Star Wars Weekend - June 24-26

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MasterChiefll
Hi everyone, I'm new on this forum. I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but STAR WARS WEEKEND IS JUNE 24-26!!!! so go watch the movie if you can make it...The following is from a forum at starwars.com:

This is an internet campaign started at StarWars.com with the goal of making Revenge of the Sith the #1 movie of all time.

The idea is to spread the word through the internet that everyone should go see Star Wars on a particular weekend to give it a sudden surge in box office returns. Imagine if it shot up to #1 all of a sudden. The buzz it would create i the media. But the point isn't to make it number one for that weekend, but to push up past Titanic.

It's a weekend instead of a day to give everyone a chance to go when they can. Spread the word!

DeVi| D0do
Why the hell do people care so much about firckin box office numbers?

Going to see a film just to give it higher BO numbers is really very sad.

Darth_Nefarus
I care, because it's like saying Titanic was better or more popular than Star Wars and it far from is.

DeVi| D0do
Well, Titanic got more money at the Box Office... so obviously it was more popular.

Box Office earnings have no relationship to how good a movie is.

Darth Travizzle
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Why the hell do people care so much about firckin box office numbers?

Going to see a film just to give it higher BO numbers is really very sad.
Ya I go to see the movies because I enjoy watching movies. And I don't care about BO numbers, if I like the movie, that's good enough for me.

JKozzy
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Well, Titanic got more money at the Box Office... so obviously it was more popular.

Box Office earnings have no relationship to how good a movie is. If people see it more than Titanic just for the BO #'s, then it must be pretty damn popular stick out tongue

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by JKozzy
If people see it more than Titanic just for the BO #'s, then it must be pretty damn popular stick out tongue

but not as popular as Titanic laughing

Ask yourself this. Is making star wars number 1 at the box office worth paying for? Why not save that $9.50 and put it towards the super special, limited, highly coveted, yet over produced widescreen directors cut edition.

ab2421
ROTS made more than AOTC in a month... it's still making money and will die very slooowly and rack up the cash.... but beating titanic is not going to happen

ickeris2003
theirs already a thread about this

Wickerman
i actually WOULD go......i just want to go see it AGAIN. And if i can help while at it, why not? However, i can't during that weekend. I have my last exam this year during that weekend...then i'm home free for 3 months w00t

~wickerman~

Bardock42
I would go if they would show it in english....them bastards

Wickerman
Originally posted by Bardock42
I would go if they would show it in english....them bastards

aww man, i just pictured Vader's voice in German love

~wickerman~

CORYCAS
No problem. I have seen ROTS every weekend since it came out. I go not for the BO#'s but because I love the movie. If my going helps the BO#'s great!!!

I liked Titanic, but it was so depressing.

dflood
titanic = crappy cheeseiness

star wars ep3 =sex

The Last Son
Titanic appealed more tword women than starwars does. And guys, the girls outnumber us.

theshakl
i think the audiece that Titanic got was OLD PEOPLE

and we are not thinking about how much money they put into these things..

and i think the secret behign titanics sucess was old people...hm..

Ani's Girl
I have seen it three times, going again tomorrow because I LOVE it and really appreciate it on the BIG SCREEN....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.