best jedi swordsman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Anakin316
hey who do u guys think is the best jedi in lightsaber skills?

PVS
me

Ogami Itto
Darth Lando!!

ShotgunWes
1)Anakin
2)Mace
3)Yoda
4)Obi-Wan
5) Big Ol' Ki-Adi-Mundi

P.S. Why did you post that pic?

Anakin316
cuz i like the pic whats wrong with it

ShotgunWes
There's nothing wrong with it I was just wondering if Anakin was your pick for number one?

Anakin316
yea anakin , obi wan and yoda. what do u guys think?

darkjedi132
anakin, mace, yoda, obi-1

((The_Anomaly))
Yoda
Mace
Anakin
Obi-Wan

Bishop X
Mace
Anakin
Yoda
Obi-Wan

Dresta
Mace
Yoda
Anakin
Obi-Wan

((The_Anomaly))
Mace is not the best swordsman...

"if you spent as much time practicing ur saber techniques as you did your wit you would rival master yoda as a swordsman"

Dresta
yes but he wouldn't rival Mace haha

Darth Zion
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Mace is not the best swordsman...

"if you spent as much time practicing ur saber techniques as you did your wit you would rival master yoda as a swordsman"

yeah, yoda is the best, because he must make up for his small size

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Dresta
yes but he wouldn't rival Mace haha

Mace was good, but not better then Yoda.

and (in my opinion) not better then Palpatine either. I stick to the fact that palps let him win. i mean did you see him in his fight with Yoda after, if he had being doing that against Mace mace would have got owned, even in saber techniques. palps saber abilities were far Superior whilst fighting yoda. which goes to show that he was not really giving it his all with mace. maybe he underestimated windu. who knows, but mace is definitely not the best.

i mean palps was laughing at Yoda in thier fight, laughing. and Yoda IS the best. that was the point of palps vs. Yoda, the best against the best. and yoda had to lose to show that the jedi could not defeat the sith. and needed "a new hope"

windu was 3rd with Anakin being pretty close.

Dresta
Mace was good, but not better then Yoda.

and (in my opinion) not better then Palpatine either. I stick to the fact that palps let him win. i mean did you see him in his fight with Yoda after, if he had being doing that against Mace mace would have got owned, even in saber techniques. palps saber abilities were far Superior whilst fighting yoda. which goes to show that he was not really giving it his all with mace. maybe he underestimated windu. who knows, but mace is definitely not the best.

i mean palps was laughing at Yoda in thier fight, laughing. and Yoda IS the best. that was the point of palps vs. Yoda, the best against the best. and yoda had to lose to show that the jedi could not defeat the sith. and needed "a new hope"

windu was 3rd with Anakin being pretty close.

i disagree but can't be bothered to argue anymore maybe tomorrow but i'm tired and want to go to sleep

((The_Anomaly))
there is no arguing that Yoda was better then Mace, this is common knowledge....

sam jackson has said himself "im supposed to be the second baddest dude in the galaxy"

happyman987
Originally posted by Ogami Itto
Darth Lando!!

i agree.... Darth Lando has the best lightsaber skills...

Ogami Itto
Right on!!!and he would destroy that chump Windu too!!!!

Darth_Rankkor
Besides yoda, Ki Adi Mundi and Shak'ti

mysterio69
Originally posted by happyman987
i agree.... Darth Lando has the best lightsaber skills...
please. give jar jar a saber, he'd beat darth billy dee.

Jedi Styles
Based on what I saw from all the movies...

Anakin was too flashy with light saber moves... Most of the fluff in between strikes are useless manuevers.

Obi-Wan - He's a master. Not to flash, simple and effective

Mace - Good style agressive

Yoda - Well he's a jedi master and he's awesome by default

Dooku - I have to say that Dooku had excellent skills in wielding a light saber....

The best swoardsman award would have to go to Dooku

jerlark386
Originally posted by Jedi Styles
Based on what I saw from all the movies...

