Marvel Vs Capcom 2 Vs Spiderman and Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Max Spidey 24
In this Game who has the most skill to beat each other.

Maximum Spider

CorderaMitchell
In the game spiderman, he has range and that webbing attack,and slightly better defense, though wolverine has moves that are easily abused......

Cosmic Cube
Why don't they make a sequel to that game, instead of all the crap they're developing nowadays? sad

dvampire
Capcom is one the best companys out right now. smile

Arahan
I like the Fighting Games too but i want that they use new graphics and not take the old lame graphics from 199X. New Animations would be cool. The Graphic in Street Fighter 3 was awesome. More please.

And give Guile more Moves!!!!! He has the same Moves since SF2
(Basic Moves)

PS: DAN HIBIKI RULZ

CorderaMitchell
Yea they need to put more effort into their games ( capcom), they know how to easily make great titles, but they've gotten lazy.

MvC2 is fun, but not for tourneys

X-Logan
I think Wolverine is better.He has better special moves and much easier combos,almost everyone i know plays with Logan.

EvilCap America
Both characters are trash more or less and completely dependant on simplistic Dash-ins with ducking lk or a jumping Hard and easily stopped by any good Anti-air assist.

Still Spiderman is one of the worst characters in MvsC2 and Wolverine at least has.......a fast light punch and Bone Claw wolverine works pretty well with Sentinel

and MvsC2 IS the main game for competitive tourny play even a good 5 years after its release

jrodslam
MvC2 is the best 2d fighter ever in my eyes. Too bad Capcom gave up the rights. MvC3 would have ended all 2d fighting games.

Here in N.Y., MvC2 is still more played than any 2d fighter.

Depending on the team, Spiderman could be a very good assist character. Better than Wolverine even. But fighting wise, they are about the same. Wolverines combos do factor his special slightly better than Spiderman however. I do see Spiderman getting more play time though. I pick neither of them. But they both suck compared to the other Marvel chars. Geez.

Max Spidey 24
Witch Marvel characters are better than these two.

EvilCap America
This is true id like a MvsC2 Sentinel vs topic.Sentinels such a beast its you would think it was made to hunt down Heralds of Galactus instead of mutants big grin

EvilCap America
Originally posted by Max Spidey 24

God tier

Storm/Sentinel

Magneto/Cable

Top tier

Doom
Cyclops
Spiral
Strider

Near top

Blackheart
Ironman

jrodslam

In MvC2? Many.

Iceman
Magneto
Doom
Iron Man
Juggernaut
Colossus
Captain America
Storm
Omega Red
Silver Samurai
Rouge

Thanos and Blackheart got tonned dowm tremendously. Spiderman and Wolverine are around their levels in the game.

Max Spidey 24
Iceman pretty good your right
Magneto same thing
Doom hard to use not better than spidey/wolverine
Iron Man/war machine prettty sick but kind of cheesy
Juggernaut to big and slow
Colossus same thing
Captain America good
Storm good
Omega Red crap
Silver Samurai crap
Rogue good

So Iceman, ironman/warmachine, cyclops maybe better by little but the rest are not even good. Venom was alright, and rogue if you master her

jrodslam
Try mastering Colossus and Juggernaut.

Juggernaut - I can take 95% of your bar with one combo to a special.

Colossus - Same thing, but only in the corner. Mid board, I can take about 80%.

Doom kicks ass. Yea it takes a while to get his air-dash mid combo thing going, but once you do, game over. My team with Doom Magneto, and Bison kicks major ass.

Omega Red, Silver Samurai are all ground and slightly air bases combos. Mainly ground. Good speed along with damage. Though they hardly ever get played in tourneys.

EvilCap America
Iceman pretty good your right
Magneto same thing
Doom hard to use not better than spidey/wolverine
Iron Man/war machine prettty sick but kind of cheesy
Juggernaut to big and slow
Colossus same thing
Captain America good
Storm good
Omega Red crap
Silver Samurai crap
Rogue good

So Iceman, ironman/warmachine, cyclops maybe better by little but the rest are not even good. Venom was alright, and rogue if you master her

Way off man
Doom has a killer wave-dash and Air-dash that makes his rushdown 10X better than anything Spidey or Wolverine could manage and his damage is MUCH higher with APA ACs
Ironman/War Machine arent "Cheesy" nothing is.They have an awesome infinite they can combo into PC and great zoning ability
Yeah Juggys big and slow but Headcrush has 1 frame start hes got big range and his Dash assist is pretty good
Colossus turns on Hyper armor and if he lands his launch can kill Spidey/Wolvie in a single combo
Omega Red is a complex chaaracter but hes got alot of tools some chipping and killer priority plus he can stall Cable if used right
Silver Samurai is MUCH better than Spidey or Wolvie.His prority is pretty good his chip damage with shurikens is huge and his Raimaiken does brutal damage AND is murder on assists

Nataku8188
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
MvC2 is fun, but not for tourneys

You've obviously never been to an MvC2 tourney. Fastest fighting game out right now, most people don't have the flexes to handle the infinite combos, or to even counter them

Anyways, Wolverine is horrible in MvC2. We talkin' bone or adamantium claw? There's huge differences.

Max Spidey 24
adamantium is good the other sucks. Im Mad nice with Tron Spiderman and cyclops. My other team for fun is Venom Cammy And either Ryu/Ken or Rogue.

When wolverine does the barage special I jump with spidey and do the web throw special for the k.o. It works evry time. It would be kool if it was marvel Vs Capcom/Dc.

srankmissingnin
The game is fun but it has the worst music ever created! To this day I am still surprissed I didn't kill myself after all the hours I listened to that lame as song.

Cable is the man in MvC2!

EvilCap America
adamantium is good the other sucks. Im Mad nice with Tron Spiderman and cyclops. My other team for fun is Venom Cammy And either Ryu/Ken or Rogue.

When wolverine does the barage special I jump with spidey and do the web throw special for the k.o. It works evry time. It would be kool if it was marvel Vs Capcom/Dc.

Those teams are kinda mediocre to crappy.Team 1 has Cyclops and Tron both great assist characters but Spidey is just the suck.Team 2 doesnt have good dynamics at all and i dont see how that would work

My team

Blackheart
Sentinel
CapCom

jrodslam
Im gonna take you for a ride!! laughing Happy Dance

Max Spidey 24
Team 2 is just for fun I win fights with team one. Im skilled with them and have strat. Spiderman I usauly bring out against certain people depends who they pick, that cant take the speed.

EvilCap America
Team 2 is just for fun I win fights with team one. Im skilled with them and have strat. Spiderman I usauly bring out against certain people depends who they pick, that cant take the speed.

Therein lies the problem.Spidey ISNT fast in MvsC2.Anyone with an AAA can stop him easy since the only offensive options he has are to dash in and try a dlk or Jump in with Hard Kick.With no good airdash or double jump he cant really get around an AAA and he cant rush as well as Tri-jumping Magneto/Storm who are the REAL fast characters in the game

Max Spidey 24
My only problem with those two is i dont like projectile fighting to much unless its cyclops and even then I use cyclone kick and gene splice alot.

EvilCap America
My only problem with those two is i dont like projectile fighting to much unless its cyclops and even then I use cyclone kick and gene splice alot.

Cyclops is awesome hes one of the best most versitile characters in the game.Cycs can either A] Double jump spamming High Kick to build meter then chip with MOB B] Rushdown with his Double jump and the ungodly priority on his JHK/JDHK and ground combo into Cyclone kickxxSuper Optic Blast.Factor in his AAA is a great defense can be used n Alpha Counters and canceled mid-counter to SOB and he can punish lag full screen with Optic BlastxxSOB and you got a totally all purpose bad ass

Oh yeah hes got an good nfinite too

Max Spidey 24
I need to work on air combos, they give you more points or do more damage...maybe both..I forget, but I get the job done with tron cyclops I need a good person to go with those two thats better than spiderman.

EvilCap America
I need to work on air combos, they give you more points or do more damage...maybe both..I forget, but I get the job done with tron cyclops I need a good person to go with those two thats better than spiderman.

