LostFanFiction

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

charmedFairy

charmedFairy

KillTheLight
i will read this ..eek!

charmedFairy
uhuh better.tis a really good story of jack and sawyer and i have more to post if anyones willing to read em. and im in love with your siggy nowin_lovethat avvy is from motorcycle diaries i think..?

KillTheLight
yup happy

sblomie545
that was a pretty good fanfic cF happy

did u say something about having anymore?

charmedFairy
lots more, but dont think itd be appropriate posting it here since some are..NC-17shiftybuts who can resist not reading it of jack/sawyer, ....whose kate againblink

sblomie545
my thoughts exactly laughing out loud

charmedFairy
hee,heres more..

by:dreamalittledream

The smell was sickening. Sawyer kept his mouth tightly sealed and tried to hold his breath, but he could taste the rotting tang on his tongue anyway. And there were flies everywhere, like the stench wasn't bad enough. "Jesus Christ..." Sawyer hissed, biting his teeth together. He reached out with his hand and pushed it under the dead man's jacket.

With the humid air and the constant heat, it didn't take long for the bodies to start to decompose. As Sawyer explored the rotting man's middle area, he could feel something give way. It almost made him pull back, but his craving for nicotine was too great. Sawyer had accepted the fact that rescue wasn't coming any time soon, so he knew he would run out of smokes eventually. Unpleasant detox would be inevitable, but hell if Sawyer wasn't gonna try and delay it. He kept on looking, and this time his search hadn't been in vain. Sawyer's fingers felt the unmistakable shape of a cigarette pack. He pulled it out from the man's shirt pocket, and got away from the body, not stopping until he smelled fresh air again.

The pack wasn't full, but Sawyer didn't mind. It was a small treasure anyway. Lighting up a smoke, he glanced back at the pile of wreckage. There was still another body he planned to check out, but Sawyer decided he needed a break first. He sat down on a big tree root that was sticking out from the ground.

It was the hottest time of the day, and the air was so humid that every piece of clothing you wore got stuck on your skin. The blazing heat made smoking somewhat nauseating, but every cell in Sawyer's body was crying out for nicotine. Inhaling deeply, he closed his eyes and leaned against his knees.

The ever continueing chirrup of birds and insects was suddenly broken by another sound. Sawyer's eyes shot open as he heard something snap nearby. Looking around, he tried to figure out where the sound had come from. More branches and sticks were broken, and Sawyer could tell someone or something was moving his way.

"Anyone there?" Sawyer called out, getting up to his feet. His eyes searched the jungle around him but saw no movement.

"Boo."

Sawyer winced and spun around. When he saw Jack, standing a few feet away from him, the wave of relief he felt was quickly replaced by irritation. "You enjoy sneakin' around and scaring people to death, Doc?" he snarled, sitting back down on the tree root.

"You can call this a payback for scaring me in the fuselage, Sawyer." Jack smiled and took off his backpack to get out a bottle of water.

Sawyer watched Jack with narrowed eyes, the corners of his mouth slowly turning up. "Fair enough," he nodded, lighting up another cigarette.

Jack unscrewed the bottle of water, pouring some of its contents on himself before drinking it. "You should be glad it was just me who caught you by surprise," Jack said. "It's not actually safe to venture this deep into the jungle."

"You worried about my safety?" Sawyer smirked. "Well, gee, Doc. I'm flattered."

Jack sighed, but gave Sawyer a little smile. "I didn't say that," he said, shaking his head. "I just meant that there's something in this jungle that kills people."

"The monster? Yeah, so I've heard," Sawyer said, smiling, his tone of voice lacking any signs of worry. "Now, I thought monsters live under your bed," he sneered. "And anyway, I don't believe in monsters."

"You didn't see what happened to the pilot..." Jack said in a low voice, his smile fading away. Seeing the expression Jack wore on his face made Sawyer turn grave as well. There was suddenly an awkward silence between them. Sawyer concentrated on his cigarette as Jack put away the water bottle.

"Smoking can cause an untimely death, you know?" Jack said, unable to think of a better way to break the silence.

"It sure can," Sawyer agreed, his voice filled with amusement. He turned to look at the body he'd gotten the cigarettes from, knowing Jack would follow his gaze. Sawyer smiled in satisfaction as he heard the other man sigh audibly.

"So, you got them off one of the bodies." There was a distinct streak of disapproval in Jack's voice.

"Yup."

The irritating grin on Sawyer's face was usually enough to drive Jack up the wall, but this time he controlled his anger. "You're low, Sawyer," was all he said.

"Aww, come on," Sawyer exclaimed exaggeratedly, throwing his hands in the air. "It's just a pack of smokes. And John Doe there ain't gonna miss 'em! He's a stiff."

"And that gives you the right to go through his pockets and take the man's possessions?" Jack inquired, sounding stern.

Sawyer rolled his eyes and got up from the tree root. "I'm startin' to feel like a broken record here, but I repeat: it's just a pack of smokes," he said, emphasizing the last words.

Jack glared at Sawyer and threw his bag over his shoulder. "Whatever, Sawyer." He turned around and began to walk away. "I'm heading back. Feel free to continue the looting."

