Magneto vs. non-omnipotents

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nngo2k
Forgive me if my sources are incorrect.

Magneto vs. any non-omnipotent (e.g. Gods and God-like characters)

Is Magneto virtually unstoppable or at least equal to the strongest PSI's on Earth?

First assumption that I am going to make is that Magneto is at his full potential: Full control over magnetism! If you think about it from a physics point of view, he should be able to create lighting. All he has to do is to cause a lot of electrons to jump around.

If you think about humanoid physiology, the synapses are powered by electricity. So in that sense, he can make anyone brain dead. He put Bishop to sleep in AoA, I am sure he could've killed him.

So with this technique, wouldn't he be able to kill the Hulk?

So I think he's at least at as strong as any PSI's on Earth.

Why Magneto hasn't exhibited this strength is beyond me.

leonheartmm
he is not as powerful as psis like nate, cable, jean xavier, hyperstorm etc. n i think the word u are lookin for is NON COSMICS, cause ther are plenty of uber powerful non omnipotents, hell even the abstracts arent truly omnipotent.

nngo2k
So he can't attack Nate by messing up his synapses or brain activity?

Crimson Phoenix
Magneto is extremely powerful, but i wouldnt say he was unstopable. For one thing, his daughter is more than enough to stop him.

Xplosive
Xavier, Jean, Nate... they are all more pwoerful PSI.

nngo2k
Scarlet Witch? Other than manipulating probability, how can she beat him? Sorry I am unclear about the extent of her powers.

Thanks for the clarification! I take it back that Magneto is equal to powerful PSIs.

Lord S
Originally posted by nngo2k
Magneto vs. any non-omnipotent (e.g. Gods and God-like characters) Against Gods and God-like characters, huh?

You do realize Magneto is WAY out of his league against beings like that, right? Ie. Thanos is considered a demi-god, and in a fight Magneto would be a grease spot by the time the Titan got his second wind.

Squrriell
Magneto in my repect has the enough PSI and other potentail attacks to sweep and counter attck most opponents its when hes outnumber , the majority of the time he gets beat!

nngo2k
dude you misunderstand me

"Magneto vs. any non-omnipotent (e.g. Gods and God-like characters)"

what i meant was against NON-"Gods and God-like characters" ... that's the def'n of omnipotent

Lord S
Then you clearly don't know the definition of 'omnipotent'...like someone else mentioned, you should have said 'non-cosmics', not 'non-omnipotents', cause the latter applies to virtually every character in the MU. Gods and God-like characters included.

nngo2k

EvilCap America
Guys that can beat Magneto

IN DC

Superman
Captain Marvel
Any Flash
The majority of Green Lanterns
Dr.Fate
Correctly written Darksied
A host of others

In Marvel

Thor
An Angry enough Hulk
Dr.Doom
Thanos
Iron Man with a little prep
Somehow Wolverine every other week when Marvel wants a ratings boost
A host of others

manjaro
in unccany xmen 110 or 11 i think. Magneto ripped two guys apart at the seams by splitting thier atoms(no not thier blood, thier atomic structure) and the caption read" with just a furrow of his brow magneto rips apart his would be assailants" so im thinking since he just did that with a furrow what do you think he could do if he really concentrated?

also in the prologue issue. 390-something i believe. he tried to rip apart that super invulnerable guy, but it didnt work so he sent him off into space. in fact b4 he even finsinshed his own sentence dude was suffocating in the upper atmosphere...Northstar had to go get him. so that would be a bummer for anyone who cant breathe in space no matter how invulnerable they are*cough* hulk*cough*

stormfront13
storm came very close to beating him in x-men # 150 i think it was, she was suffocating him

hoorayforpeepee
oh blah. magneto two upgrades ago was throwing up shields that were blocking thor.

nowadays, you need at least a herald to take down a fightin mags.

Lord S

Superherovandal
he cannot take Dr. Fate or Darkseid or Captain Marvel . a small maybe to Supes and Flash.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.