Genis(CM) vs GL (Hal)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kgkg
who whoud take this

Captain Marvel ( marvel) or Hal Jordan ( gl)

jrodslam
Lol. I knew this was coming.

I have a couple of questions about Mar-Vel though.

1. Last I remember, he didnt have matter manipulation. Does he now?

2. Blasts? If so, how powerful?

3. Can he manipulate energy like Quasar, GL, SS?

Sentry
Originally posted by jrodslam
Lol. I knew this was coming.

I have a couple of questions about Mar-Vel though.

1. Last I remember, he didnt have matter manipulation. Does he now?

2. Blasts? If so, how powerful?

3. Can he manipulate energy like Quasar, GL, SS?

1. He doesn't manipulate matter like SS.

2. Blasts? Powerful enough to hurt Thanos and Drax. Strong enough to kill Sturm one of the Asgardian giants that served Surtur with a single shot. I think it was Sturm... Could have been Drang. Powerful enough to level the home world of the Badoon, and their armada. Entropy ask Mar-Vell for some of his energy to help recreate the Universe. Powerful indeed.

3. He is the master energy manipulator. He manipulates all kinds of energy. Whether it be cosmic, solar, ionic, electromagnetic, etc... He's like an energy sponge. Kinda like Bishop only quite a bit stronger, and can absorb energy or trace elements of energy from his surroundings. EX: Suns, Planets Biospheres, Cosmic Energy, Etc... Dr. Strange even theorized he could possibly absorb ambient magical energy similar to Talisman's powers and redirect them but I didn't see any of that.. He also manipulates light, and creates illusions of himself to fool his enemies. He can also endow people with portions of his power like he did to Coven when he was going through that rough time of controlling his cosmic awareness.

kgkg
nobody?

GODSCRIBE
Genis-Vell outclasses Hal.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by GODSCRIBE
Genis-Vell outclasses Hal.
no he doesn't I say 5/5

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by thesilverspider
no he doesn't I say 5/5

true, Genis wins 5/5

thesilverspider
true, Genis wins 5/5
no,more like 5/5 split for both Genis is great and all but nothing Hal can't and hasn't already handled before.

GODSCRIBE
Likewise...Hal is nothing Genis can't and hasnt handled.

but Genis is just generally superior. He wins the majority.

thesilverspider
Likewise...Hal is nothing Genis can't and hasnt handled.

but Genis is just generally superior. He wins the majority.
Actually Genis has never been in a fight with someone as versatile as a green lantern now has he.
What makes Genis superior give me an example please........ smile

GODSCRIBE
What makes Genis superior give me an example please........ smile

How about destroying all of existence?

thesilverspider
How about destroying all of existence?
Didn't that happen off panel?Plus Green Lanterns have prevented Blast that would of wiped out all existence.......... wink

GODSCRIBE
Genis can exist at all times, he'd simply cause a universal stasis and break Hal's neck, or manipulate the space around him..contorting his body at will. Or just go back in time and rip him untimely from his mother's womb.

Genis is too badass from a GL.

thesilverspider
Genis can exist at all times, he'd simply cause a universal stasis and break Hal's neck, or manipulate the space around him..contorting his body at will. Or just go back in time and rip him untimely from his mother's womb.

Genis is too badass from a GL.
He never used those powers in battle.......... sad

GODSCRIBE
He never used those powers in battle.......... sad

Actually merging realities of his past, present and future self pretty much makes all that possible. sad

GODSCRIBE
And actually has has manipulated the space around him on panel =-(

Juntai
The time travel defeat is not really an option against a character who's spend most of his post-crisis years doing it. Attempting to do so would probably contract the wrath of Parallax/Hal or Spectre/Hal wink

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by Juntai
The time travel defeat is not really an option against a character who's spend most of his post-crisis years doing it. Attempting to do so would probably contract the wrath of Parallax/Hal or Spectre/Hal wink

Bring the wrath on rock

Juntai
Bring the wrath on rock lol. Spectre fan?

thesilverspider
And actually has has manipulated the space around him on panel =-(
I know I have the book but he was doing that with out even knowing plus he had no control over it hence getting taken out by joystick I believe.So no he didn't do non of that in a battle........

GODSCRIBE
lol. Spectre fan?

Spectre is the wrath of God-Scribe.

Juntai
Genis is a badass for real.
Anyone have the issues in a pc format?

thesilverspider
Genis is a badass for real.
Anyone have the issues in a pc format?
You don't wanna see issue 100............ sad

Validus
You don't wanna see issue 100............ sad
*sigh*

I think Genis would take Hal more often than not thanks to his energy shunting powers. Hal would have to get real creative to topple him.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Validus
*sigh*

I think Genis would take Hal more often than not thanks to his energy shunting powers. Hal would have to get real creative to topple him.
So if it was kyle he would be able to pull it off then
he is the creative one.

snoopdogg
Who has the most impressive feats? I know Genis is powerful but I do not read books with him in them.

So I don't know who would win. But Hal Jordan is one of the top heroes in Marvel and DC.

Horrificus
I think Genis kills Hal. Then, they wake up, realize they are in one of those cheap dream sequences that terrible writers use, and that it was a really stupid idea to make yet another Marvel character sopowerful that they can destroy all of existence if he feels like it. So, Hal dresses him up in some green construct lady panties, and then disintegrates him.

leonheartmm
genis.

leonidas
Originally posted by Horrificus
I think Genis kills Hal. Then, they wake up, realize they are in one of those cheap dream sequences that terrible writers use, and that it was a really stupid idea to make yet another Marvel character sopowerful that they can destroy all of existence if he feels like it. So, Hal dresses him up in some green construct lady panties, and then disintegrates him.

hey, we finally agree on something! maybe not the green dress thing . . . but hey, it is st patty's day! wink

Horrificus
Originally posted by leonidas
hey, we finally agree on something! maybe not the green dress thing . . . but hey, it is st patty's day! wink

Yeah, the green outfit was a little over the top. But, as long as everybody gets my drift!

Is there any character in Marvel that CAN'T destroy the universe?

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by Horrificus
Yeah, the green outfit was a little over the top. But, as long as everybody gets my drift!

Is there any character in Marvel that CAN'T destroy the universe?

Frank...err...Scar..uhh....Jean..umm..

this is harder than I thought.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.