Sandman Vs Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GalacticStorm
Discuss

long pig
Morpheus? evil face

GalacticStorm
What are peoples thoughts on this? I dont think its as easy a win for hulk as some of you fans might believe. For a start the hulk has no way of hurting sandman. In abilities and attack methods he is very limited and one dimensional. Hes just a brawler and such methods are futile against the sandman. It takes wit and preparation to take out Sandman, something Savage hulk doesnt have in abundance for this matchup. Sandman can remain in his sand form for an apparently unlimited amount of time. Hulk after getting tired reverts back to Banner as he has done in bouts with Juggernaut. Sandman could flood the hulks airways as a form of attack. What can hulk can hulk do? Any suggestions? Im just putting some ideas forward.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
What are peoples thoughts on this? I dont think its as easy a win for hulk as some of you fans might believe. For a start the hulk has no way of hurting sandman. In abilities and attack methods he is very limited and one dimensional. Hes just a brawler and such methods are futile against the sandman. It takes wit and preparation to take out Sandman, something Savage hulk doesnt have in abundance for this matchup. Sandman can remain in his sand form for an apparently unlimited amount of time. Hulk after getting tired reverts back to Banner as he has done in bouts with Juggernaut. Sandman could flood the hulks airways as a form of attack. What can hulk can hulk do? Any suggestions? Im just putting some ideas forward.

Hulk doesn't get tired. He never reverted to Banner in a fight against Juggernaut. If Sandman tried to get into Hulk's airways, he'll get blown miles away. I don't see how Hulk wins this fight, either.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Hulk doesn't get tired. He never reverted to Banner in a fight against Juggernaut. I don't see how he wins this fight, either.

Unless Hulks suddenly had an upgrade since when does the hulk not get tired indefinitely. When Hulk fought Juggernaut he eventually tired out and fled because he was reverting to Banner who would have got squished.

Cosmic Cube
Unless Hulks suddenly had an upgrade since when does the hulk not get tired indefinitely. When Hulk fought Juggernaut he eventually tired out and fled because he was reverting to Banner who would have got squished.

Hulk never gets tired. Hulk ran from Juggernaut because he was reverting? What the f**k? Issue?

long pig
So, definatly not sandman from vertigo?

Sandman, the spiderman villian? he's an idiot, and he'd lose.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by long pig
So, definatly not sandman from vertigo?

Sandman, the spiderman villian? he's an idiot, and he'd lose.

How? What could Hulk do to win? Spiderman beats him through his brains. SavageHulk just has brawn at his disposal.

long pig

Hulk isn't as one dimentional as you'd think. I was under the same impression, but after learning more about him, he's definatly not one dimentional.

Cosmic Cube
How? What could Hulk do to win? Spiderman beats him through his brains. SavageHulk just has brawn at his disposal.

Respond to my last post, GS. mad

long pig
How would he win? How would he lose, is the better question.
And yeah, when did Hulk run from jug?

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Respond to my last post, GS. mad

The Hulk handbook says that Hulk can fight for hours on end but it mentions nothing about him never tiring indefinitely. For example the hulk swam as stated in the handbook across the pacific ocean to Easter Island where Absorbing Man was and was left exhausted.

Cosmic Cube
The Hulk handbook says that Hulk can fight for hours on end but it mentions nothing about him never tiring indefinitely. For example the hulk swam as stated in the handbook across the pacific ocean to Easter Island where Absorbing Man was and was left exhausted.

It's indefinite. The handbook doesn't encompass Hulk's abilites, either. Hulk's stamina is unlimited. The longer he fights, the stronger, more regenerative, and more durable he gets.

What about that Hulk vs Juggernaut fight? shifty

long pig
Forever is a big word. Hulk's body could possibly become stronger forever, but his mind couldn't produce the rage forever.

That's the problem I have with the whole "hulk can get infinitely stronger", because he could, but only if his mind was capable, which has never been proven the case.

How can one become enraged forever?

Cosmic Cube
Forever is a big word. Hulk's body could possibly become stronger forever, but his mind couldn't produce the rage forever.

That's the problem I have with the whole "hulk can get infinitely stronger", because he could, but only if his mind was capable, which has never been proven the case.

How can one become enraged forever?

You've got it right, long pig. Hulk can't even conceive infinity. He can't become "infinitely angry."

But, it's not all about anger, as many believe. The stress of being in battle makes Hulk stronger. Exerting himself makes Hulk stronger. At times, simply questioning Hulk's strength makes Hulk stronger. Hulk doesn't have to add to a pool of anger, or even sustain his rage to become stronger. He simply has to draw more strength from his limitless source. One of the more efficient ways of drawing this strength during battle is becoming angrier. Hulk can lift any weight, or resist any force, if given the opportunity. That's the whole concept of "limitless strength."

long pig
When has he ever drawn strength any other way than through anger and rage?

Cosmic Cube
When has he ever drawn strength any other way than through anger and rage?

Several times.

In his greatest feat of strength ever, Hulk held the matter and antimatter orbs, each having infinite inertial mass and an irresistable force of attraction, simply because Spiderman said that he couldn't. In order to save the solar system, Spiderman told Hulk that he wasn't the strongest one there is, and that he wasn't strong enough to punch one of the orbs into space. Hulk punched the antimatter orb millions of miles into deep space, where the matter orb met it, and the two exploded, creating a star.

Cosmic Cube
-edit-

long pig
But, he was able to do that because he was angry that SpiderMan questioned his strength. He always gets angry when someone questions his strength.

Cosmic Cube
But, he was able to do that because he was angry that SpiderMan questioned his strength. He always gets angry when someone questions his strength.

The matter and antimatter orbs had infinite inertial mass, meaning that it would take a force of equally infinite strength to move them. Hulk doesn't have to keep getting angrier to get stronger. A strength increase of infinite magnitude could occur in a moment. Hulk gets as strong as he needs to be.

Here's a better example. Jarella told Hulk to close an earthquake fissure along a fault line. Hulk is 100% calm, and he grabs both sides of the rift, and closes it. Hulk didn't even know that he had moved the mass of an entire tectonic plate.

See what I'm saying?

chunjacktao
Hulk has limitless strength. Madder he gets stronger he is. I like sandman, but, see, Sandman CAN tire out.

telekinetic13
Hulk all the way. Hulk becomes as strong as he needs to be is right. If he can't do something his rage grows. As his rage grows so does his strength. Spider man defeated Sandman by isolating the one grain of sand that connected his consciousness from the astral plane to the material one. The Hulk would pulverize into quarks every grain of sand associated with Sandman until he was no longer able to establish that connection ultimately trapping his consciousness in the astral plane.

pym-ftw
Hulk sneezes Sandman apart

Shabazz916
Hulk wins he thunder claps him into pecks across miles

guy222
hulk wins

Ash_J_Williams
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Hulk sneezes Sandman apart

thumb up

bluewaterrider
Back in the 1960s, Hulk versus Sandman would have been a competitive fight. In fact, here's the end scene of one of the first battles they presumably HAD around that time ...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.