Shin Akuma and Evil Ryu vs. Sephiroth and Cloud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CorderaMitchell
Who wins characters at their best. Full fighting potential. rolling on floor laughing

Hoshi
i know the great majority will say cloud and seph , but my votes goes for s akuma and ryu

Hooverman
it all depend on what cloud and seph can do really and which seph

CorderaMitchell
lets say the one that is at clouds rival/enemy level.

Hooverman
99?

mr.smiley
I might have to,man....................................I don't know,just depends on which forms where using.

Dizzle
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
lets say the one that is at clouds rival/enemy level.

Cloud can't rival Sephiroth. Cloud killed him when Sephiroth had technically already died twice. Sephiroth is freaking godly, Not really knowledgable in SF lore, but I'm saying Sephiroth takes em both.

dvampire
Ryu vs. Cloud- I think its a tie IMO

Akuma vs. Sephiroth- Akuma. And Cloud eventually surpassed Sephiroth at the end of the game.

Dizzle
Not even close. Sephiroth's on another level. When Cloud killed Seph, Seph had already been technically killed twice. He was able to hold off the entire AVALANCHE group while sustaining a barrier that held back Holy, the most powerful weapon in the world, until Aerith's prayer kicked in. He was trapped in a materia crystal for long periods of time. Sephiroth is the best of all the SOLDIERS, Cloud failed to get into the SOLDIER program.

Ryu vs. Cloud would be close. It's pretty hard to dodge Omnislash though... And Ryu would have no way to block the sword.

Thanks to LordRyugen for the Sephiroth fun facts though... The channeler of God's power is not to be messed with.

CorderaMitchell
Good posts, I was just thinking, between ryu and cloud would be close, but sephiroth and akuma at his full potential I would choose akuma, but it is definitely a close match, as their projectiles would be stopped by the superior speed of sephiroth and cloud, but Shin akuma should be faster than them

Hoshi
cloud omnin slash is freaking fast , but in truth i believe akuma and ryu are even faster , akumas shun goku satsu is probaly faster than cloud omnin slash in fact

Hooverman
Originally posted by Hoshi
cloud omnin slash is freaking fast , but in truth i believe akuma and ryu are even faster , akumas shun goku satsu is probaly faster than cloud omnin slash in fact

dude it's spelled omnislash

dvampire
Ryu:

Even though Ryu is balanced from a distance and in close combat I think Ryu is stronger physically, I think cloud is better off fighting him at long range then up close, because of Ryus' Shoryuken and Tasumaki- Senpukyaku being devastating attacks. If Ryu catches Cloud with a Shin-Shoryuken (Metsu Shoryuken when it wasn't perfected) or if Cloud gets caught in a Shinku Tasumaki Senpuu Kayaku hes pretty much out of the fight.

Ryu is good at a Distance too with his Hadoken, Shakunetsu Hadoken (the fireball one that stuns and take out little more damage then the Hadoken), Shinku-Hadoken (thats over kill if it connects), and the Denjin Hadoken that stuns you instantly if it hits its target.

Cloud:

Cloud with his big sword is going to be helpful at keeping Ryu out of his range, while he uses Blade Beam, Climhazzard, and Meteorain as distance attacks. Braver, Cross-slash, Finishing touch, and Omni-Slash he can use in close range if he finds an opening.

Thats why I think it would be a tie IMO.

CorderaMitchell
cool

dvampire
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
cool

Thanks! I just wanted to give a better reason why I think it would be a draw. cool

CorderaMitchell
And you did well beyond that.

Dizzle
Originally posted by dvampire
Thanks! I just wanted to give a better reason why I think it would be a draw. cool

I agree with Cloud and Ryu cutting it close, with the exception that Cloud's reach and the fact that Ryu wouldn't be able to block would give him a close range advantage. Distance, I agree on the tie.

Now I still go for Sephiroth over Akuma, for his insane strength, speed, and durability, as well as his immense skill. The magic doesn't hurt either. I don't see Akuma gettin through a force field, unless someone can prove that he is significantly stronger than Holy.

Darkstorm Zero
Misogi - the single hit deathstrike

Kongou Kokoretsu Zan - A move that can shatter an island with a single strike.

I think Shin Akuma would win, but it would be closer than most of Akuma's possible fights.

Dizzle
Sephiroth still has a big freaking sword though. It's the same thing with Cloud and Ryu, Akuma wouldn't be able to block. He wouldn't get close. (Don't say he's faster. Seph is at least as fast as Akuma.) I just doubt Akuma would be able to stand against Seph's magic and superior weaponry/reach. Misogi won't do anything if it hits a forcefield.

Darkstorm Zero
Actually, since it's Shin Akuma, id say he's much faster, And as for penetrating a forcefield, there are many options.

