Adam Warlock vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ethereal
discuss

Cosmic Cube
Been done.

Warlock.

Sentry
Here is the forum:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=323664&highlight=Adam+Warlock+Vs+Superman

Warlock wins, with or without the soul gem.

whirlysplat
Been Done Superman big grin

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=323664&highlight=Adam+Warlock+Vs+Superman

LordFear
I gotta go with Warlock here.
Physically Supes might overwhelm him in time but Warlock is no pushover and just being such a spiritual/mystic. He is just to unpredictable is this encounter to discount his victory

Sentry
With the soul gem Warlock pulls him into the soul world, fight over. Without it, his standard powers are increased, and with his psionics, no way Supes is getting past his telekinetic shielding. Thor's hammer couldn't, what makes you think pure physical strength can get through? Warlock wins.

whirlysplat
The previous thread pretty much said Supes

LordFear
Originally posted by whirlysplat
The previous thread pretty much said Supes

And this is what I often gripe about in this forum.
I mean pick the person who according to his experience and
powers would win not popularity.
Damn that stuff just burns me up!!!!
How can anybody denies Warlock besting Clark?
What the hell is that all about?

jrodslam
Popularity plays a big role in alot of these threads. But noone complains when SS fanboys say Surfer could beat everyone hes put up against. Even when they have the same powers or theres no logical winner.

That also burns me up.

LordFear
Originally posted by jrodslam
Popularity plays a big role in alot of these threads. But noone complains when SS fanboys say Surfer could beat everyone hes put up against. Even when they have the same powers or theres no logical winner.

That also burns me up.

I agree with you as well.
Mr. Norrin Radd gets way too much props around here among others.

leonidas
<<How can anybody denies Warlock besting Clark?
What the hell is that all about?>>

check out the first time this thread was posted. there were some pretty good arguments BOTH ways.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by jrodslam

That also burns me up.

Yeah right. Superman is way more popular than any other character, and it shows on this board. People amp Superman up to ridiculous levels. Truth is, Surfer could beat most superheroes. It's a bleak reality.

ImmortalOne
Even though I like Supez, I still thinks Supez has too little chance to win against a "warlock" like Adam

Mr. Norin Radd deserves it, he is just cool.......

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by ImmortalOne
Even though I like Supez, I still thinks Supez has too little chance to win against a "warlock" like Adam

Mr. Norin Radd deserves it, he is just cool.......

Agreed.

The Problem
bump

guy222
Originally posted by The Problem
bump

otay

adam ftw

The Problem
Care to explain how?

King Kandy
Originally posted by The Problem
Care to explain how?
SOUL SUCK!

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Warlock wins

DigiMark007
Christ, why didn't Warlock ever get this kind of cred when I had him in the tourney? Back in the day, people used to think he was barely better than Iron Man. I suppose I can take partial credit for the resurgence, but sometimes I wonder if his rep is a bit too inflated anymore. He might be the only character that I'm a fan of where I consistently feel the need to argue against him in threads compared to other posters.

quanchi112
i think with the gem warlock and easily but without supes pulls a win.

long pig
He no longer has the Gem. Strange has it I think.

So, he still wins, though.

celestialdemon
I like Warlock. Probably my favorite hero. I think he can beat Superman, but I don't think it's going to be easy. Without the gem, he would win 6/10. With it, probably 8/10.

King Kandy
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Christ, why didn't Warlock ever get this kind of cred when I had him in the tourney? Back in the day, people used to think he was barely better than Iron Man. I suppose I can take partial credit for the resurgence, but sometimes I wonder if his rep is a bit too inflated anymore. He might be the only character that I'm a fan of where I consistently feel the need to argue against him in threads compared to other posters.
Thankfully whenever you try to deflate the hype you've got ol' Kandy to foil you!

Tyrant
Christ, why didn't Warlock ever get this kind of cred when I had him in the tourney? Back in the day, people used to think he was barely better than Iron Man. I suppose I can take partial credit for the resurgence, but sometimes I wonder if his rep is a bit too inflated anymore. He might be the only character that I'm a fan of where I consistently feel the need to argue against him in threads compared to other posters. Hmm... so what you want, is people to downgrade him at every opportunity?

Can do sir.

Superman wins 10/10.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Tyrant
Hmm... so what you want, is people to downgrade him at every opportunity?

Can do sir.

Superman wins 10/10. without soul gem supes stil isnt beating warlock ten outta 10. supes for majority but not all day everyday.

Tyrant
Originally posted by quanchi112
without soul gem supes stil isnt beating warlock ten outta 10. supes for majority but not all day everyday. Well, since it's obvious this one flew past you...

Um, ya, Superman would destroy Warlock. Hell, it's not even a guarantee if he had the Soul Gem, it would even work.

quanchi112
Well, since it's obvious this one flew past you...

Um, ya, Superman would destroy Warlock. Hell, it's not even a guarantee if he had the Soul Gem, it would even work. superman isnt that much above warlock. no way near perfect.

Tyrant
superman isnt that much above warlock. no way near perfect. He may not be perfect, but you don't have to be perfect to stomp a mudhole in Warlock.

quanchi112
He may not be perfect, but you don't have to be perfect to stomp a mudhole in Warlock. i meant he isnt winning ten outta ten. no way in hell.

Tyrant
i meant he isnt winning ten outta ten. no way in hell. Based on Warlock being cosmic or something, because I see no other reason?

quanchi112
Based on Warlock being cosmic or something, because I see no other reason? warlock can hold his own against quasar and other marvel threats that are comparable to supes. i see warlock taking 3 or 4 out of ten with no soul gem.

Tyrant
warlock can hold his own against quasar and other marvel threats that are comparable to supes. i see warlock taking 3 or 4 out of ten with no soul gem. Warlock had the Gem when he beat Quaser...

