Ken & Terry vs Ryu & Kyo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LeAtHerRFace
The blondies vs the blackies!! smile

My vote goes to Ryu and Kyo in a heart beat.

LeAtHerRFace
kyo and ryu

LeAtHerRFace
terry and ken

CorderaMitchell
It may be a draw,because ryu is higher more likely to beat ken, but terry would do well against terry.

LeAtHerRFace
Ryu would beat ken then kyo would barely beat terry

CorderaMitchell
I guess but just barely, you should have put iori in here instead of terry.

LeAtHerRFace
lol that would be a sudden deathmatch... but after ryu is done with ken he would help kyo...

dvampire
Ryu and Ken is always going at it, but Ryu is just more powerful. Even with there moves you can tell Ryu is the more balanced fighter. Ryu has focused on mastering all there special moves into Supermoves; while Ken really focus on close combat (the Shoryuken).

As for Terry versus Kyo; Terry hasn't won the KOF tornament since Kyo and Iori entered. I still think it will be close, but Kyo will eventually come out on top.

LeAtHerRFace
yes nicely said

CorderaMitchell
Get used to it.

dvampire
Thanks! smile

CorderaMitchell
Get used to it...................

Hoshi
ryu and kyo take this one , my opnions is just like corderas , ryu will beat ken and kyo will beat terry barely , but i dont think ryu would help terry , because a match 2 against one is not ryu type of fight

GalacticStorm
errr bison vs Ken and Ryu in the movie

Ryu didn't sem to have a problem double teaming smoeone then

dvampire
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
errr bison vs Ken and Ryu in the movie

Ryu didn't sem to have a problem double teaming smoeone then

Movies aren't cannon to the Steet Fighter story line. smile

GalacticStorm
oh god don't try amd tell me that i have been trying to tell you guys that since i first entered this forum

i was just giving an example of when see Ryu double team someone

dvampire
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
oh god don't try amd tell me that i have been trying to tell you guys that since i first entered this forum

i was just giving an example of when see Ryu double team someone

Ryu never double team anybody in the games though. Thats all I'm trying to say. smile

CorderaMitchell
That was a world class problem against a guy they couldn't physically beat, and people would love to see t that way.

LeAtHerRFace
Originally posted by Hoshi
ryu and kyo take this one , my opnions is just like corderas , ryu will beat ken and kyo will beat terry barely , but i dont think ryu would help terry , because a match 2 against one is not ryu type of fight

read what galactic said roll eyes (sarcastic)

LeAtHerRFace
Originally posted by dvampire
Movies aren't cannon to the Steet Fighter story line. smile

actually (SF series, comic books, SF 2 animated movie, SF alpha movie) tthey all are essential to help build the backbone to SF gaming story line.

** note: I didnt list the SF hollywood movie because it was just a SF knockoff.

CorderaMitchell
and it SUCKED, on all levels.

Hoshi
they joined force in the movie , but in the games they never fought bison(vega)together, and the movies and anime doesnt have anything similar to the game true history , and ryu only joined ken in the movie because he was not fighting for himself only, ryu would only join other guy to fight an enemy if the fight is not important for them , but for someone that is important to him

LeAtHerRFace
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
and it SUCKED, on all levels.
exactly

LeAtHerRFace
they joined force in the movie , but in the games they never fought bison(vega)together, and the movies and anime doesnt have anything similar to the game true history , and ryu only joined ken in the movie because he was not fighting for himself only, ryu would only join other guy to fight an enemy if the fight is not important for them , but for someone that is important to him
I dont think you know what your saying... why and how the hell would they fight in the game? MvC2, etc? it doesnt matter. Just as I said... the movies, comics, etc makes most of the story. (backbone)... without them, the SF is pretty much just another fighting game.

EvilCap America
Its kinda of unfair putting Ryu against his closest rival and the other grweatest ighter in the world

Terry has won every KOF for years on end.However after the first KOF game SNK decicded to try and put a stop to an American winning the tourny instead of a japanese fighter.Basically they took their Intern Kyo dressed him up in the outfit of his idol Shingo and then promptly marched him out and shoot a few ending sequances every year after Terry already won the tournament.

They covered it up quite well manufacturing this whole storyline where Nobody but the Kusanagi and Yagami clans could beat the enemy so nobody would even belive Terry had still been winning the tournies year after year.However Terry class act that he is has simply kept quiet about the whole thing year after prefering to win without fanfare

Meanwhiel Kyo proved to be incapable of carrying the series so SNK had had a "Replace Kyo in KOF" ocntest which caused Kyo look-alikes from acorss Japan to try out for the role.Unable to find anyone anywhere near capable having finacial problems and still reeling from an image theft lawsuit only settled when they put Shingo in the game they just marched them all out in a "Clone" storyline and have periodically replaced the manufactured main character while Terry continues to win year in year out

So basically Terry & Ken vs Ryu+The guy that mops floors and gets coffee for SNK employees just isnt fair.It COULD be a little more even if they made the team Ryu+Shingo or Ryu+Ryo though

CorderaMitchell
lol
you historian you.

Yosh
Ken is the american counterpart to Ryu, hes faster has a better shoryuken and can do that roll move, I'd say ken has a good chance of beating ryu.

dvampire
Originally posted by LeAtHerRFace
I dont think you know what your saying... why and how the hell would they fight in the game? MvC2, etc? it doesnt matter. Just as I said... the movies, comics, etc makes most of the story. (backbone)... without them, the SF is pretty much just another fighting game.

