i never read the manga's though.

Blue Dragon
I'd like to see the tv series, but where in the world would you find them?

Takiko_4ever
i don't know???

b-dan
ive seen them anywere at CInema 1 and like future shop for some reason ive also seen the whole box set of the serice

Arachnoidfreak

It got 5 stars.

Good job telling the end to everyone who might not have seen it.

Anyway, yea, it's considered the best anime to come out of that company. I don't even remember what the company is called though.

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak

Anyway, yea, it's considered the best anime to come out of that company. I don't even remember what the company is called though.
Oops, yeah I shouldn't have done that! Stupid! frusty Should have just said it was a sad ending, that is all.

The company who made this is Clamp. Oooh I really want to see the show, I'll browse about on the interent, see if I can find anything. I hope I do, the films one of the best! yes

Takiko_4ever
I think you could download X and watch it on youtube right???

Blue Dragon
I checked yesterday & you can. You can also see the intro but my computer slow so I have to wait until it's fully loaded so I can watch them.

supersayin4goku
so like what is this movie called and why is it so importain is it good i mean if it is i want to get it what is it called

b-dan
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak

Anyway, yea, it's considered the best anime to come out of that company. I don't even remember what the company is called though. i think the company is called Manga well thats the company that made the dvd

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by White Reeper
so like what is this movie called and why is it so importain is it good i mean if it is i want to get it what is it called
I don't think it has a title, just called X. People have posted the image a few times, it has a man holding a sword. Reason why it's so important is because it's so great. Main character returns to Toyko & sees his friends, another man & woman. I think it's the connection between these two men that brought him back & they have to fight, childhood friends.

One chooses dragon of heaven (good) so other has no choice but to choose dragon of earth (bad.) A gang's also involved trying to stop trouble all over the city. These's plenty of action & sadness in this movie, it was also rated a 5 stars quoted by a mag or newspaper, it's very good. You should try it! yes

Search the web to find out more.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.