"Webshooter"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leren
Make some with CO2 Cartridges, tubes, puncture needles, small electric spinners (to form "strand"wink Have a solid platform that will fit comfortably and a good puncture system in place while keeping the mechanism in an air-tight environment. Formula for "web" (don't swing with this stuff)

1/3 light CA glue (super glue)
1/3 anti-adhesive (preserve as liquid)
1/3 regular Elmer's glue (for texture)

add a small amount of vinegar and salt (to speed reaction when exposed to cold air)

Works great. Looks real. Performs. (don't swing though -it doesn't shoot more than 25ft anyway)

I will provide image soon (maybe if I have time)

Gen-117
blink you actually made one?

leren
Sure, why not? Follow my ideas, and you can make one too (if you're creative). experiment with different hardware. Definately experiment with the "web" formula. Let me know if you can make improvements!

Spideys Sister
Oh my god! That...I'm obsessed and sure I've thought about doing that before but I wasn't sure how...Man now I need some cash to try it out

Mr Parker
Hey thanks for sharing that with us.Looking forward to the image you will provide. smile

spider-venom
Deffinatly trying this one out a soon as possible!

leren
I will have pictures tomorrow. (6-11)

Time Of Evil II
Originally posted by leren
I will have pictures tomorrow. (6-11)

Quick! Post them!

Spideys Sister
Yay! I need to copy what I need....Man You rock!!!!

leren
I'll post them as soon as possible. I need to down-size the pictures so they will fit.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Stevie
Deffinatly trying this one out a soon as possible!

OMG.... i can see the news reports now

Hundreds of "fanboys" were found dead across the world this morning after attempting to copy their comic book hero Spider-Man"

"the fanboys had taken tips from a poster on an Internet comic forum and had attempted to recreate the "web" substance used in the comic books and, more recently, on the big screen by the so called "Amazing" Spider-Man..... while the original poster had told them NOT to swing from this home made web formula, most of them had been far too excited and couldn't help but try to do just ONE swing from the roof of their own homes"

"A spokesman for Marvel comics added"
.......... "these freakin' retarded fanboys are gonna be the death of me.... hey... are you a reporter?... IS THAT F**KIN' CAMERA ON???......"
"at which point we lost transmission"

"the police are currently searching for one Mr "leren" and have high hopes he... or she.... will be able to aid them in their quest for a scapegoat"

>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<

"in other comic related news it turns out that Spider-Man can indeed defeat Captain America, DareDevil and Wolverine all at the same time"

roll eyes (sarcastic)

leren
I didn't say it looked good, I just said it functioned. The substance is stored in the main chamber, which is a 6oz model airplane fuel tank available at most hobby stores. With the pressure created by the output of the CO2 cartridge, the fluid is forced through the opening on the opposite side if the chamber (I also added a secondary rubber pipe that extends to to the nozzle). The substance is immediately spun by the "nozzle," which is a funnel attached directly to the 4.5v electric located at the entrance of the mechanism. The substance is rotated at about 1,500RPM. (only a small amount is actually forced into the mechanism) ------ During this time, the substance is cooled to subzero temperatures due to the cold air immited by the CO2 cartridge, but the reaction caused by the Co2 between the sodium and the cyanoacrylate. -------- At the end of the "nozzle" is a small metal shield (spinning at the same RPMs as the funnel. This metal shield has six 2mm diameter holes around the outside and a larger 4mm hole in the middle. The dense substance (dense at cold temperature) is forced through the small openings. Once it leaves the nozzle the liquid becomes far less dense in a matter of a fraction of a second. This reaction to the temperature change happens so fast that the liquid instantly turns into a semi-solid gel and crystals (most likely to to the sodium). ------ The Co2 cartridge is punctured by two small spring-loaded nailed (sharp). The two 1" steel springs and the small "v" clamp inbeteen them are squeezed together by the tension on the cables (which lead through small fiber tubes to the front of the shooter).

