Is KOTOR better than ROTS?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Revan Souer
I was just thinking when I thought this was probably a good question, which when you finished watching or playing made to fill more fore filled?
After Ep3 I couldn't help felling alittle let down still, but after Kotor sure I still had questions in my head but didn't fill let down. What did everyone else think? mad

Darth_Nefarus
I think ROTS is better just because we see why Anakin did what he did and it gives you a lot more depth to the character of Darth Vader from the originals. Now we know why he is so evil and crazed, he's pissed off beyond comprehension.

Although, I will admit KOTR does have a butt load of bad asses.

vader476
i own both
kotor was awesome the first time around
then the second time around i stopped playing
they are kinda of equal kotor has alot more gameplay
ROTS was too short but funner to play
if ROTS was an rpg type thing like Kotor then it would have shoved kotors face in its own ass
lol

Revan Souer
really meant the film but still good to know the game aint worth it

viking12344
The original KOTOR was the fist video game that I actually CARED what happened in the ending and to the individual characters.

That being said, rots was the best SW experience I have ever had.

macgeek2005
what's KOTOR???????????

vader476
Knights Of The Old Republic

KaNeKnOx
hey is that game worth spending ur money on? cuz i was planning on getting it

vader476
yes
but id get episode 3 instead
get the second one

Yuxa
i heard of this game but never played it.

Mist
i smell EU.....in the ep3 forum...naughty naughty....

Robin Darkside
KOTOR was sweet, but was no ROTS
ROTS and the OT is the best

Echuu
Originally posted by Mist

LOL Mist. I've seen your EU policing posts in a couple other threads.
Great job. It gave me a good laugh. laughing

Robin Darkside

who cares really. the question involves ROTS

Bombadil
I actually like KOTOR alot more than ROTS and i also like KOTOR 2's story more than ROTS. ROTS was still a great story but i think KOTOR had a more indepth and a bit more compelling story.

Mist
Originally posted by Echuu
LOL Mist. I've seen your EU policing posts in a couple other threads.
Great job. It gave me a good laugh. laughing

stick out tongue theres a bit fat ass line between ep3 and eu that some people seem oblivious to...

PVS
please refer to this site for more info:

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Darth Travizzle
Someone needs to make a KOTOR movie, whether or not it's out in theater's or if it only comes out on DVD.

Darth Travizzle
Originally posted by Bombadil
I actually like KOTOR alot more than ROTS and i also like KOTOR 2's story more than ROTS. ROTS was still a great story but i think KOTOR had a more indepth and a bit more compelling story. I just HATE going through Peragus and Telos. I also hate Nar Shadda, except for the fact that I can get a silver crystal there.

Delta 62
KOTOR was great to play..but it can't compare with Episode III.

Darth Mantis
Originally posted by Darth Travizzle
I just HATE going through Peragus and Telos. I also hate Nar Shadda, except for the fact that I can get a silver crystal there. Me too...

Revan Souer
Where's a silver crystal? Personally I hated being in the wetsuit. Wished they'd made them into films rather than TPM that was awful.

thejeditraitor
KOTOR IS A GAME!!
IT'S NOT REAL STAR WARS!!

atheist
KOTOR is better than all the PT put together.

Bardock42
Ate they even comparable What the f**k?

Revan Souer
Originally posted by atheist
KOTOR is better than all the PT put together.
Totally agree, I dont know wht but it felt more like StarWars than the PT. That probably sounded really stupid but the story was far more complex. Shame they won't make it into a movie

SithSpy
Darth Travizzle, dont forget you got that edit button for 15min after you post, no need to double post.

PVS--I love that video, LMAO everytime i see it, that should really be required viewing for anyone before posting

theshakl
I don't know why people liked Kotor so much... i played it all.....and it just...wasn't that much fun to me....... sure it had it's good points but... nah...........

