Why the name "Star Wars"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cybervader
hmm i do not know if this has been discussed before, but i would like to really know why GL chose the name "Star Wars". I mean what does that suppose to mean anyway? Wars in the Stars? As in fightings in the galaxy is it? Or could it be that the 'star' here refers to the planets, cause they are called star systems? But then again SW is not about the planets fighting one another..it is more of a turmoil that happen due to the clash of ideals and ideology..hmm..so let me list down other possible name for the Star Wars Series,tell me if they are more accurate.

1) Galaxy Turmoils
2) Galactic Disengagement (too long huh)
3) Affairs of the Universe
4) Galaxy Far, Far Away
5) Of Jedi and Sith
6) War in Space
7) Space Wars
8) Galactic Mythology
9) Universe Dimensions
10) Balance of Faiths

Any takes, anyone? Or shall we just settle down with Star Wars.

Jerico
It was origoinally The Star Wars

Gryn Jabar
Star Wars has a nice ring to it, and sounds better then in a galaxy far far away. It also denotes WAR!, in the STAR!

darth_royke
many planets in space have huge war in science fiction spaceships. or is that too long?

Cybervader
Originally posted by Jerico
It was origoinally The Star Wars

oh luckily GL did not include the "The"...But it gives it a more epic feel eh..But nobody cares about the "The" aniwae..ppl would still refer to it as star wars i guess..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.