Basic ACs actually dont do all that much damage overall.Depending on the character they can usually do more damage with a ground combo into a super.Cycs for instance scores much more damage with JDHK HKx2xxCyclone KickxxSOB than he would with a full magic series AC

For a partner id suggest Sentinel.Just because Sentinels wickedly awesome and the damage potential with him and Tron on Projectile is sick.Cable could also work as well as Storm

Wanderer259
You haven't played Guilty Gear XX, then.

Max Spidey 24
Oh yeah guilty gear is nice but characters aint as good as marvel vs capcom 2.

Ill have to go with storm as third character. I dont realy like big characters that are slow. Never fight that sword guy hanayate w/e with a big person.

kgkg
Originally posted by jrodslam
In MvC2? Many.

Iceman
Magneto
Doom
Iron Man
Juggernaut
Colossus
Captain America
Storm
Omega Red
Silver Samurai
Rouge

Thanos and Blackheart got tonned dowm tremendously. Spiderman and Wolverine are around their levels in the game.
IceMan is a cheap mofo , my bro kicks my ass because even if you block that shit takes a lot of health

jrodslam
Originally posted by kgkg
IceMan is a cheap mofo , my bro kicks my ass because even if you block that shit takes a lot of health

Lol. Iceman is the f***ing man. Hes one of the best in the game(not just cause hes my favorite comic character)

When he blocks beams(Ironmans special and unibeam, Cyclops beams, Ryu, Akuma etc) It doesnt take any energy away. Especially when people like the do special moves to take away at your energy even when you block.

As an assist character, hes one of the best.

And hit winning poses and taunt is one of the best in the whole game. Iceman rocks! rock

EvilCap America
Originally posted by kgkg

Icemans good not great but nothing in the game save game breaking glitches could be called cheap.Dont like Icebeams chip damage dont get hit by it not to mention the lag on the beam is insane and he begs for AHVBx3

EvilCap America
Originally posted by Wanderer259

GG is at LEAST on par.Not as mnay characters and such but they DO have hot ass hell Bridget

jrodslam
GG isnt even better than SNK.

KOF series is second only to the Capcom vs series.

MERCILOUS
SNK RULES!!!!!!!!!

CorderaMitchell
Capcom vs.SNK does, in fact it is superior to this title, which is fun but button mashy and imbalanced,

AC= button mashing.

MERCILOUS
SvC chaos!!!!!!!!!!

CorderaMitchell
It was a fun alternative, with cool characters, but Capcom vs. SNK was a superior title, and kept technicalities, and balance, and had their hit frames correct.

Shin Akuma, Evil Ryu, God Rugal, Violent Ken all rule!!

What were some of Mr. Karate's attacks?

MERCILOUS
SvC is the most intricate game. It has the largest amounts of subtleties and can be exploited very well if you're opponent doesn't know what you're doing. It stresses timing and more and gives more options than the simple old "high-low" game.

CorderaMitchell
I agreed, just like Capcom vs. SNK 2

You have hit boxes, parries, couner characters, low defense characters, fast characters, different strength of attacks, throws, supers, customable chains , and you could make a forum on strategies.

EvilCap America
Capcom vs.SNK does, in fact it is superior to this title, which is fun but button mashy and imbalanced,

AC= button mashing.

The hell?MvsC2 is the msot ANTI-Mashing game ever made

You mash Cable AHVBx3s and kills half your team.Sentinel picks the way he wants to rape a masher from HFS to combos with Assist/Rocket punch.ACs arent mashy either its a simply process you go through in order AND isnt even used much in higher level play

CvsS2 is fun a little more balanced but what it all comes down to again is a few upper tiers dominating ie A-Groove Sakura follwoed by Sagat/Blankas DHP of DOOM etc. and they DONT have as deep strats as things like proper use of Sentinels fly mode or proper Tri-jumping

as for SvsC Chaos ummm......Zero has an infinite where he uses his DP over and over again.Thats about all i have to say about that game

True Sinister
Originally posted by EvilCap America

lol!
seioulsly though both wolverines kick ass especially the Berserker Barrage. This game is a million times more imballanced and less valuable than SVC chaos and CVS2 IMO.

EvilCap America
Originally posted by True Sinister
lol!
seioulsly though both wolverines kick ass especially the Berserker Barrage. This game is a million times more imballanced and less valuable than SVC chaos and CVS2 IMO.

Without Sentinels Ground assist to back him up both Wolverines are utter trash

True Sinister
Cable owns all...................he's not that bad in MVC2 either

dvampire
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
SvC is the most intricate game. It has the largest amounts of subtleties and can be exploited very well if you're opponent doesn't know what you're doing. It stresses timing and more and gives more options than the simple old "high-low" game.

That game suck. The controls was very bad in that game. sad It's the worst SNK fighting game I ever played. But some of the characters endings I liked. smile

dvampire
Cable owns all...................he's not that bad in MVC2 either

Cable's alright. He's decent in close combat and after a while it's very hard to hit a skilled player with his Beam (like my self). smile

The MISTER
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
The game is fun but it has the worst music ever created! To this day I am still surprissed I didn't kill myself after all the hours I listened to that lame as song.

Cable is the man in MvC2!

I'm gonna take you for a ride.... Happy Dance

True Sinister
Originally posted by dvampire
That game suck. The controls was very bad in that game. sad It's the worst SNK fighting game I ever played. But some of the characters endings I liked. smile Everyone keeps saying that. Are u some sort of capcom fan?

CorderaMitchell

You mash Cable AHVBx3s and kills half your team.Sentinel picks the way he wants to rape a masher from HFS to combos with Assist/Rocket punch.ACs arent mashy either its a simply process you go through in order AND isnt even used much in higher level play

CvsS2 is fun a little more balanced but what it all comes down to again is a few upper tiers dominating ie A-Groove Sakura follwoed by Sagat/Blankas DHP of DOOM etc. and they DONT have as deep strats as things like proper use of Sentinels fly mode or proper Tri-jumping

as for SvsC Chaos ummm......Zero has an infinite where he uses his DP over and over again.Thats about all i have to say about that game

No it is fun, and easy to pick up, but there are GOD characters, Iron Man, Magneto, Gambit.

AC= button mashing, this game isn't on the technical aspect of Capcom vs. SNK 2, although fun for parties, it isn't appropriate for tourneys, you can just get a normal character and abuse them, the most complex combination for most characters (except Zangief) is a normal 90 degree foward, or backward.

CapvsSNK has more technique and depth, you can tell a rookie from a n expert right off, because a button masher never wins, you have counter characters, parries, just defense, rolling, and etc. Timing is more importatnt than abusing specials ( unlike MVC). Characters that are strong pay heavy, like akuma, though I do agree sagat and bison are a weee strong, though nothing a dedicated fighter cant overcome.

All games have their tiers, but MVC is better at and more suited for the arcades. smokin'

True Sinister
I never unlocked Magneto how does he play?

The MISTER
Truth be told MVC2 would have been a masterpiece for me if they hadn't dumbed down the control scheme to a four button format. I guess they wanted people to think that they had skills even if they were button smashing five year olds.

I crushed 32 opponents in a row in with Spider-man in one of the previous games and though my opponents weren't winning they were all adults and seemed to have at least some skill.

MVC2 seems to emphasize learning when to call in your computer controlled allies so they can fight FOR you. If you just want to go at it active character vs active character play some other game.

And the dumbing down of the button layout was insulting to me after mastering the six-button layout (which was not that complicated and offered more options as far as starting combos.)

It was a damn disgrace and a slap in the face to anyone who had built a unique style that used the strong button to start combos or defend against specific attacks!

I've heard many people say that Spider-man was a weak character but I've never had a problem f*cking people up with him until they changed the control scheme. (especially in the arcade cause there are still six buttons.)

Spider-man, Wolverine, and Juggernaut are my team and before anyone starts trying to diss, wait until there's an X-box online incarnation or something like that. ( I can work with the phony new layout with a controller)

Spider-man has two ranged attacks and his supermoves are more versatile than Wolverines IMO. Throw in the web-swing attack for confusion tactics and I believe a mastered Spider-man's more dangerous than a mastered Wolverine.

EvilCap America
Originally posted by The MISTER
Truth be told MVC2 would have been a masterpiece for me if they hadn't dumbed down the control scheme to a four button format. I guess they wanted people to think that they had skills even if they were button smashing five year olds.