Revan Souer
Originally posted by theshakl
I don't know why people liked Kotor so much... i played it all.....and it just...wasn't that much fun to me....... sure it had it's good points but... nah...........
Come on the story was great made you think and had a shock. You also could play it over and over without getting bored

Bardock42
It's a good game...you can't really compare it to a movie though

theshakl
maybe if it didn't have all those loading points i would have liked it MUCH BETTER

Nactous
I just registerd after reading this thread and have a few things to say. First off I am very passionate about this game, it being one of the few things I am deeply care about, and will defend for anytime and any place. Personally best Star Wars game ever made, my personal favorite game out their and to me is better than Episode 1 and 2 combined.

Nactous
Trust me ROTS sucks when put up against the original kotor, why because of its predictability. First off though, Vader 476 are you that stupid, ROTS could never be an RPG. It lacks the depth and awesome story Kotor has. what a stupid thing to say. The only thing I have left to say about that is, if only they made the movies as good as Kotor and Lucas needs to take a lesson from Bioware on his story telling abilities. The movies, EU it doesn't matter it's all Star Wars. And no one can say other wise.

Nactous
Star Wars is not just limited to the movies, and anyone that thanks it is, is nothing more than a fool.

Ast Rofan
Originally posted by Nactous
Trust me ROTS sucks when put up against the original kotor, why because of its predictability. First off though, Vader 476 are you that stupid, ROTS could never be an RPG. It lacks the depth and awesome story Kotor has. what a stupid thing to say. The only thing I have left to say about that is, if only they made the movies as good as Kotor and Lucas needs to take a lesson from Bioware on his story telling abilities. The movies, EU it doesn't matter it's all Star Wars. And no one can say other wise.

Shut up, you are comparing a video game to a movie, and you are saying that Lucas should take lessons from the game designers. That is bullshit.

Of course Sith is predictable, we have known what was going to happen for the last 20 years.

Nactous
You need to take a wider look at thing, I am a big Star Wars fan, and Kotor kick the ass of TPM and AOTC any day.

Nactous
The closest thing I can compare Kotor to is the Original Trilogy because it has that feel to it. ROTS is a great movie, don't get me wrong, but it's just a movie and is limited to what it can show of that Galaxy far, far away....

DarkYoda
I agree... the only reason people say KOTOR was SOOO great is the same reason everyone says ESB is SOOO great... because there was a fantastic plot twist that shocked everybody. That type of thing is RARE! Especially, like Ast Rofan said, when you have known what was going to happen for 20 years! Any BIG plot twists would have been lame and contrived. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Edit: Not to mention... if you had not spoiled yourself to death beforehand, there were some very good plot twists in ROTS... such as Anakin being burned alive... I don't think most people knew that was what happened to Vader.

vader476
First off though, Vader 476 are you that stupid,

YOU ****ING QUEER IM GONNA RIP YOUR FACE AND THEN BURN IT YOU LITTLE PIECE OF SHIT. YOUR LUCKY YOUR ION THE INTERNET OR I'D KICK YOUR ASS. THEN I'D KICK YOUR FAMILIES ASS AND MAKE YOU EAT THEM. QUEERS LIKE YOU MAKE ME SICK sick

IT WAS MY ****ING OPINION DAMN YOU

YOUR GOING TO BURN
JUST WAIT
YOU WILL
I PROMISE YOU

Darth Travizzle
But it has ROTS in it.

Nactous
Star Wars videogames are what I have to look forwad to now that a legendary saga has come to an end. Ofcoure theres the TV show in 07. Can I ask you all a question how many of you went to Celebration 3.

DarkYoda
Originally posted by vader476
YOU ****ING QUEER IM GONNA RIP YOUR FACE AND THEN BURN IT YOU LITTLE PIECE OF SHIT. YOUR LUCKY YOUR ION THE INTERNET OR I'D KICK YOUR ASS. THEN I'D KICK YOUR FAMILIES ASS AND MAKE YOU EAT THEM. QUEERS LIKE YOU MAKE ME SICK sick

IT WAS MY ****ING OPINION DAMN YOU

YOUR GOING TO BURN
JUST WAIT
YOU WILL
I PROMISE YOU

Note to self: Don't ever piss off vader476... stick out tongue

vader476
THATS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KMC ISNT BEYOND SAVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WILL SAVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nactous
Forgive my insolence. But the question still stands, who went to Celebration 3.

vader476
I WENT WITH YOUR MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU STUPID QUEER!!!!!