Clam down. Story in the games are cannon (not including Marvel since they aren't Capcom characters). They may not have the best story but they do have one. smile

SaTsuJiN
I think terry n ken would bust out some kind of co-op signature move.. like a shinryu-geyser.. or ken would do jinrai kyaku and terry would rising tackle on the other side for more hits. but I think it would come down to Ryu vs Terry in my opinion.. terry has too much heart to lose to kyo.. sick

LeAtHerRFace
Originally posted by Yosh
Ken is the american counterpart to Ryu, hes faster has a better shoryuken and can do that roll move, I'd say ken has a good chance of beating ryu.
well.. its your opinion.. but realisticly its completely impossible for Ken to beat Ryu.

LeAtHerRFace
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I think terry n ken would bust out some kind of co-op signature move.. like a shinryu-geyser.. or ken would do jinrai kyaku and terry would rising tackle on the other side for more hits. but I think it would come down to Ryu vs Terry in my opinion.. terry has too much heart to lose to kyo.. sick
Yes I agree with that. Terry does have too much heart.. and it seems like Kyo is not impossible to overcome. BUT, when it comes down to Ryu vs Terry, Ryu would win. He's just not the type of person to lose at all... watch SF Alpha the movie

EvilCap America
Yes I agree with that. Terry does have too much heart.. and it seems like Kyo is not impossible to overcome. BUT, when it comes down to Ryu vs Terry, Ryu would win. He's just not the type of person to lose at all... watch SF Alpha the movie

Terry vs Ryu always ends as god intended as a Double KO.Kyo doesnt have half the heart the other 3 do so the battle can logically only end with Ken standing burnt up and tired but mostly lonely sad

CorderaMitchell
hmmmmmm?

LeAtHerRFace
Originally posted by EvilCap America
Terry vs Ryu always ends as god intended as a Double KO.Kyo doesnt have half the heart the other 3 do so the battle can logically only end with Ken standing burnt up and tired but mostly lonely sad

laughing out loud Ken the last man standing? I dont think so roll eyes (sarcastic)

Isnt it the other way around? Kyo is SHINGO's idol?

EvilCap America
laughing out loud Ken the last man standing? I dont think so roll eyes (sarcastic)

Isnt it the other way around? Kyo is SHINGO's idol?

I belive ive explaied this in a previous post.Kyo is an SNK intern that has photo shoots where they pretend it wasent Terry that won each KOF tourny every year they even manufacuture a wrestlng type storyline where apparently only Kyo and his SO Iori can "Win".The onyl reason they dont fire Terry and open the field for a Japanese winner like they wanted is Terrys massive overwhelming popularity

Shingo is actually the original Kyo worshipped him throughout high school before landing his internship.Shingo sued because SNK stole his image so rather than face MORE finacial problems they simply let Shingo in the games and he dropped the suit.This explains his "Staring" roll in KOF 98: Dream Match andf why he became a member of ther Japan team

LeAtHerRFace
Not Ryu... Evil Ryu especially. Ryu is just someone that can't lose. Ryu has beaten Bison, Vega, Gouki, etc for christsakes. Terry cant beat Akuma. Ryu would easily beat the God of Mars.

Very interesting thanks

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by EvilCap America
I belive ive explaied this in a previous post.Kyo is an SNK intern that has photo shoots where they pretend it wasent Terry that won each KOF tourny every year they even manufacuture a wrestlng type storyline where apparently only Kyo and his SO Iori can "Win".The onyl reason they dont fire Terry and open the field for a Japanese winner like they wanted is Terrys massive overwhelming popularity

Shingo is actually the original Kyo worshipped him throughout high school before landing his internship.Shingo sued because SNK stole his image so rather than face MORE finacial problems they simply let Shingo in the games and he dropped the suit.This explains his "Staring" roll in KOF 98: Dream Match andf why he became a member of ther Japan team

did....you... o_o...make that all up?.....*cough*...

Dannyslr28
Ryu would beat both of them by himself

LeAtHerRFace
maybe

dvampire
Originally posted by Dannyslr28
Ryu would beat both of them by himself

No he can't. Ryu is good, but he can't take two skill MAs like Terry and Kyo at the same time. smile

CorderaMitchell
Maybe at full unlocked power but other than that hell no.

dvampire
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
Maybe at full unlocked power but other than that hell no.

Yeah at full power I think he's more powerful then both of them. smile

Thanks for the sig, this thing is tight! Where did you go to get this pic. cool

CorderaMitchell
yahoo, but I need to adjust, its a little blurry hold on a sec.

CorderaMitchell
Here try this it isn't so blurry.

Dannyslr28
Ryu would be the crap out of the both of them with the 3 hit shoryuken

dvampire
Originally posted by Dannyslr28
Ryu would be the crap out of the both of them with the 3 hit shoryuken

Yes the Shin-shoryuken is one of the most devastating attacks in fighting games. But Ryu is fighting two of the most powerful fighters from King of Fighters. Can beat them one on one but not both at the same time. smile

LeAtHerRFace
correction dude... its "Terry and Ken VS Kyo and Ryu"

dvampire
correction dude... its "Terry and Ken VS Kyo and Ryu"

Oops. embarrasment Well still Ken and Terry are powerful, Ryu can't take the both of them at the same time.

CorderaMitchell
Ken is close to ryu but still surpassed.

Kiske
I need to brush up on my Street Fighter so i can finalize my vote.

But Kyo is pretty damn weak.

Ken Terry can take out Kyo first and go for Ryu.

I dont know if Ryu can take both of them at a time, but Ryu is stronger than Ken, at least i know that. But I dont know about Terry.

LeAtHerRFace
Originally posted by Kiske
I need to brush up on my Street Fighter so i can finalize my vote.

But Kyo is pretty damn weak.