Problem button smashing 5 yeards can be killed in this game in an eyeblink

I crushed 32 opponents in a row in with Spider-man in one of the previous games and though my opponents weren't winning they were all adults and seemed to have at least some skill.

Thats one of the PREVIOUS games where Spiderman was godlike in MvsC2 hes the suck

MVC2 seems to emphasize learning when to call in your computer controlled allies so they can fight FOR you. If you just want to go at it active character vs active character play some other game.

MvsC2 adds another facet to the games complexity by adding assists and making actual teamwork count

And the dumbing down of the button layout was insulting to me after mastering the six-button layout (which was not that complicated and offered more options as far as starting combos.)

It was a damn disgrace and a slap in the face to anyone who had built a unique style that used the strong button to start combos or defend against specific attacks!

Only a few characters usffered from losing meadiums.Usually itwas weird characters like Shuma and Blackheart but generally most characters from old games gained more than they lost.

I've heard many people say that Spider-man was a weak character but I've never had a problem f*cking people up with him until they changed the control scheme. (especially in the arcade cause there are still six buttons.)

The game caught up with Spiderman who in previous games was a top tier often with great infinites and better priority than 90% of the other characters.Now hes surpassed and with AAAs hes below average in offense and looks like a damn statue when copompared to Magneto/StromTri-angle jumping rushdown

Spider-man, Wolverine, and Juggernaut are my team and before anyone starts trying to diss, wait until there's an X-box online incarnation or something like that. ( I can work with the phony new layout with a controller)

X-Box removed the online play they planned years ago because of contract problems.That team is also pretty crappy.They dont work particularly well together and i see you ddint even bother to list assists

Spider-man has two ranged attacks and his supermoves are more versatile than Wolverines IMO. Throw in the web-swing attack for confusion tactics and I believe a mastered Spider-man's more dangerous than a mastered Wolverine.

He has a slow 1 hit projectile nothing he does at range is fast enough to hit anyone wth alf a mind and none of his specials can be combed into without giving the opponent a chance to escape.Web swing wont ""Confuse" anyone either its too damn slow and linear.Wolverine is pretty sucky but at least he can combo into his supers and Bone claw Wolverines sliding claw asisst is greAt with a Flying Sentinel

CorderaMitchell
Its more of an annoying type move that, stops characters like wolverine in their pure physical attacks quite often.

Magneto's great, with speed and low defense, but has too much priority and superior moves like Iron man., Iron man is slower though, with no good launch move.

The MISTER
No it is fun, and easy to pick up, but there are GOD characters, Iron Man, Magneto, Gambit.

AC= button mashing, this game isn't on the technical aspect of Capcom vs. SNK 2, although fun for parties, it isn't appropriate for tourneys, you can just get a normal character and abuse them, the most complex combination for most characters (except Zangief) is a normal 90 degree foward, or backward.

CapvsSNK has more technique and depth, you can tell a rookie from a n expert right off, because a button masher never wins, you have counter characters, parries, just defense, rolling, and etc. Timing is more importatnt than abusing specials ( unlike MVC). Characters that are strong pay heavy, like akuma, though I do agree sagat and bison are a weee strong, though nothing a dedicated fighter cant overcome.

All games have their tiers, but MVC is better at and more suited for the arcades. smokin' DAMN STRAIGHT!!

Anyone who plays this game is pulling out combos and super-moves even if they've NEVER played a Capcom fighter.

And ANYONE who LIKES playing this game vs human opponenents with the damage level all the way up SUCKS!! this has nothing to do with the above post but it has to be said.

Only a sorry excuse for a gamer really thinks they're GOOD when they win fights by landing a special move or three! (Unless your intention is to acheive victories with nothing but super-moves and computer assists, no REAL skill neccesary) mad

GOOD FREAKIN POST!

CorderaMitchell
I try my brother, more on this later, this game technicality stuff has some lengthy posting.

But AD&D games like baldur's gate, are so long the manuals, are near 1000 pages at times, but I love that game see my sarevok avatar, I need to go to the comp games discussion forum.

EvilCap America

ACs follow a pattern you button mash you lose hits and damage.The complexity of motions is pretty unimportant too since by this day and age anyone worth half a damn can already pull off any motion

BS even the great A-Groove characters or people that have mastered RCing doesnt stack up to the stuff the upper tiers can do.Sentinel alone has canceling into and out of fly mode unfly mode unfly combos his weird corner combos proper has a normal attack for seemingly every position on screen.Magneto is so complex its almost impossible to follow since he can Tri-Jump and hit from any of 4 positions wile your only blocking form 1 notto mention he can also throw and start a combos or Guard Break off a tech hitted throw.CvsS2 blass the game i love it too death but most of it is just footsie poking and lv3 super countering

All games have their tiers, but MVC is better at and more suited for the arcades. smokin'

Yeah its suited to the arcades thats where peopleplay each other and all high level play is created at

EvilCap America
DAMN STRAIGHT!!

Anyone who plays this game is pulling out combos and super-moves even if they've NEVER played a Capcom fighter.

And ANYONE who LIKES playing this game vs human opponenents with the damage level all the way up SUCKS!! this has nothing to do with the above post but it has to be said.

Only a sorry excuse for a gamer really thinks they're GOOD when they win fights by landing a special move or three! (Unless your intention is to acheive victories with nothing but super-moves and computer assists, no REAL skill neccesary) mad

GOOD FREAKIN POST!

If you get hit by randomly done mashed out mocves STOP PLAYING FIGHTING GAMES.You obcviously arent capable of pushing or GASP UP to avoid a hit

Pardon me if your picture of skill in a fighting game involves losing because you refuse to use special moves or assists roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nataku8188
Originally posted by Wanderer259

Only in the secret super gear mode is it faster.

The MISTER
He has a slow 1 hit projectile nothing he does at range is fast enough to hit anyone wth alf a mind and none of his specials can be combed into without giving the opponent a chance to escape.Web swing wont ""Confuse" anyone either its too damn slow and linear.Wolverine is pretty sucky but at least he can combo into his supers and Bone claw Wolverines sliding claw asisst is greAt with a Flying Sentinel

I'm not saying that you're wrong but SLOW tactics can be VERY confusing. I've caught many opponents in mid-strike, special, or supermove with a well timed web-ball.

And the web-swing can be used while retreating to help EVADE as well as attack opponents that are slipping up and underestimating your versatility. ( But if it's used out of a combo it's a gamble for sure)

I'm basing my opinion on the fact that Wolverine users are somewhat predictable and a failed tornado claw or berserker barrage leaves an opening.

CorderaMitchell

to a degree, but it is for people of all ages and skill levels, but doesn't have the depth to be fairly playeed in a tourney.

Do you have a review of this on game faq's .com

The MISTER
If you get hit by randomly done mashed out mocves STOP PLAYING FIGHTING GAMES.You obcviously arent capable of pushing or GASP UP to avoid a hit

Pardon me if your picture of skill in a fighting game involves losing because you refuse to use special moves or assists roll eyes (sarcastic)
HA HA!

My friend you assume to much! I was talking about watching those with no skill fight the computer!

If you guage your profieciency at fighting games on the ONE capcom game that has LESSENED the NUMBER of BUTTONS.....well....

I ain't mad at ya smokin'

But best believe I welcome all challengers at default settings. I hope you prefer default settings.

EvilCap America
I'm not saying that you're wrong but SLOW tactics can be VERY confusing. I've caught many opponents in mid-strike, special, or supermove with a well timed web-ball.

And the web-swing can be used while retreating to help EVADE as well as attack opponents that are slipping up and underestimating your versatility. ( But if it's used out of a combo it's a gamble for sure)

I'm basing my opinion on the fact that Wolverine users are somewhat predictable and a failed tornado claw or berserker barrage leaves an opening.

Well the problem here is your basing your opinion on the ability of BAD players.I know id never be even hit by a web ball and web-swing has too much start-up to avoid anything except a randomly tossed out Proton Cannon

Wolverine being worse because bad players might mash and kill themselves isnt a god way to base the decision on.Heck Joe Zazz can be pretty brutal with Wolverine/B.Wolverine/Sentinel

EvilCap America
to a degree, but it is for people of all ages and skill levels, but doesn't have the depth to be fairly playeed in a tourney.

