Spiderman & Cap. America vs. X-team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FieryBalrog
Spiderman and the X-men dont clash often in the comics, but Spideys messed with them a coupla times and theyve roughed him up a few times too. Captain America usually teams up with Logan on missions, but theyve crossed paths quite a few times too...

Who punks who?

Spiderman
Captain America

vs.

Havok
Shadowcat
Husk
Wolverine
Angel

CorderaMitchell
Those odds on the x side seem a little overwhelming, but spidey is all about overwhelming,and Cap is about strategy, peter rests in problem solving.

Regardless, will not rest my point until I get more data.

Have you seen where Cap and Spidey team up against the insect woman and spidey becomes a host for her, the woman used to know captain america pretty well and was experimented upon in the war, making her want vengeance,blah,blah,blah.

FieryBalrog
actually I purposefully chose a team of rather low-key X-men... cmon, Angel is on the team! big grin

nah, I havent read that story about Cap. America and Spiderman and Insect woman.

Creshosk
Wow. . . this is a tough call. . .For some reason I only see it coming down to Cap, Wolvie, and spidey at a standstill draw, maybe husk is in there depending largly if she has a jagged adamantium configuration.

Spiderman can take out havok(webbing in the eyes keeps him from being able to safely fight with his power), and angel.
Cap's sheild presents a problem for Kitty.

If Husk has an jagged adamantium configuration she would be able to keep from being taken out but she couldn't do much to Spiderman and Cap'n America. If not, she goes down too.

Then it leaves Spiderman and cap'n against wolverine, with them not being able to do anything to each other . . .

CorderaMitchell
Hmmm mostly melee fighters,

I need to know how you think spidey stands against guys like wolverine, daredevil, and cap before I go further.

Creshosk
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
Hmmm mostly melee fighters,

I need to know how you think spidey stands against guys like wolverine, daredevil, and cap before I go further. One on one Spidey can beat DD and Cap'n it won't be easy to do but he could do it.

And you know that I think that the only thing wolverine could do to spidey is those claws. and there isn't anything that spidey can do to wolvie anymore. . .

FieryBalrog
Husk- unless she's changed- has steel as her strongest metamorphosis. This was back in Dominant Species though, I think shes been in limbo for a while...

Creshosk
Originally posted by FieryBalrog
Husk- unless she's changed- has steel as her strongest metamorphosis. This was back in Dominant Species though, I think shes been in limbo for a while... Just steel wouldn't do. lol

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by Creshosk
Just steel wouldn't do. lol

Well, she would be a factor...

I love how Angel's been ignored completely...

Scoobless
And you know that I think that the only thing wolverine could do to spidey is those claws. and there isn't anything that spidey can do to wolvie anymore. . .

what do you mean "anymore"?

i can think of a couple of ways spidey could dissable/kill Wolverine

Draco69
Couldn't Kitty just phase her teammates while Havok unleashes a devastating omni-directional plasma attack. Cap might survive. But Spidey certainly won't.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Draco69
Couldn't Kitty just phase her teammates while Havok unleashes a devastating omni-directional plasma attack. Cap might survive. But Spidey certainly won't.

if he's phased with them then his plasma may affect the people in the same phased state as himself and not anything in regular ......... phasage ........ confused

plus Spidey could find cover or hide behind Cap

CorderaMitchell
More than too many ways too render wolvie ineffective,

Wolverine has to get spidey on his terms and where i come from that is a disadvantage.

Lets put it this way. From an enemie's perspective.

If i go in the air, who is the greatest threat.

If i am hit which one does greater damage.

If I through a projectile who will dodge it easier, and possibly send it back.

Who is the hardest to hit.

Who is the most resourseful.

Who is harder to avoid, etc.

All points and more said, spidey would be the greater threat to the villan.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Scoobless
what do you mean "anymore"?

i can think of a couple of ways spidey could dissable/kill Wolverine

Come on the spidey vs. wolverine thread and see what he means.

Draco69
Havok isn't affected by his own power. So there's no reason to phase him. Kitty would phase all of her teammates except Havok

The plasma wave is still gonna hurt. It's not concussive. It's heat. It can be as hot as the sun. It's similar to Torch's supernova.

life is cruell
Originally posted by Scoobless
if he's phased with them then his plasma may affect the people in the same phased state as himself and not anything in regular ......... phasage ........ confused

plus Spidey could find cover or hide behind Cap

If havok hits them with an omni directional blast then hiding behind that shield wont help its only like 3 feet wide, the shield would be fine but theyll get fried. Also i dotn think adamantium hurts kitty in her phased state just disorients her a litlle.

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by life is cruell
If havok hits them with an omni directional blast then hiding behind that shield wont help its only like 3 feet wide, the shield would be fine but theyll get fried. Also i dotn think adamantium hurts kitty in her phased state just disorients her a litlle.

its more than just disorienting. She feels sick and the more the adamantium, the worse it is. Caps shield would likely cause her some considerable pain, IF he managed to connect, considering she can just phase underground and hide.

Draco69
and pull Cap down into the ground and suffocate him.

Cosmic Cube
Havok isn't affected by his own power. So there's no reason to phase him. Kitty would phase all of her teammates except Havok

The plasma wave is still gonna hurt. It's not concussive. It's heat. It can be as hot as the sun. It's similar to Torch's supernova.

