Why didn't Yoda and Obi-Wan come to Courscant after Padme died and kill the sith?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Darkstar
Why didn't Yoda and Obi-Wan come to Courscant after Padme died and kill the sith?
It is clear that Obi-Wan is superior to Vader and could have dealt with him and Yoda could probably beat Sids in a re-match. He was at a disadvantage due to where they were fighting.
Also, they could have gone in the Tantive IV and made it right to the senate building. Then they wouldn't have had that far to go and the clones wouldn't have been prepared. We see in RotS when Yoda and Obi return to the jedi temple they can easily dominate the clones left over, so probably 100+, they could have dealt with the people in the senate building as well and taken out the sith and the empire before it got started.

Any thoughts? (besides the fact that it would ruin the movies)

The Ones
well. i dont know about my thoery but if they take out lots of clones at 1 time, wont obi be exausted or something.

anyway i had a really good argument to say no but its gone...damn it

Lord Darkstar
I don't think he'd be that tired, he and Anakin fought there way through Grevious' ship and weren't tired, then he was ready to fight Dooku, after that he fought part of the way out (after becoming concious again), after this he was ready to fight Grevious and killed several Magna guards. So no, I don't think he'd so tired that he couldn't beat a crippled Vader

Darth Plagues
It wasn't their desiny. They had a more important mission to do...protect the Skywalker twins. The twins were the only hope for the Sith to be destroyed.

Lord Darkstar
yes, but if the jedi decided that the prophecy was read wrong, and why were the twins the only hope? Like I said, the two jedi could have dealt with it. So I guess what I am asking is, Yoda vs Sidious and Obi-Wan vs Vader (in suit, but still in shape with his fighting experience). So why didn't the jedi do that?

Darth_Nefarus
Maybe they didn't go back because of the thousands and thousands of troops surrounding Sidious and Vader.
Just a maybe though...

Darth Plagues
It wasn't their destiny to destroy the Sith. They had to protect the twins, so they could defeat the Sith...

Darth_Nefarus
Well that and the armies that stood in their way. I know they're both really talented, but they couldn't have gotten through all of the clones on Coruscant and even if they did, they'd be too exhausted to face the Sith

Darth Plagues
This is true to...

Lord Darkstar
But like I said earlier they could have gone in the Tantive IV and made it right to the senate building. Then they wouldn't have had that far to go and the clones wouldn't have been prepared. We see in RotS when Yoda and Obi return to the jedi temple they can easily dominate the clones left over, so probably 100+.
And I don't think they'd be that tired, Obi and Anakin fought there way through Grevious' ship and weren't tired, then Obi was ready to fight Dooku, after that he fought part of the way out (after becoming concious again), after this he was ready to fight Grevious and killed several Magna guards.

So I think they could make it to the sith

Darth Plagues
But then we come back to it contradicting woth it wasn't their destiny.

Fishy
Three reasons

1.) There were a shit load of clones around now ready to protect Palpatine, and not just a shit load of clones a lot of other people as well. They would have to break through thousands of troops not just a few at the Jedi Temple. If they would survive then they would face Palpatine or Vader and they are tired. Or at least more so, probably wounded.

2.) Political problems, if Yoda would have killed Palpatine before he made his speech the problems wouldn't really be there he could go to the Senate and start the diplomatic process explain everything from their point of view. But Sidious now ruled the empire and not by an iron fist not yet at least. If Yoda and Obi would manage to break through thousands of troops who are all shooting at them at once then kill the leader of the Empire and then manage to escape they would be hunted down for the rest of their live. And the Empire would still come, just not leaded by a Sith... Well probably not.

3.) Palpatine and Vader are often not together, Imagine what would happen if they each went to face one or decided to take them out one by one. If only one of them died or one of the missions failed they would have made the survivor so powerful politically speaking that even the rebellion would fall purely because of sympathy.

Overall the chances that they would succeed were a lot smaller, and the result would be so bad, that waiting presented certain advantages.

Jack Daniels
all that and the possibility that the jedi could become extinct if they died and then noone to pass on the teachings to Luke...Luke would have just thought of his abilities as gamblers luck...lol...he would have met up with han solo beat him at cards won the falcon become a smuggler for jabba the gut...hehe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.