Do you have a review of this on game faq's .com

Problem-MvsC2 has generally been the biggest Tourny game in the US for years.CvsS2 while good never took the top spot and only GG T5 and Smash Bros get around the same attention nowadays

The MISTER
Well the problem here is your basing your opinion on the ability of BAD players.I know id never be even hit by a web ball and web-swing has too much start-up to avoid anything except a randomly tossed out Proton Cannon

Wolverine being worse because bad players might mash and kill themselves isnt a god way to base the decision on.Heck Joe Zazz can be pretty brutal with Wolverine/B.Wolverine/Sentinel

Once again you are assuming too much but I am glad that you are confident in your skills.

AS LONG AS YOU BATTLE WITH DAMAGE ON NORMAL....

I got nothin but love for ya smokin'

CorderaMitchell
Yea because its easier to pick up and play and has more noticable characters: spiderman, wolverine, samus, mario,

most people know a RYU much less a yamazaki. wink

EvilCap America
Yea because its easier to pick up and play and has more noticable characters: spiderman, wolverine, samus, mario,

most people know a RYU much less a yamazaki. wink

Eaiser to pick up on THINK your good maybe.Once they get OCVed by a average Magneto player that still uses years old HGxxMTx5 tactics they tend to rethink it and go pla Smash bros or Mash caliber

btw Yamazaki pwnz.I only wish CvsS2 had Daigo and have a Zaki'/Daigo/Sagat team and implode the universe through the sheer bad assery assembled

CorderaMitchell
Yes you agree with me there, soul calibur is a MASH FEST.\

Trust me I don't have a problem beating anyone, its just that the moves are easy, and of course that doesn't make you a great player, but I just hate changing my favorites, for the high end players, once they show up with, magneto iron man and gambit.

You should post on the Game versus forum too, we discuss this all day, and you are on game faqs, you will be welcomed in with open arms.

EvilCap America
Yes you agree with me there, soul calibur is a MASH FEST.\

Trust me I don't have a problem beating anyone, its just that the moves are easy, and of course that doesn't make you a great player, but I just hate changing my favorites, for the high end players, once they show up with, magneto iron man and gambit.

You should post on the Game versus forum too, we discuss this all day, and you are on game faqs, you will be welcomed in with open arms.

Well gambit isnt that good either he doesnt have anything besides a glitcdh thats banned in tourny play.Itronman is great but he takes MASSIVE dskill to play since his infinite can be difficulty to even use against good opponents with alot of mobility.Magz is great but i cant even touch him.Tri-angle jumping is too damn hard and its easy to get screwed up by an AAA if your not a pro at it already

Game VS Forum?I think i will.I actually only stumbled in here because of the Anime boards stuck around when i found the comic boards and i dont really go anywhere else.Ill give it a go

CorderaMitchell
The offf topic forum is AWESOME, wierd, but you'll find anything you want, flirt, and get an awesome sig made, mine is getting redone tonight.

Always visit more forums, there is something you'll like and many aren't full of cocky people, whowe love/hate,

Max Spidey 24
Yo u guys play the free online version....Not nearlyyyyyyyya s much characters buts its www.streetfighteronline.com

CorderaMitchell
thanks good friend.

Max Spidey 24
They got the ones that Matter Spiderman wolverine cyclops ryu ken bison sakura sentinal akuma and maybe more i forget. I miss my trone bonne she aint in there so my teAM AINT COMPLAETE.

Any way Maximum spider eats wolverines for breakfast.

CorderaMitchell
and the web super, spiderman quick web whoops wolverine's all physical moves with ease, wolverine is more of a mash character.

Max Spidey 24
I dont even call him Spiderman anymore. I call him Anti Wolverine.

Nataku8188
but doesn't have the depth to be fairly playeed in a tourney.

Yes it does. You have to have impecable timing and skill to do infinites, as well as use assists correctly. You ever see a tournament round? The guys who suck throw out an assist and lose 2 chars in one combo. Good players use rolls, push blocks, assist breaks, etc.

MvC2 is a VERY hard game.

EvilCap America
Originally posted by Nataku8188
Yes it does. You have to have impecable timing and skill to do infinites, as well as use assists correctly. You ever see a tournament round? The guys who suck throw out an assist and lose 2 chars in one combo. Good players use rolls, push blocks, assist breaks, etc.

This is true.5 years of play and a fair amount of tourny expeirence makes me honestly agree.Sentinel alone has more variation in ability and depth than many old fighting games by himself

dvampire
Everyone keeps saying that. Are u some sort of capcom fan?

Yes I'm a Capcom fan, but I'm also a SNK fan aswell. Truth is SVC is really a bad game, try playing it on X-box you'll see what I mean. smile

CorderaMitchell

I repeat, fairly played. Infinites take time and skill to master, but like you said, you'll lose the char. in one combo, making it broken on some levels.

It has more depth, than SSB, maybe equal to Soul Calubur , but not games like SF3, where you need more timing, and discretion with moves, as compared to MvC

I own these games,and enjoy all of them regularly. smokin'

EvilCap America
I repeat, fairly played. Infinites take time and skill to master, but like you said, you'll lose the char. in one combo, making it broken on some levels.

It has more depth, than SSB, maybe equal to Soul Calubur , but not games like SF3, where you need more timing, and discretion with moves, as compared to MvC

I own these games,and enjoy all of them regularly. smokin'

Two words-Damage Scaling

Infinites now drop to almost no damage after a few reps and the more hits you have in a combo the less damage it does

Your also SERIOUSLY underestimating the depth of MvsC2.Have you ever even seen a vid of high level play?Do you know the kind of stuff that goes in in a tourny level MvsC2 game and ALL that you have to take into account?The very LEAST SF3 is equal to it in depth and even THAT game comes down to Chunny and Ken.Sure being able to parry every hit Chunnys super then ground combo into DP then manually cancel into a super is pretty impressive but the complexity of Magnetos play is easily on par as in the 1 pixal Cable comeback

................and Never ever compar SC to a good game again mad

CorderaMitchell
LOl

yes it is very difficult to play against another skilled player, no matter the game,

In MvC2, it is a good tourney game, I just wouldn't see it as serious, since their are characters that are obsolete, despite the skill.

Yes tourneys have people who can win in a few moves, I have too, but this applies to basically all games, there are technicalies to be exploited, and some are banned more on this later, i'm testing my new sig.

dvampire
Where's the Guile and Cap love! They were good in MVC2 especially Guile (one of my favorite characters in this game).

CorderaMitchell
Actually guile was a GREAT character, better than charlie, and arguably ken, ryu, and akuma....

You see the sig?

Nataku8188
Two words-Damage Scaling

Infinites now drop to almost no damage after a few reps and the more hits you have in a combo the less damage it does

Your also SERIOUSLY underestimating the depth of MvsC2.Have you ever even seen a vid of high level play?Do you know the kind of stuff that goes in in a tourny level MvsC2 game and ALL that you have to take into account?The very LEAST SF3 is equal to it in depth and even THAT game comes down to Chunny and Ken.Sure being able to parry every hit Chunnys super then ground combo into DP then manually cancel into a super is pretty impressive but the complexity of Magnetos play is easily on par as in the 1 pixal Cable comeback

................and Never ever compar SC to a good game again mad

You sir, are amazing.

I don't claim to be the best at MvC2, hell, I can't even do infinites regularly (Then again, I don't practice them) but I can assure you, it is one of the most deep games around. If you play like me and my friends, you're about as good at MvC2 you can get without using infinites and seriously insane tricks, like flight cancel combos and shit.

Have you ever tried to get out of a Cammy/Doom AAA corner lock? It's ridiculous!

If you define depth by timing, MvC2 requires more timing than any other game.

If you define it by the choice of moves you have to use, MvC2 has more combinations of moves and more variations due to partners then most games.

If you define depthy by speed, GG X2 is faster, but when you throw in partners, and the amount of chaos caused by most MvC2 characters, there is much more happening on screen in a MvC2 game at any given moment than a GG x2 game.

