"Bully" by rockstar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jaden101
this is looking like another headline grabber from the genius game developers/distributors that brought you such gaming delights are Grand Theft Auto, manhunt, max payne as well as the rather rubbish state of emergency

Bully does exactly what it say on the tin...you play as a kid at bullworth academy and the premise of the game is that you go around beating up other kids

here is a couple of screens
http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/623/623215/bully-20050607041905759.jpg
http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/616/616927/bully-20050519005335121.jpg

http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/623/623215/bully-20050607041904993.jpg

hotsauce6548
OMFG! That looks awesome! eek!

SnakeEyes
That looks like a very addicting game! When does it come out?

darth_royke
i think its a bad idea.... or a good idea. it will entice kids to bully more, or.... it will give the bullies a way to release their bullying. i'm not sure about it though, theres going to be trouble with this one

SaTsuJiN
hmm.. well manhunt didnt entice kids to slice of peoples heads with piano wire.. but its not good to encourage them anyway.. and its kinda funny that he's wearing a private school uniform (i.e. he probably pays a tuition to go there).. so its kinda wierd that he'd just be a lowly bully.... but the idea is intriguing

BackFire
Meh, doesn't seem very interesting to me. Seems like another game that will just rely on the controversy it will create, probably won't be particularly good.

jaden101
Originally posted by BackFire
Meh, doesn't seem very interesting to me. Seems like another game that will just rely on the controversy it will create, probably won't be particularly good.

could be the case...as was with manhunt which was ultimately quite shallow and repetitive...but then they said GTA was marketed on its controversial content...the media always making a big hoohaa about killing prostitutes which was about one of the most inconsequential and boring parts about the game and funnily enough most people wouldn't even have known to stop and pick up prostitutes in the game if the outraged media hadn't told them about it

mr.smiley
Awesome!
I never thought I would get to bully people after I got out of High School,guess I was wrong!

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hotsauce6548
I thought Manhunt was pretty good...

JToTheP
I thought you get revenge on bullies? I don't feel like beating the shit out of other kids, that's not that interesting to me. Besides, I always thought bullying was f***ed up.

SaTsuJiN
I suppose next they'll be making a columbine game.. "now you get to kill the kids and then yourself!"... roll eyes (sarcastic)... they really need some new game designers... games these days are just getting as silly as those girls gone wild rerun commercials, or those "hook up n have sex" chat lines while I'm trying to watch adult swim >_<

JToTheP
Oh shut up dude, those text things on Adult Swim are funny. stick out tongue I don't see the whole point of this game, I really expected more especially coming from Rockstar. They should just do a Manhunt 2 & stick to GTA, they'll be fine.

SnakeEyes
BUMP.

The game's out.

Anyone played it?

Noob_Krueger
I did. Everyone needs to STOP JUDGING THE GAME BEFORE IT COMES OUT.

I actually enjoyed this game, you DO bully, but most of the time, you BULLY the BULLIES. It's COMPLETELY optional if you wanna bully kids.

Your enemies will be Jocks, Bullies, and etc. but most of the time, Nerds and etc will be your ALLIES.

So stop judging the damn game and actually play!

Again infact =SPOILER=

At near end of the game, Jimmy Hopkin(the guy you play) says that he is trying to STOP the BULLYING and bring PEACE to his school.

P.S End of the game, you completely allied with all the stereotypes

Preppies
Jock
Greasers
and etc.

Smasandian
Kinda of want to play this, hopefully they release it on the PC.

It's a tad late right now, but Rockstar totally didnt make Max Payne.

SnakeEyes
What do you mean by that?

I'm pretty sure they did make Max Payne (1 and 2).

Smasandian
Oh, sorry, they just did the ports of the game

The people who made the game are Remedy, published by GOD (before they went belly up)

Then the published the sequel, but in know ways did they make the games. Just published, and did ports of the games.

HaPpYgOlUcKiE
Originally posted by Noob_Krueger
I did. Everyone needs to STOP JUDGING THE GAME BEFORE IT COMES OUT.

I actually enjoyed this game, you DO bully, but most of the time, you BULLY the BULLIES. It's COMPLETELY optional if you wanna bully kids.

Your enemies will be Jocks, Bullies, and etc. but most of the time, Nerds and etc will be your ALLIES.

So stop judging the damn game and actually play!

Again infact =SPOILER=

At near end of the game, Jimmy Hopkin(the guy you play) says that he is trying to STOP the BULLYING and bring PEACE to his school.

P.S End of the game, you completely allied with all the stereotypes

Preppies
Jock
Greasers
and etc.

Thank you! Everyone is always going arund saying your beating up a bunch of kids, but when you actually play the game you realize that Jimmy is basically interacting, helping and going against certain stereotypes. I actually thought it was a pretty fun game.

SnakeEyes
Just bought the game.

Played it for like, 10 minutes.

I like it so far. You can definitely tell it was made by Rockstar.

Any other members played this game? Opinions?

Barker
Originally posted by H. S. 6
OMFG! That looks awesome! eek!
Nub. 31

Pulse2
Only Rockstar game I have yet to play, looks awesome however.

K.Diddy
So is this game worth getting?

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by K.Diddy
So is this game worth getting?

one of the most satisfying and orginal games i have played in a long while. I dont buy games anymore, only rent them, but this one is a purchase when considering the length and extras

Vinny Valentine
Looks...Interesting.

Maestro
It's worth getting, as even after you've finished the game there's more stuff to do, mini-games,etc.

Kazenji
For some stupid reason they renamed the title of this game to "Canis Canem Edit" in the PAL regions. Which is just a crap for it i prefer bully more

ragesRemorse
what the hell does canis canem edit mean?

Kazenji
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
what the hell does canis canem edit mean?

WrathfulDwarf
It's Official!

Bully is coming to the Wii and Xbox 360 with new content.

AstroFan
Im interested in the 360 version, to see how they improve the graphics.

Smasandian
Sweet. That's cool.

I wanted to play this game, but I couldnt. Now I can.

WrathfulDwarf
I wonder if the new content might (emphasize on "might"wink include online?

AstroFan
Possibly. stick out tongue

I like how Rockstar is warming up to the Wii. big grin

Smasandian
I'm actually looking forward to this game on the 360.

I really like Rockstars game. They just do the whole sandbox but linear game so well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.