Gou Hadouken
Shankunetsu Hadouken
Zanku Hadouken
Messatsu Gou Hadou
Tenma Gou Zanku
Misogi
Kongou Kokoretsu Zan

All of the bolded moves bring out enourmous quantities of energy

And as for blocking Swords, If Heihachi Mishima could do it in SC2, I firmly beleive that the Supreme Master of the Fist could do it easily

dvampire
Originally posted by Dizzle
I agree with Cloud and Ryu cutting it close, with the exception that Cloud's reach and the fact that Ryu wouldn't be able to block would give him a close range advantage. Distance, I agree on the tie.

Now I still go for Sephiroth over Akuma, for his insane strength, speed, and durability, as well as his immense skill. The magic doesn't hurt either. I don't see Akuma gettin through a force field, unless someone can prove that he is significantly stronger than Holy.

Akuma destroyed a meteor without being fased, he crushed Ayer Rock mountain with his bare hands, sunked an Island with one punch (and this was back in Alpha2), survived at the lower depths of the ocean, and destroyed a ship with no problem. I think Akuma is stronger and faster not to mention he can teleport. And I consider Seph on the same level as cloud.

I don't think Seph would even be able to pierce threw his skin. Akuma could do the same as Ryu but only worse. The Gou Hadoken,
Shakeunetsu Hadoken, Messatsu Gouhadou (thats overkill), and Tenma Gouzanku (same thing) can be used as distance attacks. While Gou Shoryuken, Tatsumaki Zankukyaku, Kongou Kuretsuzan (the match is over if it connects), Messatsu Goushoryu, Messatsu Gousenpu, Raging Demon (Shungokusatsu) is going to kill him automatically if it connects, and Misogi which is fast, devastating, and attacks no matter the distance. smile

CorderaMitchell
Kongou, yes that misogi, very painful, but there's the sin harvest.

Hoshi
the sin harvest i a slow attack that can be blocked easy with akumas freaking speed and power, i would say the sin harvest is as strong as the shungokusatsu but slower

CorderaMitchell
very accurate indeed

Hoshi
shungokusatsu is more acurrate i think

CorderaMitchell
I don't know the shungokusatsu, has a better sneak attack use, when it isn't seen.

The sin harvest, is good only if he has cover fire.

Who do you think are the fastest of the 2 between akuma and sephiroth?

Hoshi
i think you already know the answer dont you cordera big grin heheheh

CorderaMitchell
You think its akuma, i just knew sephiroth was strong.

Dizzle
Seph ran alongside a motorcycle while swordfighting Cloud in Advent Children. He holds back Holy and fights a team that contains Cloud at the same time... he and Cloud are definitely not equals. I definitely think he can take Akuma, solely on reach advantages... Supernova is just as good as any Hadoken.

Dizzle
1. Received much higher doses of Mako and J cells than regular SOLDIER recruits.
2. Was the most highly trained and most powerful member of the SOLDIER elite.
3. Was the general who lead Shinra to victory against Wutai (not sure on this one)
4. Was unable to receive damage from monsters in Nibelhem.
5. Tore apart a large marble or steel statue with his bare hands.
6. Survived being thrown into the lifestream without mental damage.
7. Survived being trapped in a large materia crystal for a number of years.
8. While trapped in materia was able to create an astral projection or take over one of his clones and imbue with powers such as flight and phasing. The clone then, killed the upper levels of Shinra Inc, stole Jenova, killed the Midgar Serpent and impaled the head through a tree, drop at least a hundred feet to kill Aerith.
9. Once freed by Cloud was able to generate a shield so powerful only the Sister ray was able to penetrate it. Note he did this while holding back the planet's most powerful weapon Holy.
10. Still holding back Holy he had enough power to completely immobilise AVALANCHE until Aerith's Prayer came into effect.

Thank you, LordRyugen. Sephiroth feats /\

Darkstorm Zero
I would lst Akuma's feats, but I can't think of them all right now. Oh well, blame the falure of my brain working on the amount of grease in my blood due to pizza hut's delicious pizza. big grin

LeAtHerRFace
cloud and seph would get raped!

CorderaMitchell
how badly?

LeAtHerRFace
REAL badly

CorderaMitchell
What do you think the chances are of them winning?

LeAtHerRFace
8of10

CorderaMitchell
fair enough

Hoshi
in fact seph is probaly the strongest guy in all final fantasy , and cloud is my favorite guy in all final fantsy , but akuma and ryu will surely crush anyone , they are the type of guy that if the enemy is strong they just get stronger , the bigger the enemy the better they batle , there is no way cloud and s can take this one

CorderaMitchell
What would be their greatest chance of prevailing against Akuma and Ryu at their Max potential?

Hoshi
i woudnt say they would be smashed easily , but they wont win , its like 7of10

CorderaMitchell
good point.

Dizzle
Seph is definitely not the most powerful guy in all the FF's... Ultimate Weapon from FF8, anyone? He's still damn huge though. In all seriousness, I'd call this a draw. 5 to 5. I still say Seph could take Akuma like 6/10, and same to Ryu against Cloud...

dark1365
I voted...Seph and Cloud.

CorderaMitchell
Why would Seph and Cloud own Ryu and Akuma at their max potential if I might ask?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.