Ken Terry can take out Kyo first and go for Ryu.

I dont know if Ryu can take both of them at a time, but Ryu is stronger than Ken, at least i know that. But I dont know about Terry.

Well first of all... neither Ryu nor Kyo would just let their partner get pummeled by a 2v1 issue. Even if Ken and Terry DO take out Kyo, it won't be easy. They would atleast have light/severe damages which will give Ryu the advantage in a 2v1 scenerio(and Ryu 1on1 against any of them, Ryu would win)

Kiske
Simutaseously, Terry wont lose to Kyo, Terry cant beat Kyo really easily tho, theres still some matchup.

Ryu probably would beat Terry but not with ease either, none of the characters outmatch each other for a certain win so even with Ryu on Kyo's team, Ken/Terry would still win IMO.

What I was presuming before I figured Kyo was the weakest out of the 4 so i put my 2 cents on him dying first. Thus creating a 2v1 situation.

Ryu cant take out Ken or Terry that easily in the first place, so the 2v1 wont really be advantagious for Ryu. Even with injuries beforehand, i still think the overall power of Ken and Terry going against Ryu together will outmatch Ryu, IMO again.

Kiske
Simutaseously, Terry wont lose to Kyo, Terry cant beat Kyo really easily tho, theres still some matchup.

Ryu probably would beat Terry but not with ease either, none of the characters outmatch each other for a certain win so even with Ryu on Kyo's team, Ken/Terry would still win IMO.

What I was presuming before I figured Kyo was the weakest out of the 4 so i put my 2 cents on him dying first. Thus creating a 2v1 situation.

Ryu cant take out Ken or Terry that easily in the first place, so the 2v1 wont really be advantagious for Ryu. Even with injuries beforehand, i still think the overall power of Ken and Terry going against Ryu together will outmatch Ryu, IMO again.

(P.S
neither Ryu nor Kyo would just let their partner get pummeled by a 2v1 issue
I covered that up saying that Ryu cant take out Ken and Terry as easily as Ken and Terry cna take out Kyo, therefore creating a 2v1 once agian in this post. Even with disturbance during the gangbang Kyo wont really survive for as long as Ken and Terry will survive.)

LeAtHerRFace
Originally posted by Kiske

Terry vs Kyo = Terry survives fight with 41% health left. Match time, maybe about 22 minutes.

Ryu vs Kyo = Ryu survives fight with 66% health(if upgrade to Evil Ryu, health jumps to 100+ momentarily) in about 16minutes.

Times, ofcourse are not accurate, but gives a factual idea of Ryu finishing Ken off faster than Terry vs Kyo.

Therefore, Ryu is the dominant fighter. You even said that Ryu would beat Terry. Ofcourse not with ease, but Ryu wins handsdown.

brainchild81
Ken & Terry lose 'cause Terry sux! Kyo KOs Terry and then Ken is doubleteamed and beaten. Then Ken punches Terry in the face and his hat comes off.

CorderaMitchell
You are too funny.

brainchild81
Thanks. I've never thought too much of Terry and I've hated those Fatal Fury movies. Rock is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay cooler than Terry IMO.

CorderaMitchell
Rock, I like geese in the game, and God Rugal, Shin Akuma and Evil Ryu all the way!!

P-Geyser
Originally posted by brainchild81
Ken & Terry lose 'cause Terry sux! Kyo KOs Terry and then Ken is doubleteamed and beaten. Then Ken punches Terry in the face and his hat comes off.

I think Terry and Ken will win it. Oh yes I think Kyo sucks as well as Iori. When Terry and Ken win, they can both use a fire hose to put out Kyo's chickenshitflames.

And no way in HELLLLLLLLLL Rock Howard will be cooler than The Lone Wolf NEVER EVER!!!!

Sorry for that folks I am new here and I am a Terry fan and I get angry when people talk sh!t about the lone wolf.

Sonic x 20
I do agree as well. I do get very dissappointed when people talk about how bad a Fighter both Ryu and Terry are and they both are really Good. I even hate when someone says Ryu's Hadoken is crappy, stuff like that.

Hoshi
if ryu is fitghing after training with oro he could win against ken in about 2 minutes or less, he could do it almost as the same speed akuma did it.And then he would help kyo.

Sonic x 20
Will he be Maxed Out Ryu after his training with Oro and surely Oro will show his True Power and use both arms this time.

peejayd
* i just think that Ken & Terry can have a good rapport with each other, compared to the Ryu-Kyo tandem.

SaTsuJiN
bleh.. sticking terry with ken isnt helping terry much.. although.. considering kyo's on the other team, I think it would wind up being terry n ken vs ryu

Sonic x 20
Hmmmm...... Ken loves to fight Fast in his battles.

LeAtHerRFace
ryu = rape all...lol

brainchild81
Originally posted by P-Geyser
I think Terry and Ken will win it. Oh yes I think Kyo sucks as well as Iori. When Terry and Ken win, they can both use a fire hose to put out Kyo's chickenshitflames.

And no way in HELLLLLLLLLL Rock Howard will be cooler than The Lone Wolf NEVER EVER!!!!

Sorry for that folks I am new here and I am a Terry fan and I get angry when people talk sh!t about the lone wolf. Relax. It's not that serious. Kyo, Iori, and eventually Rock all pushed Terry out of the spotlight for a reason. They are all more intresting and cooler than he is. Period.

Sonic x 20
Relax. It's not that serious. Kyo, Iori, and eventually Rock all pushed Terry out of the spotlight for a reason. They are all more intresting and cooler than he is. Period.