Anakin was too flashy with light saber moves... Most of the fluff in between strikes are useless manuevers.

Obi-Wan - He's a master. Not to flash, simple and effective

Mace - Good style agressive

Yoda - Well he's a jedi master and he's awesome by default

Dooku - I have to say that Dooku had excellent skills in wielding a light saber....

The best swoardsman award would have to go to Dooku

I think you just contradicted yourself. Dooku died to Anakin(whos too flashy in your own words.) remember?

Besides, we all know Darth Lando is the best.

matreid
Cin Drallig.

mysterio69
old obi-wan from ANH. just swing away and hope to hit something.

Ladyluck
anankin

Captain REX
Oh pah, we all know this is a 'will-never-be-decided-so-why-bother-but-I-still-want-to-argue-my-point' discussion... stick out tongue

p. skywalker
i would say anakin then yoda then mace then obi.. but at the same time i think that anakin and obi are kinda on and the same when it came to style seeing as he learned everything from obi..

( and is the darth lando thing a joke or in the books?,,, i saw the plots for the next three 7,8,9 and he is still a good guy?)

Darth Travizzle
That little green migit, yoda.

ShotgunWes
What the hell are you smoking!!!
I want some... smokin'

meets of evil
yoda or mace. hands down, son

Anakin316
i dont think mace would last too long with anakin or with yoda what do u guys think?

p. skywalker
yeah i think ani and yoda could take mace .. i think ani would have had a harder time with it though

Cybervader

Yoda is the best saber swordsman!! big grin Undisputed.. He's close to a millennium and still rockin!..sending dooku and sidious shakin.. wink

Dude Vader
It is obvious that Though good, Anakin is not he best. He is above Windu as he beat him but then Ani was decimated by Obi-Wan. Vader may have taken the physical life of OB1 in E4 but it was to lead to Vaders downfall as it made OB1 more powerful and he was able to guide Luke to becoming a Jedi and finally killing his father. So to summarise...The greatest with the sabre It has to be OB1

Neo_Version 7
The greatest would be Kit Fisto and the two other guys that Palps took out.

obi-wan geynobi
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
The greatest would be Kit Fisto and the two other guys that Palps took out.

ok you cant say that Kit Fisto is the greatest first of all palps wiped out them in a sec and second of all Fisto is maybe good in the sea wars (or somethin) but not in saber fights with these great masters.

what about Kun Exar or Darth Bane???

i go for Bane but from the movies ob1 rocks!!! Happy Dance

Neo_Version 7
I was being sarcastic, dude.

Kit Fisto did survive appox. 1.6 seconds though.

SpyCspider
sarcasm so lost on the internet....

Both Yoda and Dooku looked like they had the most grace. Different styles but effective. We can only judge from how we saw them fight in the movies (which is basically Samuel Jackson/Ian McDarmid, etc wiedling a saber...not very impressive), rather than what we know of the character. I'm sure Mace and Palpatine would've looked better as swordsman if the actors didn't look so clunky doing their choreagraphy.

Gollum1956
Tulok Hord an ancient sith lord one best known lightsabers in the galaxy well now his dust :P

Neo_Version 7
Mace should've just killed Palps right there!

He freakin' had him! And don't say he faked it! No one's dumb enough to lose their weapon AND get electrocuted on purpose.

Darth hi
yoooooddaaa

big yoda fan

DenKi
Guys Mace is not that good,

Mace was trying hard againts Sidious who was trying to loose on purpose in his office, then go forward when Sidious was fighting Yoda in the senate look how fast and powerful Sidious was when he was fighting Yoda, If that would of been Mace in the Senate Mace would of got his ass kicked so fast

Neo_Version 7
Well, Palps had the advantage of position in my opinion during the Senate scene.

DenKi
Jesus, Stop posting things you have no idea about.

"Well, Palps had the advantage of position in my opinion during the Senate scene."

