lightsaber colours

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dflood
so why did gl ban the idea of different colour lightsabers such as plo wit a yellow and galia wit red etc..............

Darth Travizzle
why don't you ask someone who cares?

dflood
shut up you bollocks . i care you dumb shite

SithSpy
Probaly b/c he wanted to keep it clear cut, Good guys--blue/green bad guys--red. He made an exception per samuel L.'s request to have a purple saber

Dude Vader
So did Yoda ask for a green one????

laughing

Dude Vader
I think I read somewhere that the different colours relate to the different levels of a Jedi!

Ogami Itto
Originally posted by Darth Travizzle

What a Numpty!!!!

jerlark386
Maybe GL did'nt wan't his saber fights to look like a bag of skittles.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Dude Vader
I think I read somewhere that the different colours relate to the different levels of a Jedi!

No actually thats wrong, the colours have nothing to do with the ranks of Jedi, its a matter of personal preference, thats it.

matreid
Originally posted by Darth Travizzle

If you don't care, why post?

Bespin Bart
Dflood, Darth Travizzle, you guys are so mature. I commend you. stick out tongue

Meh, in the movies, there are only those four colors, but EU says otherwise.

JKozzy
I think I read somewhere that the different colours relate to the different levels of a Jedi! Untrue. Anakin had a green one in AOTC, and Yoda's is always green. Doesn't make much sense.

DeVi| D0do
The green lightsaber was created in Return of the Jedi because they couldn't have a blue saber on a blue background (the Tatooine sky).

Director_Joe
Originally posted by JKozzy
Untrue. Anakin had a green one in AOTC, and Yoda's is always green. Doesn't make much sense.

Well, they were in the middle of a battle...I'm sure Anakin didn't care what color his lightsaber was as long as he had one... It's not really his....it's just a kind of back up

Darth Travizzle
Originally posted by jerlark386
LOL!

Darth Travizzle
Originally posted by JKozzy
Untrue. Anakin had a green one in AOTC, and Yoda's is always green. Doesn't make much sense.
That's because he lost his lightsaber and someone just tossed him an extra one so he could fight.

palpy_666
Originally posted by dflood
so why did gl ban the idea of different colour lightsabers such as plo wit a yellow and galia wit red etc..............

I've never heard of such a thing. Sources, dude.. state your sources.

Anyways, I always thought that the Sith carry Red sabers because red = passion.

"The Sith rely on their passion for their strength..."

chilled monkey
Lucas should have introduced lots of new colours in the PT. Yellow, purple, orange, pink, brown etc It would give the Jedi so much more individuality. Samuel L. Jackson should be applauded for getting that purple blade out of him.

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Lucas should have introduced lots of new colours in the PT. Yellow, purple, orange, pink, brown etc
Don't forget black...

*sigh* roll eyes (sarcastic)

obi-wan geynobi
yarael poof, jocasta nu, depa billaba = yellow
alot of people = blue
alot of people = green
mace windu, mara jade, jaina solo = purple
plo koon = first blue but then orange
corran horn = silver

obi-wan geynobi
oops no expression

sith = red

dflood
my sorce is the game ,jedi power battles and star wars toys and books etc.................

Swanky-Tuna
I said something very similar about the big fight scene in Attack of the Clones.

"What a colorful battle!"

Dude Vader
I just found this while searching on google.
h**p://**w.starwarsdotcom.com/star_wars/lightsabers/colors.html
But what I dont get is it says that Count Douku has Blue/Green. Was his not Red???

DeVi| D0do
Maybe before he became a Sith?

Dude Vader
Hmm...Good thinking batman!

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by obi-wan geynobi
yarael poof, jocasta nu, depa billaba = yellow
alot of people = blue
alot of people = green
mace windu, mara jade, jaina solo = purple
plo koon = first blue but then orange
corran horn = silver

first off most of that is EU, and is not lucas's vision. (other then Blue, Green, Red, and Purple)

second silver lightsabers are almost as stupid as black lightsabers and gold lightsabers. you cant make silver light, nor can you make gold light. and you especially cannot make black light. (that whole darksaber thing is just dumb) it should be called a lack-of-lightsaber.

yet another example of EU writers going overboard and being stupid with thier ideas.

