Star Wars Sequel Trilogy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

metallica_jedi
I have heard rumors that George Lucas plans to star production of the Sequel Trilogy(episodes 7 - 9) in 2014. Has anyone else heard this and is it true?

ShotgunWes
False

JKozzy
No.

DeVi| D0do
laughing

Lucas will be 70 years old in 2014... which means he'd be 80 by the time he finishes the trilogy.

I really doubt he wants to devote yet another decade of his life to Star Wars...

jabbar
perhaps his son will take over... George just has to be careful his son doesn't kill him in his sleep wink

metallica_jedi
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
laughing

Lucas will be 70 years old in 2014... which means he'd be 80 by the time he finishes the trilogy.

I really doubt he wants to devote yet another decade of his life to Star Wars...
But don't you think they might get another director for it? Of course, the movies wont be as good, because GL is a mastermind, but they'll still make a lot of money, not as much as ROTS, but still, it will be enough.

metallica_jedi
Originally posted by jabbar
perhaps his son will take over... George just has to be careful his son doesn't kill him in his sleep wink
Ya maybe GL will tell all his secrets to his son and then let him make the ST.

DeVi| D0do
Yeah, from the studio's point of view it would make sense to milk the series for all it's worth...

But George has said that is it. When asked if he'd let another director make a movie he also said no.

FOX doesn't have enough power to make the movie themselves. It's all Lucas...

p. skywalker
although i have read an article.. i will try to find it,, where he said IF rots is the biggest money maker of the year he will make 7,8,9 ....they will be based 30 years after the originals,... so if he started now he could use the original actors seing as the ages would be around the same as the characters in the movie..

ShotgunWes
I think I found the link to the article....Oh yeah here it is:
Supershadow.com

laughing

Knock yourself out smokin'

p. skywalker
yeah thats it.. i don't see the humor in it.. but atleast it does say it was quoted from an interview with him..

ShotgunWes
Supershadow.com is totally false. The guy who runs it is a liar. He doesn't know GL. Don't feel bad for thinking he was for real. We all did at one point and time. But for future reference never mention supershadow. If you do you'll get flamed.

p. skywalker
ah thats cool.. learn something new everyday...LOL!!

macgeek2005
There WILL be a ST, I just know it. I can feel it in the force.

Strech... Put your arms behind your head. Relax. Concentrate.

Feel the Force.

DeVi| D0do
nah

Cybervader
hmm..i thought RoTS would be the 'last of the Star Wars'? The Saga is Complete ppl..let luke rest..and may he be immortalised thru training new jedis in Jedi Academy.. Hahaha but i did read the ep.7,8,9 in supershadow.. happy

Ast Rofan
If he does make a "sequel" trilogy, it would suck. Who wants to see a senile Luke instructing jedi. If anything he needs to start a whole new story, but I dont even want him to do that.

But none of this matters because it aint happening.

((The_Anomaly))
this is a supershadow thing....

and definitely he will not do 3 more..

DeVi| D0do
IESB interviews Lucas at AFI tribute (video)

IESB: "Was Sith truly the last Star Wars film, or do we think maybe in the future, if the series is so successful, that we might see another young director taking on Star Wars and making another feature film."

LUCAS: "Nope. This is the end of it."

IESB: "This is the end of it."

LUCAS: "Yup."

I dunno... something about that interview makes me think that maybe, just maybe THIS IS THE END OF IT.

I could be wrong...

Cybervader
I think its really the end..but i heard the TV series is coming up..

metallica_jedi
Originally posted by ShotgunWes
Supershadow.com is totally false. The guy who runs it is a liar. He doesn't know GL. Don't feel bad for thinking he was for real. We all did at one point and time. But for future reference never mention supershadow. If you do you'll get flamed.
Thank you I was reading some of the info on supershadow and I was like "this cant be real" but finally some one clears it up.

metallica_jedi
Originally posted by Cybervader
I think its really the end..but i heard the TV series is coming up..
Ya I heard about that too.

ShotgunWes
It's coming either late in 2006 or early in 2007.

p. skywalker
i do know there is another guy who would, or is hoping that after GL sees his homemade star wars movie that maybe he can get some of the rights to it.. maybe he'll continue it..

tpaquin
Originally posted by metallica_jedi
I have heard rumors that George Lucas plans to star production of the Sequel Trilogy(episodes 7 - 9) in 2014. Has anyone else heard this and is it true? Yup. Lucas has clearly and efficiently planned the next nine years right down to what he's gonna eat every night. He penciled in a return to Star Wars right after his third "experimental" film flops.

DeVi| D0do
I hope it follows the adventures of Nien Nunb.

tpaquin
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
I hope it follows the adventures of Nien Nunb.

Better yet, the continued adventures of Wickett!

Man, oh, man. An Ewok movie would be ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!111111111one

Oh, wait.
http://movies.nnov.ru/Covers/Ewok%20Adventure,%20The.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.