How was that? they was both fighting in the middle as the Pod went up, it was only at the end when Sidious had the higher ground

Ogami Itto
How do you know palpy was faking???

Ogami Itto
oh and why is everyone all of a sudden taken GL's crap dialogue as gospel for real life??

"i have the higher ground!!" umm So?

i'll try that one next time i get into a fight at my local, I'll jump up on table and say just that!

mdbull73
Obi Wan is the best!

He beat Darth Maul, Count Dooku, General Grievous, and Anakin

((The_Anomaly))
Mace should've just killed Palps right there!

He freakin' had him! And don't say he faked it! No one's dumb enough to lose their weapon AND get electrocuted on purpose.

Did you even see palps during his fight with yoda?

if he had being doing that he would have raped mace. I think he underestimated windu's abilities and it bit him in the ass. then when anakin showed up when he was lightning mace it was obvious he was faking....

look at what he was saying "ohhh im too weak, please dont kill me.."

then 2 seconds later he snapped back and unleashed insane lightning effortlessly, he wasn't tired or weak.

i just think he underestimated windu's sword abilities and it bit him in the @ss

mace didnt have him, if palps had wanted too he would have just unleashed his full force power on windu and windu could do nothing about it. palps is far superior in force abilities.

pure potx
Plo lloon owns ALL he is #1

pure potx
cloon* and too bad he died in a airplane , toherwise he woulda owned everyone

dflood
ewan and hayden

Anakin316
do we ever see plo koon in action in any of the three movies??

Jedi Priestess
ANAKIN..........period

Ogami Itto
Obi Wan handed him his ass!!he's no 1

Jedi Priestess
Hardly, Obi-Wan won because Anakin got sloppy and thats already been stated by people on the OS.

Ogami Itto
umm no arm no , no legs!!
Anakin:"Iv'e had worse,tis but a flesh wound!!"
ever seen Monty Pythons The Holy Grail??
and besides the BEST swordsman in the galaxy doesn't get sloppy!!
uuuh whats the os embarrasment

Jedi Priestess
Official site..........

Say what you want but Anakin Skywalker in Episode 3 is the most power and skilled Jedi, and thats a fact.

Kun-ni Habeo
Dooku

Ogami Itto
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Official site..........

Say what you want but Anakin Skywalker in Episode 3 is the most power and skilled Jedi, and thats a fact.

Never the less, he is NOT the best jedi swordsman! and the OS also says Chewbacca was killed by a moon and IG-88 almost took over the death star 2 laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Neo_Version 7

if he had being doing that he would have raped mace. I think he underestimated windu's abilities and it bit him in the ass. then when anakin showed up when he was lightning mace it was obvious he was faking....

then 2 seconds later he snapped back and unleashed insane lightning effortlessly, he wasn't tired or weak.

i just think he underestimated windu's sword abilities and it bit him in the @ss

mace didnt have him, if palps had wanted too he would have just unleashed his full force power on windu and windu could do nothing about it. palps is far superior in force abilities.

Yes, I see your point, but let's say Mace didn't hesitate and just thrusted his saber into Palps when he was on the floor. (kinda like how Maul did it to Qui-Gon; the quick reaction with the saber)

You're saying there isn't even a tiny bit of a possibilty that Palps woulod have tasted the end of Mace's lightsaber? stick out tongue

Vanquish
No Jedi or Sith can rival Yoda's saber abilities. I thought the movies made that perfectly clear. In my opinion, the order is:

1) Yoda

Distant second) Windu / Dooku / Anakin (all more or less equal)

3) Palps

4) Obi wan

Dresta
best swordsman= Mace Windu + Yoda

Darth_Rankkor
best swordsman would be, imo:

1) Yoda
2) Palp
3) Dooku/mace
4) Ki adi mundi/Plo koon

Neo_Version 7
my list would be:

1. Yoda
2. Mace
3. Darth Maul
4. Palps
5. Obi-Wan
6. Anakin (I put him down just for the hell of it!)

Anakin316
can anyone answer me please...lol in what movie do we see plo koon in action????