Nactous
By the way please accept my apology vader 476, perhaps stupid was a bit to harsh but my opinion is still the same. But that does not excuse my actions so as much as I would not want to be burned and then have to come black suit. It would save us both time.

Nactous
Thats not possible she died while giving birth to my little brother.

vader476
.......I will speak to DSA
There we will decide your fate

P.S. When I burn people they isnt much left of them to put them in a black suit.

Ast Rofan
Vader, chill the **** out.

DarkYoda
.......I will speak to DSA
There we will decide your fate

P.S. When I burn people they isnt much left of them to put them in a black suit.

yes... it will be okay. laughing

Nactous
I have done nothing wrong to begin with, this topic is why I joined KMC, lets just forget about this topic and move on, anyway to close for good?

Ast Rofan
Vader I am on your side, but the kind of extreme stuff you are saying can get you banned.

vader476
Sorry when i get pissed
let me tell you i get pissed

Nactous
Since no one wants to answer my question about C3, let me just say that at C3 someone asked good ole George about doing things set int the time of Knights of the Old Republic and he responded by say that if future projects are successful he might turn his attention to that era in time.

Nactous
By the way I was just messing with you about the whole mother being dead thing, I thought it would relax you a little.

Nactous
Im going to the EU form, don't want to get anyone in trouble.

Nactous
Im back suckers, and I'm her to say KOTOR ROCKS!

jerlark386
hmmm..

Well lets see.

Depth, Plot, Meaning, Characters you can affect and actually care about

vs.

generic, stock the shelf button masher with repetitive and often meaningless combat because you know that if the character from the movie were actually playing he would survive.

lets see who wins? smile

Nactous
Depth, hmm. If talking Battle droids is depth than by all means go for it. Besides you get button mashers in action games not RPG's get your facts straight. You movie loving, with masses honky.

JLRTENJAC
Oh "Smart and wise one" ... do you mean Jar Jar?

JLRTENJAC
Oh That's a vote for KOTOR Please.

ME AND MY FRIEND NACTOS WILL NOT BE SILENCED!

starwars starwars

Darth Zenemij
KOTOR is better than ROTS???? Thats a hard one.

JLRTENJAC
No its not.

SkatinWitAsaber
Your going to make fun of me but wat does rots stand for. I know wat kotor stands for so plese tell me.... embarrasment

Ast Rofan
Originally posted by SkatinWitAsaber
Your going to make fun of me but wat does rots stand for. I know wat kotor stands for so plese tell me.... embarrasment

Wow, Revenge of the Sith. confused

atheist
of course KOTOR is better than ROTS, what isn't!

Ast Rofan
Originally posted by atheist
of course KOTOR is better than ROTS, what isn't!

Hard to disagree with your reasons............wait, you gave no reasons, my fault. confused

Nactous
Shut it Ast Rofan. Quit giving the guy a hard time. I agree, we've had this discussion before. ala Vader 476.

Nactous
See page 2 for Details

Cipher
Of course its not......

((The_Anomaly))
No, KOTOR is not better....

not even close

Ast Rofan
Shut it Ast Rofan. Quit giving the guy a hard time. I agree, we've had this discussion before. ala Vader 476.

Yes master, I will do your bidding. confused

Screw you!

JLRTENJAC
KOTOR rocks I don't know what you all are thinking, and besides ROTS is a "Movie-Videogame" It does not do the Franchise justice (Espically that Game-boy Advance Version.

Ast Rofan
Okay, does everyone here realise that the topic was asking which was better between Kotor(game) and Reveng of the Sith(movie)? The thread isnt comparing the games, it is comparing a game to a movie.

JLRTENJAC
A game and a movie? You Can't compare the two... confused

JLRTENJAC
Can You? confused

DeVi| D0do
Indeed... Comparing a game to a movie is just stupid.

