Vader's fate could have been like Dooku's

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cybervader
We see in RoTS that in order to have Anakin as his apprentice, Sidious has to remove dooku, as the Sith only operates in two - one master and one apprentice. Anakin (the would-be apprentice) was asked to kill off dooku.

In RoTJ, Sidious wanted to turn Luke to the dark side.

EMPEROR: "Now..fulfil your destiny and take your father's place at my side!"

Didn't he just asked luke to kill Vader? When he said "fulfil your destiny" it was as good as saying 'strike your father down"..Vader must have been blindly loyal by bringing luke before the Emperor,it was as though they were discussing the removal of vader openly.

Surely Vader knew about the Sith's Rule of Two. It is my belief that when he heard the quote above by his master, he remembered Dooku dying in his hands,and finally it dawned on him that he was to die in order for luke to become a Sith apprentice.That is why, in addition to luke's appeals, he made up his mind to kill sidious once and for all.

If not, Vader's fate could have been the same as Dooku - killed by the would-be apprentice, Luke Skywalker this time round.

Neo_Version 7
Why are the Siths such cheapskates?

Ast Rofan
Mech Vader wasnt what Sidious wanted when he seduced Anakin. When he saw someone stronger come along he jumped at the chance to get it right.

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by Cybervader
We see in RoTS that in order to have Anakin as his apprentice, Sidious has to remove dooku, as the Sith only operates in two - one master and one apprentice. Anakin (the would-be apprentice) was asked to kill off dooku.

Didn't he just asked luke to kill Vader? When he said "fulfil your destiny" it was as good as saying 'strike your father down"..Vader must have been blindly loyal by bringing luke before the Emperor,it was as though they were discussing the removal of vader openly.

Surely Vader knew about the Sith's Rule of Two. It is my belief that when he heard the quote above by his master, he remembered Dooku dying in his hands,and finally it dawned on him that he was to die in order for luke to become a Sith apprentice.That is why, in addition to luke's appeals, he made up his mind to kill sidious once and for all.

If not, Vader's fate could have been the same as Dooku - killed by the would-be apprentice, Luke Skywalker this time round.
hmm... Good theory.

But I honestly don't think Lucas came up with the 'rule of two' until the PT...

Also, don't forget, that Vader also wanted Luke for himself...

VADER: Luke. You can destroy the Emperor. He has foreseen this. It is your destiny. Join me, and we can rule the galaxy as father and son. Come with me. It's the only way.

Vader wanted to turn Luke and have him kill Palpatine so he could take Palpatine's place with Luke as his apprentice...

And Palpatine wanted Luke to replace Vader. Luke was everything Vader was before the suit. With Luke, they would be even more powerful...

Justice Pie
Everyone just wanted Luke on their team!

The Rebellion, Vader, Palpie... He was a hot commodity!

Neo_Version 7
Hot stuff!

Cybervader
QUOTE: "And Palpatine wanted Luke to replace Vader. Luke was everything Vader was before the suit. With Luke, they would be even more powerful..."

Hmm..are you trying to say that vader was not as powerful as what anakin as anakin would have been? And that anakin as anakin and luke are just as powerful? that's very interesting..i do not think this have been discussed before..

Mist
Originally posted by Cybervader

umm...duh.

why do you reckon palps was cackling when luke cut off vader's hand? he was waiting for luke to kill vader and join the darkside....

Stealth Agent
been discussed plenty o times your just a noob.

luke was not as strong as anakin was b4 the suit but with time and training he would of been.(as he is in the eu after ROJ)

((The_Anomaly))
wow, talk about stating the obvious...threads these days...

Cybervader
Originally posted by Stealth Agent
been discussed plenty o times your just a noob.

Ok..let me ask you what right u have in sayin that? It does not mean that i joined this forum in 2005 i had not been in other SW forums before this..And just because you know something does not mean that i'm a less SW fan than you Stealth Agent!

I'm so sick and tired of hearing arrogant 'contributors' of this forum who looks down on others..We are all here in the name of SW and pls do not tarnish it with your foul elitist attitude. Thank you very much.

DeVi| D0do
You gotta cut us some slack if we seem a tad touchy... we've been through a lot of shit the past few months... it's only beginning to return to normality... slowly. very slowly.

Ast Rofan
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
You gotta cut us some slack if we seem a tad touchy... we've been through a lot of shit the past few months... it's only beginning to return to normality... slowly. very slowly.

You felt this change? Strange that I have not. Are you sure your feelings are clear on this matter?

DeVi| D0do
Come on, at least we don't have "Plagueis is Anakin's father" and "Mace beat Palpatine" threads popping up every two seconds... now, we only have them every two minutes... at least that's a start wink

Ast Rofan
No but overall, I think we have gotten alot more straight up assholes.(not implying anyone)

Justice Pie
Originally posted by Ast Rofan
No but overall, I think we have gotten alot more straight up assholes.(not implying anyone)
Could it be because your(as a whole) tactics lack tolerance?
People are new, let them be. The more you fight the more they'll resist.

DeVi| D0do
People can be new but they don't have to be assholes. (which most of them are)

Justice Pie
People can be new but they don't have to be assholes. (which most of them are)
Well, if they BEGIN as assholes, then I have no excuse for them. Bad parenting...?
But I know that sometimes people react to negative stimuli and it is most likely going to be a negative reaction.

Morridini
Vader wanted to turn Luke and have him kill Palpatine so he could take Palpatine's place with Luke as his apprentice...

So why did he then stop Luke from killing the Emperor? Hadn't vader blocked Luke's saber it would have killed Palps.

DeVi| D0do
Vader probably didn't think just the act of Luke killing Palpatine would be enough to turn him... he needed more time to manipulate him and lure him to the Dark Side.

Kinda the same as Dooku's death. Anakin didn't turn just by killing Dooku... sure, it had a large effect on him, but it wasn't great enough to turn him.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Ast Rofan

i completely DISAGREE!!!!! i'm new, and i'm DEFINITELY not straight up embarrasment

~wickerman~

Ast Rofan
Originally posted by Justice Pie
Could it be because your(as a whole) tactics lack tolerance?
People are new, let them be. The more you fight the more they'll resist.

I have learned to accept the recycled topics thing since I dont see going away anytime soon. stick out tongue I am talking about the people who go out of their way to prove that they are an *******, Darth Lando for example.

Ogami Itto
Darth Lando's real???

Justice Pie
Originally posted by Wickerman
i completely DISAGREE!!!!! i'm new, and i'm DEFINITELY not straight up embarrasment

~wickerman~
Ah no Wickerman. You're just creepy with your lumbering signature!
Straight up! big grin

Jack Daniels
yeah what the heck is that thing wickerman...looks like a creature that has elephantitus of the nutz er somethin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.