((The_Anomaly))
Yes, I see your point, but let's say Mace didn't hesitate and just thrusted his saber into Palps when he was on the floor. (kinda like how Maul did it to Qui-Gon; the quick reaction with the saber)

You're saying there isn't even a tiny bit of a possibilty that Palps woulod have tasted the end of Mace's lightsaber? stick out tongue

your right, i admit, fact is that mace beat palps in that fight, but...i dont think he was expecting such ability from windu, and it caught him off guard. i think that if they were to fight again palps would win easily. now that he wouldn't underestimate him.

he didnt however underestimate Yoda, everyone knew Yoda was the Jedi master of jedi masters, even palps. notice he even tried to leave during the yoda fight. he didnt try to leave during the windu fight. he knew how powerful yoda was, and didnt want to risk losing to yoda.

for mace he didnt think there was a risk of losing, he was wrong. and it it bit him in the ass.

if windu were to live and come and have a rematch with palps, windu would get owned cause palps wouldn't hold back.

Kenpokarate 2

You totally underestimate Mace Windu. I will give you this. In the force, Sidious would own Mace Windu. A lightsaber battle, Mace would own Sidious ( like we saw in the fight ). Mace Windu didnt even act like he was trying when he was fighting Sidious, that doesnt even cover the fact that at one point in the match Sidious looked scared. He freaking kicked the lightsaber out of his hand and dont give me the crap that Sidious knew Anakin was coming so that is why Sidious lost his lightsaber. Sidious could have easily played Anakin if he had his lightsaber. If Sidious could, he would have killed Mace Windu with his lightsaber just like he did the other three Jedi.

As far as Yoda and Mace. Way two different fighting styles. Thats like asking "Which martial art is better, Kung Fu or Tae Kwon Do?" Both arts have positive and negatives effects to them.

Just because I want to piss off all the Sidious cock suckers here. I choose MACE WINDU! Happy Dance

Kenpokarate 2
Another interesting tid bit is the fact that Sidious lost his lightsaber twice in one freaking movie. One with Mace, 2nd with Yoda. eek! laughing

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Kenpokarate 2
You totally underestimate Mace Windu. I will give you this. In the force, Sidious would own Mace Windu. A lightsaber battle, Mace would own Sidious ( like we saw in the fight ). Mace Windu didnt even act like he was trying when he was fighting Sidious, that doesnt even cover the fact that at one point in the match Sidious looked scared. He freaking kicked the lightsaber out of his hand and dont give me the crap that Sidious knew Anakin was coming so that is why Sidious lost his lightsaber. Sidious could have easily played Anakin if he had his lightsaber. If Sidious could, he would have killed Mace Windu with his lightsaber just like he did the other three Jedi.

As far as Yoda and Mace. Way two different fighting styles. Thats like asking "Which martial art is better, Kung Fu or Tae Kwon Do?" Both arts have positive and negatives effects to them.

Just because I want to piss off all the Sidious cock suckers here. I choose MACE WINDU! Happy Dance

nope, i disagree, sids in his fight with yoda looked far better then what he did when he was fighting palps, he was holding back during his fight with windu. he hadn't expected Windu to be as good as he was, if he had he would have just unleashed his full abilities at windu, and windu would stand no chance at all. now the question is: "why would palps not give it his all?" reason: 1) he did know anakin was coming and wanted him to fight windu to turn (as he knew Anakin was going to turn or had a pretty good idea, since he told Grievous straight out that soon he will have a new apprentice) 2) hes a Sith and thus is arrogant and full of himself, he prolly didnt think windu was as good as he was and was trying to moderately toy with him and it bit him in the ass 3) he for some reason gained power after his transformation/ burning (as his voice seemed to indicate) and thus was not at "full power" while fighting windu.