SithSpy
lack-of-lightsaber--LMAO

Darth Koroni
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
first off most of that is EU, and is not lucas's vision. (other then Blue, Green, Red, and Purple)

second silver lightsabers are almost as stupid as black lightsabers and gold lightsabers. you cant make silver light, nor can you make gold light. and you especially cannot make black light. (that whole darksaber thing is just dumb) it should be called a lack-of-lightsaber.

yet another example of EU writers going overboard and being stupid with thier ideas.

How is it impossible to have silver lightsabers? It'd just be a fancy way of calling them white, which is a color of light.

chilled monkey
((The_Anomaly)): You're entitled to your opinion, but what exactly is wrong with more colours? It's more interesting.

Silver lightsabres would be awesome! I agree about black though. That would make them 'anti-light' sabres (like anti-matter).

viking12344
I still think Sammy J had a purple blade because the sword style he created required him to flirt with the darkside to be effective.

Red+Blue=purple.

DeVi| D0do
Sammy J got a purple saber coz Sammy J asked for a purple saber. Apparently Sammy J always gets what Sammy J wants...

Boris
Naturally, he is a bmf.

viking12344
Yeah but if Sammy J asked for a pink light sabre, GL would have laughed at him. I think it went something like, " You have three choices, green, blue or grape". Least they can logically explain purple.
Seriously, I think Jackson sucked as Windu. Never liked the character as played by him one bit and hearing how he had to have something unique is ridiculous. I mean hell, a completely digitilized yoda stole every scene from him when they were togther anyway. How BMF is that?

LOL.......

My favorite part of the movie is when Sidious zaps his arogant azz off the balcony, wonder who found the sabre below?

matreid
I know its EU but Lowbacca had a bronze saber. Thats kinda cool.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Darth Koroni
How is it impossible to have silver lightsabers? It'd just be a fancy way of calling them white, which is a color of light.

yes, white sabers are not silver, there white...

and i personally dont care, but lucas is as lucas does...

(other then the black one, which honestly is the dumbest thing ever)

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by chilled monkey
((The_Anomaly)): You're entitled to your opinion, but what exactly is wrong with more colours? It's more interesting.

Silver lightsabres would be awesome! I agree about black though. That would make them 'anti-light' sabres (like anti-matter).

well as i said, sure silver, would be.....interesting...

but you cant actually make silver light the closest you can get is white, which was said.

and for gold the closest thing u can get is yellow. i have no problem with yellow. in my opinion i think that these saber colours should be allowed:

Blue
Green
Red
Purple
Orange
Yellow
Pink
and white (but i think white would make a better training saber colour i.e. sabers that work and feel like real ones but are non-lethal)

also a few variations of the colours would be ok, like aqua green or light blue etc. etc.

mostly im just against a saber that actually is Gold, or actually Silver

and the black one...i just have no comment since its so dumb

spencerspider
a black one would be a darksaber lol

chilled monkey
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
well as i said, sure silver, would be.....interesting...

but you cant actually make silver light the closest you can get is white, which was said.

and for gold the closest thing u can get is yellow. i have no problem with yellow. in my opinion i think that these saber colours should be allowed:

Blue
Green
Red
Purple
Orange
Yellow
Pink
and white (but i think white would make a better training saber colour i.e. sabers that work and feel like real ones but are non-lethal)

also a few variations of the colours would be ok, like aqua green or light blue etc. etc.

mostly im just against a saber that actually is Gold, or actually Silver

and the black one...i just have no comment since its so dumb

Cool.

Ogami Itto
I agree!!!! black white gold silver :yucky

Darth Halo
well a whitesaber can probably be a colorful crystal that has aged somehow and lost it's color showing how old the and wisened the user is. Too bad they die or lose their lightsaber handling limbs

jerlark386
Taste the rainbow!

Sorry I just had to say it.

Wickerman
Taste the rainbow!

Sorry I just had to say it.

laughing LMAO

I'm all for more colors and all, but i think it'd kill some of the original beauty of SW. But MAAAAAN i'd LOVE to see a pink lightsaber....that'd be so pimpin' eek!

~wickerman~

ShotgunWes
Originally posted by matreid
I know its EU but Lowbacca had a bronze saber. Thats kinda cool.