--------- WARNING: DO NOT SHOOT THIS DEVICE AT ANIMALS OR PEOPLE! THE SUBSTANCE BONDS TO SKIN immediately AND WILL BURN! (sorry if you had intentions) ALSO, DO NOT SWING! (although you'll find it's obvious) The "strand can only handle about 20lbs of weight. ALWAYS wear eye protection when firing this device. It does not shoot a well defined unidirectional strand like Spider man's shooter. This device is far from perfection and substance may shooter in different directions, although most will spin into the center strand. ALSO, this device is very loud with the combined noise of the motor and the Co2 cartridge. Consider wearing ear protection. The device I built shoots a maximum of 25-30ft, so be careful. It shoots at high pressure.

-------
Well, that's it. It is very frustrating to build because of all the ligistical features that need to be constantly altered. I'm sorry but I can not provide further instruction through text. Good Luck and be careful. Don't get too carried away.

leren
In action - the substance comes out in thin "needles" that are molded in mid-air. It is blurred because my camera can not capture at the required frame-rate. Inside of the main chamber, the liquid is violently mixed as the air is forced through to the front.

Scoobless
i especially like the elastic band that attaches it to your forearm

big grin

leren
The dried substanse is almost rock hard. Within the dried substance there is crystalization from the sodium reaction.

doctorstrongbad
Wow that is the coolest thing ever. I wish I was better at building stuff and so I could have some web shooters. smile

leren
Front angle. Notice the six holes and their diameters.

leren
Sorry, nevermind -the holes aren't visible at the down-sized resolution. Also, the flash washes the out the sight of the holes because of the refective material behind them.

VeNoIIvII
Man this could be very dangerous..(not that i care).....but if someone were to "web" someone up, could it be serious???

leren
It would not be very serious. It would hurt for a while, especially when it comes time to peel it off! The oly time it is serious is if it gets in eyes, mouth, etc. Just don't do it.

leren
Whoops

leren
Yes, I only used one elastic band (#67) to hold it on for display. Usually there would be a couple more (nothing fancy). You don't want something too stiff or there will be no flexibility when you bend your wrist downward. You need full range of motion.

Spideys Sister
That thing is huge compared to the one in the comic books... It hot though! One question... In all the comics and shows Webbing desolves...Does yours?

leren
Well, in the real world, don't a lot of new inventions start at a large size? When I learn more about the mechanisms and improve upon them, I will eventually make it smaller and more practical. The funny thing is is that I did not get this idea from Spiderman. Beforhand, I had no interest in Spideman and did not know about his web shooters. This substance does not dissolve, so yes it would make quite a mess to clean up if used around town. The current mixture has no decomposing elements.

Spideys Sister
Add some Carbonic acid mixture... It could Disolve on I don't know Two hours or so...

leren
I am constanly making improvements on this substance, but I will have to really tamper with the ingredients to add a decomposition property. It isnt like I want to ever swing from building with this device (I would like to shoot it at people though). My priority is to make these chemicals non-toxic. My next device I build like this will hopefully be half the size. This will require a liquid that is less dense to begin with.

Toxin92
Wow man that is a pure stroke of genius. To think what people can do when they put there minds to it. Well Good luck on it.

leren
Future inventions will include external elastic joints and electro-fiber tape. No. Never mind. I'll think about the elastic joints though.....

Spideys Sister
I am constanly making improvements on this substance, but I will have to really tamper with the ingredients to add a decomposition property. It isnt like I want to ever swing from building with this device (I would like to shoot it at people though). My priority is to make these chemicals non-toxic. My next device I build like this will hopefully be half the size. This will require a liquid that is less dense to begin with. Just what we need cancerous Webbing.....Funny but maybe its possible...Ohkay then so that we're clear if there is this sudden breakout of Spider Men, Women and Girls....Theyre all from this site!big grin Okay?

Stevie
Do you think you could make a video to "really" see it in action?

leren
I could, but I do not own a digital camcorder or a computer capable of handling video (it can barely handle photos). I know it would be an important piece of evindence for you, but unfortunatly, this is not possible for me to do. Sorry, but I have provided all of the evidence I can provide.

mark the man
hi im new here . i was thinking why dont you swhitch the super glue whit one that doesnt stick to skin and you migth be able to make the webbshooter itself have and internal propeler intergrated so you dont have to use the co2(im just giving ideas i dont want this to be a misunderstanding)

CandyBarr199
leren please be more specific on how to build it! I am willing to start up the project if you be a lil more specific

Kuriatey
mabey glue solvent, or solvent mixed with it would make it dissolve after a while. I'll test it tonight.

hotsauce6548
The dried substanse is almost rock hard. Within the dried substance there is crystalization from the sodium reaction.