Also, Supes has held his own with powers comparable to Eternity, so...

quanchi112
i give supes solid majority but no where near perfection against warlock

Ouallada
Eh Quanchi, I seriously think you should look above you before the sarcasm flies past you completely. Warlock takes a solid majority, especially with gem. People who can foil Thanos shouldn't be playing with top tiers, dials at 11 or not.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Ouallada
Eh Quanchi, I seriously think you should look above you before the sarcasm flies past you completely. Warlock takes a solid majority, especially with gem. People who can foil Thanos shouldn't be playing with top tiers, dials at 11 or not. ah whatevr. my opinion has always been warlock whips his ass with the soul gembut loses solid majority against supes without it.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Warlock seems to be the superior of the Two. Tho I dont' know how Sueprman's speed will factor in this. I don't know how fast Warlocks reaction Times are. But if he is as powerful or more powerful than when he turned Thanos to stone, then i'd wager supers is in trouble.

quanchi112
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Warlock seems to be the superior of the Two. Tho I dont' know how Sueprman's speed will factor in this. I don't know how fast Warlocks reaction Times are. But if he is as powerful or more powerful than when he turned Thanos to stone, then i'd wager supers is in trouble. that was warlocks ghost. so that has no relevance here. this is warlock alive and in the flesh and blood. warlcok cant compete at all with thanos in a fight. without the gem thanos would spank him. supes beats him in solid majority with a gemless warlock.

long pig
Of course he can compete in a fight with Thanos. Thanos has said, in the last 4 years, that he fears Warlock. Warlock has beaten him.

His powers are so immense, I mean, you realize he gained all the powers Dr.Strange has (and vica versa)when they merged souls?

DigiMark007
Warlock punked Quasar numerous times because his karmic attacks screwed up Q's concentration a bunch. Supes doesn't need to concentrate to be Class Ridiculous.

...sans gem, it would be a great fight to see, but I'd give Supes the majority. With gem...who knows.

King Kandy
Originally posted by long pig
His powers are so immense, I mean, you realize he gained all the powers Dr.Strange has (and vica versa)when they merged souls?
Awe don't tell me you bought into Digi and Scoob's tourney plot too?

Tyrant
Of course he can compete in a fight with Thanos. Thanos has said, in the last 4 years, that he fears Warlock. Warlock has beaten him.

His powers are so immense, I mean, you realize he gained all the powers Dr.Strange has (and vica versa)when they merged souls? There you go with that bull hockey again...ermm

Warlock punked Quasar numerous times because his karmic attacks screwed up Q's concentration a bunch. Supes doesn't need to concentrate to be Class Ridiculous.

...sans gem, it would be a great fight to see, but I'd give Supes the majority. With gem...who knows. Not I!
Although a couple or one Karmic Blasts, and Supes goes down.

quanchi112
Originally posted by King Kandy
Awe don't tell me you bought into Digi and Scoob's tourney plot too? laughing no way adam warlcok beats thanos unless hes in ghost form. laughing

draxx_tOfU
If it were just another guy with the same powerset ie Gladiator/Hyperion, i'd give it to Adam...

Superman ftw...

long pig
Originally posted by King Kandy
Awe don't tell me you bought into Digi and Scoob's tourney plot too?
It's true.

He learned every spell DS knew.

guy222
aw

Priest

His(WarLock) powers are so immense, I mean, you realize he gained all the powers Dr.Strange has (and vica versa)when they merged souls?
I know LP knew his Doctor Strange stuff, but does anyone know where this was stated?

jks
Hmm, this fight depends.

If we use logic and go by showings and powersets, AW should win.

If we go by the fact this thread is on kmc, then supes wins.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Priest
I know LP knew his Doctor Strange stuff, but does anyone know where this was stated?
It was never, ever stated. Digi used it as a tourney strategy and somehow convinced people that it was true despite there being not a single scan to support it.

DigiMark007
Actually Kandy, you can stop making things up. Show me where we ever used a Strange spell in the tourney and I'll give you my mod powers for a day.

Scoob can back me up on that. We looked into it but soon realized it was a rumor that had spread, and nothing more. We never implemented it in battles.

And no, there aren't scans to support it. We used the soul merge to great affect in the tourney, but not in the way they'd have you believe. Some of it was indeed outlandish, and I won't lie and say everything we did was terribly believable, but we supported most of it with scans, as most of it was more provable than Warlock using Strange's spells.

King Kandy
In the vs. Darthgoober thread you claim that Warlock has knowledge of Dr. Strange's spells since he knows Strange can teleport (or something similar.)

DigiMark007
Knowledge, perhaps. I'd probably still hold to that, that a soul mesh would give him knowledge of Strange's abilities. Given the nature of the soul-mesh, basic knowledge of a person and their abilities seems to me like a safe presumption.

Application, however, is a different matter entirely, and was the claim you made earlier.

Warlock has teleported on his own, so that particular example is moot. And he has never actively used any of Strange's abilities, so I never made the claim that he has access to Strange's spells....though classic Warlock (not current, mind you) likely had a working knowledge of what Strange himself could do.

The fact that his soul-mesh with Surfer allowed him to later control his board for a while lends credibility to the idea that he has some access to others' power sets, within reason of course.

geshien

I'm sorry Digi but, that sig of yours is killing me.

It's so damn creepy and unsettling.

Not saying you have to change it (like me telling you would matter), just had to say my peace.

happy

DigiMark007
...making a tourney sig for myself as soon as drafts are over. So it won't be up much longer.

wink

geshien
...making a tourney sig for myself as soon as drafts are over. So it won't be up much longer.

wink

Wunderbar. big grin

Faceman

wink

Yeah and get rid of that avi too. sick

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.