and no, i dont use the argument that he knew he anakin was coming so he lost the saber and lost the duel. he DID lose the duel, theres no arguing that, but he shouldn't have. but as said, he was holding back because he at least knew anakin was coming. i think its stupid myself to say that he lost his saber on purpose as it puts him a very vulnerable position. never the less he knew anakin was coming and was holding back on purpose. if he was to fight windu with the same power and ability as he was fighting yoda with, windu would get owned. (i mean yoda is far superior to windu and palps was laughing at yoda so there ya go)

oh and the fact that mace didnt look like he was trying was because of sam jacksons horrible sword fighting abilities.

((The_Anomaly))
Another interesting tid bit is the fact that Sidious lost his lightsaber twice in one freaking movie. One with Mace, 2nd with Yoda. eek! laughing

i dont remember him losing it during his fight with yoda....

maybe you should watch the movie again...

it was yoda that lost his saber...not sids

sids just stopped using it....and decided to throw senate pods instead

Ast Rofan
My pick would have to be Master Rofan, he was very dedicated to mastering his saber skills. cool

Neo_Version 7
your right, i admit, fact is that mace beat palps in that fight, but...i dont think he was expecting such ability from windu, and it caught him off guard. i think that if they were to fight again palps would win easily. now that he wouldn't underestimate him.

he didnt however underestimate Yoda, everyone knew Yoda was the Jedi master of jedi masters, even palps. notice he even tried to leave during the yoda fight. he didnt try to leave during the windu fight. he knew how powerful yoda was, and didnt want to risk losing to yoda.

for mace he didnt think there was a risk of losing, he was wrong. and it it bit him in the ass.

if windu were to live and come and have a rematch with palps, windu would get owned cause palps wouldn't hold back.

Thanks for answering my question in such a good manner. I was actually expecting a barrage of insults on me! eek!

But anyway, I agree that if Palps and Mace fought again, Mace would have had a hard time winning if not lose the match entirely.

Poor Mace! sad He was a sad, bad mofo!

LordSorgo
1. Dooku
2. Obi Wan
3. Yoda
4. Anakin
5. Maul

DeVi| D0do
How can you say that? Dooku was beaten by Anakin... confused

Neo_Version 7
Some people underestimate Dooku.

I think he's actually pretty good. Force and saber skills.

DeVi| D0do
He's obviously very good. He took down Obi-Wan and Anakin in Clones and also held his own for a while with Yoda. Though obviously knew he couldn't beat him so ran away.

I definitely wouldn't put him above Episode III Anakin or Yoda though. Or even Obi-Wan.

Neo_Version 7
Yeah, I guess.

He had a bad-ass lightsaber though. Almost as bad-ass as Darth Maul's.

DeVi| D0do
Almost. It looks like it woulda been harder to use though...

Neo_Version 7
I thought the same thing, but I guess he has a kind of unique and wicked way of using it.

Although Anakin didn't seem to fumble with it when he used it to cut off Dooku's head. stick out tongue

Eleonora
Definitely Anakin, followed by Obi. Among the bad guys Darth Maul.

Dude Vader
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Hardly, Obi-Wan won because Anakin got sloppy and thats already been stated by people on the OS.

Sloppy does not a Jedi make. Obi-Wan was not sloppy, that is why Anakin is legless.

Neo_Version 7
and armless.

Kenpokarate 2
Samuel L Jackson is as good a swordsman then the guy who played Sidious (I dont feel like typing his name out laughing )

Maybe Sidious did underestimate Mace but even if he didnt then Sidious still would have lost. I refuse to think that Sidious wouldnt have struck Mace Windu down in the lightsaber fight if he could have. Happy Dance

DenKi
What are you on about?

Did you even see Sidious fighting Yoda???

Use your brain please and put Mace where Yoda was when he was fighting Sidious..

