Halo 2 (Live)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FeceMan
How the HELL is one supposed to get good at this? I played a lot with my friend last night...my kill count usually was under 10. On a team of four, playing to 50 points, I often got around 6-7. When playing Team King of the Hill, I got two--yes, TWO--seconds out of two minutes.

How do they do it? Here's how it goes for me:

Spawn. Die. Spawn. Die. Spawn. Die. Spawn. Kill. Die. Spawn. Kill him and die at the same time. Spawn. Die. Spawn. Die...

Until the game is over.

HOW DO THEY DO IT?!

Zen2nd
Just don't rush, sometimes its best not to attack somebody when you see them. Halo 2 is more about getting to powerful weapons like the sniper and sword but keeping them is harder. Some people also have their sight reaction up to the full so you can look behind you alot faster. Oh yeah eat lots of sweets to get your reaction time up.

SaTsuJiN
that sorta depends.. you should play with people of equal skill level until you get used to the controls, the map, and the game rules (and even how to bend the rules). Then you fight people of higher skill level.... else basically its a spawn > die > spawn > die fest

also, if that part isnt the problem.. you just gotta keep playing.
you get better regardless if you notice it

hotsauce6548
Yeah, that is true.

Were you playing ranked games? Once you play about ten ranked games for your first time, you'll get a pretty accurate rank (unless you are better than that.) Then, after you get your pretty accurate rank, all you have to focus on is getting better! big grin

FeceMan
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
Yeah, that is true.

Were you playing ranked games? Once you play about ten ranked games for your first time, you'll get a pretty accurate rank (unless you are better than that.) Then, after you get your pretty accurate rank, all you have to focus on is getting better! big grin
Actually, I was playing Team Training. I currently don't have Live, but my friend does (it's so addictive; my parents would freak out on how much time I would spend on it, lol).

Hit_and_Miss
Its about evolving your game. How do you play? do you know what the enemy is doing? do you understand the kinda enemy your playing (snipers, sword whores,rockets?) also knowing the maps inside out helps a treat. there are more then one way to all locations taking the primary one is where u will more then likely get killed. people are predictable things, try to break the norm in your tactics

Arbiter
Originally posted by FeceMan
How the HELL is one supposed to get good at this? I played a lot with my friend last night...my kill count usually was under 10. On a team of four, playing to 50 points, I often got around 6-7. When playing Team King of the Hill, I got two--yes, TWO--seconds out of two minutes.

Spawn. Die. Spawn. Die. Spawn. Die. Spawn. Kill. Die. Spawn. Kill him and die at the same time. Spawn. Die. Spawn. Die...

Until the game is over.

HOW DO THEY DO IT?!
Halo 2 isn't about running into battles whenever you can. You need good weapons and to think if any other opponents will be waiting for you while your about to kill someone.

SaTsuJiN
well... you do need a few crazy people to break the morale of the other team... you know, those crazies who run into to the other team and melee them and take out like 3 people before they get naded or something

G U I T A R
Double magnums = Headshots

Superboy Prime
Don't expect to get good at this game in just one night. I've been playing this game for 2 years with a team of friends, and I have yet to become a master. Sure I know pretty everything there is to know and can kill anyone in almost any situation, but there are always new things to learn. Thing with Live is that the game is always evolving because you're always playing different people. I'm curious as to what other people's levels are. Currently I am a Legit lvl 32, and the highest legit level I got to was 36, but that was when I was a hardcore Halo 2 player.

Want to improve? Start using the Battle Rifle. You can also lower your sensitivity when you're using Snipers because it makes aiming slower and thus easier. Personally I use the 10 sensibility, because I'm used to playing MLG and often check my back. Although with a coordinated team with good communication there's almost no need to watch your back, team mates will do that for ya.

General G
Originally posted by FeceMan

Until the game is over.

HOW DO THEY DO IT?!

You know? I wonder the exact same thing, and you just pretty much explained each and every Halo 2 online match I have ever had, I try to play it more to get better, but I still get so little kills and so many deaths...

Blaxican
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Don't expect to get good at this game in just one night. I've been playing this game for 2 years with a team of friends, and I have yet to become a master. Sure I know pretty everything there is to know and can kill anyone in almost any situation, but there are always new things to learn. Thing with Live is that the game is always evolving because you're always playing different people. I'm curious as to what other people's levels are. Currently I am a Legit lvl 32, and the highest legit level I got to was 36, but that was when I was a hardcore Halo 2 player.

