Balance to the force...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Insomnia
Two Jedi, two sith at the end of episode III... Seems fairly balanced, especially with the addition of luke later on.
Plus in the end Anakin ends up destroying the sith...

What did the Jedi expect?

Darth Travizzle
huh ...

Robin Darkside
what exactly is the question?

Darth_Decimator
was wondering that myself Robin big grin

Robin Darkside
Originally posted by Darth_Decimator
was wondering that myself Robin big grin
big grin

jerlark386
I could be wrong on this but I'm fairly certain the jedi didn't expect to get there asses hand to them, if thats the question your asking.

Insomnia
The prophecy said that the chosen one was to bring balance to the force, and doesn't that mean between light and dark? I think if it were just the jedi, the force wouldn't be balanced...

Robin Darkside
The balance of of force has been discussed on many threads.
I think it is that in order to have balance the sith must be destroyed, so the term balance actually means, the destruction of evil. rather then an equilibrium between good and evil

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Robin Darkside
The balance of of force has been discussed on many threads.
I think it is that in order to have balance the sith must be destroyed, so the term balance actually means, the destruction of evil. rather then an equilibrium between good and evil
I was thinking something like that too. Like how if your body is in balance, you're healthy. No illnesses. The sith/dark jedi would be like an infection to the force.

Robin Darkside
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
I was thinking something like that too. Like how if your body is in balance, you're healthy. No illnesses. The sith/dark jedi would be like an infection to the force.

thats a good way to put it
smile

darthmaul1
Here's something at the start of the phantom menace before the jedi relized the sith had returned. Did they not have balance then without any sith?

the prophecy was miss read according to yoda, "a prophecy miss read may have been"

So Anakin does bring balance by being good going dark and back to good, and destroying the evil.

Robin Darkside
When yoda referred to the prophecy being miss read, he was refering to Anakin may or may not be the one who will bring balance to the force.
After he said that, we will never know if Anakin was the one to bring the force into balance. So, when yoda said that, he didn;t mean that balance was never going to happen. ALthough, thats a good point, the sith returned without them knowing, and the force wasn;t balanced before...

Ahh thats a good one, if they didn;t know the sith returned, and the force wasn;t in balance (EP I), then whats going on here?
Should start a thread on this...

darthmaul1
I don't think yoda was refering to Anakin with the prophecy, cause I doubt the prophecy has the persons name that will bring balance. I really do think that the jedi did not understand the full concept of the prophecy and that it would mean that the chosen one will have to be good and bad to bring balance

Robin Darkside
Well then that would mean that the whole prophecy is a bunch of bull, you then cant say anything about the prophecy being true. Although, it does happen in EP VI.

I'm pretty sure Yoda and Mace were refering to Anakin. meaning that he may or may not be the one.

no prophecy ever happens the way we would think it would, otherwise it will not be a prophecy. The kinda ironic thing is that Anakin turns the the darkside, then eventually turns back to bring the force in balance by killing Palpy. So, the prophecy eventually became true, but it didn't happen as expected. Totally caught the Jedi off gaurd

also, they didn;t know the name of the person, but Quigon believed him to be cause of his high midiclorian count

Darth_Rankkor
I still believe that balance in the force is like Yin Yang, Dark and Light. The jedi were to political too. The jedi order needed to be recicled. And light with out dark it's like being day all year.

Ushgarak
As ever, this notion of Balance is totally at odds with what George Lucas meant by Balance. It is NOTHING to do with equal numbers of anything, it is only to do with destroying the Sith.

Discussed many times elsewhere, so closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.