Captain Marvel (Shazam!) vs Captain Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shaolin9976
Let's settle this! Who deserves the name more?

Sentry
Genis Vell wins.

black robb
Yeah,Penis Vell wins

Fanboy
SHAZAM Captain Marvel the Dc hero wins. SHAZAM.

kgkg
CM (marvel wins with ease)

jrodslam
CM (Shazam) wins.

kgkg
Originally posted by jrodslam
CM (Shazam) wins. how?

jrodslam
Vell has no attack that could physically harm CM. Vell has the speed advantage, but thats about it.

Billy had the experience, and strength advantage. Probably durability advantage as well. Not 100% not that one.

If these 2 fight, i will have to come down to punchs, and Mar-Vell cant win that way.

Unless you can think of something else?

kgkg
Vell has no attack that could physically harm CM. Vell has the speed advantage, but thats about it.

Billy had the experience, and strength advantage. Probably durability advantage as well. Not 100% not that one.

If these 2 fight, i will have to come down to punchs, and Mar-Vell cant win that way.

Unless you can think of something else?
Vell is stonger , nore durable , and much faster than billy.

He goes down

punch for punch Mar-vell will beat him to death.

he is at WW level

Mar-vell is a cosmic level who fighs guys like Thanos , king Thor

snoopdogg
Captain Marvels stats from my Marvel Encyclopedia.

Intelliegence-3.
Strength-4.
Speed-7.
Durability-5.
Energy projection-6.
Fighting skills-3.

Those are from 1-7 with 7 being the highest.

I think CM has the intellilgence, strength, durability, and fighting skills.

Speed and energy projection are very close.

kgkg
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Captain Marvels stats from my Marvel Encyclopedia.

Intelliegence-3.
Strength-4.
Speed-7.
Durability-5.
Energy projection-6.
Fighting skills-3.

I think CM has the intellilgence, strength, durability, and fighting skills.

Speed and energy projection are very close.
stats what does that mean

CM kicked King thor's ass ( a sky father level character)

he was also matching Silver Surfer speed , and doing some serious damage.

CM ( dc) is near SUpes speed no match , and in power WW - NO match

snoopdogg
Originally posted by kgkg

CM ( dc) is near SUpes speed no match , and in power WW - NO match There is the speed argument again laughing

snoopdogg
stats what does that mean

Thats how Marvel rates their characters like it or not they are true and accurate.

Deal with it.

Dizzle
Cuz you said they were equal in speed first... he was proving you wrong. Not only does he never let Supes lose, he never lets anyone remotely like Supes lose! (unless it's to another guy like Supes)

kgkg
Thats how Marvel rates their characters like it or not they are true and accurate.

Deal with it.
laughing ok and comics don't matter laughing

Look at adam warlocks stats it's bad, look at Franklin R stats it's bad

But they kick ass.

jrodslam
Vell is stonger , nore durable , and much faster than billy.

He goes down

punch for punch Mar-vell will beat him to death.

he is at WW level

Vell is certanly not stronger or more durable than CM. I said that the only advantage Vell has over him is the speed. Thats all.

CM is past WW level in strength. CM is Supermans equal in strength. Big difference.

armandovalles
All Shazam has to do is get a hold of CM once. Bearhug him, and say Shazam. The lightning bolt would probly kill CM.

kgkg
Vell is certanly not stronger or more durable than CM. I said that the only advantage Vell has over him is the speed. Thats all.

CM is past WW level in strength. CM is Supermans equal in strength. Big difference.
CM (marvel) is > Superman in all department

Speed, Power, Energy

CM(marvel) has talking guys like Silver Surfer ,he even kicked King Thor's ass

Again CM is past WW strength ? By a bit still won't help him beat CM(marvel) who operates at a cosmic level

snoopdogg
laughing ok and comics don't matter laughing

What do you think they are supposed to guage the comics off of?

snoopdogg

Again CM is past WW strength ? By a bit still won't help him beat CM(marvel) who operates at a cosmic level kgkg Mar-Vel can lift a maximum of 25 tons. laughing Thats not gonna cut it against The real CM. Marvel says so if you dont like it learn to love it.

jrodslam
Originally posted by armandovalles
All Shazam has to do is get a hold of CM once. Bearhug him, and say Shazam. The lightning bolt would probly kill CM.