Lowbacca? WTF? Please don't tell me that the EU is so bad that they can't even come up with new and creative names... Lowbacca???!!! Please, Booger would have been a better name. sick

Ogami Itto
Originally posted by ShotgunWes
Lowbacca? WTF? Please don't tell me that the EU is so bad that they can't even come up with new and creative names... Lowbacca???!!! Please, Booger would have been a better name. sick

LOL !!! isn;t a bronze saber just ...well.. a sword???

Darth_fury
so many different colours

so confusing

twinsabers
The color depends are the crystal that is put in the saber. the crystal is what makes the color so there could be yellow, orange, bronze, etc. GL wanted to make it simple in the movies so people wouldn't get confused with who was good and who was bad (green/blue=good; red=bad)

dflood
i was disappointed to see plo without a yellow

chilled monkey
Originally posted by twinsabers
The color depends are the crystal that is put in the saber. the crystal is what makes the color so there could be yellow, orange, bronze, etc. GL wanted to make it simple in the movies so people wouldn't get confused with who was good and who was bad (green/blue=good; red=bad)

Yeah. He thinks that we're so stupid that characters have to be colour-coded.

Ogami Itto: it wasn't actually made of bronze. It was just bronze-coloured.

garrison
hi devildodo it is me your apprentice

garrison
I like black,white,red,green,yellow,blue lightsaber color's.

favorite is BLACK

Darth Calladus
Maybe GL did'nt wan't his saber fights to look like a bag of skittles. lmao funny man laughing out loud laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing

Darth Calladus
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Sammy J got a purple saber coz Sammy J asked for a purple saber. Apparently Sammy J always gets what Sammy J wants... thats cuz big sammy is the man

Sam: i ****in purple saber so gimmie one dammit!
GL: you heard the man, make it happen you dumb ****s!!

Lord Matreid
That was a pointless bump Calladus...

Captain REX
That was a waste of time and space, Calladus. Don't. Bump. Dead. Threads.

stuwienl
maybe they didnt have more colours because it would be too much work. but the lightsabers dont have any colours but its the glow that makes it look blue/green or red or whatever.

david flood
whats wrong with bumping dead thread

its my thread so im alowing him and .......davey flood wants people to bump this thread ,so davey gets what he wants stick out tongue

stuwienl
just saying what i thought.

DARTH LONER
all i know is that i heard lucas say it is a preference to choose any colored crystal to make the lighsaber.i guess red is popular with the sith for reasons similar blue and green are top choices of jedi.i wanna know if we are going to see some lightsaber duels in the star wars t.v. show ???

Captain REX
No one knows anything about the TV show. But if it is going to be about the Clone Wars or the end of the Purge, most likely there will be.

Darth_Rankkor
I just found this while searching on google.
h**p://**w.starwarsdotcom.com/star_wars/lightsabers/colors.html
But what I dont get is it says that Count Douku has Blue/Green. Was his not Red???

He WAS a jedi before and, actually there's something inacurate about Sing. She has several light sabers but the one she uses in "Outlander" is orange I think.

FistoFan
Actually, ob-wan geynobi, Yarael Poof's lightsaber was blue, Depa Billaba's was green, and Jocasta Nu's was green.
My source:
http://www.thelightsaber.com/IndexFolder/index2.htm
Will somebody tell me how to post images. Every time I right click an image, then I right click my message, and it won't let me paste.

DarkC
They reflect on their maker's pseronalities.

Morridini
Originally posted by Wickerman
laughing LMAO

I'm all for more colors and all, but i think it'd kill some of the original beauty of SW. But MAAAAAN i'd LOVE to see a pink lightsaber....that'd be so pimpin' eek!

~wickerman~

There already is a Pink saber. Just watch Vaders saber in the DVD.

Captain REX
Or watch the Pink 5 fan films. stick out tongue

Jetton
Do any of you guys even know how the colors relate to the Jedi....?

((The_Anomaly))
they dont relate at all.

its personal prefrence.

Jetton
Jedi picked there saber color on what the focus on in the Force...
I would explain what I mean but I am busy right now

Captain REX
I know what you mean, but I don't prefer that answer. It's just personal preference, as far as I'm concerned.