As for Wolvie vs Spidey-

One of the wolvies can dash through his opponent with qcb+hp, which, if used properly, can be very effective. As for the spidey web, it's useless anywhere except almost ontop of them, because if you hit them as it breaks, they auto-block, and you have to use the heavy version. A good Wolvie player will cancel their dash, block and then use his launcher kick as you fall, which has higher priority and hits where Spidey can't reach. Of course, spidey can also use web swing with almost any assist to break up an attack by wolverine, and there goes a ton of his HP.

Wolverine is just a harder character to use, because he takes mega damage. Hell, I use Akuma, the trick is just to take AAA Doom and let the rocks cover your ass so you can keep them corner locked.

Nataku8188
Actually guile was a GREAT character, better than charlie, and arguably ken, ryu, and akuma....

You see the sig?

Guile and Akuma are amazing. Akuma can HK through S.Samurai's hyper shurikens if timed correctly. Ken is also great, Ryu and Charlie suck somethin' fierce tho.

CorderaMitchell
You sir, are amazing.

I don't claim to be the best at MvC2, hell, I can't even do infinites regularly (Then again, I don't practice them) but I can assure you, it is one of the most deep games around. If you play like me and my friends, you're about as good at MvC2 you can get without using infinites and seriously insane tricks, like flight cancel combos and shit.

Have you ever tried to get out of a Cammy/Doom AAA corner lock? It's ridiculous!

If you define depth by timing, MvC2 requires more timing than any other game.

If you define it by the choice of moves you have to use, MvC2 has more combinations of moves and more variations due to partners then most games.

If you define depthy by speed, GG X2 is faster, but when you throw in partners, and the amount of chaos caused by most MvC2 characters, there is much more happening on screen in a MvC2 game at any given moment than a GG x2 game.

As for Wolvie vs Spidey-

One of the wolvies can dash through his opponent with qcb+hp, which, if used properly, can be very effective. As for the spidey web, it's useless anywhere except almost ontop of them, because if you hit them as it breaks, they auto-block, and you have to use the heavy version. A good Wolvie player will cancel their dash, block and then use his launcher kick as you fall, which has higher priority and hits where Spidey can't reach. Of course, spidey can also use web swing with almost any assist to break up an attack by wolverine, and there goes a ton of his HP.

Wolverine is just a harder character to use, because he takes mega damage. Hell, I use Akuma, the trick is just to take AAA Doom and let the rocks cover your ass so you can keep them corner locked.

I pretty much agree here, there are 2 types of people ones that played great without the infinites and such and such( I don't care for them).
And those who use them to hell...............

In tourney's you better bet they pack those infinites like, a bunch of secret rares in a Yu Gi Oh tourney.

Yes webbing isn't totally reliable and should be used to annoy, the fast "dash" attack by wolverine is VERY effective and damaging, but I like the effectiveness of a semicircle reverse p, move against wolverine, considering a 1on1 match, with assists in and out its useless, I use the web swing, andspidey sting while jumping to get maximum effectiveness against a wolverine player. smokin'

EvilCap America

You see the sig?

Guile is only ok.Hes got good priority and his AAA has a kinda upwards firing projectile so he can be effective against Sentinel in Fly mode and Runaway Storm but his damage is limited to short ground combos into Sonic hurricane.Charlie pwnz him because he has more damage on his combos into supers and his Moonsault slash is great for rushdown with the right assist

Kens the best of the shoto 3 in this game.His Hurricane Kick in ACs does Brutal damage and the extra hit he gets compared to Akumas version beats out Akumas ability to cancel it into his air fireball super.The totally Invincbile AAA Ken has and MUCH higher stamina also gives him an edge over Akuma

Technically Ryu is the worst of the 3 BUT his Tiger Kneed Shinkuu Hadoken is actually a great counter and starts up with near AHVB quickness

CorderaMitchell
Yea in technical aspects ryu is the weakest, but thats my point the tiergaps here are much larger than in most games.

Why do you hate soul calibur? I'd probably agree with you on most accounts, but I'm pretty game tolerant myself...

EvilCap America
Yea in technical aspects ryu is the weakest, but thats my point the tiergaps here are much larger than in most games.

Why do you hate soul calibur? I'd probably agree with you on most accounts, but I'm pretty game tolerant myself...

I actually just enjoy poking fun at certain fighting games maybe a bit more than they actually deserve here and there.Im actually a former SC Tourny champ but i got tierd of the game eventually.Low-mid level in SC2 is just too overly simplistic and higher level play just involves iveruse of screwy defense systems built into the game and reduces it too an UBER pokefest

Anyways im mostly playing the Budokai fighters now and the thinking about the GC Nauto game.They are pretty udnerrated and real innovative

CorderaMitchell
You are playing "Budokai", hmmmmmmmmm you aren't as picky as I thought. Though I myself don't like high, low games.

I'll check out some reviews and faqs of yours.

Who was your mainSC character?

EvilCap America
You are playing "Budokai", hmmmmmmmmm you aren't as picky as I thought. Though I myself don't like high, low games.

I'll check out some reviews and faqs of yours.

Who was your mainSC character?

Keep in mind it was never my main game and i stopped playing SC1 back around 2002 when i won a tourny i rightfully should have lost at Sugoicon but i played Kilik

The Budokai games actually alot of fun and B3 can hang with damn near anything in depth.

CorderaMitchell
B3 is an improvement.

If only capcom wasn't so lazy.

MERCILOUS
That game suck. The controls was very bad in that game. sad It's the worst SNK fighting game I ever played. But some of the characters endings I liked. smile

You're completely insane.

MERCILOUS
Guile is king in SvC chaos. They finally made his moves as they were inteded to be. All the charge times are dramatically reduced (they equal the time that an other character is vunerable after firing a projectile.) So someone with some technique can go fire ball to fire ball with your other projectile happy characters. Plus, there's even some leway as to when you can push the button after pushing foward, so your sonic booms are even more unpredictable. SvC chaos rules all!

CorderaMitchell
The game is great for diehard fans, it had good characters and moves, but the game wasn't made as well, there's some odd hit boxes and such, but its probably from a alack of money.

MERCILOUS
odd hit boxes? explain and give examples please.

CorderaMitchell
In SOME instances, a hit that you perform that would normally mis, and ones that shouuld would connect, a flying HK may aim for the high hit box,( unguardable by a low block) but hit the low hit box,(unguardable by high blocks), or if it missed it would hit anyway, thats all, I'm sorry.

MERCILOUS
hmmm, I think that's pretty rare thuogh, I've played quite a bit and can only remember it happening once or twice.

CorderaMitchell
I never said it was bad, especially if you are an SNK fan, but it is just slightly inferior to CvSNK, though the characters are a breath of fresh air.

Either way how do you feel about MvC2

MERCILOUS
Love how it's over the top. Don't like how all the combos are the same. Hate the jams. But other than that it was my favorite till Chaos came out.

CorderaMitchell
lol

I don't care for the high low type games in serious play, but it is stillvery fun.

The MISTER
Does anyone think that changing the six button format was unneccesary?

CorderaMitchell
I love the six button format, and myself don't like the high/low type.

SFA3 in my opinion is still on of the best fighting games to date, with excellent technichality and speed, it is fun to play, but doesn't like button mashers, and even if you played it alone, it would still be ecough to keep you busy for hours on end.

The MISTER
I love the six button format, and myself don't like the high/low type.

SFA3 in my opinion is still on of the best fighting games to date, with excellent technichality and speed, it is fun to play, but doesn't like button mashers, and even if you played it alone, it would still be ecough to keep you busy for hours on end.

Actually I remember reading previews in game magazines where they (Capcom) admitted reducing the number of buttons to make the combos easier for those with no skill.

SFA3 is a great game and one of fighting games finest. (the GBA version is outstanding.)

And as far as technicality goes there are NO games that don't have a technical aspect to explore. Pac-Man, Asteroids, Frogger, and Space Invaders each had VERY detailed STRATEGY GUIDES! ( I was shocked the first time I saw one ) so MVC2 technical aspects aren't THAT impressive to me. (Especially when they DUMBED DOWN the buttons)
But I LOVE the amount of characters available and that makes up for the button config. It's damn fun to play with the coolest characters from comics and video games.

Max Spidey 24
I think I read that too.

