Terminator 2 Trivia lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TMACalicious
wink Just some trivia I found on IMDB about T2. Some of these are pretty funny and outrageous (esp. Arnie's salary!!!):

- Given Arnold Schwarzenegger's $15 million salary and his total of 700 words of dialog, that translates to $21,429 per word.
ie: "Hasta la vista, baby" cost $85,716!!!

- Most of Edward Furlong's voice had to be re-dubbed by Furlong again in post-production because it changed during shooting. His young voice is left intact only in the scene where he and T800 are talking about why people cry, because James Cameron wanted it to sound dramatic and thought it was better if left intact.

- Production took sufficiently long that Edward Furlong visibly aged during the shoot - he is clearly much younger in the desert, for instance, than in other scenes. His voice began to break and had to be pitched to one level in post-production.

- Linda Hamilton's twin sister, Leslie Hamilton Gearren was used as a double in scenes involving two "Sarah Connors" (i.e., when the T1000 was imitating her), and in a scene not in the theatrical release (but on the DVD) as a mirror image of Linda.

- The sound used for Arnold Schwarzenegger's shotgun is actually two cannons! lol eek!

- The effect of the T-1000 freezing and breaking up was achieved through prosthetics attached to an amputee and with Robert Patrick's real limbs buried underneath the set.

- The "forced medication" scene (Special Edition only) had to be re-shot several times because actor Ken Gibbel wouldn't hit Linda Hamilton properly with his nightstick. The scene was very physically demanding and Hamilton was furious with Gibbel because he repeatedly botched it. She got her revenge in a later scene where she beats Gibbel with a broken off broom handle - the blows are for real. eek!

- The Minigun used in the Cyberdyne scene was so heavy that Arnold Schwarzenegger was in fact the only person on stage that could carry the gun. smokin'

- Robert Patrick mimicked the head movements of the American bald eagle for his role as T-1000.

There's heaps more at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103064/trivia but i found the ones above were the ones that caught my eye.

TheFilmProphet
I don't know if it is already listed up at IMDB (too lazy to read through the whole thing). Anyway, the sound of the endo-skeleton Terminator crushing the skull at the opening sequences of T2 were actually done by using the sounds of a dog biting down on a dog biscuit.

vvvrulz
The tubby security guard guy who got imitated by the T-1000 also used his twin brother as the double I believe...

Some great stuff up there TMac !

TMACalicious
Cheers, vvvrulz! borg

Konjammenson
I had no idea those nightstic blows were for real. The initial blow to the face, wow, just wow.

TMACalicious
yeah, it does sound pretty intense lol

must hurt SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much to be cracked on the nose with a nightstick! OUCH!!!!!

chriscaffee
Two of those are a bit erroneous. The shotgun sound effect is composed of two cannons, a rifle and a pistol.

Arnold was not the only one who could lift and fire the minigun. Quite the opposite in fact:

The M134 weighs about 35 pounds. If no one else on the team could lift it, that would be a sad state of affairs. It was also firing blanks so it would have negligible recoil. The same minigun was used by Jesse Ventura in Predator (which slight modification in how it was held). Also in the T2 Extreme DVD, you can see James Cameron shooting it effortlessly from the hip.

TMACalicious
lol cheers for the corrections chriscaffee!

just goes to show you how "reliable" internet sources can be, even from such a well-known site such as IMDB! tsk tsk

cheers! borg

chriscaffee
It should be noted that if the minigun were firing live ammunition, not even Arnold could have held it.

alic88
Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
I don't know if it is already listed up at IMDB (too lazy to read through the whole thing). Anyway, the sound of the endo-skeleton Terminator crushing the skull at the opening sequences of T2 were actually done by using the sounds of a dog biting down on a dog biscuit.

this 1 tops it for me!

TMACalicious
lol

I've just realised i haven't posted here in AGES! Sorry peeps!

vvvrulz
lol Not good enough son.

Nyria
lol not good enough son

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.