Or crush him to death.

armandovalles
yea that too.

kgkg
kgkg Mar-Vel can lift a maximum of 25 tons. laughing Thats not gonna cut it against The real CM. Marvel says so if you dont like it learn to love it.
When powered up his power doesn't have any limits

laughing do you even know who mar-vel is?

jrodslam
Again CM is past WW strength ? By a bit still won't help him beat CM(marvel) who operates at a cosmic level

CM(real) is way above WW in strength.

CM(marvel) operates at a cosmic level? Yea with cosmic awareness and blasts. Not strength at all Vell is only class 10-15.

CM(real) is 100+. No comparison.

snoopdogg

laughing do you even know who mar-vel is? And DC overpowers their characters. laughing

Deal with it kgkg the real CM is stronger than the generic one.

Can you show scans of extraordinay strength?

Dizzle
But of course, if a lightning bolt doesn't kill Genis, it turns into Genis vs. Billy really fast.

And btw, King Thor beats the shit out of any Superman type guy h2h. Without trying. Marvel Captain Marvel wins in a slugfest. Or a blasting fest. And Shazam has lost to WW... He beats Superman because of MAGICK!

jrodslam

laughing do you even know who mar-vel is?

When powered up, he gains an extra 5 tons to lift. Not much of a difference.

kgkg
Originally posted by Dizzle
But of course, if a lightning bolt doesn't kill Genis, it turns into Genis vs. Billy really fast.

And btw, King Thor beats the shit out of any Superman type guy h2h. Without trying. Marvel Captain Marvel wins in a slugfest. Or a blasting fest. And Shazam has lost to WW... He beats Superman because of MAGICK!
exactly lol CM(marvel) powers has very few limits

snoopdogg
And Shazam has lost to WW... I heard differently. I heard inconclusive.

Can you prove it?

kgkg
When powered up, he gains an extra 5 tons to lift. Not much of a difference.
Then how do you suppose he can hurt someone like King THor lol

Are you looking at bio again

Dizzle
Yes, marveldirectory.com obviously is the bible of Marvel... They definitely made that BEFORE they wrote the comics, see. And it's constantly updated to fit in every feat, too.

jrodslam
Then how do you suppose he can hurt someone like King THor lol

Are you looking at bio again

How does he hurt someone like King Thor?

Bio's do help also.

kgkg
How does he hurt someone like King Thor?

Bio's do help also.
Bio help but if it defies comics than it has no meanings

snoopdogg
Yes, marveldirectory.com obviously is the bible of Marvel... They definitely made that BEFORE they wrote the comics, see. And it's constantly updated to fit in every feat, too. My encylopedia was published in 2003 laughing

Dizzle
And it's definitely not 2005 now...

snoopdogg
And it's definitely not 2005 now... Genis hasnt done much from 2003-05 now has he wink

kgkg
My encylopedia was published in 2003 laughing
maybe you should read his comics instead

Sentry
Strength is of no use to Genis. He doesn't need it to win. Vell is way faster, and is sort of a super energy sponge. Lightning wouldn't hurt him at all. Lightning is a type of energy and would be absorbed. Only thing is he absorbs all kinds of energy, not just cosmic. Whether it be ionic, electromagnetic, solar, etc... Strange even theorized he could absorb ambient magical energy and redirect it to it's source similar to what Talisman does. Read this comic:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/captainmarvel7.jpg

Look what he does to King Thor and Asgardians like Hogun, Grimm, Storm Giants, Etc... He takes them all on at once. Magical lightning? Sure did Thor a lot of good.

King Thor VS. Captain Marvel = Shazam R.I.P.

Genis Vell VS. King Thor and Asgard Warriors and Storm Giants Sturm and Drang in Asgard = King Thor and Asgardians getting beat down, and Sturm get's killed with a single blast from Genis.

King Thor is more powerful than normal Thor. He has complete access to the odinforce, while he was normal Thor, he had only a portion of it. King Thor is nearly as powerful as Odin or Zeus. King Thor is basically a skyfather.

My point is Shazam's only advantage is strength. Genis has battled opponents with tremendous strength, beings like Thanos, Silver Surfer, King Thor, and Drax The Destroyer.

Shazam has a chance, but not a very good one.

Genis takes it 8 times out of 10. I'm giving Shazam the benefit of the doubt.

Genis wins.

Oh yeah read the comics instead. reading

Happy Dance

Sentry
Happy Dance

jrodslam
I never stated that CM (real) would use lightning. I said that it would come down to punches.