CorderaMitchell
lol

dvampire
Kens the best of the shoto 3 in this game.His Hurricane Kick in ACs does Brutal damage and the extra hit he gets compared to Akumas version beats out Akumas ability to cancel it into his air fireball super.The totally Invincbile AAA Ken has and MUCH higher stamina also gives him an edge over Akuma

Technically Ryu is the worst of the 3 BUT his Tiger Kneed Shinkuu Hadoken is actually a great counter and starts up with near AHVB quickness

I think he's the best of the three. Ryu is pretty much blanced in this game and can put some hurt on anybody in the hands of a skilled player with his good dash. Ken doesn't have any good distance attacks like he did in MVS, but his air Tasumaki Senpukyaku can do as much as a super combo. Akuma I thought was the weakest of the three because he takes to much damage. smile

CorderaMitchell
akuma always takes too much damage................
of course for balance

Nataku8188
I think he's the best of the three. Ryu is pretty much blanced in this game and can put some hurt on anybody in the hands of a skilled player with his good dash. Ken doesn't have any good distance attacks like he did in MVS, but his air Tasumaki Senpukyaku can do as much as a super combo. Akuma I thought was the weakest of the three because he takes to much damage. smile

Ryu's dash sucks.

Ken doesn't need a distance attack.

Akuma is faster and stronger than Ryu. You can hurricane kick, crouching l.kick, hurricane kick, cancel to hyper air fireball, hyper cancel, hyper cancel. If you pick the right team, that combo can get 100+ damage, easy.

For the record, if you dash, hop, lp, c.lp, c.hp, jump, lp, lk, hurricane kick, air fireball hyper, you do anywhere from 60-90 damage, depending on the timing of the fireball.

Also, for the record, here is the damage of all three shoto's moves;

Hadoken -
Akuma- 14
Ken- 12
Ryu- 14

Shoryuken -
Akuma- 24
Ken- 26
Ryu- 20

Hurricane kick-
Akuma- 23
Ken- 22
Ryu- 16

Hypers-
Shoryuken-
Akuma-41
Ken- (Not sure which one, I didn't specify with my notes) 46
Ryu- 37/80 (80 for 3 meters)

Hadoken-
Akuma- 30-52
Ken- 43 (Think thats his invincible shoryuken hyper)
Ryu- 26-46

Hurricane kick-
Akuma- 45
Ken- 46
Ryu- 49

As for priority, Akuma's priority beats Ryu by a mile, and most of his moves are higher than Ken. He also has the Ashura warp, which when used with the proper assist, can be a mega bastard. If you use Doom like me, when they call in their assist, call Doom AAA, warp through them, hurricane kick -> hadoken hyper aerial to punisher their partner, and possibly them if the rocks caught them.

Synposis-
Depending on your style of play, Akuma or Ken are pretty much equal. Ryu, on the other hand, is absoloutly horrible, and has no place in MvC2 except as my ragdoll during training.

CorderaMitchell
That AND the fact that Cyclops is a much better substitute for ryu, sorry d.

Cyclops plays a little looser, and his projectile is a beam type(though weak),his supers cover more range, and Cyclops makes a decent assist, though I still cant resist a good juggernaut punch after all of these years.

dvampire
Ryu's dash sucks.

Ken doesn't need a distance attack.

Akuma is faster and stronger than Ryu. You can hurricane kick, crouching l.kick, hurricane kick, cancel to hyper air fireball, hyper cancel, hyper cancel. If you pick the right team, that combo can get 100+ damage, easy.

For the record, if you dash, hop, lp, c.lp, c.hp, jump, lp, lk, hurricane kick, air fireball hyper, you do anywhere from 60-90 damage, depending on the timing of the fireball.

Also, for the record, here is the damage of all three shoto's moves;

Hadoken -
Akuma- 14
Ken- 12
Ryu- 14

Shoryuken -
Akuma- 24
Ken- 26
Ryu- 20

Hurricane kick-
Akuma- 23
Ken- 22
Ryu- 16

Hypers-
Shoryuken-
Akuma-41
Ken- (Not sure which one, I didn't specify with my notes) 46
Ryu- 37/80 (80 for 3 meters)

Hadoken-
Akuma- 30-52
Ken- 43 (Think thats his invincible shoryuken hyper)
Ryu- 26-46

Hurricane kick-
Akuma- 45
Ken- 46
Ryu- 49

As for priority, Akuma's priority beats Ryu by a mile, and most of his moves are higher than Ken. He also has the Ashura warp, which when used with the proper assist, can be a mega bastard. If you use Doom like me, when they call in their assist, call Doom AAA, warp through them, hurricane kick -> hadoken hyper aerial to punisher their partner, and possibly them if the rocks caught them.

Synposis-
Depending on your style of play, Akuma or Ken are pretty much equal. Ryu, on the other hand, is absoloutly horrible, and has no place in MvC2 except as my ragdoll during training.

Ryu is a good character in this game with decent power and speed. Maybe you need to play with him more. His shoryuken is the best out of the three, Akuma and Ken may take more damage, but they have to fully make contact with theres, when Ryu hits you with his it knocks them back no matter what. His dash is one of the best in the game, it's quick and you can fool alot of players with it. A Shinkuu Hadoken after a successful Aerial Rave deals good damage,or a Shinku Tatsumaki Senpukyaku after a down and two short kick, then strong kick does alot of damage. smile And all of three of there air Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku is good to use to keep people out of the air. smile

CorderaMitchell
I didn't see too many problems myself with the dash.

Honestly I still use ryu, but it just isn't a good choice for the infinity scrubs ( no offense), who force you to use higher end characters, not that these are invincible. People foolishly lose many a time trying to set up a one shot pony tactic.

P.S that sagat pic and the constant smilies don't work together lol, a creepy big guy, with a friendly smilie.. Makes me shudder.

dvampire

Honestly I still use ryu, but it just isn't a good choice for the infinity scrubs ( no offense), who force you to use higher end characters, not that these are invincible. People foolishly lose many a time trying to set up a one shot pony tactic.

P.S that sagat pic and the constant smilies don't work together lol, a creepy big guy, with a friendly smilie.. Makes me shudder.

laughing laughing laughing

Whats up. Yeah I know his not the best in the game but he can hold his own especially if you team him up with the right team. I'll lay off the smilies.

CorderaMitchell
nonono, I like them I liike being creeped out,lol

dvampire
nonono, I like them I liike being creeped out,lol

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

CorderaMitchell
go to the even more list, by using edit or quote, and find the super dancing bananadancedancedance

JWangSDC
i'm the best at this game. unless one of you is named justin wong or sanford kelly.

CorderaMitchell
oh i thought he was actually making a point silly me stick out tongue

EvilCap America

What is this "Infinity scrub" thing that you speak of?

That first combo is rollable thus totally useless not to mention any combo DHCed 2X can do that much and more if you have a partner like Storm.The 2nd one has the same problem all the shotos suffer from a launcher that has virtually no horizontal range which limits the effectiveness of their only good combo.Thing is Ken has the same thing but IIRC he does about the same damage because his HK gest an extra glitched hit so he has equivalent damage for no super meter cost

CorderaMitchell
No infinity scrubs are people who use those and only those in any match, notice isaid no names.

I already agreed akuma is a better choice over ryu, he's faster, stronger, and more versatile. Cyclops is a bettre choice, ryu simply has the short end of the stick here.. wink

EvilCap America
No infinity scrubs are people who use those and only those in any match, notice isaid no names.

I already agreed akuma is a better choice over ryu, he's faster, stronger, and more versatile. Cyclops is a bettre choice, ryu simply has the short end of the stick here.. wink

1 There are 2 characters that use infinites as part of their overall strategy.Ironman who lacks a little in the speed/mobility department and Magneto who eats 95% of the cast alive if you master his ungodly complex rushdown

2 Ryu doesnt really ave anything special to pevent getting into a infinite from these characters.IM he can stalemate all he has to do is try to keep from getting hit with Psylockes AAA or getting launched into an AC that leads to the infinite.Magneto is another story if anyone had answers for a good Magneto player it would be all over SRK by now.The best counters to Magneto are CapComs AAA or Trons projectile and to HOPE you nail him a few times and cause too much damage for him to compensate for.I myself find i can use BlackHeart and mix demon spamming pretty well to try and lug the gaps Magz tends to go through but that still takes alot of work

CorderaMitchell
Yea, there are also lockdowns with cammy and blackheart as well, there's actually alot of different assists and combinations you can make,

What COMPUTER opponent do u hate, i've always been annoyed by rouge, jill, and omega red when they start to lose, they start to cheat.

