Who can beat Namor, the Sub-Mariner, under Water?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Betageuze
who can beat him under water ?

WOLVERINEFAN
thanos, aquaman, godzilla, a jedi

jrodslam
Well There are some who could. Like cosmic being level.

So far underwater Namor has beaten....(Comics I own)

Abomination
Thing
Hulk
Dr.Doom
Hercules (slight advantage over Hercules, but fight was stopped)

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by WOLVERINEFAN
thanos, aquaman, godzilla, a jedi

A JEDI?! What the f**k?

WOLVERINEFAN
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
A JEDI?! What the f**k?

a jedi can swim

DarkCrawler
And...how do you think that a Jedi can beat Namor?

By swimming?

TOUGHUS GUYSUS
hulk could if he was written gaininh a higher end of his limitless strength underwater

Spawnrules
spongebob kicks all there asses

DrDoom101
Originally posted by Spawnrules
spongebob kicks all there asses

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing laughing

Spawnrules
no body can mess with sponge bob

DrDoom101
did anybody watch that one episode when he was abosring punches from this flat fish dude?

Spawnrules
he so spongey that they cant hurt him

Spawnrules
so its settled spongebob defeats all of them

Creshosk
Iceman. . .

what?

Why are you staring at me?

Spawnrules
huh???

Khellendros
That's not fair guys Spongebob is Skyfather level at least!!!

Creshosk
Originally posted by Khellendros
That's not fair guys Spongebob is Skyfather level at least!!!
He's not very strong, and he's not very bright, but spongebob is certainly someone I wouldn't wish to fight.

and now here written in white: Cause Creshosk would fry him, with his flame thrower's light.

jgiant
WTF spongebob, he got ripped in half by a guy in a gorilla suit...though that could have been LT behind that mask...

jollyjim311
kit fisto the nautolan jedi whose lightsaber is specially made so it works underwater.

jollyjim311
and by the way spongebob is a master of karate and practically invincible.

Creshosk
Originally posted by jollyjim311
and by the way spongebob is a master of karate and practically invincible. He has a weakness to heat. And he's not very strong. . he tries to lift something too heavy for him and he rips his arms off. . .

wolverine8888
lol

wolverine8888
for real the tiger shark probly could

olympian
Aquaman has exactly the powerset to deal with him underwater even he isent cl 100.

Tp and magic with practically cl 70/80 are good to get the win.

"for real the tiger shark probly could"

Nah he always ends up losing. Hes not as strong or fast.

Even Hercules once said he wasent worthy to bath Namor`s feet while beating him.

jrodslam
Well Aquaman COULD beat Namor, but id give Namor the win more times than not. Why? In JLA/Avengers, Aquamans telepathy blast only gave Namor a headache. Aquaman didnt even take part in the battle. He was hidden in the background while the others were fighting. This gives me the indication that hed have to focus alot in order to fully knock Namor out. And if he wasnt even in battle in the crossover, i tend to believe that in battle with Namor, he wouldnt have the chance to get off a successful attack to put him down.

Is Namor able to use his sacred armor? That grants him a very high degre of resistance to magic attacks being that the armor is magical itself.

And Tiger Shark is strong indeed. Hes easily cl 70-75. And fast as well. Just not stronger or faster than Namor. But then again not too many people in water are faster and stronger than Namor. Tiger Shark is also the most rutheless enemy Namor has ever had imo. That alone would give him an edge over many.

And underwater Namor has stalemated Surfer for a brief time.

olympian
"In JLA/Avengers, Aquamans telepathy blast only gave Namor a headache. Aquaman didnt even take part in the battle. He was hidden in the background while the others were fighting."

Dont agree. He took part of the fight inderectly using an ability the others a) didnt cared to use or b) couldnt use.

Checked what Namor and Aquaman say after the tp blast. Aquaman was aiming to every villain in that small area where they wer figthing. Not to just one person.

Namor half human heritage was what kept him from getting ko, against a blast that wasent aiming at - him -

jrodslam
Seems we see differently here olympian.

During the battle the only "ocean life" that was fighting for good was Namor and Marrina. All the other heroes were Plasticman, Beast, Steel, and some lady in green and yellow. All human.

If you notice in the panel, all of them were active in battle EXCEPT Aquaman.

And Aquaman didnt aim for only the villians. He let out a broad blast of tp. If he was aiming for every villain, why was Marrina knocked out? Why did Namor get a headache? If Namor was full Atlantean he would have probably gotten a worse headahce.

Aquaman was not able to only target the villains. When Namor said that it gave him the headache, Aquaman replied and said.."Sorry, Namor. It was the only.."