It's amazing that no one else thought of this. Havok could melt Cap and Spidey.

Cap throwing his shield is the stupidest thing he could do.

snoopdogg
I agree Havoks has a huge advantage with his energy projection skills. I dont see Cap and Spidey dodging too many blasts.

Although it is possible.

FieryBalrog
Havok doesn't typically shoot to kill though. He's always restraining himself.

Creshosk
Well, she would be a factor...

I love how Angel's been ignored completely... I see spiderman getting havok in the eyes with a webshot, and webbing angel up.

Spiderman and Cap'n are inteligent so they'd probably take out the long rangeand or people that would cause the biggest problem first, and you can tell by the thread that havok is the most dangerous to them.

Angel would cause problems because he can fly . . .

Cosmic Cube
I see spiderman getting havok in the eyes with a webshot, and webbing angel up.

Spiderman and Cap'n are inteligent so they'd probably take out the long rangeand or people that would cause the biggest problem first, and you can tell by the thread that havok is the most dangerous to them.

Angel would cause problems because he can fly . . .

How would hitting Havok in the eyes hinder an omnidirectional blast?

Creshosk
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube

Havok doesn't typically shoot to kill though. He's always restraining himself.

who?-kid
I love how Angel's been ignored completely...
Who ?

stick out tongue

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by who?-kid
Who ?

stick out tongue

shifty

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube

because he wouldnt know if his teammates were in the clear or not.

CorderaMitchell
yeah who's angel? angel

seeing as spidey and cap are now incapable of harming wolverine this match goes to the x side.

Creshosk
yeah who's angel? angel

seeing as spidey and cap are now incapable of harming wolverine this match goes to the x side. I think it ends in a draw, likewise wolverine wouldn't be able to beat Cap'n and spidey. . .

CorderaMitchell
you never agree with me do you? stick out tongue

Creshosk
you never agree with me do you? stick out tongue Probably not. I gave my reasons for the draw, what are your reasons for the X side winning?

CorderaMitchell
no actually I was going for more of a draw anyway.

Angel will be nullified by spidy,and he has the best chance against havok, they could easily beat any of these guys together, but numbers count in the end.

MERCILOUS
no actually I was going for more of a draw anyway.

Angel will be nullified by spidy,and he has the best chance against havok, they could easily beat any of these guys together, but numbers count in the end.

Too bad you don't think that way on the Spidey vs. Cap, DD and Wolvie thread.

CorderaMitchell
Yep but those guys don't fly or shoot reliable blasts, and can't avoid the webbing as easily.

Seriously, I agree with Cresh and you still pick on me, oh well, you all seem to like to do it, give the kid his lollipop I guess.

long pig
I could see spidey/cap team working.
Cap is a master at deflecting energy blasts back at, or against others, Havoks blasts will more likely hit angel and wolverine.

Draco69
People. Havok uses omni-directional blasts regularly. In fact he used it when he was only two feet away from Wolverine. He used it against the Goblyn Queen. He used it against Sinester. He'll use it against Spidey and Cap.

What people don't know is that is blasts aren't MEANT to be directed in a single line. His power in it's natural form is omnidirectional. However he redirects his power in a straight line much like older brother. This is precisely why Havok wears the funky looking suit.

One omnidirectional blast at the max and the Avengers-lite are screwed.

FieryBalrog
People. Havok uses omni-directional blasts regularly. In fact he used it when he was only two feet away from Wolverine. He used it against the Goblyn Queen. He used it against Sinester. He'll use it against Spidey and Cap.

What people don't know is that is blasts aren't MEANT to be directed in a single line. His power in it's natural form is omnidirectional. However he redirects his power in a straight line much like older brother. This is precisely why Havok wears the funky looking suit.

One omnidirectional blast at the max and the Avengers-lite are screwed.

but it will hit his teammates, they have to get clear/get phased. In that time, I think Spiderman could possibly put him out of commission.

MrHeavySilence
The X-Men have been outsmarted and infiltrated before

If this is a head on 5 on 2 fight then Spidey/Cap will lose.

Draco69
but it will hit his teammates, they have to get clear/get phased. In that time, I think Spiderman could possibly put him out of commission.

It will take all of two seconds. The X-Men are standing in a group at the start of the battle anyway. They all hold hands. And Havok unleashes a megaton explosion. Spidey aint that fast.

Creshosk
It will take all of two seconds. The X-Men are standing in a group at the start of the battle anyway. They all hold hands. And Havok unleashes a megaton explosion. Spidey aint that fast. They'd have to discuss that plan first. . . And he'd have to convince them to go along with it.

Which would give Spiderman and Cap'n A the few seconds they need to discuss what to do, so while havok tries to convice the opther's of his plan. . . Cap'n A and Spidey have probably started and *splat* right in the eyes. . .

What'd be great is if this freaked havok out and caused him to go off wiping out his team. . .

Draco69
They'd have to discuss that plan first. . . And he'd have to convince them to go along with it.

Which would give Spiderman and Cap'n A the few seconds they need to discuss what to do, so while havok tries to convice the opther's of his plan. . . Cap'n A and Spidey have probably started and *splat* right in the eyes. . .

What'd be great is if this freaked havok out and caused him to go off wiping out his team. . .

As CC said:

"Imaginative. Highly improbable. But imaginative."

Not gonna happen.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.