Pre-Crisis Darksied vs Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gautam
discuss..

DrDoom
PC Darkseid.

Current Darkseid's power is a mere shadow of his PC greatness...don't sleep on him.

Cosmic Cube
What did PC Darkseid do? confused

gautam
he trashed PC supes....

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by gautam
he trashed PC supes....

Big sh*t. Odin would do the same. Odin could sprinkle magic dust on PC Superman and kill him.

gautam
but Odin trashed Thanos....

leonidas
for one thing, pc supes was very much afraid of darkseid. somewhere along the line, darkseid broke pc supes's arm. he's also battled 2 kryptonians simultaneously (and they were even powered up by highfather!!) while mind controlling billions of pc daxamites! his ability to control minds was one of his major abilities that is not used like it once was. and the omega effect really DID mean something back then . . .

DrDoom
Yup, originally Kirby had Darkseid's power level around Galactus'.

Noone could really gauge his power because he rarely engaged other beings in combat, he would just let his cronies (who were powerful in their own right) do the work for him.
His power was supposed to be on a planet destroying scale. Even PC Superman was afraid of him...and Darkseid didn't really even use magic!

Which is why I always get mad when Superman creams Darkseid...DC loves to bump him down a peg whenever they get the chance.

Xplosive
Darkseid was never on level of Galactus. Now Pre-crisis Darkseid, I would chose him over Odin.

DrDoom
Originally posted by Xplosive
Darkseid was never on level of Galactus. Now Pre-crisis Darkseid, I would chose him over Odin.

...*looks at topic title*

I said Kirby originally had him at Galactus' level, so it WAS Pre Crisi Darkseid.

leonidas
yep. darkseid was THE man, the essence of evil. kirby's odin was also enormously powerful, but i think pc darkseid could probably take him. and i agree doom - darkseid is used as a plot device FFAAARRRRR too often. the man needs to regain some of his respect.

Beyonder
Originally posted by DrDoom
His power was supposed to be on a planet destroying scale. Even PC

See that's the problem right there. Odin's on galaxy busting levels. Surtur, who's around Odin's level, forged the Twilight Sword by destroying a galaxy. With said Sword, he was more powerful than Odin.

Odin's fight with Seth was said to destroy/birth galaxies. If going by feats, Odin might just stomp PC Darkseid.

Odin's also walked into Hela's realm and punk that b!tch. He kicked Enchanters' ass as well. Fought the Dark Gods and locked them away.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Beyonder
See that's the problem right there. Odin's on galaxy busting levels. Surtur, who's around Odin's level, forged the Twilight Sword by destroying a galaxy. With said Sword, he was more powerful than Odin.

Odin's fight with Seth was said to destroy/birth galaxies. If going by feats, Odin might just stomp PC Darkseid.

Odin's also walked into Hela's realm and punk that b!tch. He kicked Enchanters' ass as well. Fought the Dark Gods and locked them away.

Agreed. I think Odin would take this. How does Darkseid fare against magic?

Beyonder
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Agreed. I think Odin would take this. How does Darkseid fare against magic?

Heard something about PC Darkseid stomping Mordru, who stomped the Legions of Superheroes. PC Darkseid was a powerful motherf#cker.

GalacticStorm
Yeah but then so is odin. Not only is he a powerful mystic. But he can tap into powerful cosmic energies as well as being class 100 and an experienced fighter. I think he'd take this

leonidas
if you equate odin to highfather (a fair assumption i think, given both were done by kirby) then this is at best a stalemate, at worst darkseid is more powerful. tough to compare because odin has all these 'feats' we can dredge up. pc ds was simply this overwhelming force that EVERYBODY feared. he was above everyone, and was a master manipulator. he did not get in slugfests with guys like thanos. ds was above that. back then, darkseid was about the baddest ass of all. and you simply DID NOT mess with the omega effect.

supremthor
and if it wasnt 4 darksied the dc multivers would have been destroyed by kronos. he gave da dc unvirse power needed well he was in his own unvirse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.