Aquaman also stated that because their minds were more complex than the average it was also exhausting. Thats why he stayed from out the battle. And he knew that he wouldnt have been able to do it had he been fighting.

wolverine8888
actauly tiger shark 100 ton character to let u know

olympian
"And Aquaman didnt aim for only the villians. He let out a broad blast of tp. If he was aiming for every villain, why was Marrina knocked out? Why did Namor get a headache? If Namor was full Atlantean he would have probably gotten a worse headahce."

You are correct on that, he aimed at everyone there. Just checked that part better.

As for taking part of the fight or not :

"If you notice in the panel, all of them were active in battle EXCEPT Aquaman."

and

"Aquaman also stated that because their minds were more complex than the average it was also exhausting"

You kind of answered yourself. He participated indirectly considering he couldnt use such a blast while trading punches.

Not figthing at all and hiding its what Cap did when the Avengers went against the Exemplars.

"actauly tiger shark 100 ton character to let u know"

What has he done to deserve being at that level.

jrodslam
Originally posted by wolverine8888
actauly tiger shark 100 ton character to let u know

Oh yea? Where is this stated? And since when?

wolverine8888
he has always been if im not mistaken. some one on a thread a while back posted his stats saying him was 100tons. any ways i dont read tiger shark at all but from that info it said 100 ton character

jrodslam
"You kind of answered yourself. He participated indirectly considering he couldnt use such a blast while trading punches.

Not figthing at all and hiding its what Cap did when the Avengers went against the Exemplars."

The reason for me stating that was because Namor only being half of sea-life, it woud take a full concentrated blast of tp to put him down. As we saw, all humans(Plas, Beast, etc) were fine.

If Aquaman were to battle Namor, he cant take cover while trying to execute a full direct blast at Namor while Namor is goint at him. He wouldnt have the time to concentrate. Thats the only reason i say that the attack wouldnt work.

jrodslam
Originally posted by wolverine8888
he has always been if im not mistaken. some one on a thread a while back posted his stats saying him was 100tons. any ways i dont read tiger shark at all but from that info it said 100 ton character

Of all the main undersea characters, to my knowledge the power ranking are as followed.

Namor
Attuma
Orca
Triton
Tiger Shark/Nita

I highly doubt that Tiger Shark has now been upgraded to the 100cl. I could be wrong though. If you or anyone else have an official handbook that states that, id be convinced. Otherwise, hes still cl 70-75 to me. Plus Attuma who was Namors main villain wasnt even 100 cl. 75-80 the most.

wolverine8888
I dont know I realy dont read namor

joesha28
Nemo kicks Namor

joesha28
Nobody messes with Nemo!!!!

supremthor
everytime i c nemo i want to eat some fryed fish(i dont no y)?

Superherovandal
FYI thats Marlin, Nemo's Dad. And Aquaman is officially a high cl 100 ton character. As he lifted a considerable portion of San Francisco.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Superherovandal
FYI thats Marlin, Nemo's Dad. And Aquaman is officially a high cl 100 ton character. As he lifted a considerable portion of San Francisco.

Correction:
-He lifted half a city block of San Diego (Sub Diego) under water. So the pressure and what not would make it even heavier (Aquaman #17)
-Prior to his upgrade he held up a lage buidling while water was being pumped on him from a hose (Aquaman #14)

So you are indeed right he is a high cl 100 character.

Plus his hand gives his preminisions (aquaman #3), small amount of control over water (Various), healing (aquaman #3), amped up telepathy, well really amped up everything since he got his new hand

Dizzle
and by the way spongebob is a master of karate and practically invincible.

Sppongebob takes it, while singing this...

I'll kick your ass with karate,
All the way to Tianenmen Square.

Respeck the D.

Seriously though, Creshosk was right for once. wink NO ONE beats Iceman in water. It's impossible to do without taking the fight out of the water. Or targeting his consciousness somehow... But that would take higher up cosmic type beings.

Laminator_X
Hydro-Man

King_Mungi
Oh Eel would lay a smack down on him. Actually could go either way, but Eel is a badass smile

Orestes
The Little Mermaid, IMO. big grin

DarkCrawler
Who could beat Namor...with Neptunes Trident!

"Weapons: Neptune wields a 6' 5'' enchanted trident made for him by the Cyclopes, one-eyed giants who were trapped in Tartarus along with Neptune by Cronus (see comments). The trident is composed of Adamantine metal that is found in the Olympian dimension and is possessed of mystical properties. The trident allows Neptune to control any body of water. With the trident he is capable of the creation of water elementals, using water to speed ships and water vehicles, creating fog and storms of great intensity, causing tremendous tidal waves, and creating waves of water as transportation that propel him at fantastic speeds. Also, he can cause earthquakes by increasing water pressure."

He has it somewhere.

