How many people here have seen JFK?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr Parker
I have looked through many profiles of people on this board and it totally amazes me that other than Doctor Strangelove,I am the only one that has that movie listed as one of my favorite movies of all time? It just makes me wonder if anybody on this board besides us has seen that movie? Ever since I have been here,I have never seen anybody make a post about that movie which amazes me because the movie is a very important event not just in american history but around the world,It changes the course of history forever.yet I dont see anybody else at this site with that movie listed as one of their favorites.Kinda makes me wonder if me and doctor strangelove are the onely ones here who has seen this movie. sad When that movie came out,I became obsessed with it so much I have read dozens of books about it over the years.

WindDancer
I've seen it and is a great film. One of Kevin Costner best roles. But I'm kinda annoy that people claim that really happen. Is only a theory and there was only one shooter. Oliver Stone just throws in a bunch of what if's into the film.

Cinemaddiction
I've been meaning to see it, just seems like a looooooot of time to devote to a drama. I mean, even at 3 hours, it can't be but so faced paced.

Anyone willing to provide a synopsis?

Myth
Watched it twice in school and once on my own.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by WindDancer
I've seen it and is a great film. One of Kevin Costner best roles. But I'm kinda annoy that people claim that really happen. Is only a theory and there was only one shooter. Oliver Stone just throws in a bunch of what if's into the film.

Its actually just a theory by the warren commission Wind that there was only one shooter.There was never any evidence or proof whatsoever that Oswald had anything to do with it.We dont know for sure if the events in that movie happened exactly the way they were shown in it.and they never so say that thats EXACTLY how it happened.Like Costner says-So what really happened that day? Lets speculate for a moment shall we? Making it clear that way things happened in the movie is like you said a theory how it happened.But Stones theory on what REALLY happened that day is a hell of a lot closer to the truth on what really happened that day than the warren commission report is which is just a fairly tale.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Myth
Watched it twice in school and once on my own.

glad to hear you had enough interest in that movie to watch it on your own. smile

Paola
I loved it wink

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
I've been meaning to see it, just seems like a looooooot of time to devote to a drama. I mean, even at 3 hours, it can't be but so faced paced.

Anyone willing to provide a synopsis?

there really isnt anything to highlight. It is nothing more than a lawyer trying to prove a conspiracy. Throw in your average threats, murders and cover-ups and you have JFK. that isnt a bad thing though, just kind of redundant.

Sarah_73
I've watched it, n i thought it were quite good for a film which dont have that much action in.. It did manage to keep ur attention for the full 3 hours or however long it were) So that's quite gud, for a film u av 2 think bout 2 understand.

Jackie Malfoy
I know who he is but I never seened tht movie before!Or do you mean the tv movie?I had seened alittle of that a while back when it was on.
I am not a huge fan of that guy.JM

botankus
They mean the Oliver Stone theatrical movie that came out almost 15 years ago.

botankus
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction

I feel for you...almost.

I accomplished a major feat this past weekend, and it only took me 3 days to do it.
Gone With The Wind. Yep, that's right. All 233 minutes of it.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Sarah_73
I've watched it, n i thought it were quite good for a film which dont have that much action in.. It did manage to keep ur attention for the full 3 hours or however long it were) So that's quite gud, for a film u av 2 think bout 2 understand.

Yeah thats whats so amazing about that film is the fact that its just a movie where very little action is in it and the majority of the time they are just talking.yet its still a great film.Most movies I see where they just stand around and talk the whole time,I cannot stand those kinds of movies,but this was a special and unique case because everything they talked about was so incredibly interesting it kept you glued to your seat and kept you from getting bored since it was so fasinationg. smile

bakerboy
Very good taste, mr parker. This movie is one of the best movies of the 90s, and one of my favorites films of Oliver Stone with platoon and the doors. I have it on dvd, the director's cut, and it made of it a better movie. it brings of of the main thehories about Kenedy's murder and it was exposed and telled in a brillaint way. The script is wonderful, the direction powerful and the acting amazing. Kevin costner best role, Sisi Spasseck, tommy lee jones, gary oldman, kevin bacon , laurie metalcaft, joe pesscy, jack lemmon, walther matthau, and specially donald shuterland ( his scene with costner was incredible well acted, one of the best moments in cinema of the last 15 years) are all very well casted and deliver great performances. To resume it, great, great movie. a 9 of 10.