Mar-Vell has the speed advantge but I said that he couldnt move that fast on Earth. Hasnt been confirmed yet.

All im saying is that if it comes to a physical confrentation(which would most likely happen), Mar-Vell would be in trouble.

Sentry you said "King Thor vs Captain Marvel = Shazam R.I.P"

I doubt that. CM is shown holding his own against The Spectre at semi full powered.

King Thor vs Spectre = R.I.P King Thor.

Sentry
Shazam had the Rock Of Eternity did he not? Semi powered Spectre is only that. If Shazam could hold his own against a "semi-powered Spectre", King Thor with the Gungnir and Mjolnir as well as the runes could certainly hold his own against a "semi-powered" Spectre.

Spectre VS. Street Punk = Spectre crying like a baby because he can't do anything about it without permission of the Presence.

jinzin
"Mar-vell is a cosmic level who fighs guys like Thanos , king Thor"

YEAH.....except....taskmaster almost kicked his ass....confused

Sentry
Spectre's a little b!tch without permission from the Presence.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/powerlesspectre.jpg

By the wins!

Genis wins!

Sentry
Originally posted by jinzin
"Mar-vell is a cosmic level who fighs guys like Thanos , king Thor"

YEAH.....except....taskmaster almost kicked his ass....confused

Almost. Similar to Deathstroke almost kicking Wonder Woman's a$$. If I'm not mistaken according to Draco, Wonder Woman has kicked Shazam's a$$ before. Strange isn't it?

jinzin
and he's beaten supes who has in turn beaten ww....aren't comics funny like that?...but unlike deathstroke...taskmaster is for all intents and purposes human...at least deathstroke has superhuman advantages....

jrodslam
Originally posted by Sentry
Shazam had the Rock Of Eternity did he not? Semi powered Spectre is only that. If Shazam could hold his own against a "semi-powered Spectre", King Thor with the Gungnir and Mjolnir as well as the runes could certainly hold his own against a "semi-powered" Spectre.

Spectre VS. Street Punk = Spectre crying like a baby because he can't do anything about it without permission of the Presence.

No Shazam is just fighting Spectre. No rock.

Youre saying it would take King Thor with the Gungnir and Mjolnir as well as the runes just to hold his own against a "semi-powered" Spectre?

That doesnt look to good on King Thors part.

This isnt the so-called "street punk" Spectre. Its almost full-powered, insane Spectre without a host.

Hes already took out Dr.Fate, Phantom Stranger among others.

Sentry
No Shazam is just fighting Spectre. No rock.

Youre saying it would take King Thor with the Gungnir and Mjolnir as well as the runes just to hold his own against a "semi-powered" Spectre?

That doesnt look to good on King Thors part.

This isnt the so-called "street punk" Spectre. Its almost full-powered, insane Spectre without a host.

Hes already took out Dr.Fate, Phantom Stranger among others.

Oh, if I knew Spectre was that weak, Normal Thor could hold his own against a "semi-powered" Spectre.

jrodslam

By the wins!

Genis wins!

Uhh. How is that Showing Spectre as a little *****? He works for God. God is his boss. That scan showed what? Him obeying his boss? Surely you can do better.

jrodslam
Oh, if I knew Spectre was that weak, Normal Thor could hold his own against a "semi-powered" Spectre.

I didnt mean semi-powered before. I meant almost full-powered. Sorry. big grin

I think semi full powered means almost full powered. I appologize for the mixup.

Sentry
Here Deathstroke going toe to toe with Wonder Woman

http://secondtosupes.tripod.com/ds.html

Wonder Woman VS. Shazam = Wonder Woman as winner.

How would Shazam beat Genis?

jrodslam
Here Deathstroke going toe to toe with Wonder Woman

http://secondtosupes.tripod.com/ds.html

Wonder Woman VS. Shazam = Wonder Woman as winner.

How would Shazam beat Genis?

Thats just showing how good Deathstroke is. He did take out Zatanna, Canary, Green Arrow, Gl, Atom, Hawkman, Flash at once. Whats your point?

Because WW beat Deathstroke, that means she could beat Captain Marvel(real)?

Sentry
I didnt mean semi-powered before. I meant almost full-powered. Sorry. big grin

I think semi full powered means almost full powered. I appologize for the mixup.