I guess that's the reason, but Terry will always remain one of the Best and Most Popular Fighters ever just like Ryu, Ken, and Kyo. big grin big grin cool cool

P-Geyser
Relax. It's not that serious. Kyo, Iori, and eventually Rock all pushed Terry out of the spotlight for a reason. They are all more intresting and cooler than he is. Period.

Thats the biggest bullshit if I ever heard of Kyo and Iori sux and Rock will never be interesting than the lone wolf ever

Darkstorm Zero
All I can say is chill guys, P-man, you get flustered way to easily when it comes to Terry dude... and please don't force your opponion of "Kyo Sux" over the top of everyone elses oppinions... thats not a good thing to do.

Now, back on topic, This mach is a very good one, in the end though it's esentially Terry vs Ryu again, since Kyo and Ken would probably be the first ones to fall on either team, I am still leaning slightly to Ryu, for Ryu is still more dedicated to fighting than Terry is... No matter how much you can do on the streets of one city, even one as dangerous as Southtown, you simply cannot catch up to a guy who travels the world, seeking the very best fighters to challenge. The world is far more vast and offers more than one city could possibly provide.

I know Terry started traveling LATER, but Ryu's been doing that since the beginning of SF1 when he was still learning.

P-Geyser
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
All I can say is chill guys, P-man, you get flustered way to easily when it comes to Terry dude... and please don't force your opponion of "Kyo Sux" over the top of everyone elses oppinions... thats not a good thing to do.

Now, back on topic, This mach is a very good one, in the end though it's esentially Terry vs Ryu again, since Kyo and Ken would probably be the first ones to fall on either team, I am still leaning slightly to Ryu, for Ryu is still more dedicated to fighting than Terry is... No matter how much you can do on the streets of one city, even one as dangerous as Southtown, you simply cannot catch up to a guy who travels the world, seeking the very best fighters to challenge. The world is far more vast and offers more than one city could possibly provide.

I know Terry started traveling LATER, but Ryu's been doing that since the beginning of SF1 when he was still learning.

Okay my fault but I mean I have been hearing Terry sucks on this board and I try to defend the lone wolf just as people would defend Ryu and any other character thats all.

Ok back on topic I see what you are getting at but a couple of things which I already mentioned on the Terry-Ryu debate. Terry is just as deticated as Ryu. Yes Terry did get his fighting knowlege from southtown fighting in the one on one tournaments and on the streets but he has also traveled fighting stronger opponents not just in southtown but In the KOF worldwide tournaments...the only problem is that it a three man team event but Terry has been traveling fighting strong opponents not just in Southtown and The KOF tournaments also he travels the globe...although not as much as Ryu.

As you said Ryu did start off by traveling first but Terry started off training in life or death situations that Ryu has not. I think personally it will go back and fourth and Hoshi hit it on the nail when he said that Terry and Ryu would most likley be fighting hand to hand feet to feet technique instead of using their powers.

P-Geyser
Also I think Ken gets put down to much. I believe in my heart Ken would crush Kyo. I think even Hoshi said that Ken is almost to Ryu in terms of technique...not sure though.

Hoshi
Also I think Ken gets put down to much. I believe in my heart Ken would crush Kyo. I think even Hoshi said that Ken is almost to Ryu in terms of technique...not sure though.

well you are right about what you said , in tech terms ryu and ken are almost equals , and if ryu doesnt fight ken as he fight akuma he could even lose , but it is the same thing for terry and kyo , if you see in capcom vs snk you will see that kyo and terry both respect each other as a strong oponent , and the fact about fighting only with their martial arts skills would help ryu and kyo win the fight , since as many other guys had already said , ryu has a lot more exp than terry or ken

P-Geyser
well you are right about what you said , in tech terms ryu and ken are almost equals , and if ryu doesnt fight ken as he fight akuma he could even lose , but it is the same thing for terry and kyo , if you see in capcom vs snk you will see that kyo and terry both respect each other as a strong oponent , and the fact about fighting only with their martial arts skills would help ryu and kyo win the fight , since as many other guys had already said , ryu has a lot more exp than terry or ken

Hmmm...well a couple of things Ryu may be older than Terry yes but Terry got his experince at a younger age than Ryu so I think the experince is an equal factor.

As far as Kyo goes all three Terry,Ryu and Ken have way more experince than Kyo because it's a fact they take their martial arts seriously if you see Kyo's profile on alot of sites, it states he is very lazy.

I think if start's out with Ken and Kyo Ken would win. Then if Ken fights Ryu, he would most likely lose but give Ryu are very close fight. Now that leaves Terry and Ryu and after fighting Ken, I think Ryu will still have enough to fight Terry but in the end personally I think it will be a double KO or Terry winning.

peejayd
* Ken got more potential than Ryu... Ryu is just too dedicated... even so, Ken still equalled Ryu... with a certain amount of push, Ken can beat Ryu...

* Terry beats Kyo, hands down...

* and in the Alpha movie, if ever Ryu cannot control his evil side, Ken is the only chance of redeeming him, and i cannot think of no one else...

Darkstorm Zero
Ken has more potential than Ryu?

2 things to counter that, #1: ken has never had the Satsui No hadou, therefore he's not strong enough for it yet. Ryu surpassed it a long time ago. #2: Ken has never defeated Akuma, not once, Ryu's done it twice.

brainchild81
Originally posted by peejayd
* Ken got more potential than Ryu... Ryu is just too dedicated... even so, Ken still equalled Ryu... with a certain amount of push, Ken can beat Ryu...

* Terry beats Kyo, hands down...