That looks disgusting.

Sorry, had to say it.

Nice job on the inventing. Is it for a project?

Spiderman_RJ
thats looks like man thing when he got to do what he need to do,and is alone if you know what i mean......

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Scoobless
OMG.... i can see the news reports now

Hundreds of "fanboys" were found dead across the world this morning after attempting to copy their comic book hero Spider-Man"

"the fanboys had taken tips from a poster on an Internet comic forum and had attempted to recreate the "web" substance used in the comic books and, more recently, on the big screen by the so called "Amazing" Spider-Man..... while the original poster had told them NOT to swing from this home made web formula, most of them had been far too excited and couldn't help but try to do just ONE swing from the roof of their own homes"

"A spokesman for Marvel comics added"
.......... "these freakin' retarded fanboys are gonna be the death of me.... hey... are you a reporter?... IS THAT F**KIN' CAMERA ON???......"
"at which point we lost transmission"

"the police are currently searching for one Mr "leren" and have high hopes he... or she.... will be able to aid them in their quest for a scapegoat"

>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<

"in other comic related news it turns out that Spider-Man can indeed defeat Captain America, DareDevil and Wolverine all at the same time"

roll eyes (sarcastic) That thread,lol.

wierddreamer213
yes but how fast does it take to harden there? not very practicle if it takes several hours or minutes now does it? on a smiliat topic did anyone hear that they are breeding Spider-goats?

to harvest large thick spider webbing for industiral purposes (it is as strong as comics apparently), they added spinerate genes into goats so that they...er...lactate the substance. fortuantly they do not stick to walls.

Kuriatey
leren, if you could give us nore info on this, like how to mix the fluid, and where to go and buy the stuff that is needed, that would be a great help.

scorpionlord
you guys need a life.

Kuriatey
leren, or anybody else,...some infoon how to build it wold be great

spidey-man fan
i know how to make the web but it wont be easy to get the chemicals. this is how you do it.
How to

Make Nylon
What was the first synthetic polymer fiber ever synthesized by man? If you did not say Nylon, you are not paying attention. That's right, Nylon was invented in 1938 by E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company. And the world has never been the same.

1. In a 150 mL tall-form beaker, dissolve 1.0 mL of pure sebacoyl chloride in 50 mL of methylene chloride (careful, suspected carcinogen).

2. In a different, small beaker, combine 10 mL of 1M aqueous sodium hydroxide with 15 mL water.

3. To the small beaker solution, stir in 0.55 grams of pure 1,6-hexanediamine until it dissolves.

4. Now take the tall-form beaker and tilt it. Slowly pour the contents of the small beaker down the side of the tall beaker without mixing the layers.

5. A polymer film should form at the interface between the two layers.

6. Take a long wire and twist a hook at one end.

7. Gently grasp the center of the film with the wire hook.

8.round the film on some where.

This how you can make nylon,but you can use the nylon liquid for web just fill web cartridges with that stuff and put some more chemicals that will make nylon strong and sticky youl have to pressurize it co3.you will have to make webshooter for shooting it when liquid contacts with air it wil turn in to web (nylon).

Yarr
This thread is pathetic and sad

most disturbing of all is that I enjoyed reading it haha. god help me im a dork.

Dan-El
Has no one seen the webshooter page at Alaph.com/Spiderman? It's under costume/accesories. It gives a decent overview of what the web-shooters are made of, though I do like the one she made as well.

Dan-El
http://www.alaph.com/spiderman/pictures/accessories/spineret.jpg

chucktaylor
That webshooter is so cool!

But I dont have time for it...

doctorstrongbad
It would be awesome to have a pair of real web shooters.