EvilCap America
The paradox of the AI

On one hand ive had them take utterly crappy character5s and somehow stop my well coordinated Sentinel/CapCom fly mode stomp with a random SJ into AC.Ive also been thrown and seemingly impossible times

On the other hand ive been ablle to score perfects on them AI with Silver Samurai because they are to stupid to get out of HPX2xxShuriken repeat

Generally i hate the characters which seem to have sickening timing on everything they do BBHood Wolverine Chunny Spiderman Charlie and a couple others.I used to not like Storm/Rogue when they start their crazy rushdown but these days Magneto/Storms play like that just X10 better and make every hit take at least 50% health so ive gotten used to it

CorderaMitchell
Yea, I really hate Jills rushdown, and Omega red's mechanical timing, it drives me nuts. Like the original SF2 does, (that game is cheapness incarnate)

The MISTER
I hate Storm and Rouge when they start that crazy flying high low sh*t but they still get crushed! (most of the time) wink

CorderaMitchell
Rouge and her damned, punching over and over, and Gill too, grr, and omega red, censored.

3 juggernauts own, but are cheezy

EvilCap America
I hate Storm and Rouge when they start that crazy flying high low sh*t but they still get crushed! (most of the time) wink

Just remember there are Human players that do that except every one of those moves are calculated instead of random they usually have several moves planned for after they either hit or get blocked 4 ways to get around your block and when they DO hit its gonna hurt a whole fuggin lot

Guys who rush that well in human hands

Magneto
Storm
Anakaris
Doom
Dhalsim
Rogue

The MISTER
Just remember there are Human players that do that except every one of those moves are calculated instead of random they usually have several moves planned for after they either hit or get blocked 4 ways to get around your block and when they DO hit its gonna hurt a whole fuggin lot

Guys who rush that well in human hands

Magneto
Storm
Anakaris
Doom
Dhalsim
Rogue

Man you've got to understand this....

I WANT someone to give me some COMP!!

EVERYONE who talks about how good they are at Capcom games calls me a cheater and refuses to battle me after I EMBARRASS them on ANY of the MARVEL vs games...

I just don't like the NEW button layout at the arcade cause I GREW UP using all six buttons for EVERY Capcom fighter before this one...That's over ten years of the same layout and who's to say that it won't go back to that style?

It's like mastering the piano only to find that your skill is now ONLY GAUGED by how well you play the keyboard....

I really hate it at the arcade cause the buttons are still in the SAME PLACE!! So the very first time I got on it (FIRST TIME!) I'm pressing the fierce button cause it's second nature after TEN YEARS of it BEING the FIERCE BUTTON and it's NOT THE F*CKIN FIERCE BUTTON!!! ( That was a long time ago so it may have been the jab that was changed)

Regardless, the guy I was playing against wasn't about to give me a second (understandably) to get used to the new layout and he had obviously mastered combining his supers...Usually that's not a problem for me but after he killed two of my characters with ONE MOVE I realized that the greedy arcade owner had the damage notched up due to the long fights that can come from the default damage setting!

I was setting my dudes up to get killed cause I wasn't adjusting quickly to the phony new controls (understandably) and I kept hitting the assist button. There wasn't ANY time to adjust cause the DAMAGE was high and the dude WAS good, and every time I made the mistake of pressing a button that had ALWAYS been an attack button 2 of my characters committed suicide....

Now this wouldn't have bothered me if I hadn't held a REP for clearing all competitors young, old, and fanatical off of the earlier Capcom fighters with BROKEN JOYSTCKS!!! And I would PURPOSELY CHOOSE the worst joystick so that my opponents couldn't use that as an excuse for why they got crushed. ( I never blame the controller verbally ) I would still crush opponents with buttons that didn't work and joysticks that didn't allow for precision combos.

I got skills and I can prove it....But I can't up here so why start somethin I can't finish? smokin'

EvilCap America
Eh ive been playing since SF1 i was mediocre in the SF2 days was an ok player by SFA and then i got to be a solid player arond 2001.Ive adjusted across the spectrum its not reallt that hard once you put some practice in

How were you on SFA3?I had a pretty solid Karin going way back and i played a nice Zangeif and Dhalsim as well

The MISTER
Eh ive been playing since SF1 i was mediocre in the SF2 days was an ok player by SFA and then i got to be a solid player arond 2001.Ive adjusted across the spectrum its not reallt that hard once you put some practice in

How were you on SFA3?I had a pretty solid Karin going way back and i played a nice Zangeif and Dhalsim as well I was a monster with Blanka on SF2 and I'm a Ken fanboy ( cause my favorite move of all time is the Shoryuken)As far as SF3 goes it's hard for me to tell how good I was cause nobody ever wanted to battle me at home cause they'd lose like 99% of the time. (Even with Shin Akuma) At the arcade there was never anyone who I just COULDN'T beat but one time this guy was REAL confident that he was some tournament king and I beat him a round with Blanka after he told me I shouldn't have picked him vs Ryu for some technical reason...He got real mad about losing that round and he beat me but not by a lot and unfortunately I didn't have any more money. I'm nasty with Ken though and can capitalize on almost any missed move.

I just recently found out that the roundhouse webswing can be two in oned with a maximum spider but it's hard to do with the x-box controller. smile

EvilCap America
I was a monster with Blanka on SF2 and I'm a Ken fanboy ( cause my favorite move of all time is the Shoryuken)As far as SF3 goes it's hard for me to tell how good I was cause nobody ever wanted to battle me at home cause they'd lose like 99% of the time. (Even with Shin Akuma) At the arcade there was never anyone who I just COULDN'T beat but one time this guy was REAL confident that he was some tournament king and I beat him a round with Blanka after he told me I shouldn't have picked him vs Ryu for some technical reason...He got real mad about losing that round and he beat me but not by a lot and unfortunately I didn't have any more money. I'm nasty with Ken though and can capitalize on almost any missed move.

I just recently found out that the roundhouse webswing can be two in oned with a maximum spider but it's hard to do with the x-box controller. smile

SF2=Guile kicks your butt:The game big grin

Spiderman can cancel a HP Spider Sting into Maximum Spider but its inconsistant.He really doesnt have much for combos into super though at best he can 2 lights into HKxxCrawler Assault and do mediocre Guileish damage

The MISTER
If you mean the computer Guile you're right cause he didn't have to charge anything and you're right about Blanka having a HUGE disadvantage against a skilled human Guile.

The thing was that I had created this uber cheap combo that was real close to a re-dizzy...you could block the last of the seven hits ( three dizzied and the same three couldn't be blocked) but if the seventh hit wasn't blocked it would get you dizzy again and the fight was mine. (I was into SF2 turbo by the time I came up with this cheap combo)

EvilCap America
If you mean the computer Guile you're right cause he didn't have to charge anything and you're right about Blanka having a HUGE disadvantage against a skilled human Guile.

The thing was that I had created this uber cheap combo that was real close to a re-dizzy...you could block the last of the seven hits ( three dizzied and the same three couldn't be blocked) but if the seventh hit wasn't blocked it would get you dizzy again and the fight was mine. (I was into SF2 turbo by the time I came up with this cheap combo)

Nothing is cheap thats not a game breaking glitch.If you land a re-dizzy off that you deserve it but it wasent likely to happen in SF2

SF2 Guile had huge advantages over the entire cast and Tourny play had 2 match-ups.It was either Guile vs Dhalsim or Guile vs some dumbass that didnt choose Dhalsim against him and lost..Not to mention there were seveal ways Guile could land real redizzy combos with the 4 Fiierce and 7 jab re-dizzies he had along with the chance of just being thrown to death once you get knocked down

In fact when you look at the older games MvsC2 looks pretty darn balanced big grin

The MISTER
It's very well balanced to me but that goes down the drain once you max the Damage...to me that changes the entire strategy of the game.

For example it's the only setting that my girlfriend will play me on and I have to pick characters that I don't play with for her to have any shot at a win...and I still have to fake a loss to her after a few consecutive wins with servbot, roll, and BBhood.