Nactous
I'm really beginning to hate you Ast Rofan with your biasness toward EU. You have a movie, and an experience. You've got a little whinny boy that gets knocked into a little bit of lava. I might have loved Episode 3 if they hadn't taken out the good Anakin in E6 and replaced with the little sissy. Hayden Christenson, ruling the Galaxy, thats a laugh.
Oh and if I misspelled his name, I don't care.

Nactous
Indeed...... comparing a movie to a game is stupid. Your just feeding all the Episode 3 hype, agreeing with the masses, soon you all will see what it really is.

darth-yoda
Kotor=Game of the year 2003 not to mention all th e other awards
Rots= this film got beaten by WOTW 2005 come on
nactous im with you long live revan and the kotor crew

Nactous
Thanks Darth Yoda, if you got my back Iv'e got yours.

For the Republic, the Old Republic.

darth-yoda
so do we win us mighty two the duo that shall never be silenced FOR THe OLD REPUBLIC

p.s good to no nactous

Nactous
Thank you, but dont forget Jlrtenjac even though he's not much of help/

Nactous
I see no more challengers.

darth-yoda

Nactous
You have done well. Thank you.

Boris
If Kotor were to be made as a movie, the same as Rots, then I think that it would be better.

darth-yoda
i think we have won this one ahh well what thread is next to over throw

Nactous
Boris join us pledge your allegiance to KotOR.

Nactous
We have made our point, I came back to make one more. Tell me Darth-Yoda, have you read what Vader 476 has to say about the game and me on pages 2 and 3. But whats done is done and we have won, there is no more use for this forum for now, and thank you.

Ast Rofan
I'm really beginning to hate you Ast Rofan with your biasness toward EU. You have a movie, and an experience. You've got a little whinny boy that gets knocked into a little bit of lava. I might have loved Episode 3 if they hadn't taken out the good Anakin in E6 and replaced with the little sissy. Hayden Christenson, ruling the Galaxy, thats a laugh.
Oh and if I misspelled his name, I don't care.

Thanks for the lovely compliment, but I am sorry I dont have one for you.

Anyway, I didnt say anything bad about EU, atleast not in this thread. I love KoToR, hell it is in my XBX as we speak, but to compare it to a movie is ****ing stupid.

Moff jango
NO, definately not!

Jedi Priestess
Err no, I personally find BOTH the KOTOR storylines BORING myself.

Moff jango
How can any EU be better than ROTS

((The_Anomaly))
it cant be, KOTOR was a good game.

but its not Star Wars.

Star Wars is the movies, and nothing is greater then the story of Star Wars. espicially not the story of Darth Vader, the most beloved character in not only these movies, but to a good deal of the world.

KOTOR is just a video game. ROTS is part of a Legend and possibly the greatest film saga ever created.

Sith-Nerd
i dont like that kind of rpg

JLRTENJAC
Kotor is The Best Star Wars Game Ever

I AM JEDI
to me they are equal i got that same wow STARWARS feeling anything starwars makes me happy i hate nothing about Star Wars at all! i love everything about it completly so it amazes me u guys and saying anything starwars suck..

Nactous
Okay, okay, okay, I'm not saying KotOR is better that the movies, but it sure beats the hell out of all the prequels.

Nactous
And JP, i personally find all three prequel storylines boring. Enough, this topic is dead. Go argue if Mace is still alive.

darth-yoda
topic is dead move on admit kotor is better and dmit that your wrong

the knights of the old republic shall never be silenced in this war against the manipulating jedi and the traiteris sith we grey jedi stand united

Nactous
thank you Darh-Yoda, Jlrtenjac needs some hepl in "Do you think Mace is Still alive."

Ast Rofan
A 40 hour game full of enough content for 5 movies will seem better than a two hour movie. But you counldnt make KoTor into one movie better than Sith or 3 movies better than the prequels.

Captain REX
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Star Wars is the movies, and nothing is greater then the story of Star Wars. espicially not the story of Darth Vader, the most beloved character in not only these movies, but to a good deal of the world.

Anomaly, I love you...I mean, I think you've said it best. eek!

Nactous
Well, like I said before feeding off the new movie hype.