* and in the Alpha movie, if ever Ryu cannot control his evil side, Ken is the only chance of redeeming him, and i cannot think of no one else... I agree w/everything but Terry beating Kyo. If Ken fights Kyo, he'd win, but by that time Ryu'd already beat Terry. If Ryu decided not to double team Ken, Ken'd still be a little bit worse off than Ryu is by the time Ken finished Kyo off. Ken's still losing in this situation. Ken & Iori'd been a better team to fight IMO

peejayd
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Ken has more potential than Ryu?

2 things to counter that, #1: ken has never had the Satsui No hadou, therefore he's not strong enough for it yet. Ryu surpassed it a long time ago. #2: Ken has never defeated Akuma, not once, Ryu's done it twice.

* hmm, i just don't want to go there...

* so, you are saying, to become the best or the strongest fighter, you have to be urged by evil intent? as a sort of graduation for being strong... hell no.

* Gouken (Akuma's brother & Ken's sensei) is considered the best fighter in his time... and he rejected the evil intent, so there were no urges that came to him...

* i think otherwise... i think Ryu is too weak to be overcome by the dark urge... the only possible link is that: Ryu and Akuma are somehow related biologically...

* it clears up that Ken's heart or mind is purer than that of Ryu's...

* and oh, correct me if i'm wrong... this is only my opinion...

Hoshi
no , you are wrong , in the alpha movies it was very clear that akuma and ryu arent biological related.Ryus mind is a lote purer than ken , that is why he has the dark hadou inside him , they say in japan that a person who is very pure is more vulnerable to dark influence.Ryu already resisted the dark hadou, he repeled it and has became stronger.But ryu never defeated akuma in real darkstrom zero , the max ryu could do was defating a tired and not full potential akuma.

Hoshi
Hmmm...well a couple of things Ryu may be older than Terry yes but Terry got his experince at a younger age than Ryu so I think the experince is an equal factor.

As far as Kyo goes all three Terry,Ryu and Ken have way more experince than Kyo because it's a fact they take their martial arts seriously if you see Kyo's profile on alot of sites, it states he is very lazy.

I think if start's out with Ken and Kyo Ken would win. Then if Ken fights Ryu, he would most likely lose but give Ryu are very close fight. Now that leaves Terry and Ryu and after fighting Ken, I think Ryu will still have enough to fight Terry but in the end personally I think it will be a double KO or Terry winning.

in fact ryu started training the ansatsuken before terry , he started since the day he was born , he is an orphan that didnt even know his parents face , and the only thing he does in life since 2 or evn 1 year old is train.Exp is a factor in ryus side.And if terry and kyo fight , kyo would at least make terry as tired as ryu from fighting ken.

P-Geyser
in fact ryu started training the ansatsuken before terry , he started since the day he was born , he is an orphan that didnt even know his parents face , and the only thing he does in life since 2 or evn 1 year old is train.Exp is a factor in ryus side.And if terry and kyo fight , kyo would at least make terry as tired as ryu from fighting ken.

Dude Terry was an orphan to bro he has yet to know his real parents. He was lucky to find a father figure in Jeff Bogard and that was taking from him. I am still trying to understand because you say Ryu has more experience than Terry because he is older and started training first BUT you also said that Kyo can beat Terry which Terry has got more experience than Kusanagi. Training at 1 years old? thats hilarious.

I disagree about Terry losing to Kyo...Bogard beats his ass and if Terry were to fight Kyo I can honestly say that he may have a fight but nothing like it woul be after Ryu fighting Ken.

Darkstorm Zero
* hmm, i just don't want to go there...

* so, you are saying, to become the best or the strongest fighter, you have to be urged by evil intent? as a sort of graduation for being strong... hell no.

Not exactly, Ryu only ever became fully posessed ONCE during the entire SF Canon storyline, and it was when Ryu gave that Metsu Shoryuken to Sagat in SF1, causing the scar. Ryu OVERCAME the Evil Intent, and has become much stronger because he resisted it, in a way, it is a test of will that all practitioners of Ansatsuken must overcome, Akuma failed and thats why he's consumed by it.

Now consider this, Ryu's Satsui No Hadou manifested itself naturally within him, even though Ryu NEVER learned the killing arts of Ansatsuken (Because Gouken never taught his students these arts, beleiving them to lead down the same road his brother Akuma followed.)

* Gouken (Akuma's brother & Ken's sensei) is considered the best fighter in his time... and he rejected the evil intent, so there were no urges that came to him...

Yes, thats true, however, let me remind you that Gouken fell to Akuma. And beleive me, Gouken would have had the urges earlier in his life, just like Akuma did. Ryu's urges however, where natural and therefore more primal.

* i think otherwise... i think Ryu is too weak to be overcome by the dark urge... the only possible link is that: Ryu and Akuma are somehow related biologically...

Ah, but Ryu did overcome the Dark Hadou, it only ever really manifested itself once for like 2 seconds (During that Metsu Shoryuken that scarred Sagat) And because he overcame it, he was able to hang with the likes of Akuma and stand a decent chance of winning.

* it clears up that Ken's heart or mind is purer than that of Ryu's...

It's not a matter of purity, the Satsui No Hadou is more or less the latent desire of the mind during battle, in Ryu's case in SF1, it was "I Must win, at any cost" This train of thought brought up the Satsui No Hadou in Ryu that powered his Metsu Shoryuken.

Ken has yet to experience a real battle that he felt he must win at any and all costs, even to the extent of killing his opponent to do so. Ryu and Ken never fought to kill, but in Sagat's case, Ryu was, for that one instant, prepared to kill Sagat to win the fight. Hence, the reason they call it "Killing Intent".

Deus Ex
Correct. Killing intent is a more proper translation than "Evil intent."