"Hey, it's not like I'm the only one who's doin' it," Sawyer pointed out, following Jack. "You can tell me otherwise, but that would just make you a hypocrite, now wouldn' it?" Much to Sawyer's annoyance, Jack didn't stop but kept on walking. "Yeah, you just wanna run away, 'cause you know I'm right and you can't stand hearin' the truth."

Finally Jack stopped and turned to face Sawyer. "And what truth is that?"

Sawyer came to stand before Jack and met his eyes. "Well, we're pretty deep in the jungle, Doc," he said, motioning with his hand, telling Jack to look around. "Could it be that Saint Jack is on a one-man expedition to find some salvage?" Sawyer wondered aloud. "Or are you tellin' me you're taking a stroll in the bush just for the heck of it?" he finished. The look on Jack's face told Sawyer he'd been right.

Jack bit his lower lip, shifting his weight from one foot to the other. Sawyer was right, of course. Jack was this deep in the jungle for the possible salvage. And he had definitely gone through dead bodies in his search for medicine and other useful things. Jack felt a little jab from his conscience for reprimanding Sawyer.

"Looks like I was right," Sawyer said with a selfsatisfied smile on his lips. "We ain't that different, you and me."

"Hey! What you said about the salvage might be true," Jack said, his voice taking a defensive tone. "But whatever I find, at least I share it with the others. Everything you find, you keep to yourself, Sawyer."

Jack saw the expression on Sawyer's face grow dark. "We're stranded on an island and so far you're the only one who's running a business here."

"Yeah, well, we all have our ways of survivin'," Sawyer said in a low voice, turning his eyes away from Jack.

"You call it surviving?" Jack asked, exaggerating the disbelief in his voice. "We're all trying to survive here, Sawyer. What you're doing is just making it harder for the rest of us."

"Exactly. There's me and then there's the rest of you," Sawyer exclaimed, causing Jack to lean back. "Are you tellin' me that any of you would even talk to me if I didn' have something you wanted?"

Jack was taken aback by the look in Sawyer's eyes. He was aware that their usual bickering suddenly had a dark tone, and that it was turning into a possible fight.

"I can't patch people up like you can, I can't catch fish with my bare hands like the Korean fellow, and I know even less about huntin' than the fat guy does," Sawyer ranted. "So, yeah, trading stuff is my way of surviving. As if anyone would give me something from the sheer goodness of their heart."

"Hey, you've been acting like a jerk since day one, so don't tell me you aren't responsible for the way people treat you," Jack said, his voice empty of compassion. "You're an outcast by your own choice, Sawyer."

"You don't know anything about me, Jack," Sawyer said through gritted teeth, scowling at Jack. "So, shut up."

charmedFairy
Jack ignored the death-glare he was receiving from the other man. "Yeah, I do. I know you're an irritating bastard," he said, not even noticing the sun had been smothered by a mass of black clouds, and that it was suddenly raining hard. The weather seemed to mirror the change in their moods. "I know we'd probably be better off without you, yet I saved your life!" Jack yelled over the sound of pouring water.

"Of course you did! You're the ****in' hero," Sawyer yelled back, motioning with his hands. "Saint Jack saves everyone! You really can't help youself, can you?" He wiped his wet hair from his face. "You should've let go of my arm when I asked you to."

"What? And let you bleed to death? Sawyer--"

"You know what? Not everyone wants to be saved." Sawyer's voice was hoarse from the yelling.

Jack blinked his eyes in bewilderment. The guy was actually blaming Jack for saving his life. "What the hell is wrong with you?" Jack cried out, lashing the air with his arms. "I saved your life, Sawyer. Even after you told me you'd watch me die if the tables were turned!"

"Yeah, well, too bad, 'cause I meant it." Sawyer said in a low voice, looking away.

"No you didn't," Jack said simply, his tone making the statement sound like a desperate question.

"Hey, don't tell me-" Sawyer left the sentence hanging in the air, as he turned around and saw the hurt expression on Jack's face. The anger he'd felt was gone in a second. Feeling utterly confused, Sawyer was searching for words, but nothing came out of his mouth.

After a long silence, Jack finally lifted his face and met Sawyer's eyes. "Did you mean it?" he asked, but it was all Jack had time to say before all hell broke loose around them. It started with a weird screech, resembling a bird or maybe some other animal from the jungle. But there was definitely something odd about it. The sound made them both forget about everything else.

"That a boar?" Sawyer asked, looking around. He jumped as a shrill cry suddenly cut the air. Sawyer had heard it before, but never this close. It sounded like it came from the left, but then the trees started to fall down on his right. "What the-"

Jack knew exactly what was happening. "Sawyer, run! That's no boar!" A tree seemed to explode into the air right behind their backs, and Jack began to run.

Sawyer followed Jack and eventually ran past him. He ran and didn't know where he was going. Away from the havoc, he figured. The thundering sounds were still behind him and it was hard to stay on your feet in the muddy ground. The undergrowth got in his way, but Sawyer forced himself past every branch and lashing stick, ignoring the little cuts they gave him. He was about to slide down a rocky slope when he heard someone call out his name. Sawyer turned to look back and saw no sign of Jack.