Captain REX
New movie hype was two months ago. This is just fodder.

Nactous
Whats just fodder?

Captain REX
'Is KOTOR better than ROTS?'

compared to

'OMFG I just saw the movie and it was great!'

The latter is new movie hype. The former is just not worth reading, really.

Emperor Revan
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
it cant be, KOTOR was a good game.

but its not Star Wars.

KOTOR is just a video game. ROTS is part of a Legend and possibly the greatest film saga ever created.

Oh come on, you think all EU characters should be weaker than everyone in the movies to. Exar Kun and Marka Ragnos should lose to a one armed C-3PO if it were up to you.

Next, it is Star Wars, you will notice that when it's really big on the screen at the start of the KOTOR game.

From your point of view only, I and many others consider the story of KOTOR much better than the ROTS movie storyline.

KOTOR is also part of the legend, for bigger star wars fans that would like to know more than just the movies.

JLRTENJAC
Yea, and KOTOR's story is way more indepth than any I have ever seen

JLRTENJAC
Not only is Knights of the old republic part of a legend... It is the greatest STAR WARS story I have ever seen. I mean in the movies you have: A sad Migit named Darth Maul, Two Whiney Brats Named Anakin and Luke skywalker, and An old coward named Palpatine.
But in kotor you have: An Ingenous story (Beter than that of The Original Trilogy), Incredible caricters (Malak, Revan, Mission, Carth, Candorus, Zaalbar, Bastila, T3-M4, and HK47.), A twist that shakes you ti the bone, And an unknown history.

JLRTENJAC
Now Tell me which would you go for?

vader476
alright
im back and im ready to fight.....

KMC......full of noobs....i knew it....

vader476
Kotor isnt bad its just not as fun as ROTS

You noobs just shut up and go home.......no seriously go home.....

vader476
Shut it Ast Rofan.

...a fellow DSA member.....OH HELL NOOOO!!!!

Remember my promise Nactous......well im a man of my word......

And KOTOR SUCKS NUTS......And so does Halo and Halo 2

They both suck

ROTS is hella funner

Your opinons dont matter to me

You just wait.....

dont worry Ast We'll get him together

vader476
We have made our point, I came back to make one more. Tell me Darth-Yoda, have you read what Vader 476 has to say about the game and me on pages 2 and 3. But whats done is done and we have won, there is no more use for this forum for now, and thank you.

Oh I Don't Think So....

Hell No You Haven't Won
And I'm Fighting Because Your An Idiot
And....You Told Good Old Ast to Shut Up (which REALLY pissed me off by the way)

Theres No Use Fighting Me Nactous( And what does Nactous mean....Buger???? )

vader476
BTW i was kidding about kotor sucking
Its just not as good as ROTS

JLRTENJAC
...a fellow DSA member.....OH HELL NOOOO!!!!

Remember my promise Nactous......well im a man of my word......

And KOTOR SUCKS NUTS......And so does Halo and Halo 2

They both suck

ROTS is hella funner

Your opinons dont matter to me

You just wait.....

dont worry Ast We'll get him together

YOU DON'T DIS HALO!

Nactous
You cant take back your words. And prepare for the back lass EU style.

Nactous
Dont mess with Jlrtenjac.

Tulak Hord
No one *hic* disses my KOTOR! *Hic* *Holds a bottle of jack* ROTS game sucks compared to *hic* KOTOR! KOTOR has depth! ROTS is a *hic* 3-D Jedi Power Battles.

EU FANS RULE!

vader476
i dont dis halo i was saying that to dis you big grin
lol even though it is kinda boring after 2 weeks

anyways i dont have time for the likes of you i just came back because i got like 6 emails saying i had PM's from KMC.......

Nactous
Tulak, Jlrtenjac. Where are you guys?

Tulak Hord
I'm here and ready to waste anyone who wants to mess with KOTOR. *Ignites both his green and blue sabers* *Twirls absentmindedly*

vader476
oh god laughing out loud

you have back up

how funny

Tulak Hord
Why yes, yes he does have backup. Us EU fans would own you ROTS people in a heartbeat. I'm a fan of both, but EU just overweighs ROTS in so many different ways.

