Can people really be good or bad?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RedAlertv2
Now it seems that a lot of religious poeple think that every person can be classified in one of two categories: 1) Church-going, well-mannered, and perfect, going to heaven, or 2) Evil. Going to hell

Can poeple really be judged in such a one-dimensional way. Arent there poeple out there who are religious, yet lead bad lives? Cant people be a little of both?

debbiejo
Every minute of every day a person can lean from good to bad...Hopefully a person would chose to lean towards the good which is what Jesus said by "the Kingdom of God is Within you." I don't believe there is a hell. It is a state of living now, and what you're causing for the next guy. I don't believe you will be judged, but will be fully aware of all the ripples of your actions.

cking
all men will be judged. their are two judgements the great white thrown judgement and the saint judgement that takes place after the rapture in revelations. the great white throne judgement is the judgement of the nonbelievers and god will ask you questions and you are commanded to answer them and everyone will be accountable of their actions. I read a book about this and God will ask you why didn't you accept my son Jesus and people will have to answer that but it will be too late for repentance of these people and so they are on there way into the bottomless pit. The other judgement is of the saints. this is not the heaven or hell judgement but the judgement of how much faith people have in jesus. God will have a review over the born again person's life over the years while he was a Christian not during the years he wasn't. He will ask what did you do with my son jesus while you were still alive. He will ask questions on why your faith was weak in this situation and the other. some of the good things the person has done on earth will be given rewards from heaven that are so much that you wouldn't be able to hold them and if that person's faith was weak in a situation where it shouldn't they could lose rewards from heaven. all of this is in revelations,

debbiejo
Originally posted by cking
I read a book about this ,

Did you buy it from "The Right Arm of Babylon" store? Because their stuff is slanted..

cking
no

cking
I forgot which one but I have several books on all different kinds of Christian material

debbiejo
Right Arm of Babylon = Christian Book store...

cking
Babylon is the new age religion of blending all the religions and maybe Christian denominations if they don't stick with the word and not man made rules. this is mentioned in revelations as well. it was also a kingdom during Daniel's time with Nebuchadnezzar.

debbiejo
No....That's what I call the "Christian Book Store". Babylon keeps all its books there...

cking
if you read revelations it mentions an Antichrist leader and his false prophet and his new religion called the new age religion which the slogan is "all is god and we are god." that is a slogan used by Satan to deceive people from following god. Buddhist and Hinduism are in this this same category. in the book of Daniel and revelations it mentions both Nebuchadnezzar and the Antichrist leader commanding the people to bow down and worship him and his image of a statue and the false prophet will make it talk and if no one will bow down and worship it they must be killed so Daniel and his friends were thrown in the furnace and the lions den and the same will happen to the late Christians when they will be slaughtered during tribulation. The false prophet will perform miracles and will deceive millions of people to join the satanic religion. one of them is fire from heaven and people will be amazed and they will declare that who will be able to make war with him with that much power. people in the gospels wanted Jesus to perform a sign and Herod wanted this also but the only sign that the people will get is the sign of Jonah. this means that these hard hearted people only wanted nothing more than a miracle to please their desires. Jesus knew this people's hearts and it wasn't in the right place.

PrinceofBlades
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
Now it seems that a lot of religious poeple think that every person can be classified in one of two categories: 1) Church-going, well-mannered, and perfect, going to heaven, or 2) Evil. Going to hell

Can poeple really be judged in such a one-dimensional way. Arent there poeple out there who are religious, yet lead bad lives? Cant people be a little of both?

Yes...

RedAlertv2
So is it right to say "you belong in Hell" or "You are going to heaven"

cking
no it isn't god will determine that based on a person's decision to accept him or not.

cking
no one has the right to judge anyone except god and even Jesus said this.

finti
maybe in time christian will learn this, after all it is the words of their god so why they dont live by it makes one wonder

cking
people are born between. they are born with a choice. but we are born with sinful desires that can lead to evil if we don't do anything about it.

finti
well the christians sure are good at the judging part though

mr.smiley
Originally posted by cking
if you read revelations it mentions an Antichrist leader and his false prophet and his new religion called the new age religion which the slogan is "all is god and we are god." that is a slogan used by Satan to deceive people from following god. Buddhist and Hinduism are in this this same category. in the book of Daniel and revelations it mentions both Nebuchadnezzar and the Antichrist leader commanding the people to bow down and worship him and his image of a statue and the false prophet will make it talk and if no one will bow down and worship it they must be killed so Daniel and his friends were thrown in the furnace and the lions den and the same will happen to the late Christians when they will be slaughtered during tribulation. The false prophet will perform miracles and will deceive millions of people to join the satanic religion. one of them is fire from heaven and people will be amazed and they will declare that who will be able to make war with him with that much power. people in the gospels wanted Jesus to perform a sign and Herod wanted this also but the only sign that the people will get is the sign of Jonah. this means that these hard hearted people only wanted nothing more than a miracle to please their desires. Jesus knew this people's hearts and it wasn't in the right place.

You can say what you want,but I agree with Buddhism a lot more than chrisianity.The Buddha himself declared that all Gods where jealous and sought out worship.He also tought all Gods die,due in part to their jealousy.I also in some ways agree with Buddhism on good and evil.No one person is good or evil.Their are only good and bad actions.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.