Without a moment's hesitation, Sawyer turned around and headed back towards the booming sounds and heavy clattering. When he finally found Jack, Sawyer couldn't stop his legs from running so he made himself fall down. Jack was on his hands and knees in the mud, trying to get up.

"It's my leg. I can't stand," Jack groaned, unable to put any weight on his right ankle. Getting up from the muddy ground, Sawyer twined his arms around Jack's torso and helped him up. The crashes around them were deafening. Sawyer couldn't understand the combination of the sounds he was hearing, and he figured this wasn't the best time to think about it either.

"Come on." Sawyer threw Jack's arm around his shoulder and began to drag them onwards. Jack could hardly walk and they were advancing very slowly. "Shit!" Sawyer wasn't much smaller in build, but he felt his muscles strain as he supported Jack's weight. "We ain't gonna make it like this."

"Over there." Jack pointed out a formation of long trees with vine-like, twisted trunks. Side by side, they formed one massive tree with a hollow space inside.

Sawyer wiped his wet hair from his face to see where they were going. Ignoring the sounds coming from behind them, he followed Jack's advice and squeezed himself past the trunks. Sawyer pulled Jack in with him and allowed him to press against his chest.

Whatever the thing in the jungle was, it was close. The clattering sound was everywhere and suddenly the rooty trunks around them began to shake. They could see something was moving right outside. Sawyer felt his body slide down towards the ground. Jack followed his movement and soon they were sitting on the jungle floor, huddled together. Sawyer was leaning against the trunks, his arms twined around Jack's torso. He could hardly breath with the heavy weight of Jack's body pressing against his chest.

Jack was gripping Sawyer's right knee, his other hand sinking under the muddy leaves. He could feel Sawyer's rapid heartbeat against his back. Sawyer was holding onto him so tightly, Jack was sure he would get fractures in his ribs.

The thing outside was gone as suddenly as it had appeared. They could hear one last shrilling cry before all the booming noises were gone. The only sound left was the slowly ceasing rain. Closing his eyes, Sawyer threw his head back and exhaled in relief.

Jack blinked his eyes, letting go of Sawyer's knee. He listened for any suspicious sounds, but all he could hear was Sawyer's heavy breathing. "You okay?" he asked, swallowing as his words seemed to get stuck in his throat.

"Yeah, you?" Sawyer breathed.

"I think my ankle's twisted." Jack tried to touch his leg with his hand, but Sawyer's firm hold around him was preventing Jack from moving. "Sawyer, you can let go now."

Sawyer blinked his eyes, realizing his arms were still twined around Jack's upper body. He let go, allowing Jack to move away. Clearing his throat, Sawyer ran his fingers through his wet hair. "So, was that it?"

"The thing that killed the pilot? Yeah, that was it," Jack said, touching his already swollen ankle.

"Well, guess I'd better start believin' in monsters then," Sawyer snorted, getting up from the ground.

"Guess so," Jack grinned, inspecting his ankle.

"Come on." Sawyer bent down and helped Jack get up. They stepped outside, Jack leaning against Sawyer for support. It was sunny again, and it almost felt like everything had been just a bad dream.

"Do you have any idea where we are?" Sawyer asked, thinking the trees all looked alike.

"Some." Jack pointed in the direction he thought the beach might be.

"Well, lead the way, Doc." Sawyer began to walk, but stopped as Jack wasn't following. "What?" Sawyer asked, untwining his arm from Jack's waist.

"Thanks, Sawyer," Jack said, meeting Sawyer's eyes. "You came back for me."

Sawyer was about to look away and deny the whole thing, claim he'd done it for some selfish reason. But instead, he gave Jack a meaningful look, accompanied by a lopsided smirk. "Guess that answers your question, Doc."

-end-

KillTheLight
loved them both in_love

charmedFairy
uhuhin_love

xLiNdS x 622x
ahh i loved them!

charmedFairy
happy

Mana4X2
I had a dream with Hurley and Sawyer in it the other night. When, and IF, I get it typed up into a Fan Fic, am I allowed to post it here? It was a really cool dream, but didn't stick to the way Lost is completely. Had a bit of this other show I like mixed in with it. big grin.

bunny
Mana

Morning_Glory
sure type it up

sblomie545
i started a fanfic last summer, it was like a combo of POTC and LOTR characters with me and all of my friends on an island- right now it's 40 something pages but i stopped writing it because the main character (who was my best friend)... well she committed suicide... but yah... so i didn't really feel like writing it after that...

but i started another with me and my friend kathryn ( we write it in math class) and we're taking over the world with darth vader, boone, turniphead, jack sparrow, dom, billy and ron from HP

yah and we find a couple of our other friends eek!

xLiNdS x 622x
40 pages! eek! wow

sblomie545
i know!!

xLiNdS x 622x
hmph

charmedFairy

KillTheLight
laughing out loud

nice fanfic..aww poor sawyer missing jack..in_love

Morning_Glory
heee heee

Mønkey
did you write these cf? They are really good! better than mine anyway...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.