Want to improve? Start using the Battle Rifle. You can also lower your sensitivity when you're using Snipers because it makes aiming slower and thus easier. Personally I use the 10 sensibility, because I'm used to playing MLG and often check my back. Although with a coordinated team with good communication there's almost no need to watch your back, team mates will do that for ya.

Really? I've been playing for eight months and kick all sorts of ass, thuhg I haven't played in awhile.

Superboy Prime
Eight Months > playing for one night.

Which is what I said. He shouldn't expect to get good at Halo 2 with just 2 or 3 sitdowns with the game.

So what level are you?

G U I T A R
I guess ima fast learner because ive only been playing a week and im already a lvl 15 kickin lvl 30's asses

Superboy Prime
There are a lot of people that level up by using standby, soft modding, bridging and they even go as far as boosting by getting 2 parties of similar levels and entering matchmaking under the same list at the same time, and thus attempt to get to play each other.

So..if you're 15 how exactly are you kicking lvl 30's asses? Custom games and non-ranked games? People do tend to **** around in non-ranked games, specially in Halo. Anyways none of my business.

PS - I miss Clanmatch.

Stalker 360
your rank dose not determine how good your are. im a level 22 but i play with the best in the UK in custom games alot. sure i get beat in the end but im somewere in the top 5-6. halo levels cant eb taking serious anymore due to alll the cheating thats involed.

as for you getting better. if you can play tonight im sure me and mybe superboy would give you a few hints and tips

Superboy Prime
I agree rank does not determine who you are, but it does give you a general idea.

Ranks were a good idea, but then punks had to cheat their way to Halo levels.

*Remembers the first time he saw 2 modders duking it out*

My party and I felt as if we were helpless civilians watching 2 Super Saiya-Jins duking it out rofl.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Stalker 360
your rank dose not determine how good your are. im a level 22 but i play with the best in the UK in custom games alot. sure i get beat in the end but im somewere in the top 5-6. halo levels cant eb taking serious anymore due to alll the cheating thats involed.

as for you getting better. if you can play tonight im sure me and mybe superboy would give you a few hints and tips

Sure. I'd be more than willing to give tips etc. But the best tip I can give is just to keep playing people who play like you.

Stalker 360
i know ecaxtly the feeling. (STORY TIME)

it was warlock. i spawned at red flag . the sunlight flooded into the room from cracks in the brick work oveer head. a echo filled the filled the structure "SLAYER". i leaped with grace across a gap to grab the battle rifle. i tapped X, span round and at that moment 15 or so rockets flew from a smg. i was dumb stuck by them not having time to move i ducked all but one missed sending my body spinning to the floor below.

beep. beep, beeeep

i spawned looking round i noticed something the size of my foot. focusing on it i could tell it was an elite.he stood there looking at me before sprinting off 10x faster than any elite id ever seen. i continued to look around ahh the elite who killed me last time was stood on blue BR spawn with his SMG i seen him run and jump onto camo spawn and at this moment so the small elite. and then there was war. two elites jumping around sticking, punching, and rocketinng each other for what seemed like a eternity. all the fighting stopped apart from the two elite . i was stood next to a blue team spartan. we waited until there was around a 50 secs left and then out of nowere the large elite took out a brute shot leaped backward s of the camo structure and shot a wraith motar engulfed the structure an on my visor JOSHMODS2KICKASS was killed by ....... apperead. me and the blue spartan looked and each otherr. turned and ran away.

Black Dalek
I use pistol and headshot em all. Owned.

Stalker 360
i truly doubt that.

tridnt
i play online a few time like only at me m8s house tho .... pretty addictive.

me+lockout+swat= Ownage son

General G
I did surprisingly well at that when I first started playing, I beat my friend who has been playing since it came out, most likely a fluke stick out tongue

Superboy Prime
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2qBeBVWeaIA

embarrasment

Wow.

Why don't we start a Halo 2 KMC tournament? KMC members playing against each other in head to head, Free for All, Double Team & Team Slayer/Skirmish?

General G
I would get owned pretty badly...

Superboy Prime
Then you'll get back at them in a Gears tourny!

