cyclops vs. captain america (from the backcourt)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pointinel
i mean... they cant get involved... all they gotta do is plan/command the troops

stipulations:

1. they both have a group of 30 men
2. every men they have are only peak humans but expert in military training
3. cyclops team is more specialized on reconnaisance and sniping, cap's men are expert on explosives, both team are equal when they square off melee
4. they fight in the danger room, scenario is jungle

who do you think is the better leader

MERCILOUS
Cap, and he only loses 2 guys.

ImmortalOne
Are you crazy, Cycs flattened-out an entire jungle. !!!!!

Cycs win !!!

MERCILOUS
Ummm dude, read the thread, they're not in this fight...

Pointinel
ive read cykes to be described as someone "who knows every possible angle in a fight, and memorizes every steam strategy possible"... non-verbatim but to that sense

but i forgot the issue

DAMMIT! I REALLY DO!

MERCILOUS
Oh every "team" strategy...had to stare at it for a while...

Reguardless, for most guys being called half the leader that Cap is, is a compliment. Admitedley, Cykes is probably more than that, but it doesn't matter.

DarkCrawler
Cyclops has been doing this thing since he was about thirteen...he might pull it out. Cap is more like the soldier going on front lines...not the type of leader who gives commands but doesn't participate himself. I actually think that Cyclops is more the strategy type.

MERCILOUS
Come one now, even if you've never read Cap surely you've bothered reading JLA/Avengers. There is no leader more esteemed or respected in the MU, and rightfully so. Why else make the guy with no powers leader of "Earths Mightiest Heros?" You think Thor would take orders from anyone else? From Cykes for that matter? "Cyclops more the strategy type"? Just think back to Avenger as opposed to X-men fights. Who does the better job at adapting every time? Who fights a greater variety of villians and still comes up on top more often? Who has the team where no matter what he says, the team is gonna do it?

For that matter, who has actual military training and has worked with soldiers more? Cap has every edge in this fight (except that Cykes gets snipers.)

long pig
Cap is respected by everyone, even Thanos was shown to admire his leadership skills.
If I were to pick, i'd go on Cap's side if all I had were a rock and a few rubberbands. Cyke is outclassed.

Pointinel
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
Come one now, even if you've never read Cap surely you've bothered reading JLA/Avengers. There is no leader more esteemed or respected in the MU, and rightfully so. Why else make the guy with no powers leader of "Earths Mightiest Heros?" You think Thor would take orders from anyone else? From Cykes for that matter? "Cyclops more the strategy type"? Just think back to Avenger as opposed to X-men fights. Who does the better job at adapting every time? Who fights a greater variety of villians and still comes up on top more often? Who has the team where no matter what he says, the team is gonna do it?

For that matter, who has actual military training and has worked with soldiers more? Cap has every edge in this fight (except that Cykes gets snipers.)

but we aint talking bout thor or the "mighty avengers" here. all they got are 30 military men with no egos, and do as they're told.

plus it aint that hard to lose when u got thor and iron man in your team, and writers full of DC "ideals"

but in the end i still think cykes will win, if cyke doesnt have the snipers the outcome will still be a toss-up

MERCILOUS
I thought using here own teams here was fair because the level of threats they handle relatively ends up the same in comparison to the teams capabilities (stronger team, but stronger threats.) And they won't necessarily "do as they're told" that's part of what leadership is, being able to make others "do as they're told."

As for "ideals" that is also part of something that that a good leader is capable of creating. Cyke's men go into the fight hoping not to die while Cap's men go in determined to win at any cost. I think you're trying too hard to take out the human factor and to me that's a big part of this fight.

If the Teams were even this'd be a complete slaughter in Cap's favor.

long pig
Cap' could get anyone psyched up and ready to die. He's just that type of leader.
Cyke isn't going to be able to get that from his people.
Even though Cap' has acknowledged Cyke's skills, but Cyke looked like he met his hero when he was talking to Cap.

Pointinel
fine... i can see where your getting at

i just wanna ask

what are these guy's biggest blunders in battle? if there's any?

p.s. id still say cykes takes this

Pointinel
up this shit

MERCILOUS
Originally posted by Pointinel
p.s. id still say cykes takes this

Why?

Pointinel
because of the snipers.... hello?

+ im an "x-nut"

MERCILOUS
And you don't think Cap can come up with a strategy for that?

+ I don't think there's anything "x" about it.

long pig
Think about it:
Snipers need to have patience and need to see clearly.
Bombs can be thrown from behind shit, no need to see where you're throwing them, as long as they hit.

MERCILOUS
Seriously, now that I think about it, an explosives expert never needs to be seen (of course that's probably the first thing Cap would of thought of.) This gives the edge plus better leadership to Cap, I withdraw my earlier statement, Cap doesn't lose two guys, he wins flawless.

long pig
That's why you're not Captain America, and I am.

MERCILOUS
That's cool, hey what's wrong with your sig oh might and perfect leader?

ImmortalOne
Cap is a solo-er...
Cyc is a team leader.......

MERCILOUS
Oh crap dude, I can't beleive you just said that. You're gonna have to buy everyone stuff on this forum to redeem yourself from that.

To the re-education chamber with you!

long pig
Yeah, I almost feel forced to make fun of you.

CorderaMitchell
Yea, thats just wrong.

What will be my gift?

hoorayforpeepee
I hear a fan...and fecal matter...

ps: if cyke and cap were allowed to participate, i would give summers the win. cap is the best of the best and cyclops is the middle of the best (strategy/leadership wise).

but since summmers ain't fighting, cap all day.

CorderaMitchell
lol

RayIsGay
I think Cap tells his guys blow up the whole freaking Jungle, then afterword he yells, " DID I GET YOU?" then a hearty Viking Laugh! laughing

CorderaMitchell
You are a strange young man.............lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.