Like I said, if Shazam could hold his own against a almost fully powered Spectre, a normal Thor could hold his own as well according to your logic.

Genis could easily hold his own if Shazam could. big grin

jinzin
oy...I'm not so sure those scans are in your favor......wonder woman beat up deathstroke WHILE holding back.....and way to avoid the issue of the fact that ds has superpowers while taskmater is human....as well as the fact that shazam's taken it to supes who in turn has beaten ww...

Sentry
Thats just showing how good Deathstroke is. He did take out Zatanna, Canary, Green Arrow, Gl, Atom, Hawkman, Flash at once. Whats your point?

Because WW beat Deathstroke, that means she could beat Captain Marvel(real)?

She did beat Shazam. Ask Draco, he's Wonder Woman's servant and loyal protector.(meant that as a compliment Draco) No way is she winning against Genis.(Sorry Draco, but it's true). If she can't win against Genis, No way is Shazam winning against Genisbig grin

jinzin
and why couldn't she? I'm not being spiteful I'm actually interested...

jrodslam
Like I said, if Shazam could hold his own against a almost fully powered Spectre, a normal Thor could hold his own as well according to your logic.

Genis could easily hold his own if Shazam could. big grin

My logic says that CM(real) is mosre durable than Superman.

Superman > Thor in durability.

My logic also says CM(real) is as strong as Superman.

Superman > Thor in strength.

Thor > Captain Mar-Vell in durability.

Thor > Captain Mar-Vell in strength.

My logic says...Captain Marvel > Captain Mar-Vell in strength and durability. Am i not right?

jrodslam
I also heard that the CM vs WW fight was interrupted. Is that true? Was anyone under mind control? I want details.

Sentry
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
You're right. He's no more than class 15 or 20. But that's all he needs. His powers allow for such abstract feats, he doesn't need raw brute power. Genis controls energy, all energy, everywhere. Since brainwaves function using bio-electric synapses, Genis can manipulate that energy and fry Supes.

Originally posted by ScarletSpider
Isn't Captain Atom pure energy? If so, he gets sucked into the nega bands just like any other energy. Genis also has cosmic awareness, he knows who's going to strike before they strike, and can act as a sort of telepathy upon tactile contact with another person.

Flash and Diana will be the biggest troubles, but if he can just shield himself, he can concentrate and mess with their bio-electric systems, or pull all the heat energy in the air around them away, thus creating a pocket of absolute zero temperature, freezing and kill either instantly.

long pig
Yes! Slade can beat king thor!
I've been saying it all along! big grin

Nah, the only reason WW was having problems with Slade is because Slade's reactions were a bit faster than hers, and he was able to keep away from her and keep 12 steps ahead of her.
Plus that plasma staff wasn't no fun either.

jrodslam

Not sure where the o.p got that from but, i thought Mar-Vel was only able to absorb and control "Cosmic" energy. Not all types of energy. I know Quasar can control all types of energy, Surfer and GL as well. But not Mar-Vel.

Quoted by o.p. "Isn't Captain Atom pure energy? If so, he gets sucked into the nega bands just like any other energy. Genis also has cosmic awareness, he knows who's going to strike before they strike, and can act as a sort of telepathy upon tactile contact with another person.

Flash and Diana will be the biggest troubles, but if he can just shield himself, he can concentrate and mess with their bio-electric systems, or pull all the heat energy in the air around them away, thus creating a pocket of absolute zero temperature, freezing and kill either instantly." End Quote.

A special alloy covers Captain Atom's body. Mar-Vel cant absorb him into the nega-bands. Cosmic awareness doesnt let the person know who is going to strike beofre they do. I guess Mar-Vell has a "super cosmic awareness"

Has CM(marvel) ever messed with someones bio-electric systems?

Has CM(marve) ever pulled all the heat energy in the air around someone away, thus creating a pocket of absolute zero temperature?

snoopdogg

By the wins!

Genis wins! You guys are nuts.

Isnt that the Phantom Stranger in that pic?

You dont mess with him either laughing

snoopdogg
Recently, during the One Million incident, it was revealed that Billy
will assume the wizard Shazam's role in the 853rd century. Billy's
exploits up until that time remain unrevealed.

CM must be immortal if this is true. He cannot die cause the Gods will not allow it.

K3VIL
Genis Vell without doubts.Only fanboys can argue Shazam is taking this fight.