Mr Parker
Yeah that scene of Costner and Donald Sutherland was amazing.Totally blew my mind away the first couple times I watched and listenend to that scene.Its a travesty of justice this movie lost out on best picture award to that horrible Silence Of the Lambs.No justice.

gentmax
Go to IMDB and check out who all was in that movie. Even John Candy did a great job. The length of the movie was never an issue with me. In fact, every time I've watched it, as soon as it's over, I want to watch it again, because there is so much information thrown at you. One of my personal favorites. Maybe I should buy the DVD.

elementdeltaX
Definately a very well made and high quality movie. I've watched this movie 2 times in the past week and I actually going to go watch it again now there is just so much information thrown at you like qentmax said. It's definately one of my all time favorites and if you haven't seen it I would definately recommend it.

Mr Parker
2 times in the past week? these two times were they the first two times you ever saw it?

Bardock42
Nope havent seen it......

DineshD
Seen the movie several times...too long for my taste...but a great movie...if you want a good explanation of the theory and how it is debunked...watch Penn and Tellers show Bullshi*t on SHOWTIME ... the episode is titled Conspiracies..

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Paola
I loved it wink

awesome,its a great movie.very close to the truth as well.

Koenig
Not bad for it's time but I am not buying the conspiracy theory.

Evil Dead
good movie.........nice way to kill a lazy saturday. Who killed Kennedy? Who cares. He's just as dead. Oswald's rifle being recovered, we atleast know he took part. Who cares, he's dead too. Was he acting alone?......perhaps......perhaps not. Either way, Kennedy's dead......and the one man we know to have fired atleast one shot from his very own rifle recovered at the scene is also dead.

coolboarder98
Well I'm back from an extended absense, and this seemed like the perfect thread to post in.

I too have seen JFK and loved it, though if anyone is thinking of watching it on their own, maybe do a little backgroud research into the JFK assassination. I watched this movie for the first time as part of a journalism class in my high school, as part of a section on various forms of propoganda and how different forms of media can be altered to tell a different story....
Than I watched it on my own during the summer. Truly Oliver Stone knows how to tell an event, even one that holds so many different opinions such as the JFK assassination. All in all, it's one of those movies I think everyone should see at least once.

Mr Parker
great post,my thoughts as well.I tell people if they are only going to see one more movie in their lifetime,they should make it JFK.I have read several dozens of books on the subject and I totally understand why stone chose jim marrs book CROSSFIRE-the plot that killed kennedy because IMO its the book that has done the most extensive research on the case and proves that stone pretty much hit the nail right on the head on everything he said in that movie.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Koenig
Not bad for it's time but I am not buying the conspiracy theory.

dont tell me you accept the fairy tale version called the warren commission? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kram3r
I'm not going to go into the conspiracy theory in this post because that's reserved for the forum dedicated to it. However, I loved this movie. Great acting & story.

Impediment
It was a good movie, IMO. Myself, personally, I don't care for Kevin Costner as an actor. But I didn't let that impede my critique on an otheriwse good movie.

Cowboyography
It wasa fantastic movie, in fact reading this thread has inspired me to go to blockbuster and get it for this evening. smile

SUPERSOLDIER
I loved it.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Cowboyography
It wasa fantastic movie, in fact reading this thread has inspired me to go to blockbuster and get it for this evening. smile

great to hear that. Happy Dance

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Kram3r
I'm not going to go into the conspiracy theory in this post because that's reserved for the forum dedicated to it. However, I loved this movie. Great acting & story.

Hahaha...The topic of the whole movie is a conspiracy, but you don't want to discuss that? Hahaha...Too funny.

Yeah, JFK is a great movie. Really nice lights. I loved the sounds...Oooo, the sounds.

Kram3r
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Hahaha...The topic of the whole movie is a conspiracy, but you don't want to discuss that? Hahaha...Too funny.