Darth_Rankkor
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
He's obviously very good. He took down Obi-Wan and Anakin in Clones and also held his own for a while with Yoda. Though obviously knew he couldn't beat him so ran away.

I definitely wouldn't put him above Episode III Anakin or Yoda though. Or even Obi-Wan.

Just a reminder that he had the DEATH STAR plans with him. He HAD to leave.

Neo_Version 7
Well, that clearly wasn't the case when he fought Mace. (Rhyme Alert!)

I have to agree with others that Palps wasn't expecting so much from Windu, resulting in a near-fatal error.

Locke714
what are you talking about? palpatine just had to create Vader out of anakin and if he needed to he could still have killed mace w/the force

Sith_Dreamer
Obi-wan or Yoda definetely. MAce is ok too, but not as good.

((The_Anomaly))
Samuel L Jackson is as good a swordsman then the guy who played Sidious (I dont feel like typing his name out laughing )

Maybe Sidious did underestimate Mace but even if he didnt then Sidious still would have lost. I refuse to think that Sidious wouldn't have struck Mace Windu down in the lightsaber fight if he could have. Happy Dance

its Ian who ur thinking of (palpatine) and i hate to tell you this but most of palps fighting was not Ian, it was a GC Palpatine wink (Ian is too old to do stuff like that) only the close ups were Ian, everything else was CG.

and as for your comment "I refuse to think that Sidious wouldn't have struck Mace Windu down in the lightsaber fight if he could have."

I dont want to repeat everything I already said, so please go read what i said earlier, its all there.

Dresta
Originally posted by Sith_Dreamer
Obi-wan or Yoda definetely. MAce is ok too, but not as good.

how could you possibly think that Obi-Wan is a better swordsman than MAce are you right in the head

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Dresta
how could you possibly think that Obi-Wan is a better swordsman than MAce are you right in the head

yea, Obi was behind mace for sure...

mace would have been 3...

with obi being 5

Neo_Version 7
Have anything to back that claim up, Anom? (dude, i don't mean that as a challenge stick out tongue)

And I'm talking movie-wise, not from some guy who works with GL.

((The_Anomaly))
*sigh*

Palps and Yoda are obvious 1/2

mace is an obvious next in line

Anakin is obviously better then Obi

making obi after that (or 5)

Neo_Version 7
Sorry for the trouble, Anom.

Anyway, thank you for pointing that out.

pr1983
*sigh*

Palps and Yoda are obvious 1/2

mace is an obvious next in line

Anakin is obviously better then Obi

making obi after that (or 5)

i's have obi over ani...

mace over palps...

DeVi| D0do
Obi-Wan is a better Jedi than Anakin, but not a better swordsman...

I agree with Anomaly.

((The_Anomaly))
yes...

now I knew people would disagree because of the palps losing to windu and the obi beating anakin...

but in both cases they should not have lost. Anakin was WAYYY better then Obi was (example: Dooku) and Palps underestimated Windu (as said in my previous arguments)

and it is known that Yoda is the best of the Jedi, and had pretty much a stalemate with Palpatine in thier saber match.

((The_Anomaly))
Obi-Wan is a better Jedi than Anakin, but not a better swordsman...

I agree with Anomaly.

yes, thanks, I agree. Obi-Wan was a better jedi then Anakin, but anakin was more powerful.. in force and swordsmanship.

Neo_Version 7
Obviously not in smarts though.

pr1983
i actually disagree...

sword wise... i believe obi and mace to be superior to ani and palps respectively...

force wise though both ani and palps had a definate advantage imo...

LordSorgo
How can you say that? Dooku was beaten by Anakin... confused

Like i said, in my opinion, i don't think Dooku went all out in that battle for whatever reason.

Near the end he just started kinda slacking... It was weird.

If it weren't for Dooku, Anakin would still have one good hand left as Vader. smile

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by pr1983
i actually disagree...

sword wise... i believe obi and mace to be superior to ani and palps respectively...

force wise though both ani and palps had a definate advantage imo...
hmm...