Genis Vell with his mastery over Nega-Bands and solar nrg absorption powers can:

1.Enhance his strenght to upper rank Class 100 level sufficient to wipe the floor with King Thor, and the same thing works with his durability and other physical abilities
2.Match in SPEED Silver Surfer
3.Teleport for limitless distances
4.Bend the fabric of time and space to bypasse other force fields or defensive systems like against Shi'Ar Imperial Ships
5.Blast his foes with powerful energy blasts of such magnitude he can destroy groups of Starships within seconds
6.Create force fields able to deflect or absorb any kind of attack

Captain Marvel is nothing to him.

K3VIL
Or crush him to death.
Genis is not Superman.He fought magical enemies and absorbed and redirected their blasts with ease.Try again

snoopdogg
I know CM(generic) is a powerfull character. But he is not out of CM(real) league.

Captain Marvel has these powers:
1. Superstrength(greater than Genis by a long shot)
2. Superspeed
3. Flight
4. Near invulerabulity(greater than Genis by a long shot)
5. Awareness that allows him to turn disadvantages into advantages
6. Dimension travel.
7. Magical awareness.
8. The wisdom of Soloman he uses very effectively when he fights and Genis might be in trouble.

Sentry
You guys are nuts.

Isnt that the Phantom Stranger in that pic?

You dont mess with him either laughing

Did you read the pic? reading

Stranger is asking Spectre to help, but he can't because god forbids it.stick out tongue

Sentry
I know CM(generic) is a powerfull character. But he is not out of CM(real) league.

1. Superstrength(greater than Genis by a long shot)
2. Super speed
3. Flight
4. Near invulerabulity(greater than Genis by a long shot)
5. Awareness that allows him to turn disadvantages into advantages
6. Dimension travel.
7. Magical awareness.
8. The wisdom of Soloman he uses very effectively when he fights and Genis might be in trouble.

1. You are correct.

2. Super speed my a$$. Wonder Woman and Superman are faster than Shazam.

3. Flight - Look above.

4. Probably greater than Genis's physical durability, but with his energy shield up, Genis has withstood blows from King Thor, Large Armadas of Kree and Skrull battleships without a scratch, and Thanos cosmic blasts which is probably the only things that hurt him.

5. Cosmic Awareness - Allows him to sense danger on a universal level. As a result, he can perceive objects and individuals, the presence of beings, and cosmic threats cloaked by invisibility or illusions throughout the universe. He has little control over it but is learning to control it with the help of Moondragon. With it he can see into the future for just a few seconds, or a few millenia. He'll know what Shazam is up to or if he's gonna win the battle. Odds are he's not.

6. Dimension Travel - Spatial Aperture

Captain Marvel was able to generate a hole between the Negative Zone and the real universe. It kept whatever was trapped within the aperture in a stasis field between the two dimensions. If it was a person, they would be unable to move, but could talk and listen. It is unknown whether he still posesses this ability since he now has a connection to the Microverse (due to the actions of Kelly).

Vectoring

Performed by focusing on a particular star, tracking into the light to use it as a guide and travelling beyond its speed. Adjustments have to be made, otherwise he'd track the light back to its source and end up in the past.

7. Cosmic Awareness senses all energy disturbances, including ambient magical energy.

8. Maybe.

snoopdogg
Did you read the pic? reading

Stranger is asking Spectre to help, but he can't because god forbids it.stick out tongue I realized that.

But when CM fights him he is backed by the Presence wink

K3VIL

1. Superstrength(greater than Genis by a long shot)<---No, cause Genis fought King Thor, a SKYFATHER, that is above CM, Genis traded blows with guys like Thanos and Ronan
2. Superspeed<---Genis travel at light speed, and his reflexes aren't above that level
3. Flight<---Genis can fly faster than CM
4. Near invulerabulity(greater than Genis by a long shot)<---Genis usually survive to being exposed to cosmic radiations, cosmic power blasts, and being shooted from starships
5. Awareness that allows him to turn disadvantages into advantages<---Cosmic Awareness VS Awareness wanna compare?
6. Dimension travel.<---Genis can do it, he can even trap people between dimension in a phase shift condition
7. Magical awareness.
8. The wisdom of Soloman he uses very effectively when he fights and Genis might be in trouble.<---Indeed, no

snoopdogg
In case you guys took that the wrong way I was just listing some of his powers and abilities.

Have you guys read any Captain Marvel?(Real)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.