FistoFan
Yarael Poof's saber:
(imghttp://http://www.thelightsaber.com/HistorySabers/SmallPics/YarelPoofSM.jpg(/img)

FistoFan
Wait, that was supposed to be an image!

Captain REX
Originally posted by FistoFan
Yarael Poof's saber:
(imghttp://http://www.thelightsaber.com/HistorySabers/SmallPics/YarelPoofSM.jpg(/img)

thelink and the last tag.

Don't bring this one off topic too with your inability to post pictures.

bilb
Originally posted by Captain REX
I know what you mean, but I don't prefer that answer. It's just personal preference, as far as I'm concerned.

yes

FistoFan
Yarael Poof's saber:

FistoFan
I mean:
http://www.thelightsaber.com/HistorySabers/SmallPics/YarelPoofSM.jpg

FistoFan
That's how I know his is blue. The circle around the handle tells what color it is.
This is Depa's. She had a red one, then a green one.
http://www.thelightsaber.com/HistorySabers/SmallPics/DepaBillabaSM.jpg

FistoFan
This is her green one.
http://www.thelightsaber.com/HistorySabers/SmallPics/DepaBillabaGRSM.jpg
It's the same one. She probably just changed the crystal.

FistoFan
And this is Jocasta's:
http://www.thelightsaber.com/HistorySabers/SmallPics/JNSM.jpg

FistoFan
Thank you, Captain REX!

FistoFan
And bilb.

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by SithSpy
He made an exception per samuel L.'s request to have a purple saber

and that was bullshiet in my opinion....
and to answer the question because all those other colors would be crap.

bilb
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess

yes

FistoFan
And Mace Windu also had a blue lightsaber.
http://images.darkhorse.com/covers/med/s/swjc1.jpg

Captain REX
We know. We've all visited thelightsaber.com I'm sure.

.:Space Opera:.

if you watch the webdocs from ep.2 it has a scene where lucas was talking to sam about his saber color and sam asks if he could have purple, then lucas aid that he'd think about it or something, it WAS at the request of sam because he wanted to stick out amongst the other nameless jedi

garrison
WHAT UP

garrison
My favorite lightsaber's are green,red,yellow,blue,black,white,purple

thats...nice

garrison
any one there

garrison
what jedi or sith do you guys or girls like

garrison
hello any one there

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by .messedpace Opera:.
it WAS at the request of sam because he wanted to stick out amongst the other nameless jedi

and that was the part that was crap...he should have just taken what he was given and shut up

garrison
did you say that to me Jedi Priestess

garrison
because if you did you shut up

garrison
any body there?

garrison
see you later bitches

Jedi Priestess
A. Use the damn edit button isntead of posting 30 times in a row.
B. Look who I quoted. Doesnt look like your name in there does it?

what was he originaly supposed to have? blue?

garrison please dont jump in with random comments.

garrison
What *****

bilb
WTF happened here? sheesh

Jedi Priestess
Im not sure but I have never been a fan of him getting a purple saber cause he wanted a different one. Seemed arrogant to me.

...stupid kid.

garrison
How wrote that.

Jedi Priestess
Hmmm lets see if we can find ourselves a mod and divest ourself of this abuse.

garrison
asssssssssssssss

well you know sammy j, he always has to stick out, although i would hhave like to see more lightsaber colors then the originals, it would have made it a little bit more fun.

garrison
****ers

Jedi Priestess
IGNORED and REPORTED Have a happy day smile

bilb
Originally posted by bilb
yes

just to get back on topic blink

i dont really mind that sam had a purple saber, never bothered me, i thought it was kinda cool actually.. but all the other colors are crap (orange, yellow, BLACK ffs) THATS what i cant stand

i dont know, ithink that orange on a sith looks cool or silver for a jedi

Jedi Priestess
How does one have a silver light saber?

bilb
How does one have a silver light saber?

they dont

stick out tongue

well in kotor. i thought it was a very good idea even though i usually hate all EU stuff.

Bespin Bart
Originally posted by bilb
yellow

cry

whats wrong?

Captain REX
I don't mind purple or yellow or orange or any other color. But blacklight, black, and gold and white and brown and silver? Blacklight is dark purple, but the other two... *kills EU*

FistoFan
Corran Horn had a silver lightsaber. It says that on www.starwars.com/databank/character/corranhorn/index.html

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.