And the really sad thing is that she BEGGED me to find this somewhat rare game claiming that she was REALLY good at it.....

I tell her that she is... smokin'

CorderaMitchell
Cheap is when you take advantage of the fact that noone else will use this tactic as it takes the fun out of the game, and only can be beaten one way, making matches boring, if my computer keeps doing cheesy tactics with the cpu after I beat them its time to move on, as they haven't grown and have nothing else to offer me......... wink

The MISTER
I've found that doing the unexpected will usually cause a human to abandon their usual tactics long enough to capitalize on their unfamiliarity with anything other than thier usual methods of attack. Confusion leads to frustration and frustration leads to mistakes. smokin'

EvilCap America
Cheap is when you take advantage of the fact that noone else will use this tactic as it takes the fun out of the game, and only can be beaten one way, making matches boring, if my computer keeps doing cheesy tactics with the cpu after I beat them its time to move on, as they haven't grown and have nothing else to offer me......... wink

Im sorry thats not right on levels.The only things that have ever been worth banning in competitive play are

1 Game breaking glitches-Gambits off-screen glitch Ruby hearts freeze glitch Venom/BBHoods slowdown until the game freezes glitch Handcuff throws etc

2 Characters outside the format of the game-Akuma in ST where his Air Fireball was pretty much impossible for anyone to get through SNK Bosses meant to take on your entire team and win

Anything no matter how repetitive is fair game.Heck ifi ts repetitive at all i can only blame myself for falling for it and not figuring out a counter

CorderaMitchell
I never said ban worthy, just dishonorable, like constant throwing in early sf, before they had the get-up recovery.

Sorry I meant opponent , not computer.

The MISTER
Im sorry thats not right on levels.The only things that have ever been worth banning in competitive play are

1 Game breaking glitches-Gambits off-screen glitch Ruby hearts freeze glitch Venom/BBHoods slowdown until the game freezes glitch Handcuff throws etc

2 Characters outside the format of the game-Akuma in ST where his Air Fireball was pretty much impossible for anyone to get through SNK Bosses meant to take on your entire team and win

Anything no matter how repetitive is fair game.Heck ifi ts repetitive at all i can only blame myself for falling for it and not figuring out a counter

Like my brother always says " If it's in the game it's not cheating" glitches are just that...glitches. They were never meant to be included in the game.

But cheesy opponents are quite boring to battle because after you figure out how to counter their one cheesy attack they don't have anything else to offer

CorderaMitchell
Amen, I don't want to have to resort to their repetitive level, the best are the ones who adapt. Period

The MISTER
Exactly and that's why cheesy bastards are so boring to fight

They attack with a move that's only countered by one other specific move, and the skilled player finds that move...

Then the fight reverses and it makes the skilled player look cheesy and the scrub will inevitably say "SEE YOU'RE ONLY USING ONE MOVE!!!"

I hate it when a scrub WON'T quit....pimp

Zenoside
I dont know about you guys, but I always have strider on my team.
Normally I NEVER lose with that guy.

Strider=Bada$$

CorderaMitchell

They attack with a move that's only countered by one other specific move, and the skilled player finds that move...

Then the fight reverses and it makes the skilled player look cheesy and the scrub will inevitably say "SEE YOU'RE ONLY USING ONE MOVE!!!"

My cousin did the same thing on Capvs. SNK,I was way more skilled , could throw 50 messatsu gou hado's with akuma on the ps controller, he used bison with his cheesy high priority moves over and over, and when you're akuma it doesn't take much, so I got tired of his nonstop block sweep, and I waited for him to attack and counterattack, making the match VERY boring...

EvilCap America

Ive had similar moments i LOVE Scrub complaints too.They show how little they actually know about the game and gives me a fwew laughs

One time im playing Megaman/Blackheart/Sentinel and im running a Rockball trap and beatting a good number of people.One guy while playing says "Why dont you fight for real?"

I had to answer "What do you WANT me to do with Megaman?Rush you down with his mighty 2 pixal ranged melee attacks?".It was his problem for jumping into the same 3 attacks over and over again.The really good players got around it after all and usually killed my MM instantly why didnt he?

CorderaMitchell
MvC2 is like yugioh, hella fun and easy to learn, but the higher leveled players had the same cards, that won fast ,and got repetitive.

Swords of Revealing Light, Raigeki, Dark Hole, Harpie's feather duster, Jinzo, blah, blah , blah. I made an effective dragon deck and counter deck and still won, almost all the time. Just like this, when people use god characters, I still pul many a win with, spidey(speed), venom( unpredictability), ryu(str), once you're good you can play with the "worst,a ndstill win from basic fighter wisdom.

EvilCap America
MvC2 is like yugioh, hella fun and easy to learn, but the higher leveled players had the same cards, that won fast ,and got repetitive.

Swords of Revealing Light, Raigeki, Dark Hole, Harpie's feather duster, Jinzo, blah, blah , blah. I made an effective dragon deck and counter deck and still won, almost all the time. Just like this, when people use god characters, I still pul many a win with, spidey(speed), venom( unpredictability), ryu(str), once you're good you can play with the "worst,a ndstill win from basic fighter wisdom.

Actually high level play in MvsC2 is MUCH more varied than any lower tier characters can manage.Of to commonly played characters on Cable tends to be repetitive and simple but Mag/Storm/Sentinel having amazing depth and are a virtual tornado of activity

Hey if your still into Yugioh check xerocreative.com .They have a program where you can play other people online and it has all the cards in the game already programmed into it.You can also play Advanced settings where most of the old over powered cards are banned

The MISTER
Ive had similar moments i LOVE Scrub complaints too.They show how little they actually know about the game and gives me a fwew laughs

One time im playing Megaman/Blackheart/Sentinel and im running a Rockball trap and beatting a good number of people.One guy while playing says "Why dont you fight for real?"

I had to answer "What do you WANT me to do with Megaman?Rush you down with his mighty 2 pixal ranged melee attacks?".It was his problem for jumping into the same 3 attacks over and over again.The really good players got around it after all and usually killed my MM instantly why didnt he?

I almost had to beat this one dude down in the Putt-Putt cause he just plain SUCKED. If you can't block you suck...it's not my fault smokin'

Anywho this b*tch is talking trash while playing, trying to boost his confidence I guess or chatter down my concentration... roll eyes (sarcastic)

He's still getting crushed so then he starts yelling telling me I better quit cheating. Now I'm pissed so I crushed him with some really dirty tactics and tell him that If he wants to get beat down out of the game he can keep trying to tell me what I'd BETTER do. mad He quit playing...

He wasn't a stranger either cause I recognized his face from my lunch table ( High School years... smile gotta love em). I was that close to catching a charge that night....the only time I ever almost fought at the
arcade. smokin'

( I think it pisses people off more that I'm silent while I'm whippin their ass! laughing )

CorderaMitchell
Actually high level play in MvsC2 is MUCH more varied than any lower tier characters can manage.Of to commonly played characters on Cable tends to be repetitive and simple but Mag/Storm/Sentinel having amazing depth and are a virtual tornado of activity

Hey if your still into Yugioh check xerocreative.com .They have a program where you can play other people online and it has all the cards in the game already programmed into it.You can also play Advanced settings where most of the old over powered cards are banned

Yea it looks nice, but like yu gi oh! it can be broken down into simple concepts for players used to alpha 3 and such, though not MK or SC.

MISTER, did you hear about the guy who shot and killed his cousin after losing a game of madden?

GothamProtector
Yugi no

CorderaMitchell
yea I sold those decks to a kid for 200$ and a palm pilot or whatever it is, a long time ago , it was fun while it lasted.

EvilCap America
Yea it looks nice, but like yu gi oh! it can be broken down into simple concepts for players used to alpha 3 and such, though not MK or SC.

MISTER, did you hear about the guy who shot and killed his cousin after losing a game of madden?

Umm not really many characters in SFA3 and CvsS2 basically win by activating custom combos at the right time.In SFA3 there are characters with 50% damage CC no hitting thats in chip damage if they hit they win.In CvsS2 theres IIRC more invicibility on CC start-up and easy 10K damage combos .I dont think you really know what Sentinel Magz or Storm really are capable of in high level

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>