To me, the force-push hand thing in the Ani-Obi duel demonstrates that both Anakin and Obi-Wan's knowledge of the Force is pretty equal.

In terms of swordsmanship, I really don't think there's anything in the film to support either argument. Except for the fact that Obi-Wan is on the defensive side the whole duel. Which I would put down more to Anakin's hate rather than swordsmanship... Obi-Wan always saw Anakin as his brother, he didn't really want to kill him.

I think Palpatine underestimated Mace, but I just don't buy that Mace is the better swordsman from what's on screen. But in terms of the Force, I agree Palpatine definitely had the upper hand.

pr1983
agree completely...

maybe, though the fact that he physcially overpowered obi a few times to me hinted that he was growing in power...

i do... stick out tongue

palpy_666
The best-

1. Anakin
2. Yoda
3. Mace
4. Palpatine
5. Obi-Wan

The Worst-

1. Younglings
2. All the other dead Jedi in the temple

((The_Anomaly))
this is a never ending battle.

everyone will always disagree....

i personally think its in this order, like i said. im sure many agree and many disagree..

1) Yoda/ Palpatine (A tie for 1st)
2) Mace
3) Anakin
4) Dooku
5) Obi-Wan

Neo_Version 7
I like that list, Anom.

Vanquish
Man, I still can't believe there is anyone who doesn't think Yoda is clearly the most superior swordsman of both the Jedi's and Sith's. He clearly proved it in the movie that he kicks more ass with a saber then anyone. Not to mention the fact that Obi wan says in AOTC that Yoda is the best swordsman. And we know there is no way in hell any of the Siths can take on Yoda. Palps and Dooku were both outmatched in saber combat. Dooku ran like a punk, and Palps had to resort to force dueling, because he was losing the saber fight.

It's no contest, Yoda is CLEARLY the best. End this already...

DeVi| D0do
Yoda is equal to Sidious.

Vanquish
Yoda was more or less equal to Palps in overall combat when you include using the force, but in sheer saber combat, Yoda was superior.

Pure Lightsaber dueling:

Yoda
Palps
Windu
Anakin
Dooku
Obi wan

Overall combat using force and sabers:

Yoda / Palps (equal. Personally, I give yoda the slight edge, but...)
Anakin
Dooku
Windu
obi wan

So yoda and sids are equals in combat, but Yoda is clearly the swordsman on top.

DeVi| D0do
mm... I really don't think there's anything in the film to suggest Yoda is superior to Palpatine in swordsmanship...

I agree with your lists otherwise though.

Vanquish
Besides the fact that he backed him up and had him on the defensive the whole time they were saber fighting? Besides the fact that he quickly left the room and started resorting to force fighting?

If palps was yoda's equal or better in saber combat, he would have fought him with sabers. He ended the saber duel as quick as he possibly could.

Palps isn't stupid, he knows he is out matched in saber fighting, and he also knows that he is at least equal, if not slightly stronger in the force. You avoid your weaknesses, and you play your strengths. He was weaker in saber fighting and he knew it.

DeVi| D0do
I don't know if Palpatine knew he was getting beaten so much as he knew he was just getting nowhere...

But, you have good points. I just don't think there's enough in the film to prove Sidious was inferior.

Vanquish
Ya I guess I could maybe see how some people might think Yoda and palps are more or less equals in saber combat, and the force. That duel was basically a flat out draw, with both of them getting some good shots in. Too bad Yoda couldn't hang on to the pod after the force lightning blast that sent them both reeling. I would have liked more closure on that duel but it was still very cool.

But Yoda is forsure the best Jedi swordsman in the last 900 years, and maybe of all time who knows.

DeVi| D0do
Agreed.

((The_Anomaly))
yes thank you! so long as you dont say that Windu is the best, because hes not...