And keep in mind that Akuma realized that Ryu had subdued and beaten the Satsui no Hado and still thought him a worthy adversary. No doubt they will clash soon in the future and it will be titanic.

Darkstorm Zero
Indeed, ever since SFA2, Akuma has been waiting for Ryu's power to truly manifest itself and come full circle. Once he has, Akuma knows that Ryu is perhaps the only one that can match him without succumbing to the Killing intent, and this is a major reason why alot of people here argue that Ryu's unseen potential is truly great, as it would have to be to stand up to Akuma's power.

Deus Ex
Well, Akuma as of SFA 2 (Some two years before SFA 3 and even longer before SF 2) could floor an entire island with his power (Although whether or not he did this hasn't been officially confirmed. The cave in SFA 3 might or might not be from his island) I can only imagine how rough the final battle will be.

Darkstorm Zero
It did happen, that cave in SFA3 isn't Goukentou, that I can tell you for sure. There's too much of the story relying on that one event to dismiss it

Deus Ex
Why do you say that now?

Darkstorm Zero
As I said, too many events in that ending hook up the rest of the alpha storyline, Kens win against Ryu for example, the only reason Ryu lost that fight was because he was thinking about what happened with Akuma

Deus Ex
True.

I think it's interesting that Ken was equal with Ryu up until SF II despite being trained for less time, spending less time on the ideal of self perfection, and having a life and eventually sons!

Darkstorm Zero
I think they didn't want to undermine Ken's skill despite there being no real logical reason for Ken to be anywhere near Ryu in terms of fighting skills... which is understandable...

Deus Ex
More like they didn't want to suddenly make Ken weaker (Considering that in SF 2 the original make, they were virtually identical) even though logic would dictate he was.

But since we have to take SF canon at face value, this means that Ken is potentially stronger than Ryu (Or a quicker learner) with less training and experience.

Darkstorm Zero
Well, in a way, Ken mastered different areas of Ansatsuken... Ken's Shoryuken technique is virtually flawless, (Storyline speaking of course)

Whereas Ryu has evenly trained in his art, making all of his moves effective in battle. IMO, Ken, although quick and has an effective Shoryuken, is still downgraded when compared to Ryu, Ryu can handle taking more hits than Ken, and all of his movesa, while not multihitters like Ken's, do pretty effective damage.

In other words, Ken's flashy, Ryu is efficient.

Deus Ex
Indeed, but it's a matter of taste, not neccessarily power. Ken has the potential to be efficient just the same as Ryu could be flashy. For most intents and purposes, however, there is no clear one over the other.

Darkstorm Zero
I grant you that wink

Hoshi
Originally posted by Deus Ex
More like they didn't want to suddenly make Ken weaker (Considering that in SF 2 the original make, they were virtually identical) even though logic would dictate he was.

But since we have to take SF canon at face value, this means that Ken is potentially stronger than Ryu (Or a quicker learner) with less training and experience.
its just like the same with kyo and terry , although kyo doesnt train much he is a way faster learner.

Deus Ex
But that doesn't neccessarily preclude that Ryu can top off much higher than Ken can. After all, Ryu practices all the time.

Sonic x 20
Since Ken and Kyo are the Quicker Learners, they should be the real rivals and Ryu and Terry should be the real rivals also since they both equal each other, am I right? big grin big grin cool cool

shin_remy
Darkstorm you told mutch about the story but ONE thing is wrong and that is that Akuma didn't reject the dark hadou!!!

THIS IS THE REAL THING ABOUT AKUMA HOW HE BECAME THIS WAY

AND THE RANKING DONE IN JAPAN :

Master Goutetsu taught his young sons, Akuma and Gouken the ways of the Shotokan Arts in Shotokan Dojo. Akuma was warned by Gouken and their ancestors not to use the forbidden techniques. Akuma thought his ancestors were foolish not to use these powerfull attacks that can unleash massive destruction. Of course Akuma didn't pay attention to them. One day he learned that ''Dark Hadou'' a dark energy existed within him. He was influenced to ALLOW AND CONSUME HIM, thus causing physical changes in his appearance. He later masterd the ''Shun Goku Satsu'' and killed his father, Goutetsu, Gouken saw it and fled and rebuilt the Shotokan Dojo somewhere else. There he taught hes pupils who were interested in learning the Shotokan Arts. His students , Dan, Ryu, Ken. Dan was kicked out the dojo due the fact that he was very inpatient and was fighting for all the wrong reasons. Dan's incomplete training is the reason why his moves are ineffective. Gouken focused on his trainig with Ryu and Ken. Both had great fighting potential and was deemed equal. Akuma spend years of searching for his brother Gouken, and was able to locate him after a while. They fought each other, but Gouken was outclassed by Akuma Messatsu techniques. Akuma slayed Gouken to protect his secret techniques from being revealed to the world. He later searched for a worrior named Gen, sice he was taught by his good freind Gouken. Akuma and Gen where equal but it was the age that weakend Gen. Akuma speared his life due the fact that Akuma believed that he will reveal the technique to anyone and cause he was ill. Gen met his demise a few moths later due to an illnes after the fight. NOW AKUMA SEEKS ONE OF GOUKEN'S STUDENTS THAT HE DEEMS WORTHY................AND................................
NOW RYU AND KEN TRAINS HARDER TO SOMEDAY CONFRONT THE ONE WHO MURDERD THEIR MASTER IN FRONT OF THEM!!!

shin_remy
RANKINGS :

NOTE I DIDN'T MAKE THE TIERS MYSELF, Capcom did in fact publish and ranked in Japan!!

class 1 : AKUMA, Oro, Gill,
Akuma and gill should be obvious to the majorty. However, oro might have surprised you a bit. After the Dark Hadou consumed Akuma his powers boosed immensely. To top it all he's been training ever since. It's no wonder he can destroy Islands and Mountains in Alpha. Gill has the most interesting combination of powers. He can manipulate ice and fire and not to mention his boss status in SF3. And Oro wasn't even trying to defeat ryu in the tournament of SF3, since he was handicapped

Class 2 : Bison, Evil Ryu, Ryu, Q and Sagat

Capcom hinted that Q is quite powerfull, however, not mutch is know about this character. He's suppose to be one of the ''mysterious'' characters in the series. Bison should have been higher, but since his Psycho Drive was destroyed, his powers were greatly depleted.

