Pheonix vs Apocalypse and Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hulk Power
Who would win? (The Phoenix has prep time.) cool

GalacticStorm
Phoenix with ease

Hulk Power
Come on guys. Answer my question. I know some of you have different thoughts or opinions about the outcome of this battle.

Cosmic Cube
No, seriously. Phoenix wins without trying very hard at all.

Hulk Power
Wow. blink I had no idea. Just how strong is Pheonix? Who is powerful enough to take her down?

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Hulk Power
Wow. blink I had no idea. Just how strong is Pheonix? Who is powerful enough to take her down?

It's still under discussion. The Phoenix may be just below The One Above All, though I am skeptical of it.

No one beneath the Infinity Gauntlet could come close to defeating The Phoenix.

Hulk Power
Thats crazy. I wish I had her powers.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Hulk Power
Thats crazy. I wish I had her powers.

lol, I don't think I would. Being totally immortal and unbeatable has got to bet boring at some point. You'd have to watch everyone you love die.

...Then again, it's not like she can't bring any of her loved ones back to life with a thought. Maybe it would be OK to be The Phoenix. Maybe.

Hulk Power
Heck yeah. eek! It would be so cool to have her powers.

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
lol, I don't think I would. Being totally immortal and unbeatable has got to bet boring at some point. You'd have to watch everyone you love die.

y'know, thats real odd. For a while I've been thinking about how great it would be to explore this Faustian nature of her character- constantly being reborn, never being able to stop and get release, watching everyone you care for slip away while you remain chained to the cycle of life/rebirth. It would make for a great comic if it were explored properly, I say! big grin

I'm a sucker for these religious/mythic elements every time...

I also had almost the same idea- that the Dark Phoenix was born out of boredom and desperation... wink

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by FieryBalrog
y'know, thats real odd. For a while I've been thinking about how great it would be to explore this Faustian nature of her character- constantly being reborn, never being able to stop and get release, watching everyone you care for slip away while you remain chained to the cycle of life/rebirth. It would make for a great comic if it were explored properly, I say! big grin

I'm a sucker for these religious/mythic elements every time...

I also had almost the same idea- that the Dark Phoenix was born out of boredom and desperation... wink

She could just bring them back whenever she wanted to.

FieryBalrog
She could just bring them back whenever she wanted to.

but they would hate her for it... eventually. Have you read Dune?

Cosmic Cube
but they would hate her for it... eventually. Have you read Dune?

I guess they would. No, I haven't.

Xplosive
Phoenix

Tron
As powerful as he is, Apocalypse has no business going against either of these two. And against a FULLY powered Galactus, Phoenix will have her hands full, in my opinion.

Xplosive
Originally posted by Tron
As powerful as he is, Apocalypse has no business going against either of these two. And against a FULLY powered Galactus, Phoenix will have her hands full, in my opinion.

She won't have trouble.

Lord S
This battle would be more equal (and fun) if you were using a Phoenix avatar, IMO. It's more of an actual battle that way.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Tron

After the retcon, Phoenix was amped unimaginably. Phoenix is above abstrects such as Eternity, Infinity, and Death, and it exists beyond the multiverse. The Phoenix is a manifestation of the primal force of creation. I don't think she would have any problem at all defeating a fully powered Galactus.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Lord S
This battle would be more equal (and fun) if you were using a Phoenix avatar, IMO. It's more of an actual battle that way.

It had better be Racheal, or someone. Jean isn't even an avatar anymore. She is the force.

FieryBalrog
It had better be Racheal, or someone. Jean isn't even an avatar anymore. She is the force.

thats what an avatar is. It would be more correct to call Rachel a "host".

Avatar literally means incarnation, "God-made-flesh".

Cosmic Cube

OK... Then who is a Phoenix avatar besides Jean?

Xplosive

Jean is not God-made fles, she is not God.

Cosmic Flame
Jean is the only true Phoenix avatar.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Xplosive

She is the Phoenix Force made flesh, whatever that means.

Cosmic Flame
Well, Phoenix was described as Tiphareth back in the day. That's the sphere on the Tree of Life that corresponds to God (whatever that means to you) leaving the realm of the divine and entering the physical world. Many Kabbalahists associate Christ and similar divinities with this sphere.

FieryBalrog
OK... Then who is a Phoenix avatar besides Jean?

as of now, no one... maybe there will be, but I doubt it.

interesting thing: originally Rachel was supposed to be a virgin conception, the Phoenix's daughter, and thats why they shared powers. But they dumped it and changed it to an alternate reality daughter.

The funny thing is, although this alternate reality Rachel was born to a Jean who died before fulfilling her potential and manifesting the force, she still has phoenix powers thanks to her DNA.

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by Xplosive

you are right, she is not God made flesh, she is the Phoenix made flesh. She isn't God, shes the Phoenix. big grin

Wolverine v2 #125- I've posted a scan, already- she is an "archangel made flesh".

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
Well, Phoenix was described as Tiphareth back in the day. That's the sphere on the Tree of Life that corresponds to God (whatever that means to you) leaving the realm of the divine and entering the physical world. Many Kabbalahists associate Christ and similar divinities with this sphere.

thats one of my favorite issues. Religious symbology, mythology, the planet with no name... mmmmm.

markolin
Where is the scan? I do not have that wolverine issue (one of the precious few phoenix related comics)

FieryBalrog
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=4081825#post4081825

theres a scan of it there.

markolin
Thanks! A beautiful pic Happy Dance Happy Dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.