TheKahn
Piratespirate

Jargon343
doomsday

doctorstrongbad
You said aqua man can beat namor? Thats like saying RC cola is more popular then Coke or Pepsi. You can't beat the real thing with a fake.

Jargon343
The original Aquaman predates Namor

DrDoom101
kit fisto the nautolan jedi whose lightsaber is specially made so it works underwater.

hey! ive seen you in the SW versus forums. the jedi dont get any credit in this comic versus forums, so ignore em

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Jargon343
The original Aquaman predates Namor

Aquaman-More Fun Comics #73 (1941).
Namor-Motion Picture Funnies Weekly (1939)

Sub-Mariner Comics Issue #1 (Fall 1941)
Adventure #260 -Modern Aquaman (1959)

I still think Aquaman is a better character.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Betageuze

Flipper!

(apparently he's faster than lightning, under the sea)

They call him Flipper, Flipper, faster than lightning, - (much faster than Namor)
No one you see, is smarter than he, - (including Doom or Namor)
And we know Flipper, lives in a world full of wonder, - (um.... ok)
Flying there under, under the sea! - (and he can FLY)

Everyone loves the king of the sea, - (Namor.... or Flipper?)
Ever so kind and gentle is he, - (ok... so he's not exactly bloodthirsty)
Tricks he will do when children appear, - (just like Batman)
And how they laugh when he's near! - (just like Robin)

They call him Flipper, Flipper, faster than lightning, - (really, really fast)
No-one you see, is smarter than he, - (especially not YOU!)
And we know Flipper, lives in a world full of wonder, - (and seal piss)
Flying there-under, under the sea! - (we already covered this)

Namor may have a slight strength advantage.... but speed and intelligence definitely go to Flipper!

K3VIL
IMPERIOUS REX!
Namor underwater becomes more powerful than he is on the ground even fresh of a bath into the sea or a source of water.
He instantly get healed from any damage he receive, plus his strenght is amped to mid level Class 100, his durability and other physical threats as well are all kept into the peak of their level cause water is to Namor what sun is to Superman(NOT SAING NAMOR CAN BEAT SUPES NAMOR FANBOYS).
Anyway, Aquaman was created after Namor, he's a lame copy of him.
He looks like a less big and muscle Thor with beard, a lame costume and a magical hand-grappling hook, it depends on which version of him we are talking about.It was said his strenght was increased so he could support on his own a portion of San Francisco.
Anyway Namor would still own him.
Battle experience, fighting skills, warrior attitude, costume and all other threats are better in Namor.His best outfit, the black one with golden wings is really cool.
Plus if you wanna use the strongest version of Aquaman, we can easily use Namor with Neptune's armor, which will increase his physical threats to a higher degree.

Superherovandal
Aquaman can beat Namor especially now he has that magical water hand. Advanced telepathy, high-cl 100 strength, control over water. He will win.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by K3VIL

Battle experience, fighting skills, warrior attitude, costume and all other threats are better in Namor.His best outfit, the black one with golden wings is really cool.
Plus if you wanna use the strongest version of Aquaman, we can easily use Namor with Neptune's armor, which will increase his physical threats to a higher degree.

Warrior attitude? check out the new Aquaman, he is a true warrior, plus they almost have near the same experience so that doesn't account in this fight

He lost the beard, he is back to his golden age costume just without the gloves. BTW Aquaman and Tempest have a form of Neptune's tident as well, plus they have magic powersups from the magical sorcessors in Atlantis.

Aquaman's strongest form was he was made completly out of water and he sunk Atlantis the second time.

jinzin
one name:

LOCKNESS MONSTER BEEEEYYYYYAAAATCH!

Cosmic Cube
Godzilla.

If he's lucky. shifty

jinzin
mad

godzilla would OWWWWWWN him OWWWWWWNN I say!

jinzin
those guys from jaws could probably take him with prep too....

K3VIL
Originally posted by jinzin
those guys from jaws could probably take him with prep too....
http://www.mcmahonadu.com/quint/jaws10_227x300.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/CEscobar/50-13512-sm.jpg
Captain Quint OWNZ ALL!

jinzin
Captain Quint OWNZ ALL!

quoted for truth...

Scoobless
Flipper would beat the crap out of Quint!

TOUGHUS GUYSUS
hulk should be able to win under water or not as is the more powerful character

Lucid Lui
Aquaman could take him. Wouldn't be easy, but he'd do it.

olympian
Squarepants is the main contender.

On a more serious note?

Tempest.

Laminator_X
Seriously, I don't see Aquaman beating Namour without a serious powerup. Granted, he sometimes gets such powerups, but everyday Arthur: no.

Here's another one: Pulsar/Photon/Monica Rambeau

Lucid Lui
Well, the fight's happening underwater, that means Aquaman can bring as many sea creatures as he wants. And he's no slouch in the strength department, so he could spar with Namor, at least for awhile.