Class 3 : Ken, Charlie, Gen, Rose and Urien

Ken is a little out of focused, due the fact that he has a family to take care of and Ryu has all the time of the world to train. Charlie is said to be a very powerfull fighter that was never given the oppertunity to reach his full potential. Rose can be compared to a toned down Bison and Urien to a down Gill. Gen is a very powerfull character and i shouldn't even have to explain it, you should know by now! Back in the Alpha series Gen was as strong as Akuma, it's just that his age weakend him greatly

MUST I GO ON WITH THE CLASSES???? KEN SHOULD BE ABLE TO DEFEAT SAGAT AND Q..........I DON'T KNOW HE IS OUT OF FOCUS( A SAD LIST HAmessed )

shin_remy
Class 4 : Chun Li, Guile, Hugo and Vega

Guile stopped training after the Lpha series and Chun Li hasn't been training mutch either.... So that explains why they were ranked lower than they were supposed to. And Vega is a highly skilled fighter that is second only to Bison in the Shadowlaw Organization. Hugo on the other hand, survived one of Ryu's most powerfull techniques called ''Shin Shoryuken'', He must be tough to survived it without being knocked out!

Class 5 : Alex, Adon, Balrog, Cammy, Cody, Dhalsim, Guy, Sakura, Thunder Hawk and Zangief

You might notice that most of the street fighter 3 characters didn't make the cut.... You might also be wondering why Alex is lower than Ryu even though Alex defeated him in the tournament..This is because Ryu lost to Oro, and Oro didn't show up to the match with Alex. So his victory was marely a fluke. Sakura can easily be in a higher class with proper training. She can manipulate her Ki on a high level vack in the Alpha Series and learned Ryu's figting style by just watching!! Imagine how poerfull she would be if she had a real trainer. Guy is a Bushin Master and Cammy is a top assassin. Everyone else is self-explanatory I guess.

Wel This were the rankings. I know that ryu has beat opponents that were higher then him same as for ken messed they should have been in the same class!!

questions come to me wink

shin_remy
WELL NOBODY ANSWERS ANYMORE I GAVE WHAT YOU WANTED IGAVE YOU PROOF AND THIS IS OFFICIAL.... WEL DOES ANYBODY SAY SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shin_remy
HELLO ?

shin_remy
*gaap*

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by shin_remy
Darkstorm you told mutch about the story but ONE thing is wrong and that is that Akuma didn't reject the dark hadou!!!

THIS IS THE REAL THING ABOUT AKUMA HOW HE BECAME THIS WAY

AND THE RANKING DONE IN JAPAN :

Master Goutetsu taught his young sons, Akuma and Gouken the ways of the Shotokan Arts in Shotokan Dojo. Akuma was warned by Gouken and their ancestors not to use the forbidden techniques. Akuma thought his ancestors were foolish not to use these powerfull attacks that can unleash massive destruction. Of course Akuma didn't pay attention to them. One day he learned that ''Dark Hadou'' a dark energy existed within him. He was influenced to ALLOW AND CONSUME HIM, thus causing physical changes in his appearance. He later masterd the ''Shun Goku Satsu'' and killed his father, Goutetsu, Gouken saw it and fled and rebuilt the Shotokan Dojo somewhere else. There he taught hes pupils who were interested in learning the Shotokan Arts. His students , Dan, Ryu, Ken. Dan was kicked out the dojo due the fact that he was very inpatient and was fighting for all the wrong reasons. Dan's incomplete training is the reason why his moves are ineffective. Gouken focused on his trainig with Ryu and Ken. Both had great fighting potential and was deemed equal. Akuma spend years of searching for his brother Gouken, and was able to locate him after a while. They fought each other, but Gouken was outclassed by Akuma Messatsu techniques. Akuma slayed Gouken to protect his secret techniques from being revealed to the world. He later searched for a worrior named Gen, sice he was taught by his good freind Gouken. Akuma and Gen where equal but it was the age that weakend Gen. Akuma speared his life due the fact that Akuma believed that he will reveal the technique to anyone and cause he was ill. Gen met his demise a few moths later due to an illnes after the fight. NOW AKUMA SEEKS ONE OF GOUKEN'S STUDENTS THAT HE DEEMS WORTHY................AND................................
NOW RYU AND KEN TRAINS HARDER TO SOMEDAY CONFRONT THE ONE WHO MURDERD THEIR MASTER IN FRONT OF THEM!!!

Shin, take a chill pill and calm down, in case you havn't noticed I'm not online every day.

Now please point out where I said Akuma rejected the Dark Hadou? I said Ryu Rejected it... confused

I also know Akuma's storyline; Gotetsu was not his father, but his teacher... Gouken was his brother... they practiced Ansatsuken, Shotokan was a mistranslation by Capcom of America, as was Akuma's name (Hence the whole Demonic Posession Storyline which was not what Capcom of Japan intended).