Nactous
It's more than you have. In the EU forums Emperor Revan is god. And everyone supports him. Wait til he hears. It pays to know people whose heads arnt up their ass.

vader476
....i feel n00bish arguing with you guys *slaps himself out of it*

lalalalalalalalalala

Im a Pirate ARG!!!!

Nactous
Note to Vader 476.

Dont mess with Tulak. EU fans are a different kind of breed.

Tulak Hord
*Foams at the mouth and rips off shirt* *Beats on the steel cage bars*

Nactous
Oh forgive me, I guess being two months longer than me no longer makes you a noob. "Oh you must be so wise."

vader476
Ill mess with Tulak

HEY TULAK **** YOU!!!

I had a great time with Mrs. Tulak last night

ARGH!!!!!

Tulak Hord
I ain't married yet. You think you got the balls to say **** me to my face? Common boy. Wait 'till Nac opens that cage..

vader476
uhh *opens cage himself*

What now.....

Nactous
Go for it.

Nactous
*Beats your ass to the ground.*

vader476
ok........waiting

And getting tired

*imitates Pirate*

ARGh!!! There she blows!!!!!
I love RUM!!!!!

Ast Rofan
Okay, now that this thread has moved, is it now about Kotor vs the ROTS game? Or is it still game vs movie?

Nactous
Ah it appears Ast is hear. This will be fun.

Tulak Hord
An Ode to the vader guy.

*Ahhem* You 'total Devotees to the movies' people SUCK! EU makes the movies. I ain't gonna do no serious bashin' 'cause I like bein' here, but jesus christ already. Stick with your ROTS in your own sub forum jackass, leave us to our EU. We don't come in there and diss ever aspect that Ep 3 offers, because it offers 2 hours of entertainment, while EU is unlimited. You're afraid that EU may some day be better than ROTS. For god's sake, if you've nothing good to say about EU, then stay in your own forum and shut the hell up.

DarkYoda
(In Peter Griffin voice)

HEY! Hey hey hey hey hey hey... just stop it! ...

Stop it!

alright?

alright?

okay. big grin

Nactous
ROTS as a whole.

I moved the topic to this forum. It needed some more EU backing.

vader476
i dont know Ast
But reading there posts are fun

I think ROTS is better

Nactous
Tulak, I second the notion.

vader476
Originally posted by Tulak Hord
An Ode to the vader guy.

*Ahhem* You 'total Devotees to the movies' people SUCK! EU makes the movies. I ain't gonna do no serious bashin' 'cause I like bein' here, but jesus christ already. Stick with your ROTS in your own sub forum jackass, leave us to our EU. We don't come in there and diss ever aspect that Ep 3 offers, because it offers 2 hours of entertainment, while EU is unlimited. You're afraid that EU may some day be better than ROTS. For god's sake, if you've nothing good to say about EU, then stay in your own forum and shut the hell up.

(in jack sparrow voice)
"you need to find your self a girl mate"

and i can post here if i want

hehe go to the Episode 3 forums i really dont care

Now back to the pirate imitations

ARGH!!!
AYE AVAST!!!!

RUM!!!

Tulak Hord
To bash only is just senseless. And kinda sad too. Means you've nothing better to do.

Ast Rofan
Just to finally give a straight answer...

If the question is Kotor vs. the Sith game.....Kotor hands down.

If the question is Kotor vs. the movie....seek professional help.

Okay now, lets have fun.

Nactous
*mocks in little girl voice.*

DarkYoda
And for the record...

DY says: EU does not suck... but it has no influence on the movies...

However, the reverse is not the same... the movies are where EU springs from. So you can discuss the movies in EU, but it really has no bearing at all in the reverse case. George Lucas does things his way and will go against EU if he so desires. wink

Nactous
Just to finally give a straight answer...

If the question is Kotor vs. the Sith game.....Kotor hands down.

If the question is Kotor vs. the movie....seek professional help.

Damn it Ast. Who says your the highest authority. That you can decide whats good, and whats wrong.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>