Gone With The Wind

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

botankus
No threads on this movie. What a shocker.

Alright, let me start out by saying that I'm a guy who's four favorite movies are River's Edge, Menace II Society, Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original), Starship Troopers.

Gone With The Wind was a movie that people had told me to check out for years, but I always made an excuse because it was too long and there's no way I'd be interested in a movie made in 1939.

Yes, there are plenty of sappy parts, but as a whole I was taken back by the outstanding work that was put into this picture. It clocks in at 3 hours and 53 minutes and I'd say I didn't care for only about 20 minutes of the whole picture.

If you asked me last Friday, I never thought I'd be saying this next part:
I'd like to put Scarlett O' Hara on my personal list as one of the best characters ever created. She's so easy to hate and become frustrated with that you are absolutely enthralled every time she's on screen.

And she's on screen a lot. Well over 3 hours of it includes her in the frame. There is so much depth in Scarlett's character that I practically felt that I knew her and grew up with her through the years by the time the movie was over.

Vivian Leigh is nothing short of brilliant in playing the character that literally drives you crazy from start to finish.

crickey77
I completely agree with you. My mom made me watch this movie years ago and I was too young to appreciate it. I watched it more recently and loved it. I want to read the book too.

Cinemaddiction
I brought the 4 Disc "Gone With the Wind" CE DVD set this afternoon for $20 at the pawn shop. I figured, everyone loves this movie, I never saw it, but Vivian Leigh was incredible in "A Streetcar Named Desire", so I don't think I could really lose on this one.

yerssot
It's a classic and full of drama and such but sometimes I felt that it was dragging too much and became to predictable (everything she does fails) but it's a classic anyway...
who doesn't know the phrase: "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn!" not to mention what a stir that sort of language gave at the time

botankus
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
I brought the 4 Disc "Gone With the Wind" CE DVD set this afternoon for $20 at the pawn shop. I figured, everyone loves this movie, I never saw it, but Vivian Leigh was incredible in "A Streetcar Named Desire", so I don't think I could really lose on this one.

Vivian Leigh is absolutely outstanding, and so is her character. She's a very unlikeable character, but that's just the role she plays in the movie.

bakerboy
Absolutely masterpiece. One of the best movies ever, Vivien Leigh was fantastic, she is one of the best actress ever, and Scarlett O'Hara is one of the best characters ever, same with Blanche Duvais in an streetcar named desiree.

CaptJackSparr0w
Even though the movie is not historically correct, the costumes, scenery, acting is absolute the greatest ever on film.

The cast is outstanding, not only Vivien Leigh, but Olivia deHaviland, Clark Gable, and Leslie Howard.

For those Viven Leigh fans, a must see movie is Waterloo Bridge. EXCELLANT!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.