The Messatsu Techniques you reffer to where indeed forbidden techniques in the Ansatsuken arts. Gotetsu knew them, but did not teach either of his students, Akuma learned them by finding the the ancient scrolls of the techniques and learned them behind Gotetsu's back.

We all know about the sidestory with Dan...

Akuma seeks Ryu because he seeks his own death in battle, and he beleives that Ryu is the only one capable of killing him in battle.

Thats basically an abreviated version of events.

shin_remy
@ Darkstorm : Akuma failed and thats why he's consumed by it.

he let it consume!!

well you have seen the rankings, are you dissapointed? ( i am )

Darkstorm Zero
@ Darkstorm : Akuma failed and thats why he's consumed by it.

he let it consume!!

well you have seen the rankings, are you dissapointed? ( i am )

And I ask again, where did I dispute that Akuma had been consumed by the Dark Hadou?

The answer is I said no such thing, please refrain from putting words in my mouth, thats one of the top 3 things likely to infuriate people...

shin_remy
ja leuk

how about the rankings?? are you dissapointed

Darkstorm Zero
ja leuk

how about the rankings?? are you dissapointed

Meh... i've seen rankings before that have been claimed as official. I've also seen rankings based on people's personal oppinions, and they don't alter much.

I've nothing to be dissapointed over, I never tully trust rankings and tiers anyways stick out tongue

shin_remy
OMG so in other owrds you don't believe me

thars fine it doesn't bother me but this is realy official but the list is old and people make foolish topics but if they see this they must think twice before they make a topic with cody versus vega messed

and one thing to you :

you don't know who i am so **** yourself if you don't believe me

you are probly 15 or something, you THINK you know a lot about sf but youre in fact a ******* moran

i will never return to this forum this niveay is WAAAAAY too low

greetz remy

peejayd
Class 3 : Ken, Charlie, Gen, Rose and Urien

Ken is a little out of focused, due the fact that he has a family to take care of and Ryu has all the time of the world to train.

MUST I GO ON WITH THE CLASSES???? KEN SHOULD BE ABLE TO DEFEAT SAGAT AND Q..........I DON'T KNOW HE IS OUT OF FOCUS( A SAD LIST HAmessed )

* so Ken should respectedy be on class 2, given a decent time to train himself, and IMO still Ken has this potential to be better... wink

Darkstorm Zero
OMG so in other owrds you don't believe me

thars fine it doesn't bother me but this is realy official but the list is old and people make foolish topics but if they see this they must think twice before they make a topic with cody versus vega messed

and one thing to you :

you don't know who i am so **** yourself if you don't believe me

you are probly 15 or something, you THINK you know a lot about sf but youre in fact a ******* moran

i will never return to this forum this niveay is WAAAAAY too low

greetz remy

Firstly, I never stated that I don't beleive you, secondly you've attempted a foolish insult in the hopes of stirring me up to cover your own stubbord fanboyishness Shin Remy, a pretty $h!tty attempt at that.

If you actually recalled what I said, it's that I've seen Rankings before, many many times before. I didn't say thet I think yours only reflects your personal oppinion or that it was a fake, again, another example of you putting words in my mouth.

Secondly, no I don't know you personally, and with that kind of childish attitude I don't care to either...

For some rabit SF Fanboy, who either has alot of Typos, or simply cannot spell, you have no room to guess my age, oh, and I'm about 10 years older than that smile

Your trying to guess my knowlege of streetfighter in the same breath too? my my, taking a lot of liberties with what you know of me arn't you?

So your saying that you'll never return to these forums because the fact that people are arguing against your points and providing proof without forcing it down your throat the way you try and do to every one else? right... well i can't say I'd lose too much sleep over that...

Gouki
Oh, man, I knew ever since the first time I saw shin_remy post and what he knows, and what you know, that you guys would fight.
Too bad, it had to be like this.

Darkstorm Zero
I didn't want to fight with him (In fact I never said a negative thing about him), but he's always got to be right, and he always forces his oppinion in the face of everyone else. Nobody needs that...

Gouki
Right, right.

2D_MASTER
Ok this would be a tough one, Intiallly I would say Ryu and Kyo BUT ....Judging by the fact that Ryu and Kyo have bad blood between each other, they probably would'nt work well as a team. Want evidence? play CVS , Kyo taunts Ryu by throwing a flame in his face. I will admitt that Ken probably is weaker than Ryu, BUT NOT BY MUCH, people should Realize that. Kyo may be tougher than Terry, but other soruces such as cards fighters say that Terry is stronger than kyo. So IF Terry is cannonically weaker that Kyo, he too is weaker NOT BY MUCH. Now, look at Terry and Ken, in CVS2 they seem like good buds, Terry drops his hat, Ken pick it up for him, in SVC they even joke about how similiar they are. As oppsossed to Ryu and Kyo talking smack to each other. Now I think Ryu could put aside the past, but Kyo is a arrogant little prick, and probably wouldnt follow Ryu's advice.. thinking he is the sh@t. Because of this I think Terry and Ken would have a chance, and Ryu and Kyo would get some awesome competetion. One more thing, god there are so many effing fanboys , in favor of Ryu, you guys should grow up and stop crying when people say it is POSSIBLE for him to lose, as he has done before. f#ck, goddam cry babies!

carrotgl4z3
Ill go for waaa it's hard to deside. but it should SNK VS CAPCOM EX. Ryu
& ken vs Terry & kyo this should be. ok i dont have any choice. Ill pick for a Draw why? that's my opinion. hehehe

shin_remy
2d master has right i have never really looked true his eyes, it is about teamwork and the character itself!! Kyo is indeed a arrogant little prick ,

it will be draw or the team of ken and terry wins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.