Superboy Prime
I just managed to check out the new bungie.net and wow...

I have played 6198 games since my debut...

WTF

No wonder I stopped playing for a while...

<_<...

>_>....

*Halo junkie*

Cloud_VII
BUNGIE!!!

Superboy Prime

Superboy Prime
BUMP

Skeets
I don't think I can ever play this game again.
It just doesn't do it for me anymore.

General G
Then you'll get back at them in a Gears tourny!

This is true evil face

chithappens
I stopped playing because way too many people cheat, even in ranked games. I'm just not willing to put up with that shit all the time. Then the BR "never have to reload" trick, soft mods (like snipe cursor shooting automatically when an opponent is in it; damage mods, ugh), super jumping and so forth.

It's fun when legit but when it's gay, it's really gay.

Oh and as far as helping the guy out, play a lot of Slayer Pro. You need to be able to feel confident walking around without relying on the radar and it's important to feel confident with headshots. Learn how to throw good grenades (off of walls to a certain trajectory for example), and listen to how long it takes to shoot an SMG before you can kill them with a beat. It's text book.

R8#@NG!G@
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2qBeBVWeaIA

embarrasment

Wow.

Why don't we start a Halo 2 KMC tournament? KMC members playing against each other in head to head, Free for All, Double Team & Team Slayer/Skirmish?
holy crap that guy would own me so bad,

oh btw btb skirmish is the best optimatch in halo 2

Superboy Prime
My favorite is Team Hardcore because it's the closest to MLG, but I agree, BTB Skirmish is great.

chithappens
Originally posted by R8#@NG!G@
holy crap that guy would own me so bad,

oh btw btb skirmish is the best optimatch in halo 2

He had all the damn weapons. He better be kicking ass

Superboy Prime
Yeah.

G U I T A R
sniper

R8#@NG!G@
tank i own in the scorpian,

G U I T A R
Not me..o.0

R8#@NG!G@

Superboy Prime
Not another mother ****ing stat reset.

R8#@NG!G@

General G
Sorry to stray away from your conversations people, but I have heard multiple times about in multilpayer "Elite disadvantage", why does the Elite have a disadvantage and what is it? I always play as the Elite...

Superboy Prime
The disadvantage is just the fact that the elite's head is located in it's torso, and thus it is much easier to head shot them with a sniper rifle, or better yet land the 4th headshot with a BR. However this is all equalized when the elite has it's back facing you, which makes getting a headshot a pain in the ass. Hmm in some instances the Spartan has a longer range with the Energy Sword than the elite, but that range is pretty much insignificant.

General G
Alright, would it be worth switching to a Spartan?

chithappens
umm, quick question. If someone has a regular Xbox, how would they pay for the new maps?

Burnt Pancakes
GG, if your gameplay is fine, then dont bother.

General G
Alright, I will stick with the Elite then, I like the look better anyways.

Vinny Valentine
Halo 2 Online is easy.

Maynard, Gonzo and I are usually winning all our games.

Superboy Prime
I think they can DL it the same as the old maps, since it won't be on the Xbox 360 Live marketplace. They commented on it in a past weekly update in Bungie.net.

As someone said earlier if your game is good there is really no need to change the skin.

Halo 2 multiplayer is ok. Been playing for far too long so I can't really gauge the difficulty for new comers nowadays.

The new stat-reset, though annoying, will make the battlefield more even and will get rid of fake high levels.

All in all, bring it on Vinny. What's your GT?

R8#@NG!G@
I think they can DL it the same as the old maps, since it won't be on the Xbox 360 Live marketplace. They commented on it in a past weekly update in Bungie.net.

As someone said earlier if your game is good there is really no need to change the skin.

Halo 2 multiplayer is ok. Been playing for far too long so I can't really gauge the difficulty for new comers nowadays.

The new stat-reset, though annoying, will make the battlefield more even and will get rid of fake high levels.

All in all, bring it on Vinny. What's your GT?
fake high levels, what do u mean

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by R8#@NG!G@
fake high levels, what do u mean

Those players that reached high levels by doing one, or all of the following cheats:

1. boosting
2. standbying
3. modding
4. bridging

R8#@NG!G@
does anyone cheat here, and would you report someone if you saw them cheating (like just a random person you a versing, not ur friends)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.