Oh, and you were able to work that out by yourself? That's great. It's good you're not just pointing out the obvious. roll eyes (sarcastic)

No, I don't want to discuss the conspiracy, which is why I only gave my opinion on the movie. I think discussing the theory would result in this thread being moved into the Conspiracy forum so I left it at that.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Oh, and you were able to work that out by yourself? That's great. It's good you're not just pointing out the obvious. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I guess the feeling of incredulousness is only something you provoke, but not understand.

No, I don't want to discuss the conspiracy, which is why I only gave my opinion on the movie. I think discussing the theory would result in this thread being moved into the Conspiracy forum so I left it at that.

Haha, I guess you forgot that you mentioned that the 'story' was good, but you're not going to discuss that here. Thank you for your respect for your civic duty. It is wholly honorable. Hahahaha. However, when discussing a movie that has the central thesis of a conspiracy, it would probably be pertinent to discuss that. Otherwise, it's like going to see a football match, and only discussing the lovely boots the players wore.

Kram3r
I guess the feeling of incredulousness is only something you provoke, but not understand.

Is that what you're calling it now, "the feeling of incredulousness"? I thought it was compensation for a small penis, my fault.

Haha, I guess you forgot that you mentioned that the 'story' was good, but you're not going to discuss that here. Thank you for your respect for your civic duty. It is wholly honorable. Hahahaha.

I know I mentioned the story but all I mention of it was that I thought it was good, no more.

However, when discussing a movie that has the central thesis of a conspiracy, it would probably be pertinent to discuss that. Otherwise, it's like going to see a football match, and only discussing the lovely boots the players wore.

I must say you do make a point. However, there are conspiracy nuts on this forum and giving my opinion may make certain members result in flaming and result in lengthy posts which I don't want to get into and personally, I think is a waste of time.

Roland
I've seen it and thought it was a great film, I also have the book The Killing of a President. I suggest that if you're really interested in the JFK assassination you take a look at that book b/c it does pose some very good questions about the whole assassination.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Is that what you're calling it now, "the feeling of incredulousness"? I thought it was compensation for a small penis, my fault.

You're right. I do have a ridiculously small penis. Thanks for showering me in shame.

I know I mentioned the story but all I mention of it was that I thought it was good, no more.

I must say you do make a point. However, there are conspiracy nuts on this forum and giving my opinion may make certain members result in flaming and result in lengthy posts which I don't want to get into and personally, I think is a waste of time.

Fair enough. I can understand your reasoning now, it just seemed a little bizarre at first.

Anyway, yeah, I liked 'JFK'. It's definitely one of Oliver Stone's better movies, along with 'Nixon', 'Platoon', 'Wall Street', and 'Born On The 4th of July'.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Roland
I've seen it and thought it was a great film, I also have the book The Killing of a President. I suggest that if you're really interested in the JFK assassination you take a look at that book b/c it does pose some very good questions about the whole assassination.

Yeah I know.Thats a great book. thumb up It for sure poses some good questions about the assassination for sure.The photos for sure show there was at least one gunman behind the picket fence in that book.

Kram3r
You're right. I do have a ridiculously small penis. Thanks for showering me in shame.

Oh, don't worry, there are many ways to fix such a problem. I recommend this guy he's the best.

Fair enough. I can understand your reasoning now, it just seemed a little bizarre at first.

That's ok.

Roland
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Yeah I know.Thats a great book. thumb up It for sure poses some good questions about the assassination for sure.The photos for sure show there was at least one gunman behind the picket fence in that book.

Other than the photos the one thing that I think clearly shows there was more than one gunman was the whole "Single Bullet Theory". The theory says that only three shots were fired, one shot missed, the second shot hit J.F.K in the head. The other shot hit the back of his neck, went through his body, exited his throat, continued on to strike Governor Connally by the right armpit, fracturing his rib and collapsing a lung. Now this is where the bullet gets freaky, after collapsing his lung the bullet exits his chest by his right nipple, it then enters and exits his right wrist and then bury's itself in his left thigh.

Also add this into account, the doctor that treated Connally stated that the bullet "behaved as thought it had never struck anything but him."

More than one gunman or freaky coincidence?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.