Jedi Styles
Originally posted by jerlark386
I think you just contradicted yourself. Dooku died to Anakin(whos too flashy in your own words.) remember?

Besides, we all know Darth Lando is the best.

I didn't contradict anything. I was basing this solely on skills on weilding, not on who killed who... You moron...

I'm a martial artist. Techinique is everything. Obiviously Anakin killed Dooku, but still Anakin is Flashy. All to Flashy. I guess flashiness just gets the attention of children.

I guess people, don't understand the term "SKILLFUL". Don't test me on that either. I'm a 4th degree black belt, and I have trained with many weapons throughout my 18 years of training.

cad
mine are yoda, mace windu and qui-gon.

Saberstylemasta
Here is my opinion, and I also have facts to make up for some of it.

1. Darth Maul (double-bladed lightsabers take much skill)
2. Anikin (He had two lightsabers at once.)
3.Obi-wan (Took on and defeated Maul singlehandly)
4. Yoda (mostly cuz of the force)
5. Luke (he could have killed the chosen one!)

jerlark386
Originally posted by Jedi Styles
I didn't contradict anything. I was basing this solely on skills on weilding, not on who killed who... You moron...

I'm a martial artist. Techinique is everything. Obiviously Anakin killed Dooku, but still Anakin is Flashy. All to Flashy. I guess flashiness just gets the attention of children.

I guess people, don't understand the term "SKILLFUL". Don't test me on that either. I'm a 4th degree black belt, and I have trained with many weapons throughout my 18 years of training.

I'm not saying Obi-Wan was unskilled. Simply saying that Anakin has more talent. After all, he saved Obi-wan's skin 9 times. And putting dooku above Yoda is just crazy.

Point me to a single frame that shows Obi-Wan is in control. You of all people should know that control is everything. From your attitude, my guess is that you are flashy yourself. What good does it do to tell people you are 4th degree black belt? Are going to karate chop me over the internet? You think your opinion matters more for some reason? If you're a 4th degree blackbelt(whatever style) then I'm 4th degree movie watcher. Choreographed fights are not a display of skill , but art. This is an argument over nothing. All that matters really is which fight is the prettiest. Oh and I guess you could throw ultimate outcome somewhere in there..

Out of curiousity though, what is your style? PM me if you have any videos. I'd love to see them.

Paul-Muad'Dib
In my opinion the best swordsman is Yoda, because of what i have seen in the movies he has his own style which is kind of unpredictable due to his jumping and stuff. But on the other hand i have to admit i liked Dooku very much. And you cannot compare their sword abilities in a way: ani beat dooku, obi beat ani etc. because there are not only sword skills involved in their matches. You can only analyze their style and what possibilities those styles would gave if the characters would have confront each other.

Jedi Styles
Originally posted by jerlark386
I'm not saying Obi-Wan was unskilled. Simply saying that Anakin has more talent. After all, he saved Obi-wan's skin 9 times. And putting dooku above Yoda is just crazy.

Point me to a single frame that shows Obi-Wan is in control. You of all people should know that control is everything. From your attitude, my guess is that you are flashy yourself. What good does it do to tell people you are 4th degree black belt? Are going to karate chop me over the internet? You think your opinion matters more for some reason? If you're a 4th degree blackbelt(whatever style) then I'm 4th degree movie watcher. Choreographed fights are not a display of skill , but art. This is an argument over nothing. All that matters really is which fight is the prettiest. Oh and I guess you could throw ultimate outcome somewhere in there..

Out of curiousity though, what is your style? PM me if you have any videos. I'd love to see them.

I do agree, that Anikan is more skillful period. I have watched him over and over again, and the way he moves with the light saber is good.

Yoda, well he is like I said is awesome by default... Sorry if I may have insulted you, but I wasn't sure what you were getting at. I'm saying if you watch Count Dooku, his movements are very smooth and fluid... I like that... No I can't karate chop you over the internet.. HAHA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.