Dan-El
Hell, I'd rather be able to stick to walls, but that's me

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Dan-El
Hell, I'd rather be able to stick to walls, but that's me

No I agree that would be a great power. The webshooter would be for the full effect. smile

spiderfreak
confused hi im new here and i was wondering if u could send me an email with the instructions on how to make that. its cool but i dont know where everything would go thanks

e-mail [email protected] :

doctorstrongbad
The pics are already on the thread. Check them out for yourself.

spiderfreak
ok well i still need the info if someone could plz send it to me i have a way to make it smaller and without co2. a know a guy who would pay alot of money for one. so if any one will help me then i will send one to this guy and send the money to u.

doctorstrongbad
I think its cool that in real life you could make a web shooter. smile

IceDragon
Too bad he doesn't even use web shooters anymore...hahaha. Just insert the formula into your veins and see what happens. go ahead. try it.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by IceDragon
Too bad he doesn't even use web shooters anymore...hahaha. Just insert the formula into your veins and see what happens. go ahead. try it.

Well he is more of a "spider" these days. I would love to have some real web shooters.

Ghetto Goblin
Why get bit and only get wall crawling and strength, when you can shoot webs from your hands... I was smart back in the day, i drew him swingin by his butt like he should be when i was in Kindergarten. That's where real spiders do their magic.

leren
Hey everyone,

Don't take this webshooter I made a year or so ago too seriously. I am getting many emails from eager inventors. Please... it is better to spend your time investigating a better way to climb a wall or fly than to pour endless hours into experimentation with household adhesives to make the "perfect formula," or even to spend money on the mechanical parts. This has become slightly over-glorified to a point where some think they can make one like spiderman's. This thing could barely hold up 10 pounds. If you want something to do, work on a gyroscope that can direct centrifugal/centripital energy into forward motion for flight or create inventions involving magnets smile. I promise you will hear more about my inventions in the future; ones that will be designed to immitate some "super-human abilities." -and you most likely will not hear about them on this forum....

11.11 SZ

tedsallis
Looks like a fun thing to have at a comic convention.

doctorstrongbad
These would be awesome for halloween. smile

White_widow
I am also working on this project as well. If anyone wants to talk about this, I'll gladly lend an ear.

h tt p://f o r um s .s u perhe rohy pe . co m /sh ow thre ad .p hp?p= 19134848 #p ost1913 48 48

White_widow
I distorted the link because it wouldn't let me post it. It just has a bunch of spaces in it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

bellsmith98
If you email marketing or any type of follow-up to, you will know that an email is the most important part, in any subject line.This add to their collection or to start trying to be interested in A wonderful collectors piece. Webshooter comes from the set of Spider-Man.

White_widow
Ok. So I've started my own forum dedicated to the web shooter in which we theorized various changes to the formula.

We found out how to make it stronger and more stringy. If you want to see it, go to the superhero forums . com and look for Spiderman---> products----> anything with white widow in it.

maxman1180
Make some with CO2 Cartridges, tubes, puncture needles, small electric spinners (to form "strand"wink Have a solid platform that will fit comfortably and a good puncture system in place while keeping the mechanism in an air-tight environment. Formula for "web" (don't swing with this stuff)

1/3 light CA glue (super glue)
1/3 anti-adhesive (preserve as liquid)
1/3 regular Elmer's glue (for texture)

add a small amount of vinegar and salt (to speed reaction when exposed to cold air)

Works great. Looks real. Performs. (don't swing though -it doesn't shoot more than 25ft anyway)

I will provide image soon (maybe if I have time)

nice nice..

web_caster
Hello people, I'm James. I've been a Spiderman fan for as long as I can remember. If any of you can develop a web formula that can support 200lbs (I'm 168lbs but I'd like a wiggle room) I'd appreciate it. I... Know it's going to be hard. But please this is a dream that I've always had. (That and a soda drink hat, I'm 13.) This may be a fools dream, it would be the only good thing in my life (both my father and my girlfriend have died)

-sincerely,
James

thespid3rkid825
Question, Leren (or anybody)
1. would the fluid hold together like an actual web line from the comics?
2. would it make a difference if everything was 1/4 instead of 1/3?
3. how much salt and vinegar EXACTLY would you use?

ajai
Does the web fluid dry instantly on contact with air???
If yes then can anybody swing???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.