Zarathos vs. Dr Strange.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CorderaMitchell
Who will win, discuss.

Creshosk
Originally posted by jinzin
when zarathos came back he wasn't even at full power and he was able to put strange, doc strange, gr, blaze, vengeance, caretaker, blade, and a bunch of other heroes on the run just simply by showing up.

Cosmic Cube
Was that Strange at his current level of power? Right now, not many people can mess with the Doc. I seriouly doubt Zarathos is more powerful than the Vishanti. I'm almost certain he isn't.

CorderaMitchell
Can you explain why

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
Can you explain why

Why Zarathos isn't more powerful than the Vishanti? Does it really require explanation?

CorderaMitchell
Well jeez, lets put it this way, one person thinks he is and another thinks he isn't, so you make an explation to prove why, you have argued with jinzin before right?

jinzin
honestly I'm not too familiar with stranges powers now....like I said when zarathos put strange on the run he did it at half to a quarter of his strength...and the doc strange of that time period held to a stalemate against adam warlock with the infinity gems.....that's some serious amount of power to put on the run....if strange has gotten more powerful than that since....well...just how powerful I ask? cause that's pretty damned impressive.

long pig
Did zarathos fight Strange in the dark realm or on earth?
When did any of this happen?

jinzin
it was on earth...during the godforsaken darkness saga...it was horrible writing (in terms of story) even more horribly drawn...and the well it wasn't much of a fight..it was more like a strange:"everyone lets get the **** out of here right now!" situation.......and it happened on earth.... if it happened in hell...well......I don't even want to think about it....

long pig
I'm pretty sure Centurious beat a full strength Zarathos.

jinzin
centurious had items specifically designed to beat zarathos...and he couldn't even beat him...he just stalemated him.....zarathos wasn't fully powered....his power was already being sapped from mephisto....

CorderaMitchell
wait out of curiosity , is this the character that shuma gorath is in the same universe with?

Cosmic Cube
it was on earth...during the godforsaken darkness saga...it was horrible writing (in terms of story) even more horribly drawn...and the well it wasn't much of a fight..it was more like a strange:"everyone lets get the **** out of here right now!" situation.......and it happened on earth.... if it happened in hell...well......I don't even want to think about it....

There's no such thing as bad writing. big grin Of course Wolverine can beat Lobo.

What issue did he fight Zarathos in?

long pig
I remember Z' being able to claim souls and such, human souls.
Strange's soul is immortal and protected by Eternity, I don't know if Z can counter that.

Still, Z' is more powerful than mephisto in hell right???

jinzin
lol......It wasn't bad...it was beyond concepts like bad.....if you could put bad on steroids this would be it....

jinzin
I dunno....isn't mephisto's power in hell contingent on something? I mean doesn't it flucuate? in any case he's at least on the same level...and mephisto is scared of him...

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by long pig
I remember Z' being able to claim souls and such, human souls.
Strange's soul is immortal and protected by Eternity, I don't know if Z can counter that.

Still, Z' is more powerful than mephisto in hell right???

...But certainly not more powerful than the Infinity Gauntlet.

Agamotto is above Zarathos. So is Cyttorak, and Watoomb. The Vishanti would be overkill.

Cosmic Cube
Mephisto is overrated, plain and simple. Hulk walked into hell and bitchslapped him.

jinzin
i think it's slightly contingent on where..in hell? hmmm it's probably debateable......I mean zarathos was supposedly the most powerful existence to roam there back in the day.....but who knows....

long pig
True true.

I was just wondering if Z' could steal unhuman souls. Because Strange's soul is no longer human in nearly every aspect.

Z' faught Centurious, and couldn't steal his soul....

Mephisto's power in his realm is nearly absolute, he can grant himself any power he wants. So being on his level is impressive.

long pig
lol Hulk did??

jinzin
hmmm good question...In my opinion zarathos would have a hard enough time taking his soul even if he were still human...simply based off his raw talent in magic protective spells and whatnot....but then again...who knows.....

Cosmic Cube
I won't hesitate to prove anything I say.

Ahem.

jinzin
damn....that sucks...

long pig
haha...that was awesome.

Beyonder
Dr. Strange. Zarathos is strong but even back then he couldn't beat Mephisto.

Strange would beat down Zarathos. Cyttorak and the Vishanti's are above Zarathos. Stealing souls and such to power ones self, Cyttorak and the Vishanti are above that - heck they dwell in there own cosmos and unknowingly lend out there powers to sorcerrers.

jinzin
he doesn't need to steal souls for power...his power is his own confused it's just an ability he has......mephisto needed help, a distraction, and specific "anti-zarathos" weapons to be able to beat him.....why would strange run like hell if he thought he could take down zarathos....of course how much stronger has he become since then? cause I honestly don't know...

Beyonder
he doesn't need to steal souls for power...his power is his own confused it's just an ability he has......mephisto needed help, a distraction, and specific "anti-zarathos" weapons to be able to beat him.....why would strange run like hell if he thought he could take down zarathos....of course how much stronger has he become since then? cause I honestly don't know...

What version of Strange was that? He didn't seem like the normal Dr. Strange. Heck, he had some kind of an ugly costume and mask on.

The normal Dr. Strange enters Dormammu's realm and isn't afraid. Zarathos ain't nothing more than a Ghost Rider villain. Strange didn't run away from Nebula with the IG or Warlock, nor did he run from Nightmare, Shuma Gorath, or Mephisto. Heck, he and Doom ventured to Mephisto's realm to save Doom's mother.

Strange has fought worse.

jinzin
not when zarathos first showed up....it was just regular old dr. strange......

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Mephisto is overrated, plain and simple. Hulk walked into hell and bitchslapped him.

lol

long pig
It surely happened in a GR comic right?
Plus, Strange may have been trying to get Blaze and the other humans away, because Z could effect them.

But, what exactly could Z do to Strange? The soul steal is out, so he'd have to rely on fighting with something else.

jinzin
Z could do any number of things...absorb his energy, send him to hell, burn him with hellfire.....strange had more than one oppurtunity to fight with zarathos and didn't want anything to do with him...neither did caretaker (my point being caretaker knew what zarathos could do) until the midnight sons got a weapon that was specifically designed to kill/vanquish him....but yeah it happened in a string of gr and gr related comics...and some doc strange ones too actually....part of a series I wouldn't wish the pain inflicted of upon anyone....god it sucked..

long pig
I always dug the idea of GhostRider and all, but he was never written right.
They tried too hard to make it like a scary movie, instead of some supernatural.

Who knows what's going to happen when his movie comes out next year....god help us, nick cage......no...

jinzin
yeah I was about as excited about that as I was when I heard he was going to do the lead role in superman....in other words sick......oh well he was kinda cool in con air and all but......i dunno.....(shakes head)

long pig
Yeah...........that's just........horrible......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.