And he could always do the Plankton trick...

wolverine8888
I think tiger shark could give namor quite a match

Marvel=DC
Wonder Woman, Superman, Martian Manhunter, Lobo and apparently Supergirl

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Well, the fight's happening underwater, that means Aquaman can bring as many sea creatures as he wants. And he's no slouch in the strength department, so he could spar with Namor, at least for awhile.

And he could always do the Plankton trick...

Namor can speak with sea creatures too.

And have all the powers of sea creatures himself.

Lucid Lui
Well, i'd say it comes down to who's control is better, Does Namor actually have the ability to control the fish, or just talk to them?

DarkCrawler
Well, i'd say it comes down to who's control is better, Does Namor actually have the ability to control the fish, or just talk to them?

Well, he has this horn which he use to call Giganto, and undersea monster that was about half the size of Manhattan...it seemed to obey his commands.

Laminator_X
If Arthur stoops to the plankton attack, Namour could use his electrical powers to fry little critters in the vacinity. He doesn't use that attack ofted because it's a: Not terribly powerful, and b: not his style. He could fry up a swarm of seay-monkeys right quick though.

Juntai
Namor would have spanked old Aquaman, but since his recent powerup, I don't see it happening. Magic hand advanced telepathy and decently high level strength probably low 100's... didn't he llift a San Diego city block? lol. That's a lot of wieght.

Lucid Lui
Well, if Aquaman was smart, he wouldn't actually tell Namor that he's filling his body with plankton. At least until it's absolutely packed to the max and already attacking...

Of course, if Namor is as durable on the inside as the out, that attack might not work...

Juntai
Well, if Aquaman was smart, he wouldn't actually tell Namor that he's filling his body with plankton. At least until it's absolutely packed to the max and already attacking...

Of course, if Namor is as durable on the inside as the out, that attack might not work... He could always mind control Namor, since he's not limited to sea animals anymore.

Mainstream
Originally posted by Juntai
He could always mind control Namor, since he's not limited to sea animals anymore.

yeah that true...all life came form the sea...in a way were all Aquaman little b*tches.

Juntai
Originally posted by Mainstream
yeah that true...all life came form the sea...in a way were all Aquaman little b*tches. Well, it's even beyond that, as he went toe to toe with Despero in a telepathic fight recently.. I'm not sure if Despero is from earth.

Mainstream
he can controll alien too.......could Aquaman mental b*tch slap Superman.....find out next time same aqua time same aqua channel.

Lucid Lui
Well yeah, i normally don't bring that up in Namor vs. Aquaman debates because it just ends up going back and forth forever.

Realistically, Aquaman's TP is a alot stronger these days and it would definately play a big factor in him beating Namor.

He did knock a whole heap of Atlanteans out with it in the JLA/Avengers crossover which also effected Namor. But that ain't considered cannon so...

Juntai
Originally posted by Mainstream
he can controll alien too.......could Aquaman mental b*tch slap Superman.....find out next time same aqua time same aqua channel. Superman is not easily mentally dominated, Despero didn't seem to be able to take control but was saying he could "control any mind, even a Kryptonian one" which leads me to believe he is not very succeptible to mind control.. it took Max Lord years to slowly wear down Superman's mental barriers.

Juntai
Well yeah, i normally don't bring that up in Namor vs. Aquaman debates because it just ends up going back and forth forever.

Realistically, Aquaman's TP is a alot stronger these days and it would definately play a big factor in him beating Namor.

He did knock a whole heap of Atlanteans out with it in the JLA/Avengers crossover which also effected Namor. But that ain't considered cannon so... JLA/Avengers is canon.

DarkCrawler

He did knock a whole heap of Atlanteans out with it in the JLA/Avengers crossover which also effected Namor. But that ain't considered cannon so...

It only gave Namor an headache.

Juntai
It only gave Namor an headache. That was also pre-upgrade Arthur. He now has a magic hand and his telepathy is apperently on Martian Manhunter's level, though not with the same scope, in effect only.. as we've seen Jonn touch every mind on the planet.. We've only seen Arthur that broad in the underwater setting with his sea-creatures... but there is no doubt that his telepathy is a whole different level than it was. His strength was also increased substatially.

Mainstream
That was also pre-upgrade Arthur. He now has a magic hand and his telepathy is apperently on Martian Manhunter's level, though not with the same scope, in effect only.. as we've seen Jonn touch every mind on the planet.. We've only seen Arthur that broad in the underwater setting with his sea-creatures... but there is no doubt that his telepathy is a whole different level than it was. His strength was also increased substatially.

beware the magically aqua hand of Aquaman!!!!!!

Lucid Lui
It only gave Namor an headache.
Well yeah, but he wasn't trying to effect Namor. I imagine if he concentrated the same amount of power that he used to k.o. all those atlanteans on Namor, it would do a great deal more.

olympian
"That was also pre-upgrade Arthur. He now has a magic hand and his telepathy is apperently on Martian Manhunter's level, though not with the same scope"

It was the current version with the upgrade.

jrodslam
Well yeah, but he wasn't trying to effect Namor. I imagine if he concentrated the same amount of power that he used to k.o. all those atlanteans on Namor, it would do a great deal more.

He was trying to effect all aquatic life. Plus he wasnt even part of the immediate battle. Hed need a great deal of concentration to ko Namor and he wouldnt get it if they were to fight each other. Namor beats him.

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by jrodslam
He was trying to effect all aquatic life. Plus he wasnt even part of the immediate battle. Hed need a great deal of concentration to ko Namor and he wouldnt get it if they were to fight each other. Namor beats him.
I don't remember it said anywhere that he was trying to effect all aquatic life.

Anyway, his TP can definately effect Namor, and it is quite powerful these days. He's managed to probe MM's mind without him knowing it. And was going toe to toe with Despero recently. Aquaman is very strong, and i'm not saying it would be easy, but he would beat Namor more often than not underwater.

IMO

Juntai
Originally posted by olympian
"That was also pre-upgrade Arthur. He now has a magic hand and his telepathy is apperently on Martian Manhunter's level, though not with the same scope"

It was the current version with the upgrade. No it wasn't, no blue see through magic hand.

Dark_Lantern
Has anyone mentioned Hydroman from the spiderman series, he becomes the water and the more water he has the more powerful he becomes so yeah I think he's give namor a serious run for his money.

King_Mungi
He's managed to probe MM's mind without him knowing it. And was going toe to toe with Despero recently. Aquaman is very strong, and i'm not saying it would be easy, but he would beat Namor more often than not underwater.

IMO

I don't remember when he did that, what issue was this? and yeah he was badass in that fight "MAKE....HIM...BLEED"

No it wasn't, no blue see through magic hand.

I think Aquaman would win, but it was his magical hand he was using in Avengers/JLA #4. It just wasn't colored blue.

.....Actually it could have been his metallic hook that could transform into a real hand, but I don't recall him where his trademark orange and green clothes when he had it.

DarkCrawler
I don't remember it said anywhere that he was trying to effect all aquatic life.

Anyway, his TP can definately effect Namor, and it is quite powerful these days. He's managed to probe MM's mind without him knowing it. And was going toe to toe with Despero recently. Aquaman is very strong, and i'm not saying it would be easy, but he would beat Namor more often than not underwater.

IMO

Namor has so many off powers that it is not sure if his telepathy would work on him...he has psychic powers himself, he can, for example see astral forms.

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by King_Mungi
I don't remember when he did that, what issue was this? and yeah he was badass in that fight "MAKE....HIM...BLEED"
I believe it was issue 2 of the current Aquaman series.

Yeah, but it's not like all Aquaman will try and do is use his TP to win. Both he, and Namor, bring a great a deal more to the table. In fact, the more i think about it, the more i'd love to see these two fight. A well-written fight that is... So far their meetings have been uber-crap.

Scoobless

Flipper!

They call him Flipper, Flipper, faster than lightning, - (much faster than Namor)

Namor may have a slight strength advantage.... but speed and intelligence definitely go to Flipper!

http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/8875/dolphin9vm.jpg

kgkg
Originally posted by Scoobless
Flipper!

http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/8875/dolphin9vm.jpg laughing
i guess flipper wins

Blair Wind
iceman and tempest....

jrodslam

He was targeting all "ocean life" good guys included. It wasnt just for the villains because even Marrina was knocked out.

http://img488.imageshack.us/img488/2336/aquamantpblastjlaaven20uv.th.jpg

Lucid Lui
Well, he says "i have... a measure of control over Ocena life"..

I take that as him explaining his power, and not who he's targeting. Really, he doesn't say who he was, or wasn't targeting. So we don't really know...

jrodslam
Everyone in the fight was ocean life except Plastic Man, Beast, Steel, and the female in the yellow and green.

Aquaman was targeting everyone who was of ocean life. Period. Marrina got knocked out and Namor got a headache. He was targeting everyone(ocean life) in the area. We do know exactly.

Lucid Lui
I guess, i dunno. I originally just took it as him explaining his power, but your explanation is plausible aswell.

Anyway, my point was that if he concentrated the amount of TP power that he used to knock everyone out, completely on Namor, it would do a great deal more than just a headache...

jrodslam
Anyway, my point was that if he concentrated the amount of TP power that he used to knock everyone out, completely on Namor, it would do a great deal more than just a headache...

Youre right about that. However, if you notice, Aquaman wasnt part of the immediate fight with the villains. He needed time and concentration to excecute such a powerful attack which only gave Namor a headache.

The point i was trying to bring up was that if he were to engage Namor in battle, he wouldnt have the chance to do such a thing that would have more of an effect than just a headache. Hed need the time just like in JLA/Avengers. While the others were in battle, he was above unseen by the rest.

Juntai
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/aquaman29.jpg

Scoobless
nice pic... when did they fight?

Lucid Lui
Yeah, that's a great pic. Though it's mis-leading...

In the actual issue, it's Martian Manhunter posing as Superman. Aquaman went to the watchtower seeking advice, MM pretends to be Superman and starts be-littleing Arthur. Arthur socks him one and gets very intense about "Superman" having to show him respect. Then MM reveals himself. MM sais he put on the ruse to show Aquaman, that under the right circumstances, Arthur could convince himself that he could physically best even Superman.

Good issue. Might post scans of it soon...

King_Mungi
bwahaha same pic I posted awhile ago, and I checked to see the url and it's from my photobucket account. :P

Juntai
bwahaha same pic I posted awhile ago, and I checked to see the url and it's from my photobucket account. :P sweet, props.

judgedred
spongbob coulnt take uant may you fuking posers

olympian
"No it wasn't, no blue see through magic hand."

Explain then how he looks exactly like that cover you posted, and also has the water hand.

Or you didnt noticed the water hand its the left one?

http://img488.imageshack.us/img488/2336/aquamantpblastjlaaven20uv.jpg

It was the current version.

EsteemedLeader
Yeah, that's a great pic. Though it's mis-leading...

In the actual issue, it's Martian Manhunter posing as Superman. Aquaman went to the watchtower seeking advice, MM pretends to be Superman and starts be-littleing Arthur. Arthur socks him one and gets very intense about "Superman" having to show him respect. Then MM reveals himself. MM sais he put on the ruse to show Aquaman, that under the right circumstances, Arthur could convince himself that he could physically best even Superman.

Good issue. Might post scans of it soon...

But MM is supposed to be the greatest member of the JLA, officially.

If he could do that to MM, he could do it to supes.

Aquaman would take Namor underwater, maybe not 10/10, more like 6/10.

Godzilla definitely.

olympian
Aquaman has strenght to punch the Top tier.

Not necessarily to outright ko them.

EsteemedLeader
Aquaman has strenght to punch the Top tier.

Not necessarily to outright ko them.

Underwater he does though.

Lucid Lui
I dunno about KO'ing top tier, but he certainly has more than enough strength to give them a hell of a fight.

King KAM
Thanos,Juggernaut,SS,Galactus.....all kinds of people...

EsteemedLeader
Not Juggernaut.

Scoobless
James Bond with his submarine car.... and the crew of Stingray

EsteemedLeader
The Starship Enterprise, and Captain Jean Luc Picard.

soleran30
Underwater Namor can take on most tier 1 guys but its not cuz he is so strong but becuase he controls the enviroment!

Princess Diana
Superman could smile

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
But MM is supposed to be the greatest member of the JLA, officially.

If he could do that to MM, he could do it to supes.

He is not the greatest in strenght..

Xplosive

Apocalypse, he already did.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Xplosive
Apocalypse, he already did.

No...Apocalypse ran away...

http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/4195/namorfeat606bm.gif

http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/8092/namorfeat616co.gif

http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/1170/namorfeat625ld.gif

http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/3417/namorfeat630uo.gif

http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/2343/namorfeat642by.gif

Juntai
"No it wasn't, no blue see through magic hand."

Explain then how he looks exactly like that cover you posted, and also has the water hand.

Or you didnt noticed the water hand its the left one?

http://img488.imageshack.us/img488/2336/aquamantpblastjlaaven20uv.jpg

It was the current version. My bad, I remembered it being his 'replacement' hand, the yellow one he had for a short time. See? I can admit being wrong, but only when it's founded.

But nonetheless, he wasn't targeting Namor with his mental power, it was a broad attack, and Aquaman is also telling him "sorry", as if he's not even trying to effect him at all... and he was also calling out to sea life-- and as Namor stated, he's only part atlantean, but Aquaman isn't LIMITED to sea life either, he can shut down humans as well after his whole revelation that all earth life came from the sea and so is his dominion mentally or otherwise.

King_Mungi
Here are some of Aquaman's feats:
http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7017332&postcount=99

olympian
"My bad, I remembered it being his 'replacement' hand, the yellow one he had for a short time. See? I can admit being wrong, but only when it's founded."

I figured it out it would be something like that. Thus why i said for you to check the hand in question. And the costume.

The replacement hand its what he had with the "Peter David era" one.

DarkCrawler
Here are some of Aquaman's feats:
http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7017332&postcount=99

Wow...the fight against Deathstroke was BADASS.

And finally we saw that city block thing. smile

But Namor's still the original Ruler of the Seas. rock

DarkCrawler
And if Aquaman would be allowed to have his hand on a fight, then it would only be fair that Namor could use the Trident of Neptune:

"Weapons: Neptune wields a 6' 5'' enchanted trident made for him by the Cyclopes, one-eyed giants who were trapped in Tartarus along with Neptune by Cronus (see comments). The trident is composed of Adamantine metal that is found in the Olympian dimension and is possessed of mystical properties. The trident allows Neptune to control any body of water. With the trident he is capable of the creation of water elementals, using water to speed ships and water vehicles, creating fog and storms of great intensity, causing tremendous tidal waves, and creating waves of water as transportation that propel him at fantastic speeds. Also, he can cause earthquakes by increasing water pressure."

It currently lies on the halls of Atlantis, if I am not wrong. It was given to Namor by Neptune.

Lucid Lui
Nah, the Waterhand is part of Aquaman's anilitites now. That's like saying Aquaman can bring a weapon cause Namor has winged feet.

Anyway, if Namor gets to bring his Trident, it's only fair that Aquaman can bring his. And THAT would be a fight i'd like to see...

King_Mungi
And if Aquaman would be allowed to have his hand on a fight, then it would only be fair that Namor could use the Trident of Neptune:
B]

FYI, Aquaman has Neptune's Trident as well. Like Lucid said the hand is apart of him. It's who he is now, so to make it fair you would have Aquaman battle Namor with one hand and a stump? Come on now wink

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Namor Killers
iceman and tempest....

these two easily....

Scoobless
http://www.monzell.com/images/chiyo.gif

this thing would kill Namor

jgiant
It seems to be sending some subliminal message, telling me to kill myself...hmm, well i had a good run...

DarkCrawler
Nah, the Waterhand is part of Aquaman's anilitites now. That's like saying Aquaman can bring a weapon cause Namor has winged feet.

Anyway, if Namor gets to bring his Trident, it's only fair that Aquaman can bring his. And THAT would be a fight i'd like to see...
Yep, that would be a good fight...smile

DarkCrawler

Thanks for giving me nightmares for the rest of the year... no expression

EsteemedLeader

Oh my god, what is that bulbous blue monster!? It's eating a child! Stop it before it swallows!!!

JTGuy
All underwater and all from late 60's-early 70's issues:

1)Attuma (or Kang?) finds huge robot, programs robot to attack Namor. Robot pounds on Namor and is about to crush him when the aliens that lost the robot show up to claim him.

2)Attuma (or Kang?) takes mind control of huge red monster, which attacks Namor and is just about to crush him when mind control is interuppted, monster drops dazed Namor into the mud and ambles off.

3) Original battle with Orca - Orca rules over Namor throughout the issue. When they first meet, Orca KOs Namor with two punches, leaving him buried under tons of rubble. Second clash goes better for Namor, but he admits he cannot match Orca in strength, fight ends with Orca spinning a helpless Namor by the head and smashing him into some machines. Orca then places the unconscious Namor into electrified shackles and shocks him into unconsciousness yet again.

4) She-Devil - Evil, other-dimensional queen from Namor's early 70's title. Pounds Namor, literally, into the ground. During the fight, Namor realizes she is out to kill him and admits she has the strength to. She-Devil has long speech over Namor's unconscious body about killing him, but then decides to go ransack Atlantis and order Namor's death from there. Namor revives as he is being carried away by her guards and he manages to latch onto her ship to Atlantis. Never seen Namor so dominated by a foe as he is here. In followup ish, She-Devil teams with Orca to pound on Namor some more, in fleeing for his life, Namor ends up poisoned and needing to be saved by Reed Richards, which is when he switched from his Speedo outfit to his goofy 70's costume with the wings.

Milkie
VENOM BECAUSE HE'S SO GODLY FAST AND SMART

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by JTGuy
All underwater and all from late 60's-early 70's issues:

1)Attuma (or Kang?) finds huge robot, programs robot to attack Namor. Robot pounds on Namor and is about to crush him when the aliens that lost the robot show up to claim him.
Attuma was the one who found the robot.

Yeah, that's a good fight. Namor pretty much used every trick on his sleeve and accomplished nothing.

2)Attuma (or Kang?) takes mind control of huge red monster, which attacks Namor and is just about to crush him when mind control is interuppted, monster drops dazed Namor into the mud and ambles off.

It was Krang.

3) Original battle with Orca - Orca rules over Namor throughout the issue. When they first meet, Orca KOs Namor with two punches, leaving him buried under tons of rubble. Second clash goes better for Namor, but he admits he cannot match Orca in strength, fight ends with Orca spinning a helpless Namor by the head and smashing him into some machines. Orca then places the unconscious Namor into electrified shackles and shocks him into unconsciousness yet again.

Only problem I see in this fight that electricity isn't supposed to work on Namor. smile Otherwise, good.

4) She-Devil - Evil, other-dimensional queen from Namor's early 70's title. Pounds Namor, literally, into the ground. During the fight, Namor realizes she is out to kill him and admits she has the strength to. She-Devil has long speech over Namor's unconscious body about killing him, but then decides to go ransack Atlantis and order Namor's death from there. Namor revives as he is being carried away by her guards and he manages to latch onto her ship to Atlantis. Never seen Namor so dominated by a foe as he is here. In followup ish, She-Devil teams with Orca to pound on Namor some more, in fleeing for his life, Namor ends up poisoned and needing to be saved by Reed Richards, which is when he switched from his Speedo outfit to his goofy 70's costume with the wings.

Yeah, she was a goddamn badass.

King KAM
Wolverine......

Doctor SKank
Iceman smile

Laminator_X
Captain Quint OWNZ ALL!

"I'll catch yer 'Submareener,' but it'll cost yeh. Five thousand, up front."

But seriously, here's another one: Living Laser.

Mindship
SpongeBob would absorb all the water, leaving all aqua dwellers high and dry.

That aside...

Silver Surfer
Thor*
Superman

*while Thor + Molneer has more power/energy versatility than Superman, I don't know what his breath-holding abilities are. In that vein, he may have more trouble defeating Namor underwater than the other two. That is, I can see Namor beating Thor underwater 3 or 4/10, whereas I think Superman would win 9.9/10 and Surfer 9.999/10. But again, my knowledge of Thor's breath-holding is zilch, zip, nada.

TheKahn
Originally posted by Mindship

That aside...

Silver Surfer
Thor*
Superman

*while Thor + Molneer has more power/energy versatility than Superman, I don't know what his breath-holding abilities are. In that vein, he may have more trouble defeating Namor underwater than the other two. That is, I can see Namor beating Thor underwater 3 or 4/10, whereas I think Superman would win 9.9/10 and Surfer 9.999/10. But again, my knowledge of Thor's breath-holding is zilch, zip, nada.

If Mjolnir does indeed control the elements of storm (ie wind, rain, thunder, and lightning) wouldn't that enable it to, theoretically at least, A) control the water that he and Namor fight in and B) simply pull the dissolved oxygen out of the surrounding water to enable him to breath? Just a thought big grin

Thunderstrike
Well, at this point, it's kind of a question of what CAN'T Mjonlnir do. However, it's stated at one point in Thor: Vikings that Thor cannot drown. If Thor and Namor both were bloodlusted, this would be excessively hard for both sides.

Mindship
Originally posted by TheKahn
If Mjolnir does indeed control the elements of storm (ie wind, rain, thunder, and lightning) wouldn't that enable it to, theoretically at least, A) control the water that he and Namor fight in and B) simply pull the dissolved oxygen out of the surrounding water to enable him to breath? Just a thought big grin

I don't know. I would think that, given all the things Thor can do, he should be able to manage quite a few things to offset Namor's otherwise advantage (another example: spin his hammer so fast that he blows back all water, creating an air pocket for himself and leaving Namor, ironically, high and dry underwater).

Mindship
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
...Thor cannot drown...

Well, there ya go. End of speculation.

Grimm22
Originally posted by jrodslam
Well There are some who could. Like cosmic being level.

So far underwater Namor has beaten....(Comics I own)

Abomination
Thing
Hulk
Dr.Doom
Hercules (slight advantage over Hercules, but fight was stopped)

He beat Doom? Do you know what issue that is from. I want to pick it up this weekend at the free comic book day sale. eek!

King_Mungi
Aurora could beat him.

1. http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Aurora

aliveinboston
Originally posted by Mindship

That aside...

Silver Surfer
Thor*
Superman

Thor doesnt need to breathe air so he would not need to hold his breathe. It would be virtually impossible for a hammerless Thor, Superman or Silver Surfer to defeat Namor under-water.

joesha28
Thor fought Namor right? I remembered it when underwater but don't know what happened.

aliveinboston
Originally posted by joesha28
Thor fought Namor right? I remembered it when underwater but don't know what happened.

Thor couldn't get a clean hit on Namor but Namor was able to strike Thor repeatedly although it didn't seem he was able to do any damage. Namor made the mistake of getting too close so that Thor was able to grapple with him and use his longer